[Merged] Signet of Vampirism and related changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

The key “theme” of the skill was being able to drop guaranteed burst healing that a heal would normally give you, and in return have an incredibly aggressive, damaging heal. High risk/reward.

We’re already the best in kill or be killed scenarios, giving us this would just be too OP.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

The ICD on the active is okay. In fact, I am slightly happy that they put it in because it shows they realize that Vampiric abilities need ICDs. I don’t know if this was the best one to put it in simply because it is already gated by its own CD/buff timer, etc., but it shows that small thing that I like, for the future of Blood Magic.

I’m not happy about the Passive ICD, and loss of damage. That, and the CD is what kills the skill for me. If the CD was a bit lower (30s base), with the passive healing slightly lowered, and put back the damage in some form, I’d see the skill being decent again. The key “theme” of the skill was being able to drop guaranteed burst healing that a heal would normally give you, and in return have an incredibly aggressive, damaging heal. High risk/reward.

I agree, i think the datamined version would be ok with the intial heal on active and a 30 sec cd.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Wow, I just watched the video. What a completely useless, TERRIBLE skill.

It started off with so much potential… So many uses with plenty of counters. Now it is a steaming pile of kitten.

Thanks for nothing A-Net!

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I like how in the video every time the Necro uses his heal, he gains like 2k max from the siphons lol. What a joke.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

The key “theme” of the skill was being able to drop guaranteed burst healing that a heal would normally give you, and in return have an incredibly aggressive, damaging heal. High risk/reward.

We’re already the best in kill or be killed scenarios, giving us this would just be too OP.

We’re too OP in the get killed category, we deserve some nerfs!

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Wait.. idea…

OH NO, I HOPE A NET DOESN’T NERF OUR ABILITY TO SUCK SO HARD. That’ d be a crying shame!!!!!!!!!

Okay sit tight, guys. We’re on the path to world domination.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Wait.. idea…

OH NO, I HOPE A NET DOESN’T NERF OUR ABILITY TO SUCK SO HARD. That’ d be a crying shame!!!!!!!!!

+1. The comedy in this thread will keep me company tonight as I listen to some emo music, paint my nails black, and write poetry about how ANet hates us.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Wait.. idea…

+1. The comedy in this thread will keep me company tonight as I listen to some emo music, paint my nails black, and write poetry about how ANet hates us.

I actually feel terrible seeing you so negative. You always defended all the crappy stuff ANet did to Necros. Anet, You broke Bhawb! T_T Why did you do it?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

Wait.. idea…

OH NO, I HOPE A NET DOESN’T NERF OUR ABILITY TO SUCK SO HARD.

It’s funny depressing because this skill doesn’t “suck”, especially not the opponent’s health.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

(edited by Balefire.7592)

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Wait.. idea…

OH NO, I HOPE A NET DOESN’T NERF OUR ABILITY TO SUCK SO HARD.

It’s funny because this skill doesn’t suck anything from the opponent, especially not health.

Touche, Balefire for pointing out that they already even nerfed our ability to suck.
And F-.. Touche, to you Anet, for finding the only way to nerf our ability to suck that would still screw us over. Clever.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I actually feel terrible seeing you so negative. You always defended all the crappy stuff ANet did to Necros. Anet, You broke Bhawb! T_T Why did you do it?

I’m actually fine, its not like one crappy patch is going to break my spirit (seriously, I’d have quit before Christmas the year it came out), I’m just hopefully going to get all the QQing out now so I can do my proper job of defending everything ANet does. Stockholm Syndrome is fun.

Besides, at least now I can have the equivalent of J4’s ult. I can now use this to Mark someone and say “I’M NECRO, I’M HELPING” and then die.

Anyway, on a more Bhawb-like note. I do actually think this will be okay in PvE where heals aren’t really that needed for a lot of dungeon/boss farming where you just stack up and roll your face over the keyboard until the boss is dead. A decent DPS buff that will actually get almost full use off its stacks and keep your team alive without hurting you much at all.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

I’m actually fine, its not like one crappy patch is going to break my spirit (seriously, I’d have quit before Christmas the year it came out), I’m just hopefully going to get all the QQing out now so I can do my proper job of defending everything ANet does. Stockholm Syndrome is fun.

Besides, at least now I can have the equivalent of J4’s ult. I can now use this to Mark someone and say “I’M NECRO, I’M HELPING” and then die.

Anyway, on a more Bhawb-like note. I do actually think this will be okay in PvE where heals aren’t really that needed for a lot of dungeon/boss farming where you just stack up and roll your face over the keyboard until the boss is dead. A decent DPS buff that will actually get almost full use off its stacks and keep your team alive without hurting you much at all.

Not to burst your bubble but losing a heal to add 300 dps for 5 people for 4 seconds (because one second always gets clipped off) and then them having to waste several seconds of their warrior dps rezzing you isn’t a good trade off. JUST saying. :P

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Not to burst your bubble but losing a heal to add 300 dps for 5 people for 4 seconds (because one second always gets clipped off) and then them having to waste several seconds of their warrior dps rezzing you isn’t a good trade off. JUST saying. :P

I never actually use a heal against most boss fights where you just stack, so it’ll be worthwhile. I’m sure I’ll hit the skill as a smash my face repeatedly against my keyboard, because PvE is so hard.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Just… reroll… Gaurdian and/or Warrior already, Bhawb. x.X

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Just… reroll… Gaurdian and/or Warrior already, Bhawb. x.X

I have one of every class, actually, and something like 4 Necros.

Maybe I’ll try Spirit Weapon Guardians…

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I saw the new heal that they had in the preview. And I have to say….. It looks like garbage in comparison to the other supportive heals the other professions are getting. Which is a real shame because I was getting excited for a more supportive heal.

The major problem I noticed right off the bat was the marking a foe. Why would this be a problem? Well, first of all it limits your allies to attacking one target rather then dealing with multiple. Which can be a problem in PvE or WvW where you can’t always focus on 1 target. The next problem, and I don’t know if this was a bug or what, but it only seemed to trigger once per second for both being attacked from its passive and when it was activated.

I can understand why they wouldn’t want to remove the 25 stacks by 1 person attacking the target with multiple hits per second, sucking up all the stacks preventing allies from healing. Then why not have allies steal health for the next 5-10 attacks?

I don’t understand. This sounded so promising for a supportive necromancer heal. But in practice it looks really bad. Not even the devs seemed to excited about it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lunacrous.6751

lunacrous.6751

I saw the new heal that they had in the preview. And I have to say….. It looks like garbage in comparison to the other supportive heals the other professions are getting.

Fixed for accuracy. Our only other heal could be Blood Fiend and this still wouldn’t be worth spending skill points on =\

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The next problem, and I don’t know if this was a bug or what, but it only seemed to trigger once per second for both being attacked from its passive and when it was activated..

There is an ICD on both the passive, and active (active is per-person), it only procs once per second because that’s the ICD.

You know, in case it was too strong already.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

That vid left me quite a bit disheartened, I slowly lose confidence anyone at Anet is really enjoying the necro class enough to give it more thought and love.

That passion, when the guy was coming to the warrior and startet with a:“WARRIOR, YEAH!” coming deep from his heart.

What a joke, I get the feeling the developers are more keen to make their favourite classes as appealing as possible, while the rest is just afterthought.

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

The idea behind the active on the signet was good but it looks like the implementation is going to be crap. How could they fix it?

1. Get rid of the “team helping” part of it. We have well of blood for that. We dont need another team heal skill
2. Get rid of the fact that it is a signet. It does not need a passive and this passive is basically not a passive heal because it sucks so bad
3. Make it a heal skill that “marks” your target and heals you for about 2k health every time you hit. It is risk v reward. You mark them and you risk the chance of them stealthing, dodging, etc. Risk. You do it at the right time and potentially heal for 10k health. Reward.

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Street Peddler.2638

Street Peddler.2638

Why does every class forum think their class is terrible and super neglected? its pretty interesting.

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

The next problem, and I don’t know if this was a bug or what, but it only seemed to trigger once per second for both being attacked from its passive and when it was activated..

There is an ICD on both the passive, and active (active is per-person), it only procs once per second because that’s the ICD.

You know, in case it was too strong already.

Yeah, watching it again they mention the internal cool down.

but the other new heals are so much stronger, its ridiculous. And this new heal is laughably bad. Consume condition will still be king. This wont promote a more supportive build as Well of Blood is far superior for that.

And here I thought we got Order of Vampirism back. Nope. I should know better then to ever get my hopes up for the necromancer.

Ele, Awesome Heal, look forward to using it. Thief, kitten it now I want to make a thief. Warrior, This will be op on a zerker warrior.. YAY! zerker warriors will be even better in PvE!… >.> .Mesmer, I love the utility of this one. Defiantly looks like a lot of fun. Engineer, very interesting, might try this one out in a new build. Guardian, I have already made a build for this and this just makes it better! Ranger, This one is kinda cool. Although I feel that it might not be that good in PvE, much like minions. But I could be wrong on that. Necro, Another skill I’ll never use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: shizo.5698

shizo.5698

He didnt even cared to adjust his traitpoints towards siphoning. Sad face.

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

He didnt even cared to adjust his traitpoints towards siphoning. Sad face.

it was basically. “This is what the necro gets. NOW LETS MOVE ON TO THE REAL PROFESSIONS!”

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Why does every class forum think their class is terrible and super neglected? its pretty interesting.

Because kitten like this happens. Just watch the video, their complete lack of interest is so incredibly obvious its pathetic. They didn’t even pretend to be excited for it.

it was basically. “This is what the necro gets. NOW LETS MOVE ON TO THE REAL PROFESSIONS!”

This. It was the equivalent of forcing a kid to eat vegetables

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Yeah, its really funny seeing warriors complaining about how unviable they are and how low damage they have. I smiled until realized they arent trolling. They were serious.

But to be on topic, this skill is objectively … bad? Terrible? Kitten?
I wish sometimes a dev come here and make a thread about that “Guys, we have literally no idea how to make this class better, to fit our design. Please help, i will check back later.” … A man can dream.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

All necro’s should take this skill into SoloQ at high ranks just to kitten with this atrocity anet has created and make sure you ping it troughout every game and call out the target.

meanwhile you say to your team, but anet intended this to be so i am using it to it’s fullest.. at least they will then listen to all the cries about necro noobs in high ranked solo Q and team arena ^^
I for one am gonna sabotage the kitten out of this skill, play my best while using it so i am sure it will be changed immediately because my thief/guardian /warrior/mesmer teammates crying their eyes out because they have a necro using this heal ..

is my plan.. All anet did was give us the tools to grief the crap out of soloQ.

Ping signet>type “don’t worry, I got this”> die repeatedly while pinging and spamming this skill claiming it to be a team support skill while ressing the entire opposite team ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Dalanor.5387

Sir, this is absolutely brilliant!

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

It made since for it to be lower than the warrior signet because it had the damage portion now it is just sadly weaker in every possible way.

It wasnt even that great BEFORE they nerfed it. This Heal" is simply unusable in its current state. Great job Anet, Great Job! -.-

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

In it’s initial implementation, I was really looking forward to this skill. It’s like an ‘order’ type skill from GW1 and, as Spoj, I saw great potential in it for high end PvE necroes. Basically, our version of Frost Spirit: a unique mechanic that adds significant DPS to the party and thus that makes you wanted over a second warrior/guardian/etc. In our case, it’s sacrifice some personal healing for a team DPS boost.

Unfortunately, they seemed to have whacked it into the ground from every direction conceivable:
- The passive might as well not be there: it was ‘meh’ with the damage portion, it’s very bad without… and then they threw an ICD on top it…
- The active has potential, but not with these numbers. At the very least, the damage portion should go to achieve what I described above (which is really the only worthwhile niche I see for this skill) or the cooldown needs to go way down; probably both.
- Even then, this could have some merit in a situation where a lot of players/minions smack on the same target (world bosses, certain dungeon bosses): introducing 25 stack limit
- Even then, an MM might be able to put this to some use by achieving a large part of the 25 stacks on his own: introducing ‘player allies only’
- Even then, a team might actually get close to the 25 stacks: introducing ‘just let the passive ICD bug through to the active’, making this the only skill that comes to mind that actually needs 7 people present to have a chance at achieving it’s full potential (excluding portal, mass invisibility and the like). A full potential that isn’t even very super to begin with…

Then you look at warrior heal, guardian heal, etc. and I have NO clue what kind of argument you can make that warrants ours having an ICD and theirs not?

(edited by Arvid.3829)

in Necromancer

Dalanor.5387

Then you look at warrior heal, guardian heal, etc. and I have NO clue what kind of argument you can make that warrants ours having an ICD and theirs not?

Better leeching than a necro, 10k heal in 2 hits. Total balanced.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bellamy.9860

Bellamy.9860

Necros got Deathshroud, so a 5k heal (4k init +1,2leech) +800 dmg every 35(28) sec is totally fine…
Seriously who the kitten came up with this numbers? Even the damaging part of it is so pathetic.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

To be honest im feeling a bit disheartened on the way Necro is going, I honestly thought that there maybe some form of light at the end of the Necro tunnel to help improve the class.

But when you see video’s like this of people on the team that cant even hide the fact at how uninterested they are in our class is unbelievable. Then to have the audacity to sit there and display a heal that is garbage and not be embarrassed about it.

It’s hard to keep that positive outlook when if they don’t care about a part of their own product then what more can you do. It is implementations like this that prove to me that no one plays Necro because if they did play Necro they would realise what we are lacking and what is required to improve the class. The heal doesn’t help in solving what we lack and neither does it improve our class any.

It must be some standing joke around the office of lets give Necro a heal that doesn’t actually heal. It is starting to feel like they are mocking the afflicted just to get a rise out of the Necro community. I mean who on earth really thought that this heal in its current form was going to be viable even on paper never mind in practice it never made sense.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

But when you see video’s like this of people on the team that cant even hide the fact at how uninterested they are in our class is unbelievable. Then to have the audacity to sit there and display a heal that is garbage and not be embarrassed about it.

It’s hard to keep that positive outlook when if they don’t care about a part of their own product then what more can you do. It is implementations like this that prove to me that no one plays Necro because if they did play Necro they would realise what we are lacking and what is required to improve the class. The heal doesn’t help in solving what we lack and neither does it improve our class any.

This. Thank you for this. I was ready to put my Necro back into the game with this skill but now it makes me regret the effort I put into it even more. The development team’s disinterest in the Necromancer is actually physically visible now. Between utter uselessness in PvE and no direction elsewhere, I don’t understand how they expect players that want to play with Necro can keep supporting the game.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

They should just mail us class change tokens with the patch. That’d be the greatest gift right about now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

I honestly can’t see why people are freaking out so much regarding the new heal. The Passive looks terrible (very minor, limited damage mitigation), but I see no reason to hate on the Active. It has higher base potential for healing than WoB, can deal 7000+ armor-ignoring damage, has trait support, and can be used underwater. I’m starting to think people are just kitten ed that Necros are getting a healing skill that’s on roughly equal standing with the other Necro heals and not something that looks op.

You guys do realize that we have different skills to fit different situations and builds, and not so we can replace an old skill with a new better one, right?

Not that I wouldn’t love it if SoV got a buff from what I’m seeing of it right now. Because that passive is absolutely a joke, no argument there.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

A rework?
How about…

Signet of Life:

Passive : Regenerate HP every second. HP recovered is inversely proportional to remaining LifeForce, if at full LifeForce 0 HP is recovered while at 0 LifeForce full effect is done. HP recovered should be somewhere around 300 + 0.1 Healing Power.

Active: Restore 4k HP + 1.0 Healing Power, fills up LifeForce.

Keep the 1 1/4 second cast and up the CD to 40 seconds.

Now that is a heal with synergy for our class mechanic.

I know the idea is to bring some new skills for party support into the Necro’s repertoire but really… us not dying is the best party support we can offer.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Decent but still not that great. I would like to see a PROPER connection with Death Shroud. In that the passive affect WORKS in Deathshroud and the heal can be USED in Deathshroud…

BUT….the Passive and active parts would be different -

Passive – Gain Life Force Every second I would say 100-250 Life Force gained
Active Double Life Force and refill it

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

I honestly can’t see why people are freaking out so much regarding the new heal. The Passive looks terrible (very minor, limited damage mitigation), but I see no reason to hate on the Active. It has higher base potential for healing than WoB, can deal 7000+ armor-ignoring damage, has trait support, and can be used underwater. I’m starting to think people are just kitten ed that Necros are getting a healing skill that’s on roughly equal standing with the other Necro heals and not something that looks op.

You guys do realize that we have different skills to fit different situations and builds, and not so we can replace an old skill with a new better one, right?

Not that I wouldn’t love it if SoV got a buff from what I’m seeing of it right now. Because that passive is absolutely a joke, no argument there.

Here’s the issues that you seem to be ignoring:

The damage buff is barely 300 per hit with a 1 sec ICD between hits. Sure it’s pure but it also leave a giant mark on top of the target and they KNOW it’s time to get out of dodge. Combine that to the fact that it’s on a 35 second CD and with a huge 1 1/4 second casting time and just auto-attacking with an AXE twice would be a bigger deal in a fight.

Necro’s have awful sustain, most of it comes from the heal skill. This heal skill has the lowest potential heal compared to all of our skills, so it also leaves the Necro in an even more precarious position compared to our other heal skills.

The final nail in the coffin is that we got to see a beta version that was actually intriguing and could bring power Necro builds into a much better position, since these builds actually wield the multi-hit skills. Notice how the live stream tried to show-case multi-hits with the signet? How it didn’t work because of the ICD? That is what really is galling.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

I’ll just say; you don’t play a necromancer if you think a 35 second cooldown heal with a 4k base heal on a 1.25 cast time with the ability to siphon no more than 1.2k damage individually is a good heal (For a necro, no less. The highest HP pool class with little side-defenses)… No one can get more than 4 siphons from this heal because the 1 second internal cooldown and the debuff lasts only 5 seconds (meaning unless you hit exactly as its up, you’ll only get 4 sipons) and that’s IF it lands and IF the marked person doesn’t evade you once.

You think a heal that, in a perfect scenario, heals for 5,200 on a 35 second cool down and allows for each player around them to do 1200 more damage and healing IF a long cast time lands AND they don’t evade is good? A simply use of the brain will tell you this heal is nothing compared to Consume conditions, which heals for more than this skill can possible reach, BASE, and removes all conditions and heals from them. AND has a 25 second cooldown. You literally just have to use your brain for a second to realize why its terrible.

in Necromancer

OtakuDFifty.2965

“Ignoring” implies intentional disregard. I simply don’t see these issues you speak of.

The damage buff is barely 300 per hit with a 1 sec ICD between hits. Sure it’s pure but it also leave a giant mark on top of the target and they KNOW it’s time to get out of dodge.

Irrelevant against AIs, and against players, well, wouldn’t that be a form of pressure? I will admit I pretty much avoid PvP and WvW, but I can recognize situations that force your hand.

Combine that to the fact that it’s on a 35 second CD and with a huge 1 1/4 second casting time and just auto-attacking with an AXE twice would be a bigger deal in a fight.

Assuming you have high power.

Necro’s have awful sustain, most of it comes from the heal skill. This heal skill has the lowest potential heal compared to all of our skills, so it also leaves the Necro in an even more precarious position compared to our other heal skills.

Even at 20/25, it has the highest potential group heal, unless it scales MUCH worse than WoB with Healing Power. Lowest potential self heal? I can buy that.

The final nail in the coffin is that we got to see a beta version that was actually intriguing and could bring power Necro builds into a much better position, since these builds actually wield the multi-hit skills. Notice how the live stream tried to show-case multi-hits with the signet? How it didn’t work because of the ICD? That is what really is galling.

I don’t know the exact details of the beta version (cooldown, length, healing & siphon numbers) so I can’t judge that. Didn’t watch the live stream either, just going off tooltips, which I assume are using base stats. My Necro has low to mediocre power, high healing power, and above average toughness. My Necro is simply fundamentally different from most Necros. I’ve never claimed to be a top player, but my enjoyment when I switch to my Necro is in fine-tuning its role as a support.

I’ll just say; you don’t play a necromancer if you think a 35 second cooldown heal with a 4k base heal on a 1.25 cast time with the ability to siphon no more than 1.2k damage individually is a good heal (For a necro, no less. The highest HP pool class with little side-defenses)… No one can get more than 4 siphons from this heal because the 1 second internal cooldown and the debuff lasts only 5 seconds (meaning unless you hit exactly as its up, you’ll only get 4 sipons) and that’s IF it lands and IF the marked person doesn’t evade you once.

You think a heal that, in a perfect scenario, heals for 5,200 on a 35 second cool down and allows for each player around them to do 1200 more damage and healing IF a long cast time lands AND they don’t evade is good? A simply use of the brain will tell you this heal is nothing compared to Consume conditions, which heals for more than this skill can possible reach, BASE, and removes all conditions and heals from them. AND has a 25 second cooldown. You literally just have to use your brain for a second to realize why its terrible.

I’m assuming you’re coming from a strictly PvP background. FYI, I like Consume Conditions, but maximizing team support has me running Well of Blood. It’s quite annoying not being able to maximize the healing from THAT due to allies running around, even if I drop a well right on top of them.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

“Ignoring” implies intentional disregard. I simply don’t see these issues you speak of.

The damage buff is barely 300 per hit with a 1 sec ICD between hits. Sure it’s pure but it also leave a giant mark on top of the target and they KNOW it’s time to get out of dodge.

Irrelevant against AIs, and against players, well, wouldn’t that be a form of pressure? I will admit I pretty much avoid PvP and WvW, but I can recognize situations that force your hand.

Combine that to the fact that it’s on a 35 second CD and with a huge 1 1/4 second casting time and just auto-attacking with an AXE twice would be a bigger deal in a fight.

Assuming you have high power.

Even at 20/25, it has the highest potential group heal, unless it scales MUCH worse than WoB with Healing Power. Lowest potential self heal? I can buy that.

I don’t know the exact details of the beta version (cooldown, length, healing & siphon numbers) so I can’t judge that. Didn’t watch the live stream either, just going off tooltips, which I assume are using base stats. My Necro has low to mediocre power, high healing power, and above average toughness. My Necro is simply fundamentally different from most Necros. I’ve never claimed to be a top player, but my enjoyment when I switch to my Necro is in fine-tuning its role as a support.

I’m assuming you’re coming from a strictly PvP background. FYI, I like Consume Conditions, but maximizing team support has me running Well of Blood. It’s quite annoying not being able to maximize the healing from THAT due to allies running around, even if I drop a well right on top of them.

So you think marking 1 target with a signet that might get evaded is going to fix your issues? (WvW/PvP) In PvE what you’re fighting will generally be in a pretty stationary area, at least, just as much as they would be with a mark that only heals allies if they’re attacking, and not even for as much. You go ahead and run this heal if you think it’ll outshine well of blood for support, but you’re going to have a nasty wake up call coming for you.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bellamy.9860

Bellamy.9860

-snip-

While you, arguing from a PvE standpoint, have a viable perspective and it is certainly right that this skill is better than nothing and might potentially be a better grp support then WoB, it certainly is terrible outside of scenarios where you would want a healing support necro. And those scenarios are by far the majority. Also in regards to grp healing through life leech. Take a look at the thief. Seriously. Before the introduction of the new healing venom you could already go for a build that applies 16 charges leeching venoms coupled with 8 stacks might to your entire party through the course of 36 seconds. Every charge would heal each individual party member by around 300 hp and add 400 leaching damage.
It is not like the necro carries great utilities for groups like reflects, tons of boons, might stacking, quickness so i, as a necro player, wouldn’t pick a necro for offensive support and instead run with simple max dmg to atleast minimise the crippling effect i put on a grp by running with them and this signet cripples my survivability by giving me way less healing then other options.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Keep in mind the healing scaling will likely be non existent, because the skill was originally a siphon on passive and active, and they don’t scale any siphon skills well at all.

At least I can hope blood thirst works on the heal, but I doubt it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

Since when vampires heals when they are hit?

IIRC, vampires always have regained health when they attack. Is this a new kind of vampires, like the shiny ones from Twilight?

I can’t believe how Dev team surpass themselves every time with more and more useless ideas for necromancer.

in Necromancer

OtakuDFifty.2965

So you think marking 1 target with a signet that might get evaded is going to fix your issues? (WvW/PvP) In PvE what you’re fighting will generally be in a pretty stationary area, at least, just as much as they would be with a mark that only heals allies if they’re attacking, and not even for as much. You go ahead and run this heal if you think it’ll outshine well of blood for support, but you’re going to have a nasty wake up call coming for you.

Really overselling just how much I may regret using the skill. If it doesn’t work as well as I think it will, then I’ll just have to admit I was wrong and painlessly switch to a different skill with the ease of a couple of clicks. I still don’t see it being the difference between victory and defeat. Besides, it’s not like I have any plans on using it as my only means of healing and support.

Keep in mind the healing scaling will likely be non existent, because the skill was originally a siphon on passive and active, and they don’t scale any siphon skills well at all.

At least I can hope blood thirst works on the heal, but I doubt it.

Yeah, it’s the scaling that worries me most. But Transfusion did get a scaling buff eventually, and I had that traited long before. I might be in for a longer wait since siphoning hasn’t really been addressed though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The sad part is that it would be okay if they just removed the ICD’s and did any two of the following:

1. restored the damage on the passive
2. restored the cast time to 3/4 of a second
3. restored the recharge to 20 seconds

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

It wont be a dps increase with that cast time. If it was instant cast then it would atleast be a small dps increase for the group.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Suggestion:
Passive:
Stealth health when you strike an enemy. (.1 second ICD, so cleave damage doesn’t multi-heal, but channel attacks heal each time it hits.)

what cleave?

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Suggestion:
Passive:
Stealth health when you strike an enemy. (.1 second ICD, so cleave damage doesn’t multi-heal, but channel attacks heal each time it hits.)

what cleave?

I was mostly referring to staff marks. And that’s about it. :P