Meet the Reaper!

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

No defiance bar…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

So strong it broke and chilled the stream…

(lol)

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warcry.8914

Warcry.8914

Go figure that the Necromancer is in such dire straits that it manages to destroy streams

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

In before everyone complains about how weak the lifesteal is going to be.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

All hail necro-guard

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

And people told me GS wouldn’t be kittening slow. God kitten that blind kittening optimism. You all saw that kitten, kitten man that was the slowest kittening kitten I’ve seen in ages. You will never ever get that kittening 2 skill off against any sort of player that isn’t completely kitten at the game. Not ever. It’s like kittening 100b on Warr, it will only ever be used to cleave downed kitteners.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

And people told me GS wouldn’t be kittening slow. God kitten that blind kittening optimism. You all saw that kitten, kitten man that was the slowest kittening kitten I’ve seen in ages. You will never ever get that kittening 2 skill off against any sort of player that isn’t completely kitten at the game. Not ever. It’s like kittening 100b on Warr, it will only ever be used to cleave downed kitteners.

Didn’t really look any slower than the rest of the Necro weaps, like Focus, Dagger MH (#2 and #3), Axe, Staff, etc.

But I can’t tell if you’re serious.

Also, LF generation on the Shroud #1 seems interesting.

EDIT – Prepping myself for the backlash on the heal.

(edited by Cogbyrn.7283)

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

THANK YOU ROBERT, THANK YOU ANET, YOU DELIVERED!

Reaper hype, I LOVE IT!

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Do you think this could be viable for frontline WvW? All sustain and mobility is in DS mode though, so it will be very dependent on that.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Do you think this could be viable for frontline WvW? All sustain and mobility is in DS mode though, so it will be very dependent on that.

You can flash DS and activate stab, then go out of it, stab will stay. He confirmed it. I’d say it’ll be good since some of the shouts are very powerful.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

Front-lining WvW is what I was thinking as I watched it. I’m excited to see how this all pans out.

EDIT – Oh wow. Did everyone hear?

Siphon traits work through DS now. Innnnnnnnnteresting.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

Didn’t really look any slower than the rest of the Necro weaps, like Focus, Dagger MH (#2 and #3), Axe, Staff, etc.

Are you kidding me? I can’t tell if you’re serious. I know you just came back and everything, but let me tell you, you won’t connect skills like Focus 5, Axe 2 , Dagger 2/3 on competent enemies the majority of times. I’m not sure you understand how bad it is to have slow skills in PvP above kittening around in hotjoins or whatever. And from what I’ve seen of the damage numbers in the video even with Sentinel Amulet the payoff on hitting those sluggish kitten skills isn’t even remotely worth it.

I have no complaints about Reaper Shroud though. The Shroud was solid.

Also, cast times on shouts. You can’t even make this kitten up.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

At least siphon buffs and support in work YES!!!!

This might not be lost after all.

The Dhuumfire thread

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

Are you kidding me? I can’t tell if you’re serious. I know you just came back and everything, but let me tell you, you won’t connect skills like Focus 5, Axe 2 , Dagger 2/3 on competent enemies the majority of times. I’m not sure you understand how bad it is to have slow skills in PvP above kittening around in hotjoins or whatever. And from what I’ve seen of the damage numbers in the video even with Sentinel Amulet the payoff on hitting those sluggish kitten skills isn’t even remotely worth it.

It’s a huge flaw to say “good players will always dodge any abilities with a long cast-time”. People said that about Warrior Hammer a long time ago. Then suddenly everyone started complaining about Hammer when I came back after a hiatus.

I don’t need to argue about this with you, because I can already feel you’re going to say “Well you played against bad people”. I’ve literally seen it all before. All I know is, when you feel like you have to dodge every ability, you’ll get caught by a player thinking 3 steps ahead.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Still sounds cool. Still 0/0/0/6/6/6

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I must say all what i saw and heard looks rather solid. And yes we will get support via a vampiric aura.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andlat Helsonr.1284

Andlat Helsonr.1284

Looks like a fun speck…

…for D/P thieves and chronomancers… : ^ )

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

^ People complaining about Hammers were Necromancers, because Hambow was direct response to Necromancer Dhuumfire version. Now there’re no Condition Necromancers anymore so Hammer can be bad again. Even worse, everything in meta apart from Shoutbow has incredible tools and evades to deal with it.

I will sum the stream and the Reaper in 7 words, like the Seven Reapers:

It’s cool, see you on the Revenant.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

They forgot Shroud Knight skills underwater…

The Dhuumfire thread

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Seems like the ultimate PvE spec.

Vuln, burn, high dmg AOE auto attacks. Good in PvE but we are still ragdoll in PvP.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Probably my favourite elite specialization (when only looking at what the specialization brings) so far. Can’t decide on what to run on my Necro now. Chill build? Vampiric? Or celestial DS Reaper. That burning from the AA.

Only thing I’m upset about: Classic DS feels pretty crappy now.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

^ People complaining about Hammers were Necromancers, because Hambow was direct response to Necromancer Dhuumfire version. Now there’re no Condition Necromancers anymore so Hammer can be bad again. Even worse, everything in meta apart from Shoutbow has incredible tools and evades to deal with it.

I will sum the stream and the Reaper in 7 words, like the Seven Reapers:

It’s cool, see you on the Revenant.

Enjoy Revenant, I’ll see you on Necromancer.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

It’s a huge flaw to say “good players will always dodge any abilities with a long cast-time”. People said that about Warrior Hammer a long time ago. Then suddenly everyone started complaining about Hammer when I came back after a hiatus.

I don’t need to argue about this with you, because I can already feel you’re going to say “Well you played against bad people”. I’ve literally seen it all before. All I know is, when you feel like you have to dodge every ability, you’ll get caught by a player thinking 3 steps ahead.

Not to say “Well you played against bad people”, but player quality was a lot worse back in the days before Hambow became a thing. I already need to think ahead. I don’t go for the active play when I play Power Necro. I go for the pre-emptive play because going for the active play won’t work most of the time.

Besides, you’re only thinking about dodges. You need to factor in things like blinds, aegis, stuns, dazes, knockdowns, blocks, general iframes from blocks, evades and invulnerability being thrown around. Between all these things you need to hit those slow skills.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

SO much synergy. Blind causing chill causing vuln increasing your crit so you can cause more chill.

Also blood magic not sucking…..YES.

so in ds the whirl hits 11 times. It can heal you for about 2.5k on 5 targets.

Also if RS #1 gets lifeblast traits it can stack vuln, burn, have 50% crit chance and heal allies every swing…

also new spiteful spirit, unholy feast and that new shout…the aoe moon removal…
Stab in RS so you can be interupted in #4….

I see so many combonations and so much potential. Guys…we made it * Sheds tear *

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

Not to say “Well you played against bad people”, but player quality was a lot worse back in the days before Hambow became a thing. I already need to think ahead. I don’t go for the active play when I play Power Necro. I go for the pre-emptive play because going for the active play won’t work most of the time.

Besides, you’re only thinking about dodges. You need to factor in things like blinds, aegis, stuns, dazes, knockdowns, blocks, general iframes from blocks, evades and invulnerability being thrown around. Between all these things you need to hit those slow skills.

Funny, people who left back then would probably say that all the good players left the game in the early days, leaving all of the bad players. I don’t really agree with either side.

And I’m not only thinking about dodges. I’ve landed many a Dagger #3 on someone coming out of a block/invuln because they get careless and don’t watch to see if they need to dodge the second it drops. The GS #3 ability hits 6 times in very rapid succession. The GS #4 pulses regularly while you’re doing other things. They gave Necros a built-in pulsing Stability in Shroud #3, which you can trigger, then drop out and heal if you’d like if you want to try to avoid those pesky healing interrupts.

I’m not saying it will be easy, but it looks like nothing new to me. Same old questions I’ve already looked into answering myself, with some interesting new answers with some of these abilities.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Well its nice that our siphons work in shroud but i think its just distracting us.

I just think it won’t work, we needed that defiance bar and lockdown mesmers are just going to rip us apart. I thought our saving grace was if they made all shouts stunbreakers but they didnt.

Its cool and all but i think the reality is that is just will not work as they expect it to. Typical necro tbh looks good on paper but just gets destroyed by interrupts.

Another this is that they talked about the big wind up paying off in trade for big damage but I just didn’t see enough base damage on the skills apart from #2.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Zetsumei.4975)

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

Funny, people who left back then would probably say that all the good players left the game in the early days, leaving all of the bad players. I don’t really agree with either side.

And I’m not only thinking about dodges. I’ve landed many a Dagger #3 on someone coming out of a block/invuln because they get careless and don’t watch to see if they need to dodge the second it drops. The GS #3 ability hits 6 times in very rapid succession. The GS #4 pulses regularly while you’re doing other things. They gave Necros a built-in pulsing Stability in Shroud #3, which you can trigger, then drop out and heal if you’d like if you want to try to avoid those pesky healing interrupts.

I’m not saying it will be easy, but it looks like nothing new to me. Same old questions I’ve already looked into answering myself, with some interesting new answers with some of these abilities.

We will see. Just know this, when HoT releases and GS Necro is useless in the meta I was here to say “I told you so”.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

I can certainly find myself into what you wrote…

One particular thing I am really interested in is to see how the Lifeforce will play out with the new skills/traits…. With any luck, it might become a good bruiser profession due to it’s ability to sustain itself to get the heal

One thing though, the Elite should change the Resistance to Stability like they mentioned… Necromancers can drown themselves with skills that will either convert, remove or transfer condis, so Resistance is certainly not needed

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

Well its nice that our siphons work in shroud but i think its just distracting us.

I just think it won’t work, we needed that defiance bar and lockdown mesmers are just going to rip us apart. I thought our saving grace was if they made all shouts stunbreakers but they didnt.

Its cool and all but i think the reality is that is just will not work as they expect it to. Typical necro tbh looks good on paper but just gets destroyed by interrupts.

Another this is that they talked about the big wind up paying off in trade for big damage but I just didn’t see enough base damage on the skills apart from #2.

Numbers are still in work but they have a good base so far now we need info on core specializations and skills.

The Dhuumfire thread

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Xaylin.1860

You shouldn’t be that concerned about Mesmers since all the Chill can really screw with them and those cleaving attacks will pop their Illusions. However, Thieves will be the issue here. They might not gain as many benefits from a successful interrupt as Mesmers but they have way easier access to it and almost all of their CC is easier to land. Plus they are half-immune to Chill. Go figure.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Zetsumei.4975

You shouldn’t be that concerned about Mesmers since all the Chill can really screw with them and those cleaving attacks will pop their Illusions. However, Thieves will be the issue here. They might not gain as many benefits from a successful interrupt as Mesmers but they have way easier access to it and almost all of their CC is easier to land. Plus they are half-immune to Chill. Go figure.

Well my friend made a good point, with alacrity he won’t be too worried about chill’s effects :/

Ruins of Surmia

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

Well my friend made a good point, with alacrity he won’t be too worried about chill’s effects :/

How easily can a Mesmer build into getting substantial amounts of Alacrity without sacrificing their power to interrupt?

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Xaylin.1860

No Chronomancer, no Alacrity at all.
No Illusions, almost no Alacrity. Shouldn’t be an issue. Necro-copter …

The only reliable way to gain Alacrity is from a Well with a rather high cooldown.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

wow so many chill ability – perma chill
and the vulnerability stakcs
common this necro is a huge lich form with no 3 min cooldown

i think they should tune a bit the chill and vulnerability consider also there is no 25 stacks cap

i think the slow gs will be using for pulling and aoe and go in to DS ability for faster burst and stability

and with trooper rune which will cleanse 3 conditions common and immune to conditions from elite this necro is so powerfull

maybe lockdown mesmer will be his weakness

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Shifu.4321

For WvW at least, I can see Reaper carving a niche as a frontline fighter whose primary role is to debuff and boon corrupt. “Nothing can save you” is actually a pretty neat shout in that regard if you think about it, since it can potentially remove stability from 5 frontline guys during the initial clash.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Zetsumei.4975

For WvW at least, I can see Reaper carving a niche as a frontline fighter whose primary role is to debuff and boon corrupt. “Nothing can save you” is actually a pretty neat shout in that regard if you think about it, since it can potentially remove stability from 5 frontline guys during the initial clash.

Nah won’t work that well for wvw because stability is very low on the stripping priority list. You would need to co-ordinate with 3 or 4 necros? in order for it to be effective at which point you need to decide whether its worth having 4 necros (which will have low dps due to being in the melee train) rather than other classes on your team comp just for some boon stripping and vulnerability that will be cleansed fast.

Ruins of Surmia

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

you get pulsing stability per second for 8 seconds, on a 20 second cool down.
thats pretty good stability up time.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I’m with Zetsumei to be honest.

The class doesn’t have the mobility to roam well as a power build and they didn’t do enough to make the class survivable in the melee train with light armor. Look at Warriors and Guardians in the melee train. They need chainable endure pains, spammable blocks, and the like to survive in the melee train. Necro got none of this. Just deathshroud which will be depleted in mere seconds.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Shifu.4321

The 3 things you primarily need to survive as a frontline fighter:

1) Energy sigil
2) Enough stability to get through the initial push
3) A commander smart enough to know when to push and when to pull back.

I’ve survived the frontlines as a half soldier/half zerker hammer/gs guard, a hammer warrior wearing full zerker with no endure pain and as a power wells necro, so it shouldn’t be THAT hard to live.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

The problems i see with shouts is that they are useless when facing 1-2 targets (like in pvp) and decent to strong when facing 3-5. The Reapershroud in the other hand had me drooling. The Blood magic changes might actually make Blood viable outside minionmaster builds thanks to the healing through the shroud. The blood aura seems questionable for pve since I have yet to see any group asking for venom share thieves despite them giving stronger heals conditions etc. The Greatsword looks good but the AA damage better be massive to make up for being the slowest AA chain ever, the number 2 seems broken unless they meant 50% instead of 100 or it has an ICD cause spamming the most damaging ability without a cooldwon would be game breaking and incredibly fun.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

phys.7689

The problems i see with shouts is that they are useless when facing 1-2 targets (like in pvp) and decent to strong when facing 3-5. The Reapershroud in the other hand had me drooling. The Blood magic changes might actually make Blood viable outside minionmaster builds thanks to the healing through the shroud. The blood aura seems questionable for pve since I have yet to see any group asking for venom share thieves despite them giving stronger heals conditions etc. The Greatsword looks good but the AA damage better be massive to make up for being the slowest AA chain ever, the number 2 seems broken unless they meant 50% instead of 100 or it has an ICD cause spamming the most damaging ability without a cooldwon would be game breaking and incredibly fun.

its pretty slow on its own though, and the other skills are situational.
and it has to be below 50%

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Just thought reapers can reach 100% crit without touching precision.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Just thought reapers can reach 100% crit without touching precision.

Yup Curses is completely unnecessary for a power reaper Spite/Soulreaping / Reaper FTW. RS AA will be broken with 25stacks of might + Vuln + 100% crit

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

What I’m really interested in is this : Infusing Terror give you stability every pulse for a short duration. Once activated, Infusing Terror can be activated again to trigger Terrify. Stability does not end when you exit Reaper’s Shroud.

Does this mean we can pop DS, activate Infusing Terror, leave DS and keep the puling stability? Or does it just mean we retain the current stack of STAB?

If it is the former that might be actually pretty kitten good…especially since all those cooldowns (subject to change, yada yada) are affected by path of midnight.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

Does this mean we can pop DS, activate Infusing Terror, leave DS and keep the puling stability? Or does it just mean we retain the current stack of STAB?

If it is the former that might be actually pretty kitten good…especially since all those cooldowns (subject to change, yada yada) are affected by path of midnight.

It seems to be a buff (like spectral armor, ice armor etc.) that simply pulses stability and since he said it works even if you leave RS, yes it will keep pulsing (and of cause keep the stability).

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: the noobiniser.7465

the noobiniser.7465

Would much prefer they give the Reaper Shroud to F2, and still allow old Death Shroud as F1 when using this elite spec. I can see some builds that would like to take Reaper, but still have the ranged options from original DS. If we want build diversity, don’t see why they should lock into melee Reaper Shroud.

Couldn’t agree more.

Why would you ever NOT take reaper then?

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Yeah… We couldn’t have both DS at once. that would be broken… And completely delete Necromancer.

I love Reaper with all my heart, believe me. But it does not need that sort of buff.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

It seems to be a buff (like spectral armor, ice armor etc.) that simply pulses stability and since he said it works even if you leave RS, yes it will keep pulsing (and of cause keep the stability).

Well then, that does sound pretty good on 20 second CD that doesn’t even factor in “Path of Midnight”.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

Well then, that does sound pretty good on 20 second CD that doesn’t even factor in “Path of Midnight”.

It is and i would argue it is something a melee necro really needs. So please no nerf to it…

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

phys.7689

What I’m really interested in is this : Infusing Terror give you stability every pulse for a short duration. Once activated, Infusing Terror can be activated again to trigger Terrify. Stability does not end when you exit Reaper’s Shroud.

you probably lose the effect that keeps pulsing it, so if you leave early, you probably get like 3 seconds of stability or so.