Make Life Blast pierce baseline (3).

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Hey all, I just wanted to throw this out again, because it’s frustrating to me. Basically to be a power Necromancer and it actually be worth a kitten , Unyielding Blast is essentially mandatory, and it bothers me a lot.

Anyways, quick suggestion, which could be applied even to Reaper:
Make Life Blast Pierce 3 targets. (Hit 3 max)

Make Unyielding Blast: Shroud skill 1 causes 2 vulnerability for 10 seconds, and increases the number of targets that can be hit by 2, to 5.

This could work with the cleave, and piercing, but allow some actual decision here if the vulnerability and extra targets is meaningful to you versus other traits. Currently, there’s almost no wiggle room, which is such an easy issue to solve.

Hopefully I can get some backing on this, because it’s been a huge frustration of mine with any power build on Necromancer, and base Lifeblast since I’ve started this game, practically.

Thanks for listening,
High Warlord Sikari

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: NecroSummonsMors.7816

NecroSummonsMors.7816

I agree it’s so frustrating have to sacrifice a trait for unyielding blast.
Nice suggestion

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

+1

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

As always, agree with suggestion.

Also, gib me Plague Blast on land, pretty pleaseee!

Attachments:

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: evnw.9324

evnw.9324

make unyielding blast baseline and put spectral mastery in it’s place

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Makes perfect sense.

in Necromancer

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Would be a nice, non gamebreaking baseline for us.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arche.7326

Arche.7326

Very good idea. +1

Gee, thanks, you let the reaper out of the basement.

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I think it should pierce too, but if it’s going to get baseline buffs I would rather its casting time was reduced. Currently it’s 1" to cast and 0.4" aftercast, meaning people can step around obstacles/other players/YOU and force it to miss during its cast time. If you try to use it against a thief you basically can’t hit them, all they need to do is walk through you for it to miss.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I would prefer vulnerability + projectile finisher on the trait., with piercing baseline.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

I think it should pierce too, but if it’s going to get baseline buffs I would rather its casting time was reduced. Currently it’s 1" to cast and 0.4" aftercast, meaning people can step around obstacles/other players/YOU and force it to miss during its cast time. If you try to use it against a thief you basically can’t hit them, all they need to do is walk through you for it to miss.

That is a separate issue to me, worthy of its own topic, honestly. To keep traits in line (ie Dhuumfire), definitely, life blast should be reduced in cast time and slightly reduced in damage to compensate. I beyond hate the 1.4 second cast LB, but I didn’t feel like it was appropriate here, because I had a very specific point to get across here, because it bothers me how mandatory Unyielding Blast is for Power Necros, and that it holds the functionality, that honestly should be baseline for the sake of the class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

It’s basically a trait tax on power necromancers.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

It’s basically a trait tax on power necromancers.

It’s exactly that, a trait tax, with no (realistic) wiggle room. Not only that, but much like Flesh of the Master for MM(again, separate issue), it makes Soul Reaping unavoidable entirely for power, where even Spite is slightly less mandatory even, for a power build.

Of course, not that I mind entirely, the line, because Vital Presence and Desth Perception are amazing traits which are nice to take, but can still be worked around and not mandatory depending on your build’s goal, where Unyielding Blast is pretty much needed for Power.

If I had to compare it, it’s like How IP went baseline for Mesmers, it just feels like how the ability should work already.

This seems to have gotten a lot of positive feedback though, so maybe finally we can get this looked at, if we keep up on it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It’s a very good idea. I just have to question what it does for the third hit in RS auto, which already hits 5 targets.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

It’s a very good idea. I just have to question what it does for the third hit in RS auto, which already hits 5 targets.

I would say nothing or (dare I say it, gulp) base 3 on it as well. Either could work, I’d say, so long as they specify the ending number is 5 targets max. Valid concern, I’m not sure how they’d handle it, but I feel like it could still be fair as RS1 would still hit 3 targets, and I think it’s safe to assume if you’re going max dps with Reaper, you’d just go ahead and run UB anyways. So, not sure. It’s the weak spot in my plan.

in Necromancer

Posted by: strakul.1826

strakul.1826

I would prefer vulnerability + projectile finisher on the trait., with piercing baseline.

This would be an excellent rework for Life Blast and the trait.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

This would be an excellent rework for Life Blast and the trait.

I’d also be in support of this; But we’re necros. Think small.

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Yeah you’re right, sorry for derailing. I agree, it’s pretty much mandatory for power necros. Currently all an enemy needs to do is hide behind their pet/clone/minion/turret/parrot and the life blast will miss.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Yeah you’re right, sorry for derailing. I agree, it’s pretty much mandatory for power necros. Currently all an enemy needs to do is hide behind their pet/clone/minion/turret/parrot and the life blast will miss.

That’s pretty much why I hate it. It’s so kitten slow, by time you get it off a mesmer definitely has some clones in your face. Which isn’t always an issue, obviously, if you just buck up and take Unyielding Blast, but that’s the entire issue. You pretty much have to have it if you plan on getting anywhere with Life Blast.

Wouldn’t mind a slightly reduced damage but faster Life blast, too so they could balance base Necro and Reaper better, but baby steps.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Klaeljanus.7695

Klaeljanus.7695

Funny thing about this is that the trait Unyielding blast suggests that LB SHOULD be piercing 4 targets in stock, and that the trait boosts it to five and gives a pair of vuln.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

make life blast pierce base line and make unyielding blast cause life blast to explode on a aoe (range 90-120 raidius) upon reaching intended target
edit(and the vuln)

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akrasia.5469

Akrasia.5469

+1
Make piercing baseline for LB and make Unyielding Blast apply Vun & ignore all obstacles blocks, shields & reflects. No more hiding behind rocks trees etc. I mean what is Unyielding about something that can be blocked. Slow but relentless is our theme..

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

There’s no reason why Life Blast doesn’t pierce baseline, just as no reason why Axe 1 doesn’t cleave. Some of the things they do to necros are just mind boggling.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I disagree with that.
Ranger’s LB does not has piercing baseline, so why should life-blast has it baseline?
Or maybe Anet should just make LB pierce baseline too lol…
Win win situation XD.

in Necromancer

Akrasia.5469

I disagree with that.
Ranger’s LB does not has piercing baseline, so why should life-blast has it baseline?
Win win situation XD.

Ranger LB isn’t slow as kitten. Necro LB is. OK instead of piercing baseline how would you like DS LB to be 1500 range and 2x as fast. I’d take that

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I disagree with that.
Win win situation XD.

Ranger LB isn’t slow as kitten. Necro LB is. OK instead of piercing baseline how would you like DS LB to be 1500 range and 2x as fast. I’d take that

Or add a resource bar that rangers have to fill first before they can use their longbow at all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mangelware.5193

Mangelware.5193

Looking at stuff like illusionary persona baseline (build defining grandmaster!)…
+1

[Re] Rerolled
Lil Trouble Corro
Asura Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’d rather have the ability to turn off piercing though. Thinking about the Dev’s and some of their quirky Boss mechanics in PvE. What would be great to add baseline is a velocity buff. I’d even take a projectile velocity buff rolled into the “Unyielding Blast” trait. Now, as mentioned before, to have it transfer a condition on hit like Plague Blast too would be awesome. I love water combat on my Necro in WvW

editing to add, I wish Life Blast didn’t have the damage limitation at max range. We’re Necro’s, chasing people and keeping up with them as they run away isn’t easy

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

+1 to OP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

+1

Message Body length must at least be 15.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

yes life blast need to pierce base and they should add a speed buff on the trait

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

I disagree with that.
Win win situation XD.

Cause ranger use arrows and necros use big energy ball of life force.THAT IS WHY

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Personally, I feel like a generalized problem with Life Blast is that I feel it should be a bit more useful baseline, even beyond this point. Honestly for a class specialty, it’s not very good unless you sink a lot of traits into it, and even then, if I’m not mistaken, due to its terrible cast time, it’s not even our highest DPS route.

I hope they take a look at base Necro at some point rather than putting all their attentions and “fixes” into traits, unless it involves base lining a few things. Not too much, though. I don’t want to be fixed and hot-nerfed.

in Necromancer

Akrasia.5469

Goes to the same problem. Necro weapon skills are the problem and in DS LB is our #1 weapon skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crion.8465

Crion.8465

+1

Making it pierce baseline would be great.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Corana.9837

Corana.9837

Most of the traits that affect “Life Blast” specifically are already in the Soul Reaping trait line, two out of three traits, so why not make a few alterations instead of making the pierce baseline. Such as move “Last Gasp” from the minor Master trait slot to the major Adept trait slot. Then change “Unyielding Blast” to Shroud skill 1 has a radius of 240 centered around your target and apply 1 stack of Vulnerability for 10 seconds, maximum of 5 targets, before placing it into the minor Master trait slot.

Then possibly allow Dhuumfire to proc on all enemies that are hit with Life Blast, maybe reduce burning duration to 2 seconds if it is far too strong, and place a light ICD, 1/2 to 1 second, on Reaper’s Might to prevent multiple stacks of might being generated instead of 1 stack,.

Roughly, I believe that it would allow 3 Life Blasts to hit almost as hard as a 4 second Lava Font in the same amount of time. Of course, that is assuming you are within 600 range or less of the enemy and not counting the travel time of the projectile.

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

Then possibly allow Dhuumfire to proc on all enemies that are hit with Life Blast, maybe reduce burning duration to 2 seconds if it is far too strong, and place a light ICD, 1/2 to 1 second, on Reaper’s Might to prevent multiple stacks of might being generated instead of 1 stack,.

Pardon my language but FOH it’s weak enough !!! The Dhuumfire thread

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I agree however.. You gotta remember how brutally hard Life Blast can hit. Making it pierce as baseline would be a pretty significant buff and we all know how ANet buffs a Necromancer. Change something then nerf it in to oblivion two days later.

Patch notes: Life Blast piercing is now baseline.

Patch notes: Life Blast no longer pierces, range decreased to 300, damage reduced 25%

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

I agree however.. You gotta remember how brutally hard Life Blast can hit. Making it pierce as baseline would be a pretty significant buff and we all know how ANet buffs a Necromancer. Change something then nerf it in to oblivion two days later.

Patch notes: Life Blast piercing is now baseline.

Patch notes: Life Blast no longer pierces, range decreased to 300, damage reduced 25%

That’s the power damage the condition damage is sucking right now.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gmbcrew.6209

Gmbcrew.6209

+1, no matter how good the other options are, Life Blast pierce is always necessary.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

It should pierce baseline. The trait could add splash AoE to the target when hit.

in Necromancer

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Yes, please! Especially since I love the unblockable/lf on marks so much. This is the one I’m constantly switching back and fourth with in WvW (depending on what I’m facing of course). But for the most part I’m running with UB. Gotta have something to make up for screwing with our beloved Spectral Walk and CoCo!!

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in Necromancer

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

+1, Must have trait. Wouldn’t be op baseline.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

They could at least add the piercing ability to Reaper’s Might. But yes, there’s no reason it shouldn’t be baseline seeing how much other classes received as baseline.

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

in Necromancer

Akrasia.5469

So piercing baseline or double the projectile speed of LB and Dpath? Which would you take

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

+1

hitting clones and pets etc with LB instead of the intended target is a major annoyance

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

So piercing baseline or double the projectile speed of LB and Dpath? Which would you take

Tough call. Life Blast may be a slow projectile, but it homes better than a laser-guided missile. Velocity boost on the projectile really isn’t needed. Dark Path, on the other hand, is a chasing tool that can easily be outrun.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver