[Merged] Signet of Vampirism and related changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

After getting infracted 2 times , i got an pm telling me our grave concerns are noted and send to the dev’s..
I told the GM that if dev’s want to be taken seriously they better post on this necro forum..

They didn’t and all that tells me is they have no clue or interest at all .. none. nada, niente, njet, nulla.

So no more money for ncsoft.

Note: A guildy of mine fixes bugs.
Special note: He stopped playing gw2 months ago because of all the bugs, man you should hear him on TS ranting about how utter kitten this game is ^^

I would almost guarantee you that they aren’t allowed to post.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Relair.1843

Relair.1843

It’s ridiculous that minions can’t trigger it, that was the one useful thing I was hoping for =/ Finally a way to heal them up a bit when they get really spread out all over the place. Alas, dreams crushed yet again, thanks anet!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Hell I don’t even care if they don’t post. Posts are made of just words, and words at this point just amounts to more wasted breath and time.

And we don’t need to be encouraging more misallocation of resources.

What we need are results. Not posts, or tweets; or facebook updates, or any other crap PR hype.

Results.

(edited by Overkillengine.6084)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Over all this update has been bad. REALLY bad! They introduced some nice new skills too, sure, but at the same time an entire area (Kessex Hills) is so buggy that I crash trying to load the area, at least one Skill was changed and can’t function underwater because of the changes but they didn’t disable it for underwater (Arcane Wave), a new trait completely negates an entire play style and not just one build (Diamond skin), they introduce PvE elements into PvP this late into the game and force pvp players to use skill points to buy new skills, and the necromancer, rather then balancing the bad skills and fixing the bugs they have, arena net added a new bad skill that doesn’t even function even as good as their Demo of it said it would.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

so….. yeah….

Anyways at least we have our new and improved weakening shroud. 2 second duration. yep….. but at least there is no cooldown now (lol thats such a fake balance attempt; a little slight of hand magic on anets part there)

So eventually, we will continue to get nerfs until even the stuff that is supposed to defend the reasoning behind lack of a million things, isnt even good at all lol. We’ll just have lack.. of stuff. All that crazy aoe weakness we do omg so dangerous so necros have to not have things like blocks or invulnerability … but now our weakness has been nerfed. WTF IS GOING ON!? lololol

I’ll admit it was a strong skill to have …when you’re looking at the skill alone and not he big picture which is we dont have invuln, blocks, invis, vigor, evades or a one-shot-kill DS “block” to save us lol.

This is getting deep .. Very dark indeed.

I don’t think the devs were satisfied that some of the necro’s survived some of their bowhammer crit wars skill rotations lol. Or maybe the necros were just not dieing fast enough.

But anways the SoV. It’s there for somebody idk who. But there it is. Really feels like an old signet concept they might have half thrown in the trash and just picked it back out of the trash and noticed it was actually kinda decent so just deleted a bunch of numbers and added an icd. EZ. done. XD

So much funny. I dig it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

As a side note, this is one of the longest threads I have seen on our subforum in a long time…

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

I would say we are unlikely to see any changes for a bit.

Heading into Christmas, most developers go into ‘Code Freeze’ and run a skeleton crew until people start coming back in mid-Jan.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

I understand why no dev has posted here because there is no justification they can give for the signet that will change how it is. Im pretty sure that a good few of them already realise how bad it is and realised this during the preview but by that time it was too late for anything to be done about it.

The ones that most concern me is the ones on the testing or balancing team who designed the actual numbers and tested the skill. I can only assume that they have infact hired Mr Magoo to do their testing because that is the only reason why such an awful skill could bypass any scrutiny done on it before it got to release stage.

It would be different if you went well if you do x, y or z it could work or if x scenario it would be useful. But I could use all the letters in the alphabet and still not find a suitable scenario where this skill would infact work or be viable. That is the biggest concern for me is if something this big can slip past any testing, number crunching, balancing etc then how can we actually trust anything they say if this is the result of those procedures. The skill should never have been released like this and it should have been caught well before it got to this stage.

All they have to do is just roll it back to how it was and let players test it before they nerf it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

These issues get merged into giant threads that nobody can follow, meanwhile there is a new conditions OP thread every week….

on the main forums page…

Always started by a warrior who hates skirmisher players because he would like to melee where he has an advantage, or by a thief who is disappointed that he can’t auto clear his conditions in stealth in the way that he can avoid most damage in stealth…

… And it is never moved.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Almost a thousand player posts and not a single Anet response. Typical.

I had been reading some of it. Didn’t bother posting. I gave up already.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Well mathematically I could see where they might see the signet as being ok.

Lets say your start a fight against someone. With 300ish healing power the passive heals me for 345. Ok I get hit 10 times and my hp is low enough I think ‘hm I better use my active heal’. With Blood II, the active siphon gives 550 hp and in the 5s the mark is up I can get in at most kittens.

So 345×10+4110+550x5 = 10310 HP gained from the outset of the fight with the signet. Now the signet is on CD, I can’t get the passive anymore for 28 seconds. If it is a pitched, long duel, I may have to settle for a 4110+550x5 = 6860 heal every 28 thereafter.

That’s not terrible but it requires a lot of concentration on your part. You need to maintain the target you marked and hit them constantly for 5 seconds to get the most out of the active part.

I like this signet specifically for the rabid vampire build I’ve been toying with off and on. Mainly because I already had Blood II and signet mastery as part of the build pre SoV.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

wind softly blowing

Attachments:

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

So 345×10+4110+550x5 = 10310 HP gained from the outset of the fight with the signet. Now the signet is on CD, I can’t get the passive anymore for 28 seconds. If it is a pitched, long duel, I may have to settle for a 4110+550x5 = 6860 heal every 28 thereafter.

BTW, unless you got a well under them and time it correctly with the pulse or are in melee of the enemy with Locust Swarm, you can only get 4 procs from the active, since it starts the effect a bit before the cast ends.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

EDIT: Never mind, I wasn’t reading carefully.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Just bought this today….

The person who let this into the game should be ashamed of themselves.

It’s a nice concept, but a complete failure in execution..

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

The passive is a good idea and should help in attrition fight but the big problem is the active which can be counter play during and after casting…

In sPvP Necromancer is far away from the result the devs want when nobody want to engage a necromancer alone but still needed for corrupt boon.
In PvE Necromancer is undesirable in all the content because they bring nothing to a group but dps.
In WvW the Necromancer is in a good spot due to its high capacity to debuff in zerg group and its burst condition spec in roaming (which becomes out of control with the righ consumables).

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

The passive is a good idea and should help in attrition fight but the big problem is the active which can be counter play during and after casting…

In sPvP Necromancer is far away from the result the devs want when nobody want to engage a necromancer alone but still needed for corrupt boon.
In PvE Necromancer is undesirable in all the content because they bring nothing to a group but dps.
In WvW the Necromancer is in a good spot due to its high capacity to debuff in zerg group and its burst condition spec in roaming (which becomes out of control with the righ consumables).

The problem with the passive is it heals for LESS than healing signet per trigger, it has to be triggered by being hit (taking damage) and has a 1 second cooldown. Healing signet heals for more per tick (base), heals every second on the dot (not lost time) and can heal when blocking/kiting. Meaning healing signet can net gained health while this signet really cannot (passively).

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Balance 101, never compare one class to another, especially if one is the warrior.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Balance 101, never compare one class to another, especially if one is the warrior.

While I can agree with this (actually) based on many skills, when it comes to healing, you very well can relate heals. Especially if both are high based HP classes. And also, a heal on a 28-35 second cooldown for 5.2k base (if all goes well). on a necromancer is terribad.

in Necromancer

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

The problem with the passive is it heals for LESS than healing signet per trigger, it has to be triggered by being hit (taking damage) and has a 1 second cooldown. Healing signet heals for more per tick (base), heals every second on the dot (not lost time) and can heal when blocking/kiting. Meaning healing signet can net gained health while this signet really cannot (passively).

Just face it,there is someone in theyr offices that doesnt have an issue with stealth spamming thieves or healing signet warriors or clone machines but does hate necromancers.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

Add my support to this thread. I agree with most of what’s been said. For a supposed tank class we aren’t that tanky and we suffer from a lack of escape tools and CC breaks. Going power isn’t as viable as it is on the majority of classes and the new heal is very poor.

in Necromancer

Dalanor.5387

While I can agree with this (actually) based on many skills, when it comes to healing, you very well can relate heals. Especially if both are high based HP classes. And also, a heal on a 28-35 second cooldown for 5.2k base (if all goes well). on a necromancer is terribad.

Yeah, the numbers are horribly low and the ICD just kills the whole concept. But something like the warriors Healing surge would be lovely. Big burst heal, based on LF and as a spectral it could increase the amount of LF you already have. That concept is much easier to balance imo, than this signet when our own class mechanic decrease its value even if the skill in its beta version.
I would love to know why devs decided to nerf the hell out of SoV. What situation / build make this decision correct?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

We do not need Healing Signet from the warrior. That is the problem with this skill, it directly competes with Blood Fiend as is. That’s stupid, you should not have two skills that are in direct competition with each other for the exact same job.

What we need is for the old, ICD-less passive to be restored with different numbers. This skill needs passive damage and healing per-hit, it also needs a bit of work on the active to make it less kitten. But again, this passive should not be another Healing Signet, because that is literally what Blood Fiend is for us, it needs to be a damage skill.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

CHIPS.6018

I think here is the most important point:

SoV was nerfed to the ground before it was even born!!!

Ok I know this shocked many of you. So let me repeat myself.

SOV WAS NERFED TO THE GROUND BEFORE IT WAS EVEN BORN!!!

This is like a baby in the womb being made kittened by his/her own parents on purpose. They then give birth to this kittened baby for their own amusement. They can then tell all their friends jokes about how kittened their baby is.

Any questions?

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

It’s passive was also pretty OP before. You could siphon for nearly 350 on every hit, without ICD, and boost that with BT to 400ish per hit. With retal dealing around 200 damage per hit, something like Necro Axe 2 against a necro would have dealt 4800 damage to the enemy, while healing the Necro for almost the entire damage of the skill.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Necro subforum reminds me of dungeon subforum. No dev responses. Neglected forever and ever. :<

in Necromancer

CHIPS.6018

I think here is what Signet of Vampirism should have been:

Passive: Your attacks siphons an extra 0.15*(healing power) of health per hit.

Active: Cooldown 30 seconds. Cast time 1/4 second. For the next 2 seconds, you steal 3*(healing power) of health from the enemy in his next attack against you. That foe also suffers from weakness and 3 stacks of bleeding for 10 seconds.

So let’s say your healing power is 1000. In passive you would steal an extra 150 hp per hit (on top of your regular siphon). In active, if a foe was dumb enough to hit you during those 2 seconds, you steal 3000 hp and give him weakness and bleeding for 10 seconds. If no one hits you during those 2 seconds, you gain nothing and will probably die before that 30 second recharge is up. High risk high reward. This is what necromancer should be about.

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

13 pages and numerous threads later and still not an official response. This is part of the reason why people are leaving, the lack of communication is astounding.

I understand that they cannot respond to every post in every section of the forum but the Necro forum has seen more activity this week than in the past month alone. Yet despite this all we have is a big wall of silence, not even we are aware of how bad it is and have something in the works but it may take time. Not even a sorry we made a boo boo and it should never have been released like this. Or even a pinocchio style response of the signet is great just give it time to settle in or you need to learn to play.

In all forms of business ignoring the customer never leads to fantastic results, all it does is drive their business elsewhere. As we have heard previously they have numerous teams that deal with different aspects but by the looks of it they forgot to add a forum team designed to communicate between both developer and playerbase keeping each other informed if any major concerns crop up. Surely its easier to have a team looking over the forums who monitor which posts are of the biggest concern and can respond in the thread that they have passed our concerns onto the developers and are awaiting a response. Something as simple as that is enough to show that at least they are being made aware of the issue, as right now all we have is word of mouth that they are infact aware we have a problem.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

13 pages and numerous threads later and still not an official response. This is part of the reason why people are leaving, the lack of communication is astounding.

I understand that they cannot respond to every post in every section of the forum but the Necro forum has seen more activity this week than in the past month alone. Yet despite this all we have is a big wall of silence, not even we are aware of how bad it is and have something in the works but it may take time. Not even a sorry we made a boo boo and it should never have been released like this. Or even a pinocchio style response of the signet is great just give it time to settle in or you need to learn to play.

In all forms of business ignoring the customer never leads to fantastic results, all it does is drive their business elsewhere. As we have heard previously they have numerous teams that deal with different aspects but by the looks of it they forgot to add a forum team designed to communicate between both developer and playerbase keeping each other informed if any major concerns crop up. Surely its easier to have a team looking over the forums who monitor which posts are of the biggest concern and can respond in the thread that they have passed our concerns onto the developers and are awaiting a response. Something as simple as that is enough to show that at least they are being made aware of the issue, as right now all we have is word of mouth that they are infact aware we have a problem.

I’ve had:
2 “We’ve noted the concerns and will pass the information to the balance team”

and Josh said “Before we do any changes, we need to spend a* LOT* of time playing with it before we can decide if it really needs to change.”

So the “official” answer is, it’s on the back burner.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Yes, because hundreds of Necromancers telling you its bad, and literally every top tier Necro saying its bad isn’t enough.

Honestly, I just think they were giving you the canned responses that they are supposed to.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: magicweaver.2695

magicweaver.2695

I’ve had:

and Josh said “Before we do any changes, we need to spend a* LOT* of time playing with it before we can decide if it really needs to change.”

That is still word of mouth that they are even aware. Not saying you aren’t being honest, but where do they say that? The point made was that it’s not coming from a Dev, it always comes from someone like yourself that they are aware.

Besides that, the statement saying “Before we do any changes, we need to spend a* LOT* of time playing with it before we can decide if it really needs to change.” is ridiculous. Shouldn’t that have been done BEFORE release? Shouldn’t they already know it needed work?

And so that points even further this was a haphazard addition, either because they admit they didn’t test it properly, or it wasn’t implemented properly, or it is bugged.

Either way, if they did say that, it’s a non-answer.

Piken Square

(edited by magicweaver.2695)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

I’ve had:

Thanks ron at least I know someone is getting a response albeit not the ideal one. So in short its let release it broken and sweep it under the rug and forget about it.

The response from Josh is even more concerning, I honestly cannot believe that they are unable to see an issue with this skill. If they are trying to possibly say that there is nothing wrong with the skill I may aswell just give up now as there is no hope. If something this bad is the standard of quality control we can expect as passable then I hate to see what happens when DM tree gets redesigned.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Again, don’t overlook “canned” dev answers. It is very unlikely that a dev would come out in a “public” (which is anything they say to people who aren’t under an NDA) and say “yeah this skill is kitten”. They’ll give you a very PC response like “we are aware many don’t currently feel the skill is viable, however we’d like to give it more time for testing instead of making a decision based on inadequate data.”

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Necro subforum reminds me of dungeon subforum. No dev responses. Neglected forever and ever. :<

Only that necro forums are less toxic since everyone cleanses the poison duration with putrid mark! Oh wait…

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

I’ve had:

That is still word of mouth that they are even aware. Not saying you aren’t being honest, but where do they say that? The point made was that it’s not coming from a Dev, it always comes from someone like yourself that they are aware.

Besides that, the statement saying “Before we do any changes, we need to spend a* LOT* of time playing with it before we can decide if it really needs to change.” is ridiculous. Shouldn’t that have been done BEFORE release? Shouldn’t they already know it needed work?

And so that points even further this was a haphazard addition, either because they admit they didn’t test it properly, or it wasn’t implemented properly, or it is bugged.

Either way, if they did say that, it’s a non-answer.

Just to answer your question, the first 2 responses were from O’Dell and another Dev via forum-pms.

The conversation with Josh was in-game. I’ve not seen a single public response, specifically by anything who can fix it.

in Necromancer

CHIPS.6018

Yes, because hundreds of Necromancers telling you its bad, and literally every top tier Necro saying its bad isn’t enough.

Honestly, I just think they were giving you the canned responses that they are supposed to.

Well when even hardcore defenders of necros say it sucks hard, it probably does sucks hard. XD

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Oh its very obvious that the skill needs some major fixing. I was watching Zombify’s stream, and even in a full team of very high level players on TS, the skill was just… sad. He could use it an call it out, and the person targetted would just spam two dodges (voiding 80% of the skill, leaving you time to proc it once), or use a single defensive skill like a block.

It was sad. Funny, but sad.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: martyrius.8957

martyrius.8957

fight me in spvp. ill use the signet and win 10-10 hands down.

80 necro main. 80 mesmer. 80 guardian. 80 thief. 45 elementalist i’m just too lazy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: martyrius.8957

martyrius.8957

its about how you play with it. dont expect the signet to conform to you. everything has a place anywhere in gw. its how they made the game, and its how you treat the signet that will increase or decrease its performance. stop crying over you not getting 10s invuln with a 20k heal and use what you got. necro has to be one of the most build/playstyle friendly classes with so much diversity its not even funny. be a vampire/healer/dps/condition/tank/cc. come on people.

80 necro main. 80 mesmer. 80 guardian. 80 thief. 45 elementalist i’m just too lazy.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Okay. Fight me 1v1 using High Warlord Sikari, I’ll bet your little signet won’t hold up. :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I even like the signet to a certain degree and I wouldn’t make this boast. You really want to challenge another necro when you are giving him a full condition clear and BIG heal handicap?

The big weakness with the signet all things considered is the lack of nice removal…..

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Heck, I’d fight you too. I’m not very good at PvP (though I roam a lot in WvW), but I’m pretty sure I’d beat you too, since you don’t have a real heal.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Only that necro forums are less toxic since everyone cleanses the poison duration with putrid mark! Oh wait…

Beautiful!

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Sure. I’d love to see how well you use the signet when you get feared into a knockdown every time you use it. Although frankly I’d let Sikari do it because I’m pretty sure he’s a better player than I am.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Heck, I’d just immobilize and dodge through him. That will be even funnier, because he can’t stunbreak out of it.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

CHIPS.6018

If you bring that signet, my GW1 necro with 480 hp can beat you. :P

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Beautiful!

Another one:
Well at least we only have a chance to flame on critical stupidity unlike guardians which get it every 5th thread.

in Necromancer

Dalanor.5387

Beautiful!

Another one:
Well at least we only have a chance to flame on critical stupidity unlike guardians which get it every 5th thread.

But they can share it to keep it up permanently.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

My well of darkness and terror says hello.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…