Jagged Horrors, Why do they exist again?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

A fix could be making it a major trait, and buffing it up?

Make it so that its essentially, a weak version of the bone minion, no degeneration or regeneration, and allow a maximum of 3-5, with an internal cooldown on summoning them of 5-10 seconds.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

in Necromancer

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Yesterday I felt like my Jagged Horror lived at least a little bit longer than before – it still had health degen, but would at least reach the enemy and do some damage in most situations.
Don’t know what’s the cause though, or if I only imagined it.

Polka will never die

in Necromancer

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

After reading some of the ideas in this thread I think jagged horrors should act like other minions and other minions should act like the flesh golem: all minions should regen health out of combat except jagged horrors, which simply don’t heal on their own.

in Necromancer

Posted by: vampiregoat.4763

vampiregoat.4763

I don’t even bother with the minions any more they die so fast at higher levels it was not worth it to summon just to watch them die faster than a ranger pet. So I opted to do all condition damage and screw minions as they are all weak.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

You know, it might be kind of interesting if the jagged horrors worked a bit more like their GW1 version. Say that perhaps instead of spawning on enemy death they would spawn when one of your minions died, remove their degen and have them inflict bleeding on attack.

All that aside, I think if they inflicted a long lasting bleed or something on attack they would be more useful even if that was the only change added to them as they would then only have to land one attack before dying to contribute more noticeably to the fight.

in Necromancer

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

I think they should work like the bone fiends and just run into combat and explode for some AOE damage. No regen or degen of health. Have a limit of X at any time and their one goal is aggro and explode. I heartily agree with the idea of making them a major trait.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MechAssault.7802

MechAssault.7802

Anet i hope you reading this…i been waiting so long to wreck havoc on my precious Necro…but the minions are useless and just makes every necro play towards a the same build..mostly condition and some power like myself..can we please get a health regen on all our minions and iono?? maybe tweak thier a.i. just a little..they’re lil demon dudes of meat from hell ..can they act like it? i would have all my minions and spawn and the most useless ones rush first while my elite minion is in the back trying to figure out whats happening or asking himself “where am i?” please anet do something about this.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elmentcius Koronel.6234

Elmentcius Koronel.6234

I agree with Nightshade. Minions should gain health when a foe dies. I think this is an excellent idea.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Sad as it is Death Magic is an entirely worthless line for minion masters. You’d be far better off going Spite/Blood. Your pets will hit like trucks and you’ll get some extremely convenient conditional removal to keep you alive. Beats out that 50% extra health on pets any day. Protection of the Horde is nice but the numbers are just far too low to justify the investment.

(edited by Fungalfoot.7213)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I just put 5 points into that tree hoping expecting to have a cool little minion every 30 seconds, possibly more if I managed them well. As soon as I summoned it once and realised what happened I went straight to the trainer. It is the most pointless and useless trait bonus I’ve seen.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

I just put 5 points into that tree hoping expecting to have a cool little minion every 30 seconds, possibly more if I managed them well. As soon as I summoned it once and realised what happened I went straight to the trainer. It is the most pointless and useless trait bonus I’ve seen.

That made me laugh, I pictured your excited face, full of anticipation when suddenly you see a tiny copy paste version of the Bone Minion as its life quickittenicked away before dying within some 5 seconds doing absolutely nothing – leaving you there staring at the screen in complete confusion for a minute or two.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nekroseth.5186

Nekroseth.5186

I could not agree more.

Minions are supposed to be the main differeance that draws the line between a normal mage/wizard and a nekromancer.
Nekromancy is a subtipe of a magic school that focuses on undead minions. And thats exakittenhe point where Necroancer is mostly useless.

Not only the “main” minions doe fast and have low dmg, and look crappy, but there is only 3-4 at best usually out.
They seem “expendable” but in fact they are so hard to obtain (from cooldowns and slow summon skills, or the number you summon out of them) they are totally not.

And Jagged horror? They are a joke. Who on earth would summon skeleton rabbits, that get 1 hitted? Or die even before they can move from the spot. They look totally idiotic, and are totally useless.
I dont see the point they exist, besides death nova.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Erhnam.5732

Erhnam.5732

I dunno, the human necro’s exasperated “sigh I’ll have to make another one” fits the theme pretty well. Gives me a chuckle, anyway.

EDIT: Also “It lived a good life. Short… but good.”

I love that one. I love the VO for pets, but I agree it should not trigger on Jagged Horror creation/death

in Necromancer

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

Having got to level 60, I now find that they are actually capable of pulling off ONE whole hit. Wooo!

Before now, they would literally spawn, climb out of the ground, move one step, and fall over dead. “Awh, killing my minions? I’ll just make more!”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arcades Saboth.5139

Arcades Saboth.5139

I always smile when my Charr necromancer say
“Ops. There goes another one…”

in Necromancer

Posted by: phamtrinli.6425

phamtrinli.6425

I just can’t bring myself to weigh in on a discussion about necromancer balance until all of our skills actually work the way they were supposed to in the first place (bug fixes)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

Having them siphon health off the dead instead of self healing is a nice compromise and fits with t he lore perfectly…makes sense. Little demon that spawns when something dies, why not feast on death around it.

I initially chose the Necro because of all the minions. I never played a class like this in any MMO and wanted to try something different. It certainly didn’t take long to see how messed up most of our pets are, which was a BIG let down. Die too quick, agro the wrong targets or don’t work much at all. Flesh Golem and Worm are the only ones I bother with now and gaain, unless I’m underwater.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Judges.4527

Judges.4527

I didn’t even know there was a max of 5, I’ve never seen more than 1 at a time climb up out of the ground and then fall over.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

I try to pretend they aren’t there because it is so disappointing when I see one die in 5 seconds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DoctorWhy.3847

DoctorWhy.3847

“I can always summon more”
or
“I didn’t think it would pop like that”
Is all my Asura Necro says. Not all that annoying.

However, the jagged horrors are kittening useless. I avoid the Toughness line all together because of how useless the minor traits are. This sucks so bad, cause even though I went mostly vitality, I still am sqooshy as hell. Fix the Toughness trait line to actually relate to Toughness, and fix the jagged horrors please!? Probably too much to ask from ANet, as they think Death shroud is too powerful, so they nerf us to hell.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

I was just going to post about this, myself.

It seems like a cool idea. It’s the only minion I like using. In theory. but in reality, they die in about 3 seconds, and even if it does hit anything, it does no damage. More than one at a time isn’t possible, because they’re on a long invisible cooldown (30 seconds?) It is 100% useless.

If it’s just for flavor, it would be better if it were a cosmetic pet, that just did a little dance on the corpse that spawned it, before disappearing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiraki.9761

Kiraki.9761

I find this trait excessively annoying, especially since I not even run a minion master, but if I want to make use of any other traits in this line I have to take the Jagged Horrors with it.

I don’t think any of them have ever survived long enough to even make it to the next mob for an attack.

Not only is this pointless for a non-minion based builds but it is incredibly annoying having my character constantly commenting on it’s death. I love all the other little quirky comments and such but these minions ruin that completely.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

I just can’t bring myself to weigh in on a discussion about necromancer balance until all of our skills actually work the way they were supposed to in the first place (bug fixes)

You might not be commenting for a while then=)