Is the reaper going to be strong

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kirigato.7183

Kirigato.7183

Is the necromancer elite spesialization going to be strong,if it is what are the strength and weaknesses

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Well one positive thing to note about reaper is our new found ability to use twilight. However…. the real negative is that we can’t dual wield twlight….

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

My Reaper is going to be strong. We won’t skip leg day so we won’t have any weaknesses.

Alright meow, where were we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

If u can test it September 4-6 and see for yourself if u feel its strong or not. Imho its better for Power Necro Builds then the current Necro is. But both Shouts and GS is underwhelming after first BWE lets see how the Buffs and adjustments works out.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Well one positive thing to note about reaper is our new found ability to use twilight. However…. the real negative is that we can’t dual wield twlight….

Well, considering that the GS auto attacks are named Dusk Strike and Fading Twilight, I’d say we’re almost obligated to use it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

During the first beta I ran celestial signet as reaper and it was my favorite specilization

Bad Elementalist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dakunaito.9602

Dakunaito.9602

strong yes, viable it depends. when players start to adjust to the slow attack speed you’re doomed. even now i can dodge Gravedigger with very high chance. i rarely got hit. when i see the hover animation i dodge. from autoattack i’ve never been chilled. it takes 3s for chill to land and i’m not an idiot to just stand there. utilities are super weak. Daredevil utility skills do double-triple dmg while Reaper boasts high dmg

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

During the first beta I ran celestial signet as reaper and it was my favorite specilization

I tried this too, but I quickly had to switch to soldiers because you can’t really run celestial without curses as the weakness is needed to survive burst classes in 1v1s. In fact that’s the issue, the current three trait lines that cele necro uses have so much synergy that you can’t really make a good cele build without each of them, imo.

Personally I’m most excited to try out MM reaper, but other ranks power builds entice me as well.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Strong, I don’t think so. It will be fun to play though, until the frustration not to be competitive catches up.

I don’t like the fact that Reaper is forced to take Dhuumfire to deal damage. Just staying in shroud depletes life force, so it should compensate by doing more damage than dagger on it’s own. but no, we’re still balanced around best case scenario (we can’t be 6/6/6/6/6 so we will always be subpar).

Reaper is crippled by core necromancer issues; it just uses a different flavor.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Strong, I don’t think so. It will be fun to play though, until the frustration not to be competitive catches up.

I don’t like the fact that Reaper is forced to take Dhuumfire to deal damage. Just staying in shroud depletes life force, so it should compensate by doing more damage than dagger on it’s own. but no, we’re still balanced around best case scenario (we can’t be 6/6/6/6/6 so we will always be subpar).

Reaper is crippled by core necromancer issues; it just uses a different flavor.

I’m more frustrated with being forced into soul reaping for vital persistence than anything else, but I do see your point considering my test where soldiers reaper did overall more damage with dhuumfire than with death perception on.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..