NEW SKILL/DAMAGE MITIGATION

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

RIGAMORTIS: DS 6 based skill or a utility skill (lets workshop it a bit):

Potential example with DS: After entering DS the necromancer can hit DS6 which turns him into a corpse, which essentially locks him out of all combat skills. The necromancer takes no damage while in the state of rigamortis (no DS drain) for a specified period of time, while being unable to move or do damage. (Caveat – condi damage continues to tick)

Potential Utility skill: Necromancer utility skill that turns the necromancer into a corpse. which essentially locks him out of all combat skills. The necromancer takes no damage while in the state of rigamortis for a specified period of time, and is unable to move or do attack. (Caveat – condi damage continues to tick).

Either of these woudl be skill based, and would allow the necro to mitgate damage when being focus fired.

What do you think? Graphic could be cool, necromancer sinks into the ground (is burried) and then re-emerges before the timer runs out. or just turns into a stinking corpse.

They could tie a poison cloud to it at the end, in that if someone is near you when you emerge or stand up, you belt out a kitten ton of poison.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I Think Almost Every Other Class Has a skill that let’s them be invulnerable, move normally, and attack normally but that would just be way too op for a necro……

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

Right, which is not what I am suggesting. I am suggesting a skill that immobilizes us, plants us in the ground, does not let us attack and is short in duration, to just break up a focus fire event.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

I guess my point is it is bullkitten that the other classes get those and the best we could possible ask for is a few seconds of being a kittening statue.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Well currently a slyvari necro can do this with take root already. And that is an elite, so respectively I don’t think having it would be that overpowered. Consequently I wouldn’t take it as a utility or elite though, as standing there not taking damage is just a pretty pointless delay move. I would much prefer something that causes a de-target (ala feign death) and a poison/chill effect in a nova, on a resonably short cooldown.

The big problem is there is no de-target. People pick a necro, and spam skills till they die with classes that have super strong ranged attacks. With no detarget, unless we get out of range or break LOS, we just get continuously hammered. A detarget would at least make people have to locate us again.

Or DS2 could just drop target, which would be the best and easiest solution requiring no new skills.

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

Agree Rennoko. WHat about if the animation sequence effectively detargeted the necro, as he sunk into the ground, which would require a retarget when he emerged.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

If he’s emerging in the same spot he is still just as dead.

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

hmm, i guess another good point, but if he emerged in a random point hahaha.

That would be fun, interesting, and potentially bad hahaha

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Maybe that could be the Tele we want, give it a 900 range make it a stun break and we get to pick where we pop back up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i’m still pretty mystified that they gave a skill so infamously tied to vampires to elementalist; mist form. they want us to be vampiric but not make it work at all.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Wait you figured out I was basically talking about mist form! Winner!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Uberkafros.5431

Uberkafros.5431

I would prefere some actuall stability before invulnerability.
Our stability is non existent.

in Necromancer

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Agreed. From what I can tell only Well of Power offers 1 sec of stability and thats it.It doesn’t even last as long as the well either.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Agreed. From what I can tell only Well of Power offers 1 sec of stability and thats it.It doesn’t even last as long as the well either.

It’s not really meant to be a source of stability, it just makes sure the skill executes.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

It’s not really meant to be a source of stability, it just makes sure the skill executes.

Yes the funny part, you can actually corrupt boon someone casting WOP right after they use the skill and after the stun-break, but BEFORE the well goes down since it has a 1/4 second cast time, and it will fear them and prevent the well from casting.

Sort of a lazy way to make sure the well goes off. They could have just made the well instant cast, but that might have looked akward to just have the black pool appear with no cast animation.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KiteoHatto.7018

KiteoHatto.7018

I have an idea….
Grenth’s embrace [Elite]
Cost: 25% of total life force Cooldown:80s
On cast places a well where you are standing and cloaks you, removes movement impairing conditions and you are invisible for 10s or until you attack/use a skill/dodge roll. If you stay in the well while cloaked then you regenerate 2.5% life force per second, meaning if you dont run away then you get that 25% LF back.

This will give us an escape skill or will let us buy 10s of cooldowns for various skills :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Well currently a slyvari necro can do this with take root already. And that is an elite, so respectively I don’t think having it would be that overpowered. Consequently I wouldn’t take it as a utility or elite though, as standing there not taking damage is just a pretty pointless delay move. I would much prefer something that causes a de-target (ala feign death) and a poison/chill effect in a nova, on a resonably short cooldown.

The big problem is there is no de-target. People pick a necro, and spam skills till they die with classes that have super strong ranged attacks. With no detarget, unless we get out of range or break LOS, we just get continuously hammered. A detarget would at least make people have to locate us again.

Or DS2 could just drop target, which would be the best and easiest solution requiring no new skills.

Detargeting and invis are very cheap moves, but also worthless against at least 1/3 of the skills in game since they dont require targeting/can be used trough pure combat mode.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

I would take a detarget all day. Honestly it should maybe be a death shroud trait. Trait for some sort of stealth I mean it is called a shroud and with the way necromancer are in gw2 it’s not unreasonable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Detargeting is completely against our playstyle, as is invis and things like that. Invulns aren’t all that great imo largely just because of PvP and the fact that it stops counting for capping a point, otherwise I wouldn’t worry.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build