MM necromancers are too passive.

in Necromancer

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

Currently, MM necros can require a lot of skill to play at a high level, and can deal some huge burst damage, but they can also require no skill to play to medium effectiveness.
I really love the two bombers whose sole purpose is the active skill, the shade that can do a well timed blind during a stomp, and so on.

However, once my MM has used all his minion’s active skills, what does he have left? long cooldowns, but still almost as powerful as before. The minions still deal massive damage without the active skills. I’ve autoattacked people to death faster than I could stomp them from time to time. This is with pvt gear.

I really think that, before mm necro replaces spirit ranger as the low skill, high reward build, the normal attacks on the minions needs to be lowered by a ton, and the active skills need to have their usefulness or damage increased by a lot or their cooldowns lowered drastically.
The more active it is, the more skilled play is rewarded for managing the minions well.

One other thing, the shade’s blind attack, for example, is near impossible to see during combat. Some sort of brighter effect during the wind up to make it easier to notice amidst the noise would be a great addition. If active skills do become more useful, it absolutely needs to be easier to notice considering all the targets a player has to keep track of, not specifically just the shade’s special attack.

This is just what I think the direction of the mm necro would be best off moving towards. I honestly think it is in danger of getting a buff, becoming the next fotm, and then getting nerfed into the hard, cold, ground.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

They need bigger tells to Flesh Golem, but that is it. A small windup before he flies off.

However, Shadow Fiend has a ridiculously long windup. Bone minions are not easy to land, in fact only very good MMs land them consistently, and it requires a lot of micro attention. Bone Fiend is strong, but his active is at best a Dark Pact, but on a 50s cooldown. Those are all either balanced (guaranteed stuff like Bone Fiend has super high CD, harder stuff to land has lower).

And the idea that minions work with low skill is false. Low skill MMs work against other low skill players. Low skill MMs are more useless than any comparable build (gear/weapon wise), because they will not only get little to no effect from minions, but they will have lost vital traiting to otherwise useless utilities.

The reality is that any decent player knows how to kite the minions, and low skill MMs have no idea how to deal with that. Minions only have high DPS if you can keep them on their targets; aka microing them. And bad MMs aren’t good at that.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

However, Shadow Fiend has a ridiculously long windup.

Always wondered what’s up with that. Feels like 3 seconds for it to activate. I tend to spam it on CD as long as there’s no blind up atm, if I even bother at all.

Ele / Guardian

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ledddawe.8964

Ledddawe.8964

lol its fun how ppl say its easy to play mm lol try to use shadow skill to stomp ppl hehe its fun and i can say its works pretty well

in Necromancer

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

They need bigger tells to Flesh Golem, but that is it. A small windup before he flies off.

However, Shadow Fiend has a ridiculously long windup. Bone minions are not easy to land, in fact only very good MMs land them consistently, and it requires a lot of micro attention. Bone Fiend is strong, but his active is at best a Dark Pact, but on a 50s cooldown. Those are all either balanced (guaranteed stuff like Bone Fiend has super high CD, harder stuff to land has lower).

And the idea that minions work with low skill is false. Low skill MMs work against other low skill players. Low skill MMs are more useless than any comparable build (gear/weapon wise), because they will not only get little to no effect from minions, but they will have lost vital traiting to otherwise useless utilities.

The reality is that any decent player knows how to kite the minions, and low skill MMs have no idea how to deal with that. Minions only have high DPS if you can keep them on their targets; aka microing them. And bad MMs aren’t good at that.

Oh oh oh, I have a way to deal with that.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dark_Pact

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Deal with what? You quoted a pretty big section :P

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: JohnCrow.7482

JohnCrow.7482

Deal with what? You quoted a pretty big section :P

I imagine he meant the last paragraph. (Deal with micromanagement with the minions/Kited minions=Dark pact).

Frequent devil’s advocate.

(edited by JohnCrow.7482)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Yeah, thats an option for dealing with the kiting. But minions need consistent uptime on your target, as even their “maxed” DPS is about the same as one AA from a berzerker warrior.

My PvP Minion Build