Let Us Swap Between Deathshrouds (UW vs Land)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Now that plague blast (now just called Life Blast) has been fixed, the underwater death shroud is actually pretty awesome and I really wish I could use it on land.

I think it would be amazing if we could choose between either Death Shroud skill set to use underwater or on land. Our normal Death Shroud would lend itself to be better overall for 1v1/dueling and power builds, while our underwater Death Shroud set would be better for condition builds and utility/crowd control.

I would be just insanely happy if I could have the Underwater DS available for land use. I would even be willing to accept a few minor nerfs to the blind field/aoe fear if it’s too good, maybe lowering their direct dmg a bit, and adding an aoe bleed to the #4 skill to solidify it as the condition DS set.

Nothing would make me happier to blind/poison a group of mobs while I stack conditions then just cone fear everything away from me and watch them die, that’s what the (Condition) Necro should be.

Also AFAIK you can’t use either the fear or blind field while CC’d so it wouldn’t be the ultimate defense.

If a dev reads this, please for the love of Grenth consider it.

(edited by Knote.2904)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mackster.9726

Mackster.9726

The underwater life blast still transfers conditions right? That right there is what I think might make it too powerful on land. I always carry two condition cleansers on my weapons (staff and dagger 4) as well as Consume Conditions and occasionally Plague Signet. Adding a condition transfer in Death Shroud, I think that the necro would simply have too much condition control. It’s more balanced underwater because you don’t have cleanses on the weapons.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Yeah I thought about that. I figured by cementing the UW DS as the “condition” death shroud it would be fine. TBH I think condition builds should have the leg up on condition manipulation/transfering where as power builds get the full benefit of them since EVERY build takes Staff/Condition Heal, and some even use dagger offhand plenty as well.

Otherwise I wouldn’t mind them changing plague blast into just stacking bleeds instead (maybe 1 second x8 bleed for flavor), and giving our underwater weapons a couple condition options, those weapon skills could use some help anyway.

Spear #5 could be turned into a condition transfer to replace the bleeds and given more direct dmg (single target putrid mark essentially), or keep the bleeds and have it turn conditions into boons on us.

Then Trident #2 could transfer a single condition on us to each enemy hit instead of the weakness.

I still think the effort would be worth it so we could have more Death Shroud options/customization.

Our land DS would work great underwater.

(edited by Knote.2904)