July 23rd patch notes: hidden buffs edition

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kronosfear.7548

Kronosfear.7548

Oh let’s be honest: Half of you wouldn’t have rolled a necro if it wasn’t for the buffs back then. You know, those condi-fearmancer builds the cool guys have been running with.

Not that it matters to me.

Hint: D/D Necro Power builds for the win!

I haven’t changed my build in last 7 months.
And what’s the point of d/d necro with thieves and warriors around? Melee attack on a single target, what a joke.

Maybe I don’t want to roll a thief. Maybe my warrior is themed differently.

Maybe I don’t want to follow those popular builds since everyone’s doing it, which doesn’t sound fun.

Don’t knock it till you try it.

“Conversation enriches the understanding, but solitude is the school of genius.”
- Sir Edward Gibbon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dhogoth.1856

Dhogoth.1856

The patch was not released yet and we already have 200 post em 3k+ views, do we deserve a Dev Post?

Brazillian guild: White Raven

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

On a more hilarious side-note, necros that are killed in one-shot with DS up should explode in a cloud of black fog.

I support this change.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-Changes-on-July-23-2013/first

No, they’re busy laughing it up with Rangers who got a 3 sec stealth on longbow (12 sec cd) and some other buffs. They deserved some attention first.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Also, you do realize that using all of your life force in DS keeps the cooldown from popping right? That’s another big part of the balance….that happens…which is still not a freaking sticky on the class forums yet….

10 characters to say;

wat

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tenderly.7019

Tenderly.7019

don’t worry guys, necro still broken op.

Even I agree with that rabid-amulet-wearing euro butt of yours.

I don’t see why any of these nerfs are such a big deal as people are making them out to be

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-Changes-on-July-23-2013/first

No, they’re busy laughing it up with Rangers who got a 3 sec stealth on longbow (12 sec cd) and some other buffs. They deserved some attention first.

That is something really….. stealth that accessible to a class with none at all is fascinating. I bet I will see longbow rangers all over WvW now. With their other survial skills, they are going to be as annoying as perma-stealth thieves but with 1500 range..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

I agree with one caveat. Condi Necros are still broken op because nerfing terror doesnt’ fix our incredible amount of damage and we can still chain 3 straight fears on one person.

Power Dagger Necros who had it rough before are now completely done with the ds change. Your only hope is to blow someone up before you die. Previously you could use ds to kill and get out if it failed. Now it’s just die even if you outplay the ds nerf means you will still take damage even if you used it defensively to eat the damage.

@Nemesis – necros are still very viable in pvp. They are just bad in solo queueing, and they are even worse now thanks to the ds nerf. The necro should never be stomping anyways. Leave it to your team and rely on positioning and use the downed body as your epidemic train.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dhogoth.1856

Dhogoth.1856

Yeah I saw That….

Wait wait wait…So the base radius for our symbols is now what it used to be traited with Writ of Exaltation??? Does this mean I can finally run something else instead of ensuring my symbols actually hit something outside of the range of my toes? Sweet.

Most of the symbol changes were just correcting the effects to match the actual area of the symbol. A lot of the symbol’s effects were 120/180 when the actual area was 180/240.

That being said, we did increase Symbol of Swiftness and Symbol of Faith from 120/180 to 180/240 to be consistent with the other symbols. =)

Torment?

Rework of Jug?!

Rush/Bull?!?

Healing Buffs?!?!?!

Apparently I’ve been sucked into parallel dimension where ANet actually <3’s warriors!

We care about all professions. =)

Among other benefits the stealth on hunters also let’s you cast the beginning of barrage without detection.

Brazillian guild: White Raven

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

wow, rangers are going to be a pain in the kitten kitten now. F.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

Really ?… what rank are you if i may ask, or… what pro team are you part of ?

Did i see you in the last official tournament ? I couldn’t have… since there were NO NECROMANCERS in it, why do you think that is ?…

Been below top 50, I solo queue all the time though, but how are leaderboards any indication? They mean nothing

I play on NA btw, and haven’t had a team for a bit, doesn’t mean there aren’t super-pugs running around tournie queueing and scrimming against high-end teams and/or other super-pugs.

Teams not playing with Necros doesn’t mean Necros aren’t good at high end. I certainly saw tournaments with teams running necros, on NA anyway

This is the most powerful a Condi Necro has been since the launch of the game in PvP.

284 Tenderly.7019

Yeah… a bit bellow 50, and you… you say necromancers are good as they are now ?
You are at that position and you don’t see that everyone else does everything a bit better then us with half the effort ?

Are you doing this to attract attention or why ?… i don’t get it…

You can’t possibly claim that the following situation is fine…

2 players attack thief – thief instantly escapes 5 seconds later appears in another fight, at another point full HP
2 players attack elementalist – elementalists instantly escapes 5 seconds later appears in another fight at another point full HP
2 players attack guardian – guardian blocks twice, invulnerable for a few seconds, another invulnerable, 1 full heal… a few knockdowns… then you may kill him… 20 seconds on average
2 players attack mesmer – mesmer clone stealth blink portal escapes 5 seconds later appears in another fight at another point full HP

2 players attack necromancer – necromancer can not escape / necromancer escapes takes 20 seconds to reach another position

Need i go on ?… you know this, you have to know this, why do you claim it to be otherwise ?

any non necromancer class dies – necromancer takes AT LEAST 5 seconds on average to stomp except if using 180 CD plague form or forced 30 SR build for stability
necromancer dies – any non necromancer class stomps instantly

Are you doing this for the publicity or why ?

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

And they can trait that down to like 9.6 seconds….

Yeah that is very cool for them…. WvW will now enjoy rangers roaming on something other than the BM/troll/condition spec.

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

Yeah that is very cool for them…. WvW will now enjoy rangers roaming on something other than the BM/troll/condition spec.

which means, they are stealth every 6.6 seconds if they stealth for 3 secs. ouch man. shoot, do damage, when they get close to the ranger, ranger goes stealth for 3 seconds, repositions, and barrages, and bam.

we really need an escape.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

which means, they are stealth every 6.6 seconds if they stealth for 3 secs. ouch man. shoot, do damage, when they get close to the ranger, ranger goes stealth for 3 seconds, repositions, and barrages, and bam.

we really need an escape.

haha…. I was thinking this as well.. they can do like P/D thieves and just take off in a random direction, turn and shoot, all while the pet is chewing on your ankles. The kiting is going to be so bad. And they don’t have to worry about landing a melee attack to to back into stealth, they can do it again from 1500 range…. oh yes…. this is going to be something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

I agree with one caveat. Condi Necros are still broken op because nerfing terror doesnt’ fix our incredible amount of damage and we can still chain 3 straight fears on one person.

Power Dagger Necros who had it rough before are now completely done with the ds change. Your only hope is to blow someone up before you die. Previously you could use ds to kill and get out if it failed. Now it’s just die even if you outplay the ds nerf means you will still take damage even if you used it defensively to eat the damage.

@Nemesis – necros are still very viable in pvp. They are just bad in solo queueing, and they are even worse now thanks to the ds nerf. The necro should never be stomping anyways. Leave it to your team and rely on positioning and use the downed body as your epidemic train.

If i make a montage of the last 30 games ranks 55+ i’ve played in TPvP, everyone will call me a noob for not killing people.

I can hear them now…
“omfg you so noob… you got stunned 6 times in a row hahaha noob l2p”
“omfg you so noob… it took you 30 seconds to kill that enginner who is COMPLETELY IMMUNE to conditions for a while, and then you couldn’t even stomp since he got stealth revived”
“omfg you so noob… those 2 warriors 1 thief killed you from stealth in 1 shot ahahaha… got you suck”
“omfg you so noob… moa + ranger roots and you just die ?… man you should quit GW2”

and…

“look at you noob… you can’t even kill that warrior that ran away from you so fast he’s outside of LOS in under 2 seconds”
“look at you noob… you can’t even kill that thief who stealth runs every time he feels like it and there’s literally nothing you can do about it”
“look at you noob… you keep applying 7 stacks of conditions every 2 seconds, only to have them removed… why do you suck so badly”
“look at you noob… that elementalist is gone… now he’s back… he’s gone again… he’s back again, he’s just toying with you, he just full HP healed right in front of you and he is gone again… man you are a joke…”

No offence Bas, but i’ve been hitting TPvP lately and i’ve seen some stuff.

Casual PvP is ok since it lasts 20-40 seconds on average, but when you go high end and every fight ends in about 10 seconds, out of which 5 the target is invulnerable to damage… pfff… let’s get real.

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brienson.7319

Brienson.7319

I think I better just lay off necro for a little while until the mania wears down. My old old build prior to last month got ruined by those changes, and the new one I settled into just got kicked in the nuts by these new changes. I don’t want to be forced into a dhuumfire build, but that’s what it’s looking like right now. A lot of these changes seem extremely unnecessary. The playstyle I use in wvw is now considerably worse than it was two months ago, when necromancers were apparently underpowered. This is a huge bummer.

dragonbrand—

in Necromancer

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

I don’t see why any of these nerfs are such a big deal as people are making them out to be

They put a gateway on the EHP that we have to generate on two “survivability” cooldowns

It’s ironic that the spec hurt probably least by these changes is the 1v1 troll that people have been crying about 30/30/x. Power builds; big hit, non-dumbfire condition builds; big hit

Signet of undeath [aka signet of dead-since-patch] has overtaken spectral walk at providing EHP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Wut is this sPvE?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

And to illustrate my point.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Block

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vigor

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Evade

Note that every other class in the game is represented while one is conspicuously absent. And now our one way of meaningfully preventing damage is GONE.

Maybe because it’s an unreliable and unintended means for preventing damage.

Maybe you’re going to receive another means of preventing damage to compensate.

Then perhaps they could hold off on removing the reliable (there was no question as to if it would work or not, so was definitely not unreliable) damage mitigation method until their method of compensation is ready to go live?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Well it is nice to know that my lvl 80 full ascended/t3 tanky necro will survive 2 hits from a 2nd level up-level thief in WvW. And now the rangers get stealth too, may as well give every profession a new utility skill called “kack the necro” with a 1/2 casting time.

You know that word attrition? I don’t think it means what you think it means ANet…

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

I for one don’t understand how death shroud was nerfed. At most, the change means that you will take full damage from one attack if that attack puts your DS over the edge. The way Nemesis and others are talking – getting beat on by multiple players at once – it really won’t matter that much due to the large number of attacks. Being able to “block” a single thief backstab when you’re out of dodges and low on LF and DS is off cooldown is an incredibly specific situation anyway.

Not to mention that a good number of our life force generating abilities were buffed, especially Spectral Armor. Has anyone else played around with a DS-bunker build since the last patch? It’s hilarious, you can stay in DS for a full 30 seconds now, while people are attacking you…

If your argument is that necros can’t escape like other classes, then yes, you’re right. But if you’re saying that DS will be worse off after this patch I really don’t see it.

EDIT: there’s also the bug fix where we were/are taking more direct damage than we should while in DS, that could be significant.

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

(edited by lettucemode.3789)

in Necromancer

Posted by: StugLyfe.2134

StugLyfe.2134

Why does every profession i play get nerfed… -_- i’m sick of this Anet.
DS nerf was unnecessary. I hope you are happy… -_-

LOL stop rolling FoTM builds? L2P a class/spec u like and get good at it?

in Necromancer

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Maybe you did not notice yet that there are other game modes than TPvP

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

I think what I am reacting to, is the our sole way to take a big hit has been written off, and our face tanking ability is gone. I really hope the damage we sustain in DS has improved. Because now we are going to be taking more hits from stealth, etc, and we still have no way to evade, block, escape.

I was really hoping they would tone down our damage slightly, while giving us something like an evade. even a utility skill that allows us blaz out of there fast when yyou get zerged etc. I mean, I am lucky enough to have rolled a norn necro, and to be honest, when I am roaming, I roam with snow leopard form, because I can get out. hahaha

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I am absolutely sure that 95% of the people that dare claim necromancers deserved these nerfs have never been in a tournament game vs ranks 55+, not once.

The combat is a lot different… basically it’s a few moves all rounded in 5-6 seconds. They dodge block evade immune invulnerable block stealth then… stun daze moa ranger root stun stun knockdown daze KILL YOU then… they stealth charge / leap / teleport / blabla… then they run away.

Necromancer can’t run away, can’t escape… can’t chase… can’t survive guaranteed for the next 10 seconds until someone else shows up, unlike any other class in the game.

Basically it’s like this… you fight someone for about 20 seconds and using superior skill you go through 2 full on cleanses 2 evades 2 stealths / 2 blocks / 2 dodges / a few CCs and or some invulnerable / immune effects… THEN and ONLY THEN do you have a chance to actually start making progress. If your skill is high enough you can THEN proceed to kill your target, if you are still alive then…

You finally get him down… you are about to stomp, he teleports stealths knockdowns a few times and a few more fun stuff… which puts you at ~ 25/30 seconds about now.
Just as you are about to finally win because you deserve it… 2 players show up, knockdown you a few times if need be… you watch helplessly as they stealth/mist form + stability revive the person you just killed…

You proceed to run away only to have them on you in half a second… stun daze stun stun dead… by the time you can press FEAR you are already quickness stomped, or… and this is more likely, they will have stability…

Not only do we not have stability stomp, we also can’t delay stomps to prolong combat so that someone else shows up.

If you focus any class in this game, if they are smart they can escape, focus the necromancer it’s a free kill…
Now… it’s even worse…

This post really needs to be quoted more on here because it perfectly mirrors the frustrations of playing a necromancer against opponents who actually know what they are doing. While I haven’t done much in the way of TPvP myself due to being more of a WvWvW player I have thoroughly explored just about every build available to us since launch in PvP and PvE and it’s staggering just how many essential tools we lack when compared to the other classes. There are some hurdles we simply cannot overcome as a class until those tools are implemented.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

I don’t understand why you guys hate Anet for making you play the game by the rules. Yes, falling damage will kill you now.

Its not for the falling damage, the problem is that DS is out only survivor mechanic, read the thread.

DS was being exploited to block more damage than it should.

Its called balance. Balance happens. It should be a bumper sticker by now.

Hahaha exploited. Well exploits are against the terms of service and I did not want to get banned so every time my ds was about to go empty, I popped out. Just to make sure I wasnt exploiting.

“An Exploit” as defined by the ToS and the literal meaning of the word “exploit” are two different things. Go ahead and google the definition of exploit. I promise you it’s not a gaming term, it’s a real word.

Haha I did not think that it was a gaming term and am perfectly aware that the word “exploit” exists outside of the realm of Guild Wars 2 but in this case, with the context of your statement, you were using the word according to the definition:

An exploit is the misuse of a software feature or bug in a way that allows a player to generate in-game benefits without the risk or time expected by the game’s designers

(I will admit that this definition was taken from the GW2 wiki which is mostly user generated, so take it with a grain of salt)

The statement that you made uses this definition:
“DS was being ‘misued in a way that allows a player to’ to block more damage than it should ‘without the risk expected by the game’s designers’”

So, what we have to do is see if this use was expected by the games designers. The only evidence we have either way right now is the wording of the patch notes:

1. Damage taken while in death shroud will now overflow to the necromancer’s health pool if the damage taken is greater than the remaining life force.

2. Fixed a bug that caused the necromancer to take increased damage from direct attacks while in death shroud

So, it is ambiguous whether (1) was intended or not intended but the use of the term “fixed a bug” indicates that (2) was not intended. So, it is starting to look like those who damaged necromancers while the necromancer was in DS actually were closer to exploiting than the necros who took damage while in death shroud that did not overflow to the health pool were.

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fifthnight.9658

Fifthnight.9658

Oh no I can’t use Deathshroud as an invincible shield anymore? I have to use the Skill as intended and can’t abuse it? Ooh Nooo!

You should roll a character because it’s mechanic fits your play style not because it is the broken prof of the week.

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

I for one don’t understand how death shroud was nerfed. At most, the change means that you will take full damage from one attack if that attack puts your DS over the edge. The way Nemesis and others are talking – getting beat on by multiple players at once – it really won’t matter that much due to the large number of attacks. Being able to “block” a single thief backstab when you’re out of dodges and low on LF and DS is off cooldown is an incredibly specific situation anyway.

Not to mention that a good number of our life force generating abilities were buffed, especially Spectral Armor. Has anyone else played around with a DS-bunker build since the last patch? It’s hilarious, you can stay in DS for a full 30 seconds now, while people are attacking you…

If your argument is that necros can’t escape like other classes, then yes, you’re right. But if you’re saying that DS will be worse off after this patch I really don’t see it.

But in the majority of situations it’s a nerf to spectral skills. Spectral walk is nerfed in every situation, so won’t even bother there, but even with spectral armor going up to 8% lf per hit, because of the ICD, it’s only more effective if you’re getting hit less then 2.6 times per second. Now i don’t know about you, but I see an awful lot of fights were I’m getting hit more often then that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

Oh no I can’t use Deathshroud as an invincible shield anymore? I have to use the Skill as intended and can’t abuse it? Ooh Nooo!

You should roll a character because it’s mechanic fits your play style not because it is the broken prof of the week.

I have 1,900 hours logged on my necromancer. Come back when you have something worthwhile to contribute.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

You should post in a necromancer thread when you understand how people actually use the class mechanic or post in a thread where people will be entertained by your trolling

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

The patch was not released yet and we already have 200 post em 3k+ views, do we deserve a Dev Post?

Rangers and Guards got one ;-)

it was written…

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

But in the majority of situations it’s a nerf to spectral skills. Spectral walk is nerfed in every situation, so won’t even bother there, but even with spectral armor going up to 8% lf per hit, because of the ICD, it’s only more effective if you’re getting hit less then 2.6 times per second. Now i don’t know about you, but I see an awful lot of fights were I’m getting hit more often then that.

That makes sense, but it also depends on how much damage those hits are doing. If you’re running Rabid or Soldier amulet, it’s likely that even 3 or 4 hits in a second won’t deplete all that life force before you get it back. Most of the direct damage sources in the game are less than 1k damage per hit (think mesmer clones, thief dagger autos, flamethrower, guardian hammer hits).

Unless your opponent chooses to use their 2-3 attack burst combo on your death shroud bar, which is silly, I think it will be comparable if not better. We’ll have to see it in practice though, I concede that it could go either way.

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

(edited by lettucemode.3789)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

And to illustrate my point.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Block

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vigor

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Evade

Note that every other class in the game is represented while one is conspicuously absent. And now our one way of meaningfully preventing damage is GONE.

Maybe because it’s an unreliable and unintended means for preventing damage.

Maybe you’re going to receive another means of preventing damage to compensate.

Then perhaps they could hold off on removing the reliable (there was no question as to if it would work or not, so was definitely not unreliable) damage mitigation method until their method of compensation is ready to go live?

The question on its reliability was in its efficiency. If you aren’t in a sweet spot of LF, you either lose all of your LF in the burst attack anyway, so the burst still takes max from your total Health+LF pool, or you can’t use DS to absorb because you don’t have enough LF. The Sweet spot is where you have just enough LF to use DS, but less than the amount that would be used to absorb the full brunt of the attack.

So if block damage via DSing at an opportune time is deemed a good and interesting Necro mechanic, why not just give Necros a short-lived Aegis on using DS?

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Exiled.6901

Exiled.6901

Totally happy with new patch,not sure why some people are raging hard.

DS damage reduce – finally.
DS damage into health – finally (and yes, I play necro and he is my main, but it was just stupid and I feel it is completely fair)

Mark radius buff = awesome

GM = never really played it, thought its just for blind people that cannot aim their marks well. (except wvw where aoe aegis bothered some)

spectral armor = omg! no insta DS fill! quit necro! (srsly? still recharges 50% = more than fair)

Terror – humm w/e, condimancer with fearlock was stuff in pvp, probably deserved nerf.

Ghastly Claws buff – I can live with that

in Necromancer

War Mourner.5168

That makes sense, but it also depends on how much damage those hits are doing. If you’re running Rabid or Soldier amulet, it’s likely that even 3 or 4 hits in a second won’t deplete all that life force before you get it back. Most of the direct damage sources in the game are less than 1k damage per hit (think mesmer clones, thief dagger autos, flamethrower, guardian hammer hits).

Unless your opponent chooses to use their 2-3 attack burst combo on your death shroud bar, which is silly, I think it will be comparable if not better. We’ll have to see it in practice though, I concede that it could go either way.

How much damage they’re doing per hit isn’t directly relevent, the fact is, the old system is much more effective against multiple hits, which is very common, whereas the new system is only more effective in situation where you’re getting hit rather slowly. The most obvious case in point s a 1vX situation compared to a 1v1 situation: the 1v1 might give comparable or even favorable results for the new system, but in 1vX, the old system wins hands down every time.

Also why did they reduce the amount given by spectral walk on top of the ICD…

So if block damage via DSing at an opportune time is deemed a good and interesting Necro mechanic, why not just give Necros a short-lived Aegis on using DS?

Well we have stabily fury and retal on DS… so aegis on DS (say… instead of the jagged horror) would be pretty neat.

(edited by War Mourner.5168)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dark.6514

Dark.6514

Rangers and Guards got one ;-)

Do you realize that, if a dev/moderator post here he/she will be eaten alive before saying “hi fellow necros”? XD

@Imba TPVP Players… this is not gw1, in which (at least untill ritualist lol-comps) skill meant something. This is a game in which PvE, WWW and s/t PvP cohesists… so unless they split the skills (like they did in gw1) between PvP/PvE/WvWvW you can say that something is broken or working just because a part of the game hasn’t been “modified” that much.

BTW thanks to Bwab, Bas, Nemesis for their inputs, different viewpoints and usefull as usual. /love

Ayleen Blackhand – Necromancer – Desolation [EU]
~ Lemures Tenebrarum [LeT] ~ Italian Guild ~

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

Totally happy with new patch,not sure why some people are raging hard.

DS damage reduce – finally.
DS damage into health – finally (and yes, I play necro and he is my main, but it was just stupid and I feel it is completely fair)

Mark radius buff = awesome

GM = never really played it, thought its just for blind people that cannot aim their marks well. (except wvw where aoe aegis bothered some)

spectral armor = omg! no insta DS fill! quit necro! (srsly? still recharges 50% = more than fair)

Terror – humm w/e, condimancer with fearlock was stuff in pvp, probably deserved nerf.

Ghastly Claws buff – I can live with that

Where is our defense now though with the nerf on Death Shroud?,

in Necromancer

Posted by: krippler.9826

krippler.9826

Wow 0/30/10/0/30 builds are so f——- now with the greater marks and terror changes. They made one OP build so they nerf across the board. ANet balance team is garbage.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

EDIT: there’s also the bug fix where we were/are taking more direct damage than we should while in DS, that could be significant.

When the smoke clears, I think it is all going to depend on how much DS we actually get now, with the “bug” fixed around DS and damage taken while in DS from direct attacks.

On the one hand I agree that people are blowing this out of proportion without actually seeing how it works, but on the other, much more likely hand, I see myself getting backstabed for 7.5k, and then heartseeker’ed for 4.5k.

While I will agree in T and SPVP, the situation you describe is less likely to be a problem, but in WvW, where people do stupid things like complete and total glass thief, with no escapes and 3 signets, and like to sneak up on you and 3 shot you in a group fight, this is an ugly change.

Before I could survive that combo, because any one of those skills would knock my DS bar from 1/3 to gone. It might, if I am lucky, absorb two burst hits. Now…. it will absorb exactly what it can, and nothing more.

Effectively being in DS with low life, is no longer protection against death, as a strong burst can insta-down you. Since DS is hailed as our defensive mechanism to prevent insta-down, it seems out of line to remove that protection, however infrequent it may seem.

I would like to believe the extra EHP in DS now should help this, but who knows just yet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vex.7486

Vex.7486

Well, after that death shroud change i’m playing my warrior. Thanks again for nerfing the kitten out something that didn’t need nerfing.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Well, after that death shroud change i’m playing my warrior. Thanks again for nerfing the kitten out something that didn’t need nerfing.

I am going to finish leveling my ranger…. nothing is more troll that the uptime time they are going to have on stealth.

in Necromancer

War Mourner.5168

The patch has come… it’s time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: boneduste.4023

boneduste.4023

Atleast we get360 radius marks if traited……

Are you sure? It simply said it increased the standard mark by 50%, to 180. The greater marks specifically states “increases radius from 120 to 240”. Then can easily keep that at 240 and only provide unblockable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Somniac.1743

Somniac.1743

I feel the real problem here is dhuumfire and not terror. Besides, before dhuumfire existence, i havent seen many necros asking for burning. What we really wanted from the start was a way to be more mobile rather than simply dying when faced with a 1vX situation.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

/target Necro
/assist

win

That’s basically the strat now, as I understand it. It’s season 3/4 of WoW all over again, just change the name from Warlock to Necromancer.

This is the exact same problem Warlocks had in WoW. The exact same problem. They had no viable escapes and could put down strong DoT pressure. So opposing teams would create assist trains and burn down the warlock first.

WoW finally realized they had to give warlocks a means of breaking the /assist train, so they gave them “http://www.wowwiki.com/Demonic_Circle:_Summon” a teleport.

This fix just relegates necromancers back down to the bottom of the barrel.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

It’s quite hilarious how many people think what necro having a single block ability is OP/bug/exploit. 10 kittening months it was ok and suddenly – “a bug”. Riiiight http://youtu.be/HQfzwFloVqA

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Brace yourselves :P

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Pretty sure we did this like 10 times already, a full soldier/secondary toughness character/if you double your armor from base/naked with just armor from items, you start taking more damage in DS than out of it, what the patch might or might not fix (4~8% on downleveled in difference, 11~13% in orr).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

War Mourner.5168

greater marks are still 240. Heuh.

in Necromancer

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

They put a gateway on the EHP that we have to generate on two “survivability” cooldowns

It’s ironic that the spec hurt probably least by these changes is the 1v1 troll that people have been crying about 30/30/x. Power builds; big hit, non-dumbfire condition builds; big hit

Signet of undeath [aka signet of dead-since-patch] has overtaken spectral walk at providing EHP

I have to agree with you on this.

The latest and greatest Necro Troll build still came out of the heap as number #1.

The Necro population might be reduced but this build is not going away. I am already thinking I might have to give up my 30, x, x, x, 30 build if DS is going to be a liability for me. That build will not work so well if I have to use spectral armor, walk, and wall as utilities for the only means of survival.