Necro Changes!

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Necromancer
Blood Bond: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to have an incorrect internal cooldown. Fixed a bug that prevented the actual healing values from matching those listed in the skill facts. This trait will no longer attempt to activate Lesser Signet of Vampirism if the player is either out of range or does not have a line of sight to the target.
Signet of Vampirism: Fixed a bug that prevented the actual healing values from matching those listed in the skill facts.
Corrosive Poison Cloud: Updated this skill to destroy projectiles that enter its area. Increased the poison stacks from 3 to 4 stacks and reduced their duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. Decreased the duration from 12 seconds to 8 seconds. Increased the frequency pulses from every 3 seconds to every 2 seconds.
Rending Claws: Increased the range to 900. Increased damage by 10%.
Ghastly Claws: Increased the range to 900.
Unholy Feast: Decreased the recharge from 15 seconds to 12 seconds.
Signet of Spite: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to apply 1 stack of vulnerability instead of 5.
Blood Curse: Decreased the bleeding duration from 5 seconds to 4.5 seconds.
Rending Curse: Decreased the bleeding duration from 5 seconds to 4.5 seconds.
Putrid Curse: Increased the poison duration from 4 seconds to 6 seconds. Now also applies bleeding for 4.5 seconds.
Grasping Dead: Increased damage by 14%. Increased bleeding duration from 7 seconds to 10 seconds. Increased cripple duration from 5 seconds to 7 seconds. This skill is no longer split and applies 3 stacks of bleeding in all game modes.
Feast of Corruption: Now grants 8% life-force gain on hit, plus 1% per additional condition on the target. Now applies 2 stacks of torment for 4 seconds on hit, plus 1 additional stack per condition on the target. No longer deals bonus damage per condition. Bonuses cap at 5 conditions.
Lingering Curse: Decreased effectiveness of the condition-duration extension to 50%.
Lich Form: Updated this transformation to no longer destroy your active minions.
Plague Form: Updated this transformation to no longer destroy your active minions.
Vampiric Aura: Updated this skill to no longer be applied to allied objects such as WvW siege weapons.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Inexplicable.4165

Inexplicable.4165

I like almost all of these changes, but axe is still terrible and Curses remain to be our worst traitline. The Lingering Curse nerf is a bit too harsh.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Those are great
There was indeed more than what was announced saturday (especially axe and scepter)

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Guess I have to lose my interest for the scepter… sigh I have to say that the max life force nerf on the scepter suck.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

ZudetGambeous.9573

I like almost all of these changes, but axe is still terrible and Curses remain to be our worst traitline. The Lingering Curse nerf is a bit too harsh.

Yeah I don’t understand the scepter changes… Scepter was behind about 30% dps wise.

So they buffed it 30%… then nerfed it 30%

What was the point?

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Amazing changes to Scepter! Those are really great, that slight buff to Grasping Dead and more reliable Life Force generation. And Blood Bond hopefully working as intended now.

Now I just need change to Parasitic Contagion, but even though I expected to see it in this patch, I got enough. Thank You, Geesus! So far so good.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

lingering curse nerf is horrible

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Lingering curse was NOT nerfed. They just moved half of it to be baseline for the scepter (you can do the maths, it works). But then that means the only new thing for the scepter is the increased damage on 2 and the change from damage to torment on 3 as well as the more reliable LF generation.

People wanted lingering curse to be baseline, well that is exactly what happened (though only half of it) so the scepter now does not ABSOLUTELY NEED lingering curse. That means better build diversity.
edit: also now instead of 2 long bleeds on AA we get 3 shorter bleeds. The total cumulated damage is the same but it is more bursty. A long bleed is a cleansed bleed!

(edited by Silverkey.2078)

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

is that it? No mention of the horrible axe animation? No reason to take the axe over staff? No curses fix? No soul reaping fix to reduce our dependency on it? No well of darkness fix? Nothing for healing in death shroud? Nothing about utility in death shroud?

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zelfic.1594

Zelfic.1594

Remember what Irenio said:

Hey all.

I just returned from San Francisco and am going to crash hard from the busy weekend at Twitch Con very soon, but first I wanted to clarify something:

During the skill balance stream on Friday we weren’t able to go into depth or even talk about the reasons and expected results for changes we did reach due to time constraints[sub]1[/sub]. Because the June 23rd patch was mentioned during the stream many people seem to expect a patch of that size and magnitude.

This coming patch is NOT that big.

Tuesday’s patch will have those changes we discussed in the livestream, some bugfixes, and more, but it is a step in the right direction. It is not the end-all.

There shall be more.

1. (Although maybe Ice Bow 4 changes didn’t really need explanation)

So let’s try to give our feedback in an orderly (and nice, if possible) manner so that Robert Gee can take it into account for the oncoming patches.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: kuben.9826

kuben.9826

Scepter and axe rework sucks.
Axe range increase is k, but weapon still has nothing good to offer. 10% AA boost made me lmfao.
Scepter – lingering curse nerf is too bad, it was already bad weapon. #3 now generates less lifeforce than b4. And I was hoping for something like 7 seconds of torment (10 with lingering curse). Mesmer’s scepter block has more than 100% uptime on 5 torment stacks

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

is that it? No mention of the horrible axe animation? No reason to take the axe over staff? No curses fix? No soul reaping fix to reduce our dependency on it? No well of darkness fix? Nothing for healing in death shroud? Nothing about utility in death shroud?

Well… no nothing. I mean… Reaper shroud will be awesome, why do you care about death shroud and base necromancer.
I’m not especially fan of these “awesome change to scepter and axe”, it feel like they don’t want to aknowledge some real issue.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Yeah I don’t understand the scepter changes… Scepter was behind about 30% dps wise.

What was the point?

So I never actually played with the scepter since Lingering Curse’s implementation but I thought it might have been because Lingering Curse was contributing to the condition duration cap?

Also I reckon it’s probably for the better because even if it did cap your condi duration Lingering Curse was an autopick and autopicks are not good to have. Since Lingering Curses is no longer so strong they can comfortably buff the base scepter if the changes they’ve made don’t raise its popularity.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

If people had been reading comments on the twitch on thread that read “wait for the actual changes, not the preview.”

I found two differences.

Axe 1 got a 10% damage buff.

Hopefully that is a coefficient scaling buff and not a base damage buff. Even with a flat 10% buff, the skill Isn’t really worth using as it neither stacks vulnerability nor does damage well.

This just brings axe 1 (but not 2+ 3) to the pre axe training nerf status quo. (Axe was horrible and the worst weapon in the game then too).

Scepter 3 got its bonus damage removed.

So the average power scaling damage was replaced by really poor condition scaling torment. I think this is a nerf for most of the builds actually using scepter (like celestial signets), unless your amulet had no power on it at all.

PS. Guardian shield got fixed. Axe now unanimously the most neglected, worst weapon in the game.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Onerios.4962

Onerios.4962

It does feel as though something is missing. I mean, none of the changes are bad, the poison cloud change is good in that it now has a potentially useful function and by moving power from lingering curse into baseline scepter you effectively buff condi pvp builds, but it just does not seem quite enough to change anything meaningful.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

The blood bond, signet of vampirism, CPC, and Signet of Spite changes/fixes are extremely welcome.

The axe changes are ok, but I was hoping for more of a damage buff to Rending and Ghastly claws OR more damage modifiers in traitlines (not just for axe).

The scepter changes seem nice for choice between which grandmaster to take in curses, but I don’t know that they’re a solid enough buff.

I was also hoping for a Parasitic Contagion healing through shroud buff. :’(

Gee definitely seems to balance in a methodical manner, so this may not be everything that’s on his mind. If nothing else, I look forward to seeing Robert’s reasoning for leaving other changes out and/or why he sees them as not necessary.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

Awesome stuff guys. Straight buffs is a blessing of its own. Making grasping dead even better is crazy to me.

Personally I think having 7 stacks of torment on command is going to be fun in pve. I.E. hitting it when the boss starts moving. Axe should be a lot more usable on ranged fights.

[EG] is recruiting!

(edited by Mega Skeleton.8259)

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Axe changes look good. Not sure they went far enough, but at least the new range and better autoattack damage will make it a more competitive choice to the Dagger when getting up close is inadvisable. The 10% damage increase to autoattack could be nice, though I suspect it’s still almost always going to be better to switch to Life Blast if you really need to sit and auto.

Scepter changes were a little weird. Adding Torment stacks to 3 is nice but I’m not convinced this will help it compete with the condition builds from other professions, particularly since they nerfed its condition durations rather severely. And Scepter still needs more LF generation.

We knew about the changes to Corrosive Poison Cloud, but I’m still really excited for them. I’ve recently started to really get into Fractals so I’m tickled pink at actually being able to do something to help my team against heavy projectile threats, most notably the harpies in the Uncategorized fractal.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Love the changes to CPC and scepter.

Axe range is good.
Unholy Feast cd reduction is a nice surprise. I actually made this suggestion once so Unholy Fervor would eliminate the cd conflict of Spiteful Spirit with Shroud.

Rending Claws: … Increased damage by 10%.

OP, too strong, pls nerf.
I guess this is just supposed to be a small band-aid until this skill gets a serious rework?

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZDragon.3046

ZDragon.3046

I feel like in smaller fights these scepter changes are actually pretty good. On large scale fights not so much. The 8% + 1% per condi makes it more reliable in small scenario situations. It’s much more reliable than the 3% per condi if you are the only one applying conditions. The torment will possibly add as nice spike burst in condi dps personally im not sure why damage was ever attached to scepter 3 in the first place its a condi weapon not a raw damage weapon. The AA changes don’t wow me but its an AA how many professions do you know that have a AA chain that applies conditions without traits? You cant expect AA with the same burst as engi using p/p.

Ramp up is still going to be painfully slow sadly which they just need to do away with. The attack speed could have been adjusted slightly to make up for this but what can you do right…

Adding 1 bleed to grasping dead and making it longer baseline is not really that much of a buff. The thing thats going to make and break scepter here is the 3 skill. So once people start playing around with it we will know quick if scepter became more useless than it already was imo.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: splatticus.1278

splatticus.1278

Spot the error.

Attachments:

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I think everything’s fine. Axe range and slight extra damage really helps and I think most reaper builds will run GS axe/horn if they go for a bruiser build with no condition damage.

About lingering curses, I mean you were already gimping yourself by running this over weakening shroud, so I see no difference. Weakness spam>slightly longer cleansed bleeds.

About losing extra power damage on scepter, this probably kills it for celestial builds. I’ll be doing damage tests comparing rabid and carrion but I don’t expect it to be a huge or impactful nerf for condition damage builds, even if a huge amount (33%ish) of condi necro damage right now has ironically been power based.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

ZudetGambeous.9573

What was the point?

So I never actually played with the scepter since Lingering Curse’s implementation but I thought it might have been because Lingering Curse was contributing to the condition duration cap?

Also I reckon it’s probably for the better because even if it did cap your condi duration Lingering Curse was an autopick and autopicks are not good to have. Since Lingering Curses is no longer so strong they can comfortably buff the base scepter if the changes they’ve made don’t raise its popularity.

It didn’t contribute to the condition duration cap. It increased the base duration of the scepter attacks.

Before changes → max 26 stacks of bleed, 4 stacks of poison, ~15% per skill 3

After Changes→ Max 26 stacks of bleed, 4 stacks of poison, ~12% LF per skill 3, 5 stacks torment

Overall we LOSE LF gain and gain 5 stacks of torment. This is assuming you have 40% CD food.

Not really what we needed imo. Dagger 4/5 needs a LF gain, and scepter durations need to go back up.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

ZDragon.3046

Spot the error.

LOL not scaling with movement wtf xD

Well yeah that skills useless af

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odeezee.7362

Odeezee.7362

wtf is wrong with you people? sorry but can you not see that other than CPC now Blocking (the only actual buff to Necros btw) everything else is either reshuffling or a straight up nerf? PLEASE view these changes logically in the context of the game as a whole and NOT just in the context of Necros alone; we don’t get many buffs at all so all positive words without any actual substance seem like a buff to some Necros.

Robert and the balance team i am soooo disappointed in your efforts. Base Necro is the profession in most need of assistance to make it competitive come HoT, having an okay elite spec, and yes compared to ALL the professions and their base/elite specs as a whole Reaper is just okay, we will yet again be left behind if this is all you have to offer us. why can’t you devs just buff the profession outright for once? always coming from behind, this kitten is getting ridiculous and i am not buying this expac if Necro does not improve SMH.

(edited by Odeezee.7362)

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: splatticus.1278

splatticus.1278

Spot the error.

Well, the upside is that my very short and basic testing seemed to indicate that it’s only the tooltip that is wrong, the torment still works as it should. :P

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

wtf is wrong with you people? sorry but can you not see that other than CPC now Blocking (the only actual buff to Necros btw) everything else is either reshuffling or a straight up nerf? PLEASE view these changes logically in the context of the game as a whole and NOT just in the context of Necros alone; we don’t get many buffs at all so all positive words without any actual substance seem like a buff to some Necros.

Robert and the balance team i am soooo disappointed in your efforts. Base Necro is the profession in most need of assistance to make it competitive come HoT, having an okay elite spec, and yes compared to ALL the professions and their base/elite specs as a whole Reaper is just okay, we will yet again be left behind if this is all you have to offer us. why can’t you devs just buff the profession outright for once? always coming from behind, this kitten is getting ridiculous and i am not buying this expac is Necro does not improve SMH.

I can’t agree with you. Reaper is solid and certainly more than most of the other elite spec. On the other hand, he won’t contribute much more to the team than a core necro… But he is solid and exceptionnaly pleasant to play!

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

nekretaal.6485

Reaper isn’t solid… it’s hard countered by anybody with a ranged weapon.

Life blast and doom are gone & scepter/axe/staff provide next to nothing damage.

Until the weapons are fixed, reaper is garbage.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

ZDragon.3046

Spot the error.

Well, the upside is that my very short and basic testing seemed to indicate that it’s only the tooltip that is wrong, the torment still works as it should. :P

Its alot shorter than i expeced 4 seconds is not very good for a 3 scepter skill. I was expecting at least a 5 second baseline for it.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odeezee.7362

Odeezee.7362

Robert and the balance team i am soooo disappointed in your efforts. Base Necro is the profession in most need of assistance to make it competitive come HoT, having an okay elite spec, and yes compared to ALL the professions and their base/elite specs as a whole Reaper is just okay, we will yet again be left behind if this is all you have to offer us. why can’t you devs just buff the profession outright for once? always coming from behind, this kitten is getting ridiculous and i am not buying this expac is Necro does not improve SMH.

I can’t agree with you. Reaper is solid and certainly more than most of the other elite spec. On the other hand, he won’t contribute much more to the team than a core necro… But he is solid and exceptionnaly pleasant to play!

ummm, sorry but being fun to play != being competitive. yes Reaper may be fun to play, but other profession are both fun to play AND competitively effective!!!!!

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: CCLegion.5936

CCLegion.5936

So, scepter just got a buff to both its baseline and it’s traited version. Total amount of baseline ticks increase. Total amount of traited ticks remain roughly the same but you stack AA bleeds faster.
Same with Grasping Dead. Minimal damage gain through partial ticks when traited but the baseline is stronger.
Feast of Corruption lost what never should’ve been there(power per condi on a condi weapon) and got some conditions and more reliable LF at the cost of max LF generation. Torment not scaling with movement is likely a skill fact bug.
CPC buff quite welcome even if it lost a few ticks in the process though it maintains higher stacks now. I’d say it’s a net gain.
Axe is a step in the right direction. Gonna have to play with it to make further comments.
Rest is mostly bug fixes.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

ZDragon.3046

Life blast and doom are gone & scepter/axe/staff provide next to nothing damage.

Thats called being fair reaper converts necro into a high pressure melee brawler. You cant expect it to have ranged pressure anymore of course its countered by range play. Thus its actually is solid.

The problem is baseline necro not Reaper.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

nekretaal.6485

You’re right that scepter is now the pur condition weapon that it always should have been.

But the fact remains that scepter scales on nothing right now. The power coeffients are the worst the the game & the condition coefficients are even worse.

Are scepter users supposed to be running Nomad’s?

Serious question.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

ZDragon.3046

So, scepter just got a buff to both its baseline and it’s traited version. Total amount of baseline ticks increase. Total amount of traited ticks remain roughly the same but you stack AA bleeds faster.
Same with Grasping Dead. Minimal damage gain through partial ticks when traited but the baseline is stronger.
Feast of Corruption lost what never should’ve been there(power per condi on a condi weapon) and got some conditions and more reliable LF at the cost of max LF generation. Torment not scaling with movement is likely a skill fact bug.
CPC buff quite welcome even if it lost a few ticks in the process though it maintains higher stacks now. I’d say it’s a net gain.
Axe is a step in the right direction. Gonna have to play with it to make further comments.
Rest is mostly bug fixes.

^

Thank you for understanding that
“Feast of Corruption lost what never should’ve been there(power per condi on a condi weapon) and got some conditions and more reliable LF at the cost of max LF generation.”

I could get why people would be mad over that if AA and 2 had more power connected to them but because they dont and are condition based it made no sense to have a power based bonus on a condition weapon and that should have never been written that way to start. If anything the axe 3 should have had that kind of bonus attached instead. Axe is a power weapon yet its 3 skill has boon conversion to condition WTF :/

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stilgar.6437

Stilgar.6437

not as many things as i hoped for, its a very tiny balance patch. but what was implemented is pretty good imo. Scepter is better now (more bursty is better then condi duration), CPC is much better, axe changes are a good start (needs a lot more though). What i would like is LF generation on off hand dagger, Its the weapon with most scepter synergy but your LF generation is very bad. Dunno why dagger is the only offhand without LF skills. Adding some LF there would be huge to really bring scepter condi into meta pvp.

Good start, but there is lot of work still to be done.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

nekretaal.6485

Thats called being fair reaper converts necro into a high pressure melee brawler. You cant expect it to have ranged pressure anymore of course its countered by range play. Thus its actually is solid.

“High pressure melee brawler.”. —→. No defenses close ranged slow highly telegraphed glass cannon, with no other means of pressure. (and middle of the pack DPS in optimal circumstances)

This game shouldn’t be throwing around hard counters so generously.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: CCLegion.5936

CCLegion.5936

You’re right that scepter is now the pur condition weapon that it always should have been.

But the fact remains that scepter scales on nothing right now. The power coeffients are the worst the the game & the condition coefficients are even worse.

Serious question.

I’d say we play with the changes, see what works and what doesn’t and then come back to Robert Gee with feedback once we tried a few different builds.
As said by Irenio, there shall be more patches.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Serious question.

I do agree that the coefficients are low, but the way I see it the only way to get the scepter buffed is if poison, torment, bleeding get their damaged buffed up and burning gets toned down. If they hadn’t chickened out on the Condi buffs they promised at the spec patch we wouldn’t be In The mess we are today.

But on a positive note I am happy with what we got, axe got a much needed range increase and slight damage buff, scepter has scaling torment now and I’d say slight better LF gain, not really happy about the duration changes but really can’t wait to get home and try the changes out for myself.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Mega Skeleton.8259

Spot the error.

Its alot shorter than i expeced 4 seconds is not very good for a 3 scepter skill. I was expecting at least a 5 second baseline for it.

Well, remember it’s 6 seconds traited, then any condition duration you’ve got on your food/utility or runes.

[EG] is recruiting!

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

I was using “solid” with the meaning “can endure a beating”. I never said that it was perfect. He lack everything that would give him some value for a group but, as a solo player in some easy content, he is by far the most enjoyable to play.

Power scepter user are screwed. But it please the condi scepter lot so… whatever.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brayzz.6524

Brayzz.6524

Poison cloud is best change here, projectile block is important in fractals.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

ZudetGambeous.9573

not as many things as i hoped for, its a very tiny balance patch. but what was implemented is pretty good imo. Scepter is better now (more bursty is better then condi duration), CPC is much better, axe changes are a good start (needs a lot more though). What i would like is LF generation on off hand dagger, Its the weapon with most scepter synergy but your LF generation is very bad. Dunno why dagger is the only offhand without LF skills. Adding some LF there would be huge to really bring scepter condi into meta pvp.

Good start, but there is lot of work still to be done.

Bursty AND duration is what we need. We shouldn’t have to debate which form of 30% less dps we have to take… we should be competitive in our dps.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Mega Skeleton.8259

What? The only nerf here is that scepter AA needs to finish its combo chain to be at its old levels, however it will pile up DPS faster so it is more practical in reality. However, it is a lot better untraited now. Otherwise they increased damage on 2, added torment on 3 (some LF loss), and straight buffed the axe, improved some QOL stuff and bug fixes. Please tell me what you’re referring to.

[EG] is recruiting!

(edited by Mega Skeleton.8259)

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

ZDragon.3046

“High pressure melee brawler.”. —->. No defenses close ranged slow highly telegraphed glass cannon, with no other means of pressure. (and middle of the pack DPS in optimal circumstances)

This game shouldn’t be throwing around hard counters so generously.

All games do. There wouldnt be much point to any game if things didnt have hard counters it would mean that any profession would do nothing better than the other in any situation. While gw2 is a bit more free with this as many professions can do many different things the majority of them still do have counter play to them. Remember these elite specs offer more options to the profession they are not advancements that will forever change your character. This is necro’s melee option.

For what it is alone, just looking at reaper itself its ok… its not the best but its not bad either. Sure it could be better in many ways with the changes of a few traits but…. its still pretty solid. I would say the most un-solid one right now by just eyeballing them would be Dragon hunter and Druid. Not every ranged weapon will promise defeat of the reaper either. Ive beaten quite a few rifle engi’s and longbow rangers with it. Its harder but still doable. Not impossible.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Clairenix.2780

Clairenix.2780

Tons of text, mostly just bug fixes. Necromancer status: No Progress, just got back on my rails.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

ZudetGambeous.9573

What? The only nerf here is that scepter AA needs to finish its combo chain to be at its old levels. However, it is a lot better untraited now. Otherwise they increased damage on 2, added torment on 3 (some LF loss), and straight buffed the axe, improved some QOL stuff and bug fixes. Please tell me what you’re referring to.

All the “buffs” were completely undone by the MASSIVE nerf to linger curse.

Net gain: 0, LF nerfed.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Robert and the balance team i am soooo disappointed in your efforts. Base Necro is the profession in most need of assistance to make it competitive come HoT, having an okay elite spec, and yes compared to ALL the professions and their base/elite specs as a whole Reaper is just okay, we will yet again be left behind if this is all you have to offer us. why can’t you devs just buff the profession outright for once? always coming from behind, this kitten is getting ridiculous and i am not buying this expac if Necro does not improve SMH.

There is literally not a single nerf in that list.

Blood Bond: bugfix in our favor
Signet of Vampirism: bugfix in our favor
Corrosive Poison Cloud: huge buff
Rending Claws: buff
Ghastly Claws: buff
Unholy Feast: buff
Signet of Spite: bugfix in our favor
Blood curse, rending curse, putrid curse: must complete entire auto chain, buff when untraited, no change when traited
Grasping dead: buff, no change when traited
Lingering curse: no net change due to scepter buffs
Feast of Corruption: buff
Lich Form: buff
Plague: buff
Vampiric Aura: bugfix (I don’t play wvw so I don’t know if this is a cosmetic change, or if we made siege weapons do 40 more damage, but either way, insignificant)

Can you list the nerfs for me?

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

ZDragon.3046

Spot the error.

Well, remember it’s 6 seconds traited, then any condition duration you’ve got on your food/utility or runes.

I wouldnt take that trait over weakening shroud though. Weakening shroud will benifit you more than the 50% duration bonus. Honestly we could do away with the duration bonus completely and change that trait to apply bonus stacks on all scepter skills
AA
2 bleeds > 2 bleeds > 1 bleed 2 poison
Skill 2
Cant do much about the cripple here
4 bleeds instead of 3
Skill 3
3 stacks of base torment

^
This would make that scepter trait actually worth something imo. Over 50% duration

period. This would cause ramp up to spike to a much higher speed and make the weapon more bursty overall. Condition duration is becoming a lackluster thing on all other professions I dont see why necro is still being held back by it. IF we look at engi and mesmer their conditions don’t last very long but they hit very hard because of the number of stacks applied. Necros can’t apply very many stacks so they want to try and make up for it in condition duration…. not really a good bonus these days like it was back 2 years ago.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

wtf is wrong with you people?

I’m afflicted with the terrible diseases of patience, appropriate expectations, and perspective.

sorry but can you not see that other than CPC now Blocking (the only actual buff to Necros btw) everything else is either reshuffling or a straight up nerf?

The Axe changes were all straight buffs. Transforms no longer destroying minions is a straight buff.

We could’ve gotten more (and I wish we had gotten more), but it’s silly to get yourself worked up over changes to a video game. I’ve let myself do that in the past and it’s a total waste of time and well-being.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Necro Changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Something to note now is that axe auto now deals a bit higher damage than staff auto. This is after accounting for weapon strength.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver