My night as a warrior

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thor Rising.7850

Thor Rising.7850

After playing stronghold all weekend on my necromancer main, I was getting sick of my low mobility and essentially being forced to bunker the lords room with the celestial build. Mesmers and Warriors would CC lock me constantly despite having 4 stunbreaks, so i decided to try out warrior for the first time.

Made a warrior and started doing pvp right after leveling some with tomes to get better rewards from loot bags. I just grabbed the meta GS/Ham build off metabattle and didn’t bother reading the traits or weapon skills.

The difference was immediately apparent. On warrior I’m tankier than my necro in the celestial tank build, have more damage output, and about 5 times the mobility. Constant 25% move speed boost without needing to use a utility slot for it. Two different immunity to conditions abilities, an immunity to damage ability (which is doubled by one from my traits) and of course stability with a stunbreak built in. Oh and let’s not forget Rampage which makes Lich Form seem like a useless waste.

In the first game I rapidly learned that it would require 3 players to really take me down. If I was stuck in a losing 2v1 I would just activate Rampage and kill them both with its massive crowd control and hitting around 5 to 7k with each ability. If rampage was on cooldown I would just swap to GS and run away using 3 and 5. It was amazing being able to both stand and fight without worrying about crowd control locking me down, and still be able to run from a losing fight. I still haven’t actually died from a 1v1 in about 10 warrior games played, I just run away if I’m losing, which is rare.

Let’s talk about Rampage. Not a single person was able to successfully kite my rampage, unless you count running through the gate back behind the wall, and usually that was ele’s in their downstate mist form. I was regularly hitting 7k and sometimes I would land 10k crits on light armor classes. It actually outshines thief backstab damage haha. You are also virtually immune to crowd control, conditions, and damage with your massive health bar. Let’s not forget that it’s only a 100 second cooldown after the ability finishes, all 20 seconds of god mode.

The point of this post is, why the hell have I been slamming my head against a wall trying to make necromancer work in PvP all this time when it’s this easy on other classes? It was 3 games before I actually read all my hammer abilities and I was still winning every fight. Granted in high tier, people will be better at countering and kiting than in the stronghold beta, but warrior is the easiest pug stomp I have ever played.

I guess I’ll be playing warrior until they balance this broken class, might as well get my Champion Legionnaire title while it’s this easy. Good luck my necromancer brothers, there isn’t a build out there that can stand toe to toe with warrior or mesmer in their current state.

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Oh and let’s not forget Rampage which makes Lich Form seem like a useless waste.

Atm Rampage is the most broken op thing in the history of guild wars, and every warrior using it (so everyone) should be ashamed of themselves.

Other than that your post mostly reflects that warrior has a way lower skill floor than necro.

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

Other than that your post mostly reflects that warrior has a way lower skill floor than necro.

You just said what i was thinking.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I think you totally forgot to mention that people need to dodge your dodges to boot

ah yes CoCo self vuln stacks plus 18 stacks of might.
got better potential than “OP” lich 1 spam

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

Maybe you found your calling in the warrior class
Also plague counters Rampage as well as it counters lich

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: CastIron.7364

CastIron.7364

Funnily I made a resembling experience when I dusted off my full soldier WvW warrior today. I quickly put together whatever was related to shouts and hammer and went into EB. Note that I don’t even have proper runes but only Soldier Crests.
I wasn’t surprised by how tanky I was – I was full soldier after all – but how easily I was able to outsustain most damage that was put on me during skirmishes. Auto-proccing shouts and my own two utility shouts healed me an my allies for about 1k while the healing signet gave me roughly 300 hps.
But what was most surprising to me was that I hit my enemies for 1k damage with my hammer without crits. I could have stood there and laughed if I felt like it.

We can all now say fancy things about skill floor and skill ceiling but I feel the risk-reward is severely skewed in the favor of certain classes (nothing new duh).

Oh yeah, it was also really refreshing to not be the first one to get focused down.

Shaak ~
Played build right now: “Cele” Base Necro with Axe WvW Roaming
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Lich feels like sack of hot air right now. Too many nerfs. I started using Hounds of Balthazar and other elites like Mistfire Wolf as I search for better options. Lich is more vulnerable, less capable, and less damaging than I want to cast on myself, anymore. It is starting to feel like Moa.

Why give up dagger damage for Lich?

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Lich feels like sack of hot air right now. Too many nerfs. I started using Hounds of Balthazar and other elites like Mistfire Wolf as I search for better options. Lich is more vulnerable, less capable, and less damaging than I want to cast on myself, anymore. It is starting to feel like Moa.

Why give up dagger damage for Lich?

Yeah I’ve never been big on lich mysef either for WvW roaming. I usually take hounds or reaper. Of grenth….man I hope they don’t do anything with reaper of Grenth before reaper gets here. ;-;

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Pelopidas.2140

because it still pulses stability, 1 hit is like a 3hit dagger chain that almost always crits, and above all it is ranged??
It just got overnerfed while kitten like rampage run wild

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

The only use for lich is being the ultimate trollstomp in game.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Thor Rising.7850

Maybe you found your calling in the warrior class
Also plague counters Rampage as well as it counters lich

Plague also has a much higher cooldown and doesn’t threaten the warrior at all. I definitely have not found my calling.with warrior. It feels like beating up bronzes in league with a 15 kill 6 item tryndamere that is somehow immune to crowd control as well as damage.

What I’m saying is a no skill cap class shouldn’t be able to crush opponents that are experienced and playing well. Not to say warrior has no skillcap, but if I (a complete newb to the warrior class) can dominate PvP against people playing their mains, than anyone can.

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

I guess I’ll be playing warrior until they balance this broken class, might as well get my Champion Legionnaire title while it’s this easy. Good luck my necromancer brothers, there isn’t a build out there that can stand toe to toe with warrior or mesmer in their current state.

I guess I’ll be playing warrior until they balance this broken class,

until they balance this broken class,

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Three years in and they still haven’t balanced it. Hope doth spring eternal, though.

ArenaNet; fantastic combat system, crap class balance (with their extreme bias and favoritism not helping the situation).

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

(edited by Kraag Deadsoul.2789)

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

I too recently decided to try out a warrior.

I’ve never felt like more of a troll. It’s so ridiculously easy compared to anything else I’ve played in this game (I haven’t really played guardians, but I’ve got some experience with everything else).

Tarnished Coast

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Thor Rising.7850

I’ve never felt like more of a troll. It’s so ridiculously easy compared to anything else I’ve played in this game (I haven’t really played guardians, but I’ve got some experience with everything else).

And the worst part of it is that it feels so much more effective and effortless compared to every class I’ve PvPed on (which is everything except ranger). Necromancers are like pinballs when you’re playing warrior, just knock them around until they don’t get up anymore.

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

And the worst part of it is that it feels so much more effective and effortless compared to every class I’ve PvPed on (which is everything except ranger). Necromancers are like pinballs when you’re playing warrior, just knock them around until they don’t get up anymore.

I beat the “meta” zerk warr build 1v1 at the start of matches most of the time using the cele build. Basically plague out the rampage if they pop it, use corrupts and SA to wear them down, until they’re lower than 50% then the might really starts to build. After that its game over for them.

But honestly I’m sad that you can’t be bothered to play a more challenging class, because necro is really good despite what you think. Maybe come back with reaper, which will have tons more stability and down cleave, which will probably feel like a warrior with less mobility, but more condi pressure and natural tankiness.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odeezee.7362

Odeezee.7362

But honestly I’m sad that you can’t be bothered to play a more challenging class, because necro is really good despite what you think. Maybe come back with reaper, which will have tons more stability and down cleave, which will probably feel like a warrior with less mobility, but more condi pressure and natural tankiness.

such kittenty advice and if the Reaper Spec is our savior then Anet have learned nothing and can’t make Necro whole for kitten. Make the core profession solid AS WELL AS making the Reaper attractive and viable.

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krileon.8913

Krileon.8913

It’s funny you say all this. My solider MM bunker necromancer is constantly killing warriors. I really only have trouble with elementalist or a skilled mesmer. No one else poses much of a threat. In fact I dropped a warrior and thief at the same time .Then the warrior again and a guardian at same time just yesterday. I held their home point the entire match; none on their team could kill me 1v1 or 2v1.

I’m just throwing this out there, but maybe you are just no good as a necromancer? Maybe warrior is the class for you instead?

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Pelopidas.2140

if you play MM bunker you dont get to call anyone a bad necromancer

such kittenty advice and if the Reaper Spec is our savior then Anet have learned nothing and can’t make Necro whole for kitten. Make the core profession solid AS WELL AS making the Reaper attractive and viable.

if anet gets the tankiness of the reaper correctly it will be epic

(edited by Pelopidas.2140)

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

The point of this post is, why the hell have I been slamming my head against a wall trying to make necromancer work in PvP all this time

Because it’s fun? If you main it you obviously like it. And having fun should be what’s most important.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

Also OP, I think that cele necro is the best conquest necro build, but in stronghold it doesn’t do as well since quicker kills and smaller fights seem more important, so I actually think a condi burst type spec would work better in stronghold than in conquest.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

I beat the “meta” zerk warr build 1v1 at the start of matches most of the time using the cele build. Basically plague out the rampage if they pop it, use corrupts and SA to wear them down, until they’re lower than 50% then the might really starts to build. After that its game over for them.

Uhhh, pretty sure both myself and the OP MAIN necro, so don’t know why you’re talking down to us about playing more challenging classes.

I didn’t say necro wasn’t good, and I love playing my necro. And I play WvW, not sPvP (primarily because the people in sPvP are extremely salty. I’ve been playing MOBAs for 2 years and I thought they were being jerks).

But the skill floor is obviously different on these two classes, and that’s the problem. If necro is going to be more challenging to play, it should be more rewarding to play (not fun-rewarding, but gamewise)…but it seems like for less effort the warrior can do as much if not more than the necro. That’s what the OPs post was getting at, but it seems like you were too busy coming in here to tell us how good you are versus warriors to bother really reading and understanding it.

Tarnished Coast

My night as a warrior

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

Uhhh, pretty sure both myself and the OP MAIN necro, so don’t know why you’re talking down to us about playing more challenging classes.

I didn’t say necro wasn’t good, and I love playing my necro. And I play WvW, not sPvP (primarily because the people in sPvP are extremely salty. I’ve been playing MOBAs for 2 years and I thought they were being jerks).

But the skill floor is obviously different on these two classes, and that’s the problem. If necro is going to be more challenging to play, it should be more rewarding to play (not fun-rewarding, but gamewise)…but it seems like for less effort the warrior can do as much if not more than the necro. That’s what the OPs post was getting at, but it seems like you were too busy coming in here to tell us how good you are versus warriors to bother really reading and understanding it.

And I was criticizing the part of his post where he implied that necromancers were easy to deal with as a warrior by implying that it isn’t always true should the necromancer know what he’s doing.

That’s all. I want to stick up for the class that I main. People can play whatever class they want, but I want people to have a more positive opinion about the necromancer because it is a good class and I feel that it is truly capable of doing great things, but people discredit that because they find the pvp “meta” specs to be much easier. And I don’t really know if it’s easier, but it’s people just copying what’s listed as meta on metabattle and adapting to that, even if non meta classes and builds have a lot of potential if the player adapts to it and makes a build that can be great in both teamfights and 1v1.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

(edited by nearlight.3064)