Meet the Reaper!

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Flashy presentation, good name – Anet sold it well… on superficial levels

Well nothing that struck me as “oh neat”… I already had no hopes because I figured if they would “fix” the issues of the core profession with the specialization, then no one would play the core anymore… So while this looks cool at the moment, it does not seem to solve several issues… Also, a shout that summons Jagged Horrors… … ..

I will see tomorrow, wait out the Warrior presentation, but there are chances that I will go and concentrate on other meaningless stuff

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Issues with current Necros:

5. low DPS

lol yeah sure, like spamming 6.5k deathly claws all over the place and your wells aren’t the best source of dps in the game.

Lava font? Ice Storm? Meteor Shower? Glyph of Storms?

These are aoe skills that do about 33%-50% less damage per target than the necro counterpart. They also do not apply condis.

They really dont do less damage lol. Glyph of Storms and Ice storm both apply conditions and do more damage. Do you even play your own class?

Lava font does slightly less damage but can be maintained permanently and provides a fire field. Therefore more damage over time. The others all do superior damage simply because they hit like trucks per impact and multiple impacts can hit the same target. Whereas Wells only pulse so they can only hit 6 times on one target maximum. If wells did more damage you would see necros in the PvE meta and not 2-3 eles. But they dont and ele AOEs are seriously strong which is why we have a staff ele + icebow meta.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Finally,solo roaming will be better.
Hate that the skills have long cast time,while we dont have relliable stability source.

Does those long cast time skills they mentioned are the reapers shroud ones only? or the core skills of the gs too?

(edited by Sandrox.9524)

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

The GS attacks may be slow, but a full set of shouts means an instant heal and an instant elite. Instant AOE that you can just dodge roll out of. Plus old DS was super slow and easy to blind/dodge/evade/CC, so it isn’t all bad.

I just hope it is effective and not just a noob killer.

I’m reserving final judgement until tomorrow. But so far so good.

Just as a word of caution, not all shouts are instant cast. Guard has a cast time.

You might want to update the wiki then, because there are no cast times on shouts there. Maybe Ranger shouts have a cast time, but I’m sure that guard and warrior shouts do not.

Meditations are all instant except for the healing skill and the elite. Just a heads up so you are not disappointed tomorrow. There are no instant heal skills in the game with the exception of the mesmer mantra if you ignore the pre cast.

Thief heal is instant.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

From the video it looks like we got 2 DS skills and 2 GS skills.

DS 1- AoE Chill/Stun?
DS 2- Death Charge

GS 1- Pull
GS 2- Looks like a leap or something.

GS 2 is the one I’m still not 100% sure
That leap looked s_xy as f_ck lol

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Totbot.4583

Totbot.4583

Thief heal is instant.

You could argue that the roll is the cast time since you can’t do other things while its being done.

Chances are, the Shout heal will have a cast time of some sort.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Uriel.6310

Uriel.6310

I just wanted to play condi and be able to not be stun locked the whole game.. thats all I asked. Oh well.. maybe Druid will not disappoint.

GW2 was never made to be more innovative than other MMOs, it was made to be different than GW1.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

Thief heal is instant.

You could argue that the roll is the cast time since you can’t do other things while its being done.

You are not familiar with the tweak,when you switch weapons? it will cancel the roll.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I just wanted to play condi and be able to not be stun locked the whole game.. thats all I asked. Oh well.. maybe Druid will not disappoint.

You might still get that. Could be traits which give bleeds to various skills and maybe defiance bar. The spec looks like it will be an improvement for PvP.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Havent addressed any of the core issues from what we can see. Only hope is for the damage to be higher than a staff ele. Which is kind of unlikely.

While I’m also bothered by the rather slow attacks, the biggest issue I personally had with my Necro actually has been adressed. Constant cleave damage. Dagger doesn’t cut it for me personally and the video sure delivered on that one. I also love the Chill. To be honest: I’m more concerned about the rework of the existing traits rather than the new ones. But we will have to wait untill tomorrow.

Anyone else wondering if ‘Rise!’ might be another indicator for the downfall of certain Transformation elites? It’s basically Mark of Horror as a Shout.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Thief heal is instant.

You could argue that, but you’re evading while it is being done, aren’t you? That’s a pretty good consolation prize.

Also, people seem to think that all of the abilities are going to take 1.5 – 2 seconds to cast because ANet emphasizes big wind-up. However, the AoE chill/stun from Shroud looks like it maybe takes a half-second. The spin looks like it hits continuously. The pull from GS looks like it goes off in a half-second or so. The attack after the pull probably takes .75 – 1 second.

But you can set yourself up to land a .75 – 1 second attack. If you couldn’t, you already wouldn’t with the current Necro. Some might take a bit longer, but I think ANet considers 1 second to be “super slow”. Which it is. But it is quite a bit faster than 2 seconds.

And that’s what Dagger #3 is for anyway!

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Razelesh.1035

Razelesh.1035

Meditations are all instant except for the healing skill and the elite. Just a heads up so you are not disappointed tomorrow. There are no instant heal skills in the game with the exception of the mesmer mantra if you ignore the pre cast.

Withdraw is technically instant, it’s instant cast and gives you the healing instantly.

Edit: Ninja’d.

All cats are serial killers

(edited by Razelesh.1035)

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

Thief heal is instant.

You could argue that, but you’re evading while it is being done, aren’t you? That’s a pretty good consolation prize.

Also, people seem to think that all of the abilities are going to take 1.5 – 2 seconds to cast because ANet emphasizes big wind-up. However, the AoE chill/stun from Shroud looks like it maybe takes a half-second. The spin looks like it hits continuously. The pull from GS looks like it goes off in a half-second or so. The attack after the pull probably takes .75 – 1 second.

But you can set yourself up to land a .75 – 1 second attack. If you couldn’t, you already wouldn’t with the current Necro. Some might take a bit longer, but I think ANet considers 1 second to be “super slow”. Which it is. But it is quite a bit faster than 2 seconds.

And that’s what Dagger #3 is for anyway!

I think they said that the shroud skills have long cast time and not the GS ones

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

WE WANT STABILITY ANET!!!

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Issues with current Necros:

5. low DPS

lol yeah sure, like spamming 6.5k deathly claws all over the place and your wells aren’t the best source of dps in the game.

When people talk about dps, especially dungeon dps, they’re typically talking about how well a profession can sustian a level of dps over a period of time, especially past the 30sec-1m mark.

Is Lich Form stupidly powerful dps? I don’t think anyone here would argue with that, however, Lich Form only lasts 20 seconds, and has a cooldown of three minutes, which is basically an eternity. Only in the meatiest of meatshield bosses are you going to pop it more than once in a single fight, and that once does not put Necros over what every other profession can dish out over the same amount of time.

Wells have the same problem. with only 5 or 6 seconds of pulsing damage with cooldowns of 35 or 40 second, you’re talking about a 12-16% uptime. Compare that to Lava Font, which even untraited has an 67% uptime, so even though it does about 2/3s the damage as Well of Suffering per cast, over time it really does almost three times as much damage over the same amount of time.

(edited by Foefaller.1082)

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i really like the idea of chill wuth melee class and chill is so powerful
i play with it and it can be strong in the right hands and weapon.
consider chill and fear chain can broke down any ele, thief etc…

sure lockdown mesmer can control you more but we shall see as you can not be OP against evry build and class

also nice thing the lightclass can role with melee like the ele finaly

i think anet doing good job trying to find also group combintations which can work together like necro chill ele burn and aoe guard traps and mesmer alacrity etc…

i dont think stability may be the issue as you got DS hp pool and with GS which could probably refill it faster necro might handle without it

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Totbot.4583

Not saying its bad, just that its the only “instant” heal and its still not really “instant”.

My point was mostly just wanting people to not get their hopes up that the heal will be instant.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Will the damage reduction from enemies with Frost, stack with Protection as well?

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

Not saying its bad, just that its the only “instant” heal and its still not really “instant”.

My point was mostly just wanting people to not get their hopes up that the heal will be instant.

It’s a good point in general that people shouldn’t get their hopes up/make any assumptions. However, an instant heal does make sense if you’re talking about rewarding the Necro for diving into a group of enemies. Otherwise that group will interrupt your heal and you’ll be SOL.

Also, I believe the “instant” heal is more a description on when the heal happens, and if you can interrupt it. Even if the Thief doesn’t just receiving healing while doing something else, they cannot be interrupted out of that heal after it is used. It applies the heal instantly. The fact that things happen after the instant heal is irrelevant, because you don’t worry about it being chain-interrupted.

EDIT – I don’t see why the damage redux from Chill from the Elite spec wouldn’t stack with Prot. Two different things. I really wouldn’t be surprised if Bunker Necro became a thing based off of an initial look.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Uriel.6310

Uriel.6310

You might still get that. Could be traits which give bleeds to various skills and maybe defiance bar. The spec looks like it will be an improvement for PvP.

I hope your right, will keep my fingers crossed.

GW2 was never made to be more innovative than other MMOs, it was made to be different than GW1.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: FalconBeta.9185

FalconBeta.9185

Here’s hoping they don’t go too crazy with chill. Necros can already have a pretty good chill uptime and would hate to see it nerfed in the future. Would rather see the Condition slightly nerfed than have necro’s ability to apply it nerfed
crosses fingers

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Totbot.4583

It’s a good point in general that people shouldn’t get their hopes up/make any assumptions. However, an instant heal does make sense if you’re talking about rewarding the Necro for diving into a group of enemies. Otherwise that group will interrupt your heal and you’ll be SOL.

It makes sense, but instant heals just aren’t common. There is one exception and even it has a technicality on it (yeah, I’m mostly just using semantics really).

They could do something else instead of making it instant. Shelter is a “slow” heal, but its one of the best in the game for melee because of the blocks.

People just really need to not get their hopes up. Anet doesn’t have a good track record with Necro’s and their abilities making sense and working well together.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

Here’s hoping they don’t go too crazy with chill. Necros can already have a pretty good chill uptime and would hate to see it nerfed in the future. Would rather see the Condition slightly nerfed than have necro’s ability to apply it nerfed
crosses fingers

Don’t forget that the specializations don’t apply stats, so the 30% condi duration Necros would otherwise get is gone. If the new trait increases Chill duration by 30%, it would be no better than the current situation.

I doubt anything would get extra-nerfed.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

A slow melee specialization for the necro, yet still without stability?

All hail the new ping-pong-mancer!

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

We got Shouts and lets face it most of you tought so, I didnt but was wrong. However I said if we get shouts they wont buff allies and on that part I was correct. There is in true necro Forum style alot of negative comments and yea words as “slow” is not really what we want to hear, tho calm down… we still havent seen any Major Traits, basicly no Weaponskills and we read about 1 out of 6 shouts.

And on positive note: Mesmer got 2 W-skills + F5 and we get 5 w.skills +5 DS Skills so alot of new stuff

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

EDIT – I don’t see why the damage redux from Chill from the Elite spec wouldn’t stack with Prot. Two different things. I really wouldn’t be surprised if Bunker Necro became a thing based off of an initial look.

Also for consideration: Putrid Defense, Death Nova, and Rise!.

As for the specialization in general:
So they did go with reaper. A little general, but that’s fine. What are they going to call the specialization line though, I wonder? We already have “Soul Reaping”.

The change to Dark Path looks really good. Death’s Charge will definitely have less maximum range (Probably 600 at most, compared to the technical 1200 of Dark Path) but it will move you even if you miss. Considering Dark Path’s all-or-nothing nature, it’s a major improvement.

I also saw a short range, but projectile-less pull in there, which also appeals. Lots of chill everywhere, which is great. Shouts seem interesting: they’re the new PBAoE skillset since Wells went ranged by default.

Still a bit annoyed about the focus on slow, long wind-up attacks. I get that they want that to be a Necromancer characteristic, but it’s still kind of annoying.

Doesn’t address a few other problems I have with the profession, (Glaring vulnerability to CC despite the design goals painting Necro an “all-in” fighter? Rather lacking methods for group support? Healing generally being in conflict with the class design?) but I don’t really want it to. I want those changes to come from the baseline profession, or the defensive core trait lines. (Blood Magic, Death Magic)

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

(edited by Softspoken.2410)

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

This looks very cool thematically, and I like that they are trying to make mechanics that scale well with larger groups. However, I am concerned with the defensive capabilities in large-group situations. Will Reapers have any way to escape focus fire, gain extra dodges/invulns, or block for any duration. Without these, I feel this will become a pve-only spec.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I have taken to using a sigil of rage on my warrior hammer build. When that kicks in the damage is devastating. Yes it a long cool down but will be worth consideration.

To the concern over lack of stability in a Slow moving attack build , stability is not what it once was . It certainly nice to have but dependent on other traits/skills is not mandatory. Again my hammer warrior does not use it. I would wait until the shouts all revealed before getting too worked up about it.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

As for the specialization in general:
So they did go with reaper. A little general, but that’s fine. What are they going to call the specialization line though, I wonder? We already have “Soul Reaping”.

This is something which has been bugging me since that_shaman made the character builder on Dulfy. Having it show ‘Chronomancer’ (which could easily be changed into Chronomancy) was fine. But I really twitched when it displayed ‘Dragonhunter’.

We don’t know for sure but it looks like ANet decided to just display the name of the specialization rather than a theme as it is the case for other traitlines. Won’t make any difference gameplay-wise but feels a bit unpolished.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Not going to lie, that looked really awesome & right up the alley I like to be in.

I bet the trait line will be simply, “Reaping”.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

IMA call minion reaper now then. With death nova , the reduced damage from poisoned and chilled foes., inate death shroud damage reduction and protection. You will only take 28% of the damage you usually would with minions and yourself leeching.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

There is actually still a chance that we get a defiance bar. That was said to be a gm trait, not a class mechanic.

And as far as instant heals.being rare, that is true, but there are tons of heals that cannot be interrupted, and logistically there is little difference between the two.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

This looks very cool thematically, and I like that they are trying to make mechanics that scale well with larger groups. However, I am concerned with the defensive capabilities in large-group situations. Will Reapers have any way to escape focus fire, gain extra dodges/invulns, or block for any duration. Without these, I feel this will become a pve-only spec.

same tools Baseline Necros have for dealing with multiple players in SPvP… we can still use them.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

I like what I’m seeing. It’s kind of reminding me of the Dervish from GW1 for some reason, just specced specifically to Avatar of Grenth. :p

Pros:

1. The Reaper being a very high melee/AoE damage spec was unexpected. I was expecting a hybrid with lower power DPS honestly. This is very good for power builds, as daggers don’t cleave enough and Axe doesn’t cleave at all. The alternative was an Unyeilding Blast DS build for the 4x pierce acting as a poor man’s cleave. It’s also nice to see skills like Gravedigger from a PvE perspective. If you or your team gets even one mob below 50% and the Reaper hits it, they do huge damage and get a major recharge bonus on their very high DPS AoE. What’s not to like? Against bosses with less than 50% health, specials on skills like Gravedigger will be very helpful in increasing damage output during spike phases.

2. The Chill. I’m glad to see they intend to use the chill as a means of mitigating damage and controlling other players by enhancing fear with it. It will be interesting to see how it works with fear, since fear will no longer fear people off points etc. (since they’re too slow). The trade off? They don’t go too far and can still be pummeled by your GS.

3. That pull and the freeze stun in the video look very nice. So does Death’s Charge. The Reaper definitely looks like it’s moving towards the original goals for the Necro class: An attrition light armored class that controls their zone of control (melee in this case).

4. Shouts. These seem very useful for PvE if they get better with the amount of mobs within their radius. I’m hoping the remaining shouts are like hexes from GW1 (since it seems orders/spirit weapon functionality it out of the question now). If shouts do higher damage the more enemies hit and cause specials when targets are hit by allies, we may be much more viable in the PvE meta. It may be a lot more useful for a team to take a Reaper to boost damage after 1-2 other teammates provide 25 stacks of might.

“Rise!” is very interesting though. Five Jagged horrors that will be free LF gain on deaths and being an interesting addition to MM builds. The fact that they spawn from in combat means that Minion AI (if not fixed), shouldn’t be an issue most of the time. I can’t begin to guess what the other shouts will be based on this skills functionality. I guess we have to wait for tomorrow.

5. This elite spec kind of solves the issue with curses not offering anything on a GM level for Necros. I don’t see power only builds ever taking Curses over Reaper, SR (or does Reaper replace it?), Spite, Blood or Death Magic.

Possible Cons:

1. Slow attacks. For PvP this may be a big downside as people get used to Reaper Telegraphs. On the other hand this is a common theme amongst the elite specs so far. Slow attacks may be easily countered, but the melee pressure (and shouts) of the Reaper may simply force people off points the same way lich form can after enemies exhaust their active defense.

2. Reaper doesn’t seem to be built for condi builds in mind. At least the GS isn’t. I’m ok with this as it’s a specialization. Of course we don’t “have” to use GS with the new spec and can just use specific traits to buff condi builds (like taking the chill traits for a Chill/Terrormancer build for example). Also we need to see what the other shouts have to offer. Although the AoE damage portion of Rise! may be wasted on a condi spec, the minions help out condi builds since Jagged Horrors bleed on attack. It may be worth it to replace Shadow Fiend with Rise! as a condi MM, if Epidemic isn’t better in non-PvE situations. That said, I don’t see a condi MM taking Reaper over Curses (yet).

3. No direct team support to allies in the way of Fury or Might. The way our shouts work may not give us a position in the meta if they don’t help overall team DPS. If that’s the case Reapers will still be considered “greedy” like Necro core is. If that’s the case, then Reapers will truly need very high AoE DPS to make up for it.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Not to bash, but I’ll probably move to Revenant after what I saw.

No calls of resource management, interesting utilities (shouts ;/ ), risk-reward cast concept which just doesn’t work in PvP.

Might play it for some lulz or PvE/WvW still, but still Revenant looks far superior and fun with Mallyx conditions and energy management.

Necro has always been the simplest and easiest-to-use light armored class.

Not in PvP.

Well it is the easiest new player pvp light armored class power necro or minion master both rip newbies apart with ease.

I could rip newbies with my off hand only.

When I talk about PvP, it’s about playing on competitive level.

And meta powermancer is just a terrible, lazy design spec which happens to be somehow effective because it has powerful procs. Yet shares all problems with Condition Necromancer, apart from LF generation.

What I meant was if both players are equally bad/new the one playing the power necro or MM will win.

Then you generalized to the point that everyone is new player.

And even above statement is false. Power Ranger vs. Power Necro, Meditation Guardian vs. Power Necro, D/D Celementalist vs. Power Necro… Newbies.

Not to mention MM. Have you seen those recently? I haven’t, even in hotjoins. Minions die to Celestials within couple seconds from passive damage.

Besides, why do you judge profession by some duels of two new, fresh players? Shouldn’t we judge it based on best/at least decent performance?

I guess that you, sir, wanted to come here and stir, but failed to do that.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Not to bash, but I’ll probably move to Revenant after what I saw.

No calls of resource management, interesting utilities (shouts ;/ ), risk-reward cast concept which just doesn’t work in PvP.

Might play it for some lulz or PvE/WvW still, but still Revenant looks far superior and fun with Mallyx conditions and energy management.

Necro has always been the simplest and easiest-to-use light armored class.

Not in PvP.

Well it is the easiest new player pvp light armored class power necro or minion master both rip newbies apart with ease.

I could rip newbies with my off hand only.

When I talk about PvP, it’s about playing on competitive level.

And meta powermancer is just a terrible, lazy design spec which happens to be somehow effective because it has powerful procs. Yet shares all problems with Condition Necromancer, apart from LF generation.

What I meant was if both players are equally bad/new the one playing the power necro or MM will win.

Then you generalized to the point that everyone is new player.

And even above statement is false. Power Ranger vs. Power Necro, Meditation Guardian vs. Power Necro, D/D Celementalist vs. Power Necro… Newbies.

Not to mention MM. Have you seen those recently? I haven’t, even in hotjoins. Minions die to Celestials within couple seconds from passive damage.

Besides, why do you judge profession by some duels of two new, fresh players? Shouldn’t we judge it based on best/at least decent performance?

I guess that you, sir, wanted to come here and stir, but failed to do that.

Im not trying to stir anything and I have played and tested it and every single one of the builds you mentioned lose to a power necro in the hands of an amateur. the reason why necros are so kitten is because anet is balancing around floor and not some medium between the floor and the ceiling.
My guildies (complete pvp amateurs) dread when the GM and I get our necros for this very reason.
We also hold 5 necros vs “meta” team fights ( right build no one knows how to play effectively) and necros win 90% the time.

(edited by Vizardlorde.8243)

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Possible Cons:

4. No stability or invulnerability.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Here’s a trait I’d like:
“Winter’s Hunger: You and nearby allies siphon health when attacking chilled enemies.”

I should be writing.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Not sure how they will do a defiance bar guys since if there was a trait that did it it would make foot in redundant.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

Possible Cons:

To be determined. Unless you know what the other ~3 DS, 3 GS, and 4 shouts do. In addition to what all of the traits are.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: grayskull.2367

grayskull.2367

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is amazing im so hyped about this the animations are just bad-kitten but the best thing about this is we are getting a fricking Reaper hood as are armour piece its a black hood with black nothingness inside it this with a reaper staff!

Can anyone say Ringwraith……..

so dam happy!

Attachments:

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

That is true Cogbyrn, we will have to wait and see.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

Possible Cons:

I don’t think that’s a “possible.” It’s most likely a given unless we get anti-CC via a defiance bar GM trait or stability through other Reaper shouts/traits/GS skills.

Invulnerability won’t be needed if we get enough LF gain, which is the key problem with Death Shroud and possibly Reaper as well.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Without invulnerability, our defense doesn’t scale at higher levels, or against focus fire.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Not sure how they will do a defiance bar guys since if there was a trait that did it it would make foot in redundant.

I dont think so. Foot (which you take because of the stun break not the kittenty 3 second 1 stack stability) and a defiance bar while in reaper mode will actually complement each other rather nicely.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lfg.5604

Lfg.5604

Thought I would put in my 2 cents. I was hoping for better mobility or ability to escape an outnumbered situation. But this elite spec sounds like “kite bait” to me with no escape. I am in wait and see mode at the moment.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: DarkMezmer.5198

DarkMezmer.5198

The GS attacks may be slow, but a full set of shouts means an instant heal and an instant elite. Instant AOE that you can just dodge roll out of. Plus old DS was super slow and easy to blind/dodge/evade/CC, so it isn’t all bad.

I just hope it is effective and not just a noob killer.

I’m reserving final judgement until tomorrow. But so far so good.

oh yeah people forgetting about the Shout Heal skill which likely will be support.

The article mentioned that the shouts serve as attacks. All of them, which should include the heal. I’m guessing the heal will scale on number of enemies hit, allowing a Necro to survive longer against a group by the simple fact that it’s a group. They also say the shouts are more geared towards harming foes than bolstering allies.

Don’t expect group support/might sharing. I personally wouldn’t expect anything at the moment, because the shouts could be anything. They could steal boons from every target hit, they could taunt (giving the slow wind-up abilities a chance to land), one summons little minions (that give what, 10% LF when they die?). Possibilities are open right now.

And if GS cleaves, and shouts do even moderately good damage, their AoE power capabilities could be very high.

I think the shout heal will act either like Mesmer ether feast where you get a decent heal on cast but more life added by number of foes hit or like locust signet just with a better cast time.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

It looks really, really good.

I know people are complaining about Necro’s lacking in the group support department, but if Reaper does a ton of damage on his own, there’s no need for groups support. I play a Warrior and when I run dungeons or fractals, I provide very little group support and deal a ton of damage on my own. I run with a group of friends for dungeons and fractals (of a variety of professions), and we all run builds that have very little group support. Because each of us deals a ton of damage on their own, there’s no need for group support – we finish the dungeons/fractals quickly and efficiently, just as if we had group boons.

IDK, I guess we’ll wait for the live stream tomorrow to find if they get some group play. It’s something Necromancer lacks and it would open up more build diversity, but having good group support isn’t an issue if they have a high damage output.

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sabre.8627

Sabre.8627

-All the chills
-Shroud knight, holy kitten, those animations. Whirl type attack, charge skill, a fear. So many possibilities for this, probably defiance bar on GM to keep with the ‘slow and unstoppable’ theme.
-Gravedigger GS skill, idk what to think of this. Could be amazing for DPS on PvE bosses, maybe comboed from another skill or CC to be good in PvP. Could be very deadly with defiance, depending on how that works.
-That reaper hood in the video, yes please.
-Shouts, so many possibilities on this. I’m most interest in the healing and elite shout. An offensive elite status shout? Who knows what that could hold.
-Pull on the greatsword skill

I don’t even give a kitten about group support if we do insane DPS and tear up team fights. I’m a sucker, jumping on the hype train now.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sardonx.2697

Sardonx.2697

Still waiting for info on how else we can use LF aside from another transformation.