Juggermancer[Final][Blog Link]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fazzi.4876

Fazzi.4876

im more a PvE player than PvP, so i wonder if using knights armor insead of pwr/vit/toughness would be better? less HP, still alot of toughness but higher crit would mean more damage? maybe still use the crest of the soldier and you would still be sitting on a ton of HP/toughness in end, just maybe not 28-30k, anyone try it out?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dipsy.6437

Dipsy.6437

just a tip concerning starting lvl 80 power/tough/vit gear. A very cheap alternative to vigil gear is the rare strong conjurer set you can find on the TP. I bought an entire set for about 2-3g.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Like Dipsy, I chose the rare Strong gear, but got the COND DMG/Prec/Tough. I then added Emerald orbs (PREC/Tough/Power) to all pieces. Most jewelry is Rampager (PREC/Power/CondDmg), also with Emerald orbs.

With 20 pts in Curses, I have 48% critchance before buffs.

Toughness is 1326, but health is only 22.7K.

Just a different way to go if crit% is a higher priority.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

I’ve tried this build, almost all exotics etc, and I love the tanking/surviving/constant dps ability. I could run from Greenwater to my spawn while been shot and chased by 3-4 defenders and waste them instead of dying on the spot.

I do find that I lack some burst though, when WoS is on cooldown, what do you think about Close to death (30/0/20/20) instead of your build for added burst when they’re down to 50%?

this is also a very strong trait spread. As i believe my OP suggests, the traits for this specific setup are EXTREMELY flexible.

i myself may move things around between curses, death and SR

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Like Dipsy, I chose the rare Strong gear, but got the COND DMG/Prec/Tough. I then added Emerald orbs (PREC/Tough/Power) to all pieces. Most jewelry is Rampager (PREC/Power/CondDmg), also with Emerald orbs.

With 20 pts in Curses, I have 48% critchance before buffs.

Toughness is 1326, but health is only 22.7K.

Just a different way to go if crit% is a higher priority.

I actually plan on having con/tough/prec gear and use carrion trinks for the less-hp high crit chance condimancer version of this build.

good eye! read my mind

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

im more a PvE player than PvP, so i wonder if using knights armor insead of pwr/vit/toughness would be better? less HP, still alot of toughness but higher crit would mean more damage? maybe still use the crest of the soldier and you would still be sitting on a ton of HP/toughness in end, just maybe not 28-30k, anyone try it out?

I apologize, i was too lazy to actually put down the most optimal gear setup for the build.

It is NOT by using knight’s trinks. those are easy to buy though, so i use them until i get inavder’s earrings +emerald pendant + lost seal of usoku(s), and invader weps.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

This thread got my attention but I am more a fan of bleed and dots than the raw dps skills
So I made my necro with all exotics with the following build
0/30/25/15/0
I have about 25k hp 1600 toughness 1400 condition dmg.
Ill be taking it out for a spin in wvw tonight.

I think the extra tankiness and boost to healing will be a huge boon and combined with my dodge marks and dropping bleeds when going into ds itll be fun to see if i can outlast my competition in 1v1s

this build is pretty close to what i will run in a month or so. except it will be 0/30/20/10/10 for perma swifting and extra DS flesh. the minor in death isn’t important to me

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

As for those wondering if this is a good build for PvE and dungeons, it is.

if you run dungeons with more balanced warriors/engis/thieves that aren’t glass cannons, your damage output should be roughly right under theirs, while maintaining better consistency in your DPS. The result of such is that you’ll gain aggro early in a battle, and the warrior should end up bursting which trades aggro. when he starts to go down (quickly) popping DS4 w/ life transfer blood trait should re-aggro to you.

trading aggro is one of the strongest tactics in game for PvE, and this build perfectly synergizes with team-play with other hearty classes.

as for solo PvE, you can always find much more phenomenal success with a full condition necro, but that’s because BiP/scepter + epidemic is just sooooo goood.

otherwise, solo PvE is still super easy. if you rolled this as a hybrid, you can easily take out 20 orrian spectral jugs at the same moment.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Question for Sheobix:

Only thing I’m confused about this build is where does your condition removal come from, could you specify in regards to condition removal which remains vital in WvW?

thanks for posting this great build!

Consume conditions, and staff 4. if you also run with well of power, that’s three sources of condition removal.

if any/all of those are on cooldown, sitting in DS takes the damage without a hitch.

most of the time, i can play the necro to 15% hp and pop Consume to regen nearly all of it back when i let them stack conditions on me.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

@ sheobix

why not use AC weapons too ? for pwr/tou/vit

You can. I just like the look of SE vs. AC.

well, except for the helmet.. i had to learn to love that one.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Interesting thread and my first necro set was similar to the listed one … for pve its much fun.
Atm i’m not sure to try runes of melandru (-25% Stun and condi duration, 165 tough)
vs soldier crest (
120 power, +84 toughness, +84 vit) …. for wvwvw

perfectly viable. in WvW that is actually a better choice just out of pure strategy.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

i dont see this build being viable for spvp. do you have any experience there? runes/amulets?

it is viable in tPvP but not sPvP.

the reason it is viable for tPvP because if you’re running in an organized team, using lich and the toughness is a very good way to support and kill alongside a team mate.

this build does really well in a duo. It is the last man standing and the one who holds out.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

ok, going with soldier’s amulet then. do i need any precision? even with high power, and no condition/precision, seems im hitting like a wet noodle.

with no precision and +crit dmg mods, you’ll feel like that. A glass cannon necro can output 2x the damage at the cost of 5x the survivability.

eventually you might see that stronger players in PvP run with toughness.

lasting longer and doing consistent dps > dying 50/50 and doing wtfdps

the way the necro was designed vs. how other classes are designed…

other classes cannot live for as long. it doesn’t take much time for other classes to get CD-locked or not have enough healing to offset their damage intake.

as a cloth wearer, with our DS mechanic, and our transform elites, going PTV maximizes our potential and makes us last for crazy amounts of time.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

how is performing in dungeon? i’m gearing armor and weapon full soldier and trinket knights (without the medallion) to stack some precision, i dont really need 28 k health for dungeon if i have so much toughness, and some more precision truly help

Well you wont be dying easily but i feel running this setup in instances a bad idea since the longer a mob can live the more chances you have for things to go wrong. Instances are one of the few times i will go all out damage whether it be a hybrid of condition and power, too just straight power and or conditions.

With my necros naturally high health i find getting more toughness and health just slows down the group and doesnt add really much else. This is just how I feel about them. I have 5 exotic sets of gear from instances so I could have an armor set to fill any role i want to play as. I can strongly say the more damage the group does as a whole the better the chances the instance will go in most cases.

Everyone does actully have to play, dodge and such but everyone going for damage just seems to work better then everyone trying to build for support and bunker setups.

True, but soldier offers high damage + survivebility.

Full soldier armor/weapons with emeralds + berserkers jwelery, still have 30 cc and 30 cd

shizo sums it up nicely.

the strength of PTV gear is through obtaining a very high and constant(static) damage BASE. That’s through the stacked power. (3400-3500 attack) i said in another post how you could roll this into a scepter necro, and you’d do more damage flushing into curses on top of spite, but you’ll lose bits of your tanking ability as you do so.

in dungeons, everyone going damage is NOT a good thing. for example, run SE and you’ll find your party will wipe often.

the extreme ends of the spectrum of GW2 and dungeons are a full team going Berserker glass cannon, dying in 3 seconds when anything touches them. the other end is, everyone is running a support/healing/tanking toon (guard+staff, water ele+staff, tough/cond/heal thief spamming death blossom d/d, axe necro w/ staff running regen and siphons, cleric’s gear warrior using regen banner effects, etc.) and fights take forever but nobody even comes close to dying.

the best dungeon setup falls in the middle. Everyone with tanking ability + consistent and STRONG dps. not over the top DPS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

With that much power and survival, what do you guys think about using Retaliation? I know it scales with Power, and ours is almost maxed out.

I’m mostly playing in WvW and thiefs are the most annoying little critter, mainly because of culling/targeting issue.

So with my 30/0/20/20 full Soldier kit build, I could manage to bring my Retaliation uptime almost permanent (27 sec, with a 32 sec cooldown, against more than one target it could be on almost forever, but thief is the culprit here )

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQQQNAnYWlQaq0WqR5G92EgkCs5dSR2jD9YXprF;TMALLGJMhA

Can it help against those pesky perma-stealth, or is the Retaliation’s damage laughable?

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Retaliation is a good synergetic to this build, if you have an asura necro, using pain inverter for confusion on thieves is the most hilarious thing to witness.

your build is also good. the point of PTV gear+ soldiers is it allows you to really be flexible with utils, elites, and traits. it will rock any way you build it. more power to you for using retaliation.

if you’re worried about thieves, drop well of darkness and hit DS. let them waste their initiative on your DS pool and then begin your rotation. it takes marginal amounts of patience, but that’s how easy it is to win vs. a thief.

in Necromancer

Posted by: glock.2089

glock.2089

let them waste their initiative on your DS pool and then begin your rotation. it takes marginal amounts of patience, but that’s how easy it is to win vs. a thief.

You did a wonderful job explaining why this build works from an equipment standpoint/theorycrafting but it would be equally helpful to hear how you begin and end your rotation

(you haven’t formally shared your Juggermancer rotation in detail). Thanks!

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

The rotation is a minimal part of the build, as it’s not so much of a rotate/chain build as it is a brawler/duelist type build.

ways to open a fight:
If your opponent is a mes/guard/war with lots of boons, drop a well of corruption. it deals the first 1-2k damage and rips off all their boons. they will either be preoccupied with trying to CC you, or trying to re-stack their boons. this gives you time to counter.

Close with dagger 3, run in, horn4 for daze, autoattack. (at this point, you should have dealt an additional 6-7k of damage)

depending on how they decide to change their play, you will probably have to hit Death shroud, or swap staff.
Ds3+Ds2 to interrupt and close, or Staff5 Staff3 to do the same.

Most of the damage will be done with WoS (if you get a good grip on them) + Dagger Auto w/ staff4. that alone (~4k+6k+3k) will bring down most glass cannons to zero, while maintaining good control on them.

Of course, high toughness and vit lets you apply consume conditions every once and a while to heal to full. It will frustrate your enemy.

====

if you wanted to burst, drop WoS, WoC, dagger3 and dagger auto. once they pop out of immob, drop staff4 and hit ds3 then ds4.

If your foe is a condition-build…
Drop well of power, use the might/retal/fury that you gain and use Ds2 to close and dag3/dag1 to bomb them. if you’re carrying BiP in your bar, use it and go into Lich form. Use lich3 knockdown and use Autoattack (3k per hit) to eat their hp. This applies power based counter-pressure and makes them need to bubble up.

Again, the vit and tough makes HP management a total cakewalk.

in Necromancer

glock.2089

Sheobix:

Have you seen this helpful post by a mathematician player that found Necro is the most balanced/has the ideal split of all classes in regards to toughness and vitality?

http://teamlegacy.net/forum/topic/7265-math-might-vulnerability-and-toughness-isnt-good-in-spvp/page__st__40#entry96024

His formulas, according to my humble interpretation, validate your strategy that maintaining numerical balance of Vitality and Toughness moving forward (through max usage of crest of soldier etc.) is ruthlessly effective:

“Necromancer: base ratio 1:10. Yes, the necro is born perfect! An even split of vitality and toughness from here on out will do him well. (Max/Max 73.2 million EHP, 1:10 Ratio)…Necro is already getting the most EHP/stats possible at the start.”

What is most encouraging about “Juggermancer” is its baseline solidarity appears to offer great flexibility in terms of utility selection/playstyle as you have pointed out several times

Not to mention, I always play better when I am armed with the confidence of having a beastly build (and not fearing any class especially thieves sneaking up on me)!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

By keeping the same build and gear, and just switching traits and utilities, you can run 2-3 different styles that are crazy good in their own right.

Right now I have to say that this build is one of the most fun I had with my necro. I actually have time to learn to counter other classes instead of been instagib on some CC.

I’ve tried the Retaliation build with my asura, and man, the uptime is greater than expected. In combat, I can be perma-retaliation. It’s so funny when 2-3 lowbies in WvW are falling around me just because they try to burst me down. Of course this build won’t do much to somebody who’s running away, but then again when that happens you’re not dead

Thanks again for the main build’s idea.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

you’re more than welcome! It just took me 13 prior builds of all sorts to find the perfect one that fits to all scenarios, save for sPvP.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

by revisiting your post…
You CAN use knight’s armor instead. if you want more damage a the trade-off of vitality, go ahead. the crests will still give you around 1-2k hp and the traits will give you another 2.5k hp.

(18.5+2+2.5= 23k so you’re in the green zone)

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Sheobix:

Have you seen this helpful post by a mathematician player that found Necro is the most balanced/has the ideal split of all classes in regards to toughness and vitality?

http://teamlegacy.net/forum/topic/7265-math-might-vulnerability-and-toughness-isnt-good-in-spvp/page__st__40#entry96024

His formulas, according to my humble interpretation, validate your strategy that maintaining numerical balance of Vitality and Toughness moving forward (through max usage of crest of soldier etc.) is ruthlessly effective:

“Necromancer: base ratio 1:10. Yes, the necro is born perfect! An even split of vitality and toughness from here on out will do him well. (Max/Max 73.2 million EHP, 1:10 Ratio)…Necro is already getting the most EHP/stats possible at the start.”

What is most encouraging about “Juggermancer” is its baseline solidarity appears to offer great flexibility in terms of utility selection/playstyle as you have pointed out several times

Not to mention, I always play better when I am armed with the confidence of having a beastly build (and not fearing any class especially thieves sneaking up on me)!

I have not seen this! But now after reading it, I totally understand and agree with it.

The way I always explained it to someone who whispered me in game was..

if i run with 2700-3000 armor vs. 1800 base armor, i’m effectively doubling my vitality density because i take much less damage per hit than the joe schmoe next to me.

on top of that, if i stack nearly twice the vitality, i’m essentially gaining 4x the survivablity. On top of that, those benefits carry on through DS usage and elite transformations.

end of the day, I tried out my 20/30/10/0/10 condition build version…
It sucks! It just doesn’t live as long as the juggermancer. and staying alive=doing damage longer. staying alive= carrying the team and ressing everyone else.

that, and we still do decent damage. (1-3k per hit is nothing to scoff at.)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Helequin.2608

Helequin.2608

I love this build. It’s a lot of fun, but as mentioned wasn’t great in sPvP where I was testing it out. So I started tinkering and got a quick something that may not be the best thing in the world, but worked pretty well.

30/0/0/30/10, using Dagger/Focus and Axe/Horn. Soldier’s everything.

Okay, first off I know I lose the toughness from traits and I’m using axe. The axe is there to have a switch for the horn mostly, and a bit for vulnerability and one more cripple. I may even just keep the dagger in the second set…

Triats:
Close to death, chill of death and whatever you want.
Dagger Mastery, Quickening Thirst and whatever you want (or take 5 points and throw them elsewhere)
Spectral Mastery

Skills:
Consume Conditions, Spectral Wall, Spectral Walk, Spectral Grasp, Lich Form.

I know, the wells are gone. Remember, this is sPvP, everyone is running around like chickens.

The idea here is you get speed, and a bunch of snares or slows. You still have incredible health and high armor. The spectral skills on lower CDs make for good escapes. Judicious use of DS is of course there to increase survivability. Dagger 1 with the stacked power is the main damage. Getting vulnerability from the axe and focus helps here too.

Basic strategy is to pick the person on the opposing team least expecting it and run them over. Typically a warrior I imaging grinning as he closes until I rush him and he tries to figure out what I’m doing. If some tries to escape a team fight, run them over too.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

SHeobix,

Thanks for the guide. Today I took a second set of armor I have, and worked it up to get similar stats that you have posted. I worried about having lower crit chance, so I downed my health to 25.5k. I ended up with around 46% crit (only 19% crit dmg), 3200 attack, 3100 armor, running your 20/0/25/25/0 build.

I ran it in WvW, using a dagger/warhorn, staff. I have to say, that while I liked having so much armor, and so much health, i felt like I was less of a force in WvW. Before, I was running Zintair’s power/crit/condition-mancer. Ended up having about 2850-3k attack, 1300 condition dmg, 46% crit/40 crit damage, 1250 vitality, 2400 armor (If I am recalling correcting).

Essentially, when I compared the two, targets seemed to fall faster. I think the crit damage combined with the bleeds that ticked for 106, really increased the damage output (if the bleeds were not insta cleared). My hps were about 23.5k, so granted i did not have as high of armor, hps, but I had ground targetable wells, high condition damage for staff and scepter/dagger skills.

So, I guess, I just want your throughts on your build in wvw. I was not getting that much of a difference in well dmg, or staff damage with your build, and I felt dagger put me in a bad spot when in wvw.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

I love this build. It’s a lot of fun, but as mentioned wasn’t great in sPvP where I was testing it out. So I started tinkering and got a quick something that may not be the best thing in the world, but worked pretty well.

30/0/0/30/10, using Dagger/Focus and Axe/Horn. Soldier’s everything.

Okay, first off I know I lose the toughness from traits and I’m using axe. The axe is there to have a switch for the horn mostly, and a bit for vulnerability and one more cripple. I may even just keep the dagger in the second set…

Triats:
Close to death, chill of death and whatever you want.
Dagger Mastery, Quickening Thirst and whatever you want (or take 5 points and throw them elsewhere)
Spectral Mastery

Skills:
Consume Conditions, Spectral Wall, Spectral Walk, Spectral Grasp, Lich Form.

I know, the wells are gone. Remember, this is sPvP, everyone is running around like chickens.

The idea here is you get speed, and a bunch of snares or slows. You still have incredible health and high armor. The spectral skills on lower CDs make for good escapes. Judicious use of DS is of course there to increase survivability. Dagger 1 with the stacked power is the main damage. Getting vulnerability from the axe and focus helps here too.

Basic strategy is to pick the person on the opposing team least expecting it and run them over. Typically a warrior I imaging grinning as he closes until I rush him and he tries to figure out what I’m doing. If some tries to escape a team fight, run them over too.

The soldier amulet gives much much less bonus to your stats as PvE gear does.

The build really relies on the full fleshed out numbers to work well.

otherwise, in PvP I go 20/30/x/x/x and go s/h or s/d

edit: as a cond build.

(edited by Sheobix.8796)

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

SHeobix,

Thanks for the guide. Today I took a second set of armor I have, and worked it up to get similar stats that you have posted. I worried about having lower crit chance, so I downed my health to 25.5k. I ended up with around 46% crit (only 19% crit dmg), 3200 attack, 3100 armor, running your 20/0/25/25/0 build.

I ran it in WvW, using a dagger/warhorn, staff. I have to say, that while I liked having so much armor, and so much health, i felt like I was less of a force in WvW. Before, I was running Zintair’s power/crit/condition-mancer. Ended up having about 2850-3k attack, 1300 condition dmg, 46% crit/40 crit damage, 1250 vitality, 2400 armor (If I am recalling correcting).

Essentially, when I compared the two, targets seemed to fall faster. I think the crit damage combined with the bleeds that ticked for 106, really increased the damage output (if the bleeds were not insta cleared). My hps were about 23.5k, so granted i did not have as high of armor, hps, but I had ground targetable wells, high condition damage for staff and scepter/dagger skills.

So, I guess, I just want your throughts on your build in wvw. I was not getting that much of a difference in well dmg, or staff damage with your build, and I felt dagger put me in a bad spot when in wvw.

Any maxed power or maxed condition damage build will feel less efficient when not running a full crit build (aka a hybrid that uses both) because you’re essentially squeezing every drop of damage out of your necro (probably using rampager’s or carrions) but 2400 armor vs. 3000 armor and 25khp vs. 30khp w/ the 3k armor is extremely noticable.

It’s really all about what you want. it’s a trade-off of DPS vs. Survivability.

After monitoring the numbers and calculating effectivity in WvW, staying alive, resurrecting multiple people, and doing really solid damage (1-3k per hit is solid. Don’t get me wrong, the extremes: bad player dies in 5-9 seconds from DPS alone, vs. good player, you hold out very well and duel their HP to nothing within 40 seconds TOPS)

As I said before, Going full knight’s gear is one alternative to using my PTV setup.

The only difference is, my setup can get higher numbers in stats because of the beneficial trait setup bonuses (25 in death and blood.. 250 tough and 2500 hp) and ascended availability. Also, there is a reason why WvW invader gear is all PTV stat.

There is also a reason why Rabid and Soldier prefix armor are THE HARDEST TO GET.

Seriously. Check it out, Cond/Tough/Prec and Power/Tough/Vit are the hardest to obtain.

CTPr gear can be obtained though farming the harder dungeons, or purchased in expensive Khilbron’s gear.

PTV gear is obtained through full invader’s gear that will take forever to obtain badges for, or through Sorrow’s Embrace (least fun and most bugged dungeon aside from Arah) or TA/AC. The trinkets are near impossible to find. Same with Rabid gear.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Helequin.2608

Helequin.2608

The soldier amulet gives much much less bonus to your stats as PvE gear does.

The build really relies on the full fleshed out numbers to work well.

otherwise, in PvP I go 20/30/x/x/x and go s/h or s/d

edit: as a cond build.

Definitely. And I had that in mind as I messed around with sPvP. My main goal was to get the dagger to work well but still have good survivability. The lower overall stat-line vs PVE is likely why I found ditching wells for more spectral skills (i.e trickery) to be more effective.

It really became a separate build, which would be best used to run over glass-cannons that rely on hit and run attacks. The damage wasn’t great, but in the mass chaos that sPvP can be, it seemed to work really well. The multiple sources for cripples and chills can really lock someone down.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alex.4186

Alex.4186

in the end for a pve focus soldier armor and knight trinket its a good mix?

Sorry for the bad English

in Necromancer

Fazzi.4876

by revisiting your post…
You CAN use knight’s armor instead. if you want more damage a the trade-off of vitality, go ahead. the crests will still give you around 1-2k hp and the traits will give you another 2.5k hp.

(18.5+2+2.5= 23k so you’re in the green zone)

i went ahead and did full knights armor, with knights weapons. crest of the soldier in all of that. for jewelry i have lost seal of usoku and khilborn’s (until i get a better ascended) emerald ori exotic pieces in the other 3 slots, except i put exquisite beryl jewels in them. i still sit just over 3k attack with like 2995 armor and ~23k HP. its been working out pretty well so far. i find the play style more fun than staff or scepter/dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alex.4186

Alex.4186

how much crti chance you get in this way?

Sorry for the bad English

in Necromancer

glock.2089

Sheobix in your ideal build above you list:

Lost Seal of Usoku x 2 (for P/V/T ascended rings). This is not achievable as ascended items are unique and therefore you can only equip one (also have to wait for the ring to random drop from a daily chest which is quite frustrating).

However the Royal Signet of Doric has the same stats as the Seal:

http://www.gw2db.com/items/71356-royal-signet-of-doric

I’m not thrilled about major fractal ginding and then waiting for random drops so I’m satisfied with getting the exotic Invaders ring from WvW or buying the exotic nightmare coil off trading post:

http://www.gw2db.com/items/72125-nightmare-coil

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Sheobix in your ideal build above you list:

Lost Seal of Usoku x 2 (for P/V/T ascended rings). This is not achievable as ascended items are unique and therefore you can only equip one (also have to wait for the ring to random drop from a daily chest which is quite frustrating).

However the Royal Signet of Doric has the same stats as the Seal:

http://www.gw2db.com/items/71356-royal-signet-of-doric

I’m not thrilled about major fractal ginding and then waiting for random drops so I’m satisfied with getting the exotic Invaders ring from WvW or buying the exotic nightmare coil off trading post:

http://www.gw2db.com/items/72125-nightmare-coil

very good catch! when i get the time, hopefully this weekend, I’ll re-work the OP to include a new updated list of gear for optimal PTV stats.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

how much crti chance you get in this way?

w/ emerald trinks, and khilbron mix, he’s probably getting 30-40% crit chance, which is not bad.

in Necromancer

Fazzi.4876

32% crit with my set up, however only 9% crit damage all which come from the exquisite beryl jewels i put in the emerald jewelry. 9% is pretty low though so i’m not sure if i’m going to keep it that way or not

in Necromancer

glock.2089

One more note for your upcoming guide 3.0 version. Yah!

“Master Maintenance Oil: Gain power equal to 6% of your toughness; Gain power equal to 4% of your vitality; +10 Experience from kills":

It does not work as this in-game description says. Currently, it boosts Precision not Power on Stormbluff server. Is it working for you?

Until this bug is fixed I’m using either:

1. Plate of Orrian Steak Frittes: +100 power, +70 vitality, +10 Experience from kills
2. Loaf of Omnomberry Bread: +100 vitality, +70 toughness, +10 Experience from kills

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Nice tip glock.

in Necromancer

glock.2089

Thanks freak. So i figured it out (I have no life atm hehe). Master Maintenance Oil is working as intended Anet just goofed on the description.

Here is the right one to use:

“Superior Sharpening Stone: Gain power equal to 6% of your toughness; Gain power equal to 4% of your vitality”

This is amazing cause it is technically a tool not a food so you can use it AT THE SAME TIME as the Omnomberry Bread or Orrian Steak Frites (omg this build just gets better and better cause of all the info sharing and Sheobix’s efforts!)

See attached: with Wvw bonuses + food+ guild buffs = 33k health, 3.7k attack

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

great, glock. now i have to update the WHOLE POST and the title. but good work!

I always thought oils worked, guess not. time to sell them and buy the stones…

And yes. craft consumables stack with food consumes

in Necromancer

Posted by: EgidiuS.8609

EgidiuS.8609

I’m so lost with the Necromancer. I’m playing with it since August 1. I have all the sets, all the items for all builds, and I’m still not finding a suitable build.

Is the build of this topic good for W v W?

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

I’m so lost with the Necromancer. I’m playing with it since August 1. I have all the sets, all the items for all builds, and I’m still not finding a suitable build.

Is the build of this topic good for W v W?

This build is probably one of the best for WvW. In the end, when you finally gear him up, you’ll be having loads of fun with this build.
(even with a mix of junk and just some PTV stuff, it’s still very good!)

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Thanks again glock, I updated the whole post and gave some credit. Great things can come from the necro community if people work together.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

I’d love to try this but I’m reluctant to just because it seems food and other consumables are a must. I haven’t been playing much and have only a couple gold to my name right now. Are the consumables expensive?

Also, I’m not sure if you know about it or not but try out Into the Mists

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=;0_-33;1IkI0G4gJkJ0;9;6JJT;414-57-59AU-k6ON;0OZG5OZ086c

it’s probably the best build calculator I’ve seen yet and can show a lot of important stuff like runes, sigils, and jewelery

(edited by Levian.6742)

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

The food are NOT a must. most of the time, i forget about them and realize they aren’t in my bar.

into the mists has old data that doesn’t include ascended gear, and uses PvP setups to calculate gear stat spread which is not the same as PvE gear. Also, PvE gear adds over twice the bonus.

try the build. Even when my necro was only half geared (like 5 pieces of SE and some emerald junk) He was tanking better than my best guild Warriors.

also, don’t edit the link to mask because it has a ; in the URL. nobody can go to it. use bit.ly or my favorites are gw2codex or http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc because they easily show what boons, conditions, and base stat spreads w/ traits are calculated.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

Ah, that makes a bit more sense with the stats then. Playing around in sPvP I couldn’t get those numbers, and I don’t have any decent gear in PvE yet so it’ll be a while before I can really test it out.

Just looking at the build and the playstyle, it seems to be very similar to a setup I used to use PvE levelling and WvW, but with WAY highest stats, and just a tad more thought out :P

in Necromancer

Fazzi.4876

just want to add something about food, while the ones listed for this build arent really that expensive. there appears to be a bug in fractals that wipes you food for no apparent reason before the 30min is up. it doesnt affect oils/sharpening stones though, only food.

so right now if you’re using food in a fractal, dont bother wasting the more expensive ones unless you dont care about the cost

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

I had switched my char to this build and altho it is really good for sPVP and PVE I found being in the mix of it just a bit too much for WvW. Against more experienced opposition you get thrown about like a paper bag in the wind, and die alot due to the lack of stability we have.

I did find that Thief’s were alot easier to handle, they suddenly became the class I feared to the class that realised they bit off more than they could chew. In PVE I was able to soak up alot of damage and I found running around Orr was smashing with this build and Dungeons was even better.

As I am now heading into WvW more, this is when the kinks started appearing, and as such I realised that being front line and in the mix is just too dangerous for me at least. Im not saying it will be for everyone but I wasn’t able to find a style that suited the way I play for WvW and I felt at keeps etc, I didn’t bring alot to the table. So I kept the gear the same but went with the tried and trusted 30/30/10/0/0 full damage build.

Health is between 25-26k without any foods but im finding in WvW I am hitting like a train, maybe not as good as other classes but good enough for me. Unfortunately like all good trade off’s, ive now went back to Thief being my worst nightmare as I am a glass cannon build. Add onto that WvW buffs are now taking effect and my health is bumped up to just under 30k and with each tick it is getting higher.

I must say corrupt boon still brings a smile to my face when a Guardian charges me and activates their Save Yourselves skill. Seeing 7 boons turn into conditions in quick smart time and watch as that Guardian realises their health is dropping like a stone and attempts to run is indeed fun. It is nice when the skill works.

The good thing about this build is Sheo has provided a very nice base with armour, jewellery etc for you to tweak around to suit your play style. I have tried various builds with different jewellery and armour combinations and this is the one ive found the best. I may not do as much Condition damage as someone in full Carrion but I find I have better survivability and with that extra power to do the initial damage with the dots as a secondary. There is too much area condition cleansing skills in WvW for having Conditions as a main to be effective, they are only effective if you can get the full duration out of them.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hugo the Great.1426

Hugo the Great.1426

Just out of curiosity, I dont see what Earrings you are using, and what would be an alternative to use for jewelry until the RNG gods bless me with two rings? Im totally stoaked to try this build out, and look foward to building my Juggermancer after a long time of conditon play.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Just out of curiosity, I dont see what Earrings you are using, and what would be an alternative to use for jewelry until the RNG gods bless me with two rings? Im totally stoaked to try this build out, and look foward to building my Juggermancer after a long time of conditon play.

I had to spend some time researching what earrings would work, and are more accessible.

I updated the post today to include Shukov’s Launch Codes (200 tokens of moletariate, and ori setting+hook) x2 or invader earrings for the PTV accessories.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

…. snip

The good thing about this build is Sheo has provided a very nice base with armour, jewellery etc for you to tweak around to suit your play style. I have tried various builds with different jewellery and armour combinations and this is the one ive found the best. I may not do as much Condition damage as someone in full Carrion but I find I have better survivability and with that extra power to do the initial damage with the dots as a secondary. There is too much area condition cleansing skills in WvW for having Conditions as a main to be effective, they are only effective if you can get the full duration out of them.

imo PTV gear is the optimal setup, with a close cousin being full emerald gear (knights) with the soldier crests in them. Any trait setup will rock this gear setup, even condition hybrids.

if someone was to push this as a dag/dag condition hybrid, i’d go full knights with either rampager jewels x12-14 or stick with the soldier crests. that way you can go x/30/x/20(25)/x and use sigil of earth on top of barbed precision to proc bleeding. this subs out scepter to stack bleeds and let you utilize the highest dps ratio of dagger attacks. So basically a dagger conditionmancer. as long as you have 20 points in blood with that kind of build, you can consume any 66% crit chance siphon food and heal+bleed with any crits (mainly channeled abilities like Ds4 and Dag2)

using lich/plague with BiP and a well, d/d emerald/ramp( or soldier) geared necro can also do well on the other end of the spectrum.