Most noob friendly tPvP spec?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Hi there, I’m very new to Necromancers. Which viable and competitive spec would you say is the most op/noob friendly spec for Necromancers? If you could link a build with runes and sigils that would be awesome forces.

Thanks again.

/dance

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

There is no OP/Noob friendly spec for Necromancers. If you are in NA, and want to learn Necro, send me a message ingame.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Necromancer

Jasher.6580

There is no OP/Noob friendly spec for Necromancers. If you are in NA, and want to learn Necro, send me a message ingame.

I didn’t say that they had a spec which was OP/Noob… I was asking… of all the competitive/viable specs that they have… which is the most OP/Noob friendly i.e. Easiest to grasp but still viable and competitive.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Enferian.2705

Enferian.2705

I think a good place to start would a be a minion necro with either soldier’s or knight’s amulet. Much of your damage will come from minions allowing you to focus more on staying alive.

I think u can send Altroll the message no matter where u are since last i checked (a couple of months ago) communication between NA and EU servers is possible.

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Enferian, I prefer to actually help people, not talk at them. So I take them ingame to show them strategies on Golems/Duels/tPvP and examine their skills/provide advice.

in Necromancer

Enferian.2705

Sorry, my bad…
I though u just wanted a more direct, personal and convinient way to talk to someone that forums cant provide.
Therefore i though u might be able to help EU players too

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I can ‘talk’ to people on the forums/PMs. When I take someone ingame, it’s to train them generally. However, any EU player can whisper me ingame for advice/answers to their questions, but again, I generally try to physically help them.

in Necromancer

Jasher.6580

I’m in game, I added you to my friend list. You’re not online. I’m a dancer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Look at Gibbly’s build (it is the generic condi damage build that most people use), it isn’t really difficult to use at face value, has a lot of growing room where you can expand towards the skill cap that the build allows.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAW7YjMat7xbib87JApCPH944gNm6B8pzOA-TsAgyCuI+S9l7LzXyvsfN8Y5xeBA

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Look at Gibbly’s build (it is the generic condi damage build that most people use), it isn’t really difficult to use at face value, has a lot of growing room where you can expand towards the skill cap that the build allows.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAW7YjMat7xbib87JApCPH944gNm6B8pzOA-TsAgyCuI+S9l7LzXyvsfN8Y5xeBA

This is a great starting point, avoid power builds for now. Start with condition then move to hybrid down the road if you like.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Actually I agre with Enferian that axe/focus with minions is easier to play. It’s not more powerful (except in 1v1), it’s just that little bit tankier and you get a bit more cc from the minions. Downside is fewer condition removals, but you can always take Consume Conditions instead of Blood Fiend (which I recommend in fact, that thing steals a lot of health for you but the active heal is miniscule and it dies to a stiff breeze), and you’ll always have staff 4.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tenderly.7019

Tenderly.7019

According to the link, in Soul Reaping it has Soul Marks. But it should be Foot in the Grave for Deathhroud stomps/rezzes.

Source: Know Necro and Gibbly.

in Necromancer

Enferian.2705

I was experimenting with a minion build that has fetid consumption (minions draw 1 condition every 10 secs) without using CC and along with putrid mark it seemed to work fine. If u have your minions u can clear up to 5-6 conditions every 10 secs with seems pretty nice to me. Just an alternative.

It leads to a more passive condition removal which i think is a more friendly playstyle for new players.

I m in no way say saying that minion builds are stronger than others overall, i just think they are easier to play up to a decent point.

Anyway this is the build i used:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBmODbkQrUvVzXjePBIpIaqnewN4hDpYXpB-TsAA2CtIcS5kzJjTSnsON+YFyGBA

I often changed items or traits though.
For example sometimes i used dagger instead of axe. And i often changed the off hand too and used a stack-on-kill sigil with it (sigil of summoning was fun for hotjoins but i never tried in in tpvp). When i used focus a also took spiteful talisman in spite.

(edited by Enferian.2705)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

According to the link, in Soul Reaping it has Soul Marks. But it should be Foot in the Grave for Deathhroud stomps/rezzes.

Source: Know Necro and Gibbly.

I suppose I should note that that was a small change from his own build. However, it makes the build significantly easier to play (more LF generation) and takes off the requirement to do DS stomp/rez which are fairly difficult to learn if you don’t know the timing.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Towelie.4637

Towelie.4637

Is the staff still good without the trait in it ? I mean the radius is really small and it can be block… I was about to try a minion build when i saw that i would have to sacrifice the minion or the staff.

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I don’t like staff without greater marks. And I always take a staff, even in minion builds. I suppose you don’t really need to but it’s a great defensive and utility weapon.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.