Balance Changes

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Even if pets get 2000+ condition damage, their condition application and spread is bad. You would have to stack 3 lines just to get some stacks of bleeding up with an additional condition from the F2.

The point of the change is for the pets that apply conditions to not be absolutely worthless and to contribute to damage, but not be the be all end all condition appliers.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Most Dangerous Game

• You gain 3 stack of 10s might every 3 seconds.
  • You also gain 3 stacks of 10s vulnerability every 3 seconds.
  • No health treshhold, but dangerous play.
  • You can get hit for up to 10% more damage from all sources, even conditions.
  • The fun part is that you can condition cleanse the vulnerability while holding on to the might, but it’ll be back in full force 10 seconds later.
  • your condition removal will lose its effectiveness since there is always the vulnerability to remove.
  • vulnerability not affected by own condition duration. Might is still affected by boon duration.

Talk about Most Dangerous Game. The name would be very fitting and it would also be fun to try out and not be tied down by the health treshold.

(edited by Holland.9351)

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Most Dangerous Game

• You gain 3 stack of 10s might every 3 seconds.
  • You also gain 3 stacks of 10s vulnerability every 3 seconds.
  • No health treshhold, but dangerous play.
  • You can get hit for up to 10% more damage from all sources, even conditions.
  • The fun part is that you can condition cleanse the vulnerability while holding on to the might, but it’ll be back in full force 10 seconds later.
  • your condition removal will lose its effectiveness since there is always the vulnerability to remove.
  • vulnerability not affected by own condition duration. Might is still affected by boon duration.

Talk about Most Dangerous Game. The name would be very fitting and it would also be fun to try out and not be tied down by the health treshold.

OMG MAN U’R A GENIUS!!!!! best idea for MDG I have yet to c.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Irenio CalmonHuang

Irenio CalmonHuang

Game Designer

Hey all.

I just returned from San Francisco and am going to crash hard from the busy weekend at Twitch Con very soon, but first I wanted to clarify something:

During the skill balance stream on Friday we weren’t able to go into depth or even talk about the reasons and expected results for changes we did reach due to time constraints[sub]1[/sub]. Because the June 23rd patch was mentioned during the stream many people seem to expect a patch of that size and magnitude.

This coming patch is NOT that big.

Tuesday’s patch will have those changes we discussed in the livestream, some bugfixes, and more, but it is a step in the right direction. It is not the end-all.

There shall be more.

1. (Although maybe Ice Bow 4 changes didn’t really need explanation)

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Cheers, then for the update. Sleep well!

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Hopefully there will still be a mad-dash type of feeling when you see ice bow, similar to when you see a fiery greatsword, still.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Irenio has been a godsend for the ranger class. Everything he has done for the ranger looks like its amazing. With the being said I feel like “Spirits” being the rangers strongest group support ability still need some fixes. The first of which being Spirit of nature which is an ELITE skill that is immobile and only has a 240 range on its effect. Sprites being immobile really kills their usefulness but as long as Anet is heart-set on them being immobile they should at least make them stong and able to effect the battlefield they have been planted near.

I think they said they would do that last patch. Instead they made them useless.

If Spirit of Nature going to be immobile forever, the CD should be cut-down to 60..

Radius should be 600.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Hey all.

I just returned from San Francisco and am going to crash hard from the busy weekend at Twitch Con very soon, but first I wanted to clarify something…

Welcome home, Irenio. I’m very much looking forward to seeing the full notes in written form on Tuesday because it seems like there was some Guardian info garbled in the rush to beat the clock. I’m sure we’ll have some measured, thoughtful discussion (in and amongst the caterwauling) come Tuesday .

PS Hope you liked the Packmaster!

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: RebornbyFire.7913

RebornbyFire.7913

Welcome back, Irenio. Druid looks amazing, exciting, and polished, and I can’t wait to try it out. The buff to We Heal As One looks incredible, and I’m extremely excited to finally have some condition damage on my pets. Keep it up, man; it’s a good time to be a Ranger.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Good to see you on the forum, Irenio. Hope you had a good time in San Fransisco.

Druid is looking great. Love the movement speed trait, love the beam staff, love the extra condi clear, love the look of the new pets as well. We’ll have a lot of stuff to try out next weekend and hopefully give some good feedback based on gameplay rather than on tooltips.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

All positive changes. Hopefully something other than pew pew will be viable soon.

Let’s just see some GS and shout changes next!

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

All positive changes. Hopefully something other than pew pew will be viable soon.

I really hope to see some Shout Changes, as well.

Anyways, Thank you Irenio!
Your effort is definitely appreciated.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I really hope to see some Shout Changes, as well.

Anyways, Thank you Irenio!
Your effort is definitely appreciated.

Bare minimum increase the range and fix their interaction with trooper runes so you can cleanse allies

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Bumping for:

• Healing Power Stat on Pets
  • Increase Radius Of Invigorating Bond to Atleast 450. 300 is pathetic.
  • Please Fix Windborne Notes Regen to 12 seconds. Tooltip says 12 but only lasts 6.
Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Zeres.8713

Zeres.8713

Bumping for:

• Healing Power Stat on Pets
  • Increase Radius Of Invigorating Bond to Atleast 450. 300 is pathetic.
  • Please Fix Windborne Notes Regen to 12 seconds. Tooltip says 12 but only lasts 6.

^^ warhorn fix please

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Hey all.

I just returned from San Francisco and am going to crash hard from the busy weekend at Twitch Con very soon, but first I wanted to clarify something:

During the skill balance stream on Friday we weren’t able to go into depth or even talk about the reasons and expected results for changes we did reach due to time constraints[sub]1[/sub]. Because the June 23rd patch was mentioned during the stream many people seem to expect a patch of that size and magnitude.

Tuesday’s patch will have those changes we discussed in the livestream, some bugfixes, and more, but it is a step in the right direction. It is not the end-all.

There shall be more.

I just hope you have something for tempest.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: lxghostxl.5097

lxghostxl.5097

Q: entangle.. it is still dodgeable and blockable? just played some game and this is what I noticed.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Q: entangle.. it is still dodgeable and blockable? just played some game and this is what I noticed.

Yes but I believe krait runes are properly again too, and the conditions get applied regardless.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Hey all.

There shall be more.

Hey Irenio, I know this is the Ranger forums, but please remind the devs to send some love to thieves (by taking a look at enhancing SA and Acro traitlines and some other fixes suggested on the thief forums!). Thanks!

(edited by Lyger.5429)

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

Hey all.

There shall be more.

Hey Irenio, I know this is the Ranger forums, but please remind the devs to send some love to thieves (by taking a look at enhancing SA and Acro traitlines and some other fixes suggested on the thief forums!). Thanks!

Go away pls.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Lyger.5429

Go away pls.

Lol why? All professions are getting balanced, including thief.

(edited by Lyger.5429)

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Go away pls.

Lol why? All professions are getting balanced.

This is comments on druid for Beta testing improvements its about druid.

right now, Game balancing comes after heart of thorns is released or atleast during the next feature patch.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Shogun.7401

Shogun.7401

Hey all.

There shall be more.

We don’t see these kind of communications from dev’s in thief community.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

It’s kinda the first time that we see it and it feels so good :P

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Hey all.

There shall be more.

Thank you for the tip!! So we won’t expect many changes but is good to see there will be more fixes and balance changes for the ranger!!

So happy to see red post around the ranger subforum.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: BolshoiBooze.3406

BolshoiBooze.3406

I just wanted to say thanks, Irenio. You did a good job all around imo, and you seemed to genuinely care about the class (not just the druid). If what you say about further balance changes for the core ranger is true, I’ll be even happier.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Be honest: we don’t see enough of this in ANY profession board, Thief, Ranger, or whatever your class of choice is.

They’ve been doing slightly better lately with announcements followed by erratic commentary. If they committed to just a bi-weekly update in each of the 9 boards I think we’d all go straight to downed-state from shock.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

a designer dev in ranger forums? is this a start of a new age? welcome Irenio.

could you work together with us to solidify the core ranger? there is a lot of work to be done on abilities and weapons that no one has been slotting in spvp and wvw:

- spirits
- shouts other than WHaO and SotP
- muddy terrain and sharpening stone
- shortbow, offhand axe, and warhorn (notably Hunter’s Call and Whirling Defense)
- a slew of grandmasters including Poison Master, Invigorating Bond, Empathic Bond, Honed Axes, and so on.
- dozens of pets with bad F2’s and no utility (good job designing the new pets btw)

fixing the core ranger is arguably more important than the druid, which was well done btw. looking forward to it.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: alex.5132

alex.5132

Irenio please fix sword AA and lets make the spirit following the master when we trait-ed to it. Spirit i feel they no need health bar since it is a spirit so my idea is remove the health bar.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Lyger.5429

Be honest: we don’t see enough of this in ANY profession board, Thief, Ranger, or whatever your class of choice is.

They’ve been doing slightly better lately with announcements followed by erratic commentary. If they committed to just a bi-weekly update in each of the 9 boards I think we’d all go straight to downed-state from shock.

Totally agree.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

Hey all.

There shall be more.

How much longer much rangers wait until you and your team addresses issues that have been hurting rangers since launch? I have tried to keep faith that you will fix the class, but at this point and seeing the druid reveal, the only honest conclusion I come to is that you guys just fundamentally don’t understand ranger.

What proactive steps in the near future are you going to do to fix the class? The “balance” changes you said don’t really do anything worthwhile for the class. Soon or in the near future is a tired up excuse your team has been giving to us. It would be nice to have a long list of what changes you want to do and when you think it will get done.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Hey all.

There shall be more.

Thanks for checking in, it is much appreciated! Would it be possible to get the notes for Tuesday’s patch sometime tomorrow? We’re dying to know what changes are coming, even if they’re just the first of many steps in the right direction

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Just a suggestion to help those of us with multiple rangers.
Can unlocking the Juvenile Pets be account bound instead of character bound?
Only my 1st ranger currently has all the pets unlocked. My other 2 have about 4 or 5 each.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

How much longer much rangers wait until you and your team addresses issues that have been hurting rangers since launch? I have tried to keep faith that you will fix the class, but at this point and seeing the druid reveal, the only honest conclusion I come to is that you guys just fundamentally don’t understand ranger.

What proactive steps in the near future are you going to do to fix the class? The “balance” changes you said don’t really do anything worthwhile for the class. Soon or in the near future is a tired up excuse your team has been giving to us. It would be nice to have a long list of what changes you want to do and when you think it will get done.

Instead of Judge, that they don’t understand anything, or by Saying: How do you plane to Fix the class?
You can be do something by yourself! Just w8 for Tuesday, and Try to play different builds in ranked.
Take celestial adulet, with Shortbow and with new WHaO + condition pet. Play 10-20 games and make conclusion. With Pros and Cons.

Take LB/GS ranger and test it same way. Then Make Pros/Cons.
Take Trapper ranger and test it same way. Then Make Pros/Cons.
Take BM Bunker and Test it same way. Then Make Pros/Cons.

That way you can be useful and do something important for ranges.
Other way, your opinion will cost 0 points form 100.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

In prespective of current reality, I think its time to consier buffing the SB, things like SB 3(3 sec swiftnees) could easily be 3 sec super speed. Same for the cripple duration on SB 4, could easily be 6 sec and the stun/daze on SB 5 sould be 1.5 sec(like GS).

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Only my 1st ranger currently has all the pets unlocked. My other 2 have about 4 or 5 each.

Oh that would be so nice.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

What?! Collecting the pets is half the fun of rolling a new ranger.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: ZDragon.3046

ZDragon.3046

About time eles got shafted like every other profession has been at some point or another. I’m happy with the changes how ever….
I am scared that everyone will now just go back to arcana scepter burst which is also challenge to deal with as it is now. And scepter damage is getting a buff o.o

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Not if you are a WvW/PvP player. Maybe they should just unlock all the pets in WvW the same way they did in PvP. Leave the scavenger hunt to the PvE players.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

cafard.8953

Not if you are a WvW/PvP player. Maybe they should just unlock all the pets in WvW the same way they did in PvP. Leave the scavenger hunt to the PvE players.

I spend most of my time in WvW, but i just like the pet-taming ritual. I can see how it may be annoying if you refuse to enter a PvE map and level 1→80 using scrolls/tomes though. I level with a mix of scroll to 20, PvE, upleveled wvw and tomes, so at 80 i generally have a fair few pets already and plenty of waypoints around to quickly collect the one or two i need for a build.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

Instead of Judge, that they don’t understand anything, or by Saying: How do you plane to Fix the class?
You can be do something by yourself! Just w8 for Tuesday, and Try to play different builds in ranked.
Take celestial adulet, with Shortbow and with new WHaO + condition pet. Play 10-20 games and make conclusion. With Pros and Cons.

Take LB/GS ranger and test it same way. Then Make Pros/Cons.
Take Trapper ranger and test it same way. Then Make Pros/Cons.
Take BM Bunker and Test it same way. Then Make Pros/Cons.

That way you can be useful and do something important for ranges.
Other way, your opinion will cost 0 points form 100.

I have listed nothing that hasn’t been a ranger issue since launch, that hasn’t been talked about at length in this forum. Fact is, many rangers have been waiting a LONG time for fixes that have been promised but never done. Its been 3 years for some of us and we are getting tired of waiting and hoping. If after 3 years they can’t fix the class which is more than enough time then there is something fundamentally wrong what they are doing.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Puck.9612

I spend most of my time in WvW, but i just like the pet-taming ritual. I can see how it may be annoying if you refuse to enter a PvE map and level 1->80 using scrolls/tomes though. I level with a mix of scroll to 20, PvE, upleveled wvw and tomes, so at 80 i generally have a fair few pets already and plenty of waypoints around to quickly collect the one or two i need for a build.

I actually just finished leveling a ranger for the fifth time from a mix of tomes and solo roaming. The only thing more satisfying than winning a 1v2 as an uplevel is using point blank shot to send someone flying off a cliff.
I made sure to take plenty of screen shots of kills I made when I was level 30-60 lol.
But yeah, after fully leveling a ranger 5 times I am pretty sick of playing a running simulator across pve maps to have a working class mechanic.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Quick question, maybe I overread it somewhere.

Do we need a full bar to enter our astral form?

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Quick question, maybe I overread it somewhere.

Do we need a full bar to enter our astral form?

We don’t know yet

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

plz look at:

• Warhorn: add more might at the very least
  • MDG: maybe pulse stability or weakness. Or just delete it and make a better one.
  • Clarion Bond: Reduce CD to match Pet swap
  • Windborne Notes: Add Resistance or a simple condi clear:
  • Shortbow: Either revert range back to 1200 or add it to LoyF.
  • Striders Defense: Add projectile reflect to dodge/evade
  • Honed Axes: Each axe adds +150 ferocity
  • Predator’s Instinct: Cripple and Activate Sharpening Stone when you hit a target under 50%
  • Merge Refined Toxins and Poison Master and make it GM, move EB down to master. * Add another GM trait.
  • Increase GS Auto damage slightly
  • Make Spirits follow you baseline
  • Reduce CD on Signet of the Hunt to 20 Seconds
  • Give pets healing power (if pets can heal they should have healing power)
  • Reduce the activation time on super long F2s like jungle stalker

Balance Changes

in Ranger

cafard.8953

Really disagree with this one. I love moving spirits and really want the option back, but that’s the key part: an option. There are times and places for them and times and places for static ones (though range should be reviewed in that regards). You don’t want the water/sun spirit to follow you stupidly when you melee a boss for example.

In fact, that’s the core issue with moving spirits: making it baseline or merging it to the other spirit traits means that you’ll be stuck with them following you even if all you wanted was the spirit buff. But then, it’s such a small effect that it would feel costly to pick even as a minor trait…

Ideally, it could have been added as a static/follow F5 control, just like the pet passive/aggressive setting. I guess, maybe an F6 now that the druid has landed.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Just a little idea I had to buff shouts and help them synergise more. First maybe throw some might and/or fury onto the pet when using Sic Em.

Second change Protect me so that its causes the pet to share all its boons with allies in a 600 radius, usual 5 player limit. This could create an interesting support option where the Ranger could build up boons on the pet using WHaO and other traits/skills and then share them with everybody.

It could also mean they could reduce the cd of Signet of stone as the only reason I can imaigne it is so long is because we have access to two invulns.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

Really disagree with this one. I love moving spirits and really want the option back, but that’s the key part: an option. There are times and places for them and times and places for static ones (though range should be reviewed in that regards). You don’t want the water/sun spirit to follow you stupidly when you melee a boss for example.

In fact, that’s the core issue with moving spirits: making it baseline or merging it to the other spirit traits means that you’ll be stuck with them following you even if all you wanted was the spirit buff. But then, it’s such a small effect that it would feel costly to pick even as a minor trait…

Ideally, it could have been added as a static/follow F5 control, just like the pet passive/aggressive setting. I guess, maybe an F6 now that the druid has landed.

then give them a command to follow or not follow, or just add the option back to the GM

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Loxsus.3841

Loxsus.3841

Count me as someone who would like some damage bump to the Greatsword auto attacks. I get sword exists but if people don’t like trying to handle the auto attack animation, I don’t think they should be punished AS badly to their DPS as they are currently.

Balance Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

Seriously I just logged into TC , ported to the WvW borderlands and I see one our server leaders swearing in mapchat about Rangers and how useless they are, my guild leader at the same time getting guards and Warriors to x up and telling everyone else to get on heavies.

I had just logged into Ranger for the first time in forever and this is what I see two minutes into the game ( logged right back out). This is the worst class treatment I have ever seen in any game and I played them all.

You have a serious problem here. Whatever you balance you need to fix this.