Necro DPS Build In Action 9sec Kill

in Necromancer

Posted by: OrianZeta.1537

OrianZeta.1537

Would like to see no-elite tests, and take off racial skills to show more comparable results. It’s interesting to see unlimited potential, though, ranger was pretty respectable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

your talking in all pve comunity, but dont forget theres few guilds using any class and this shows we can use all of them in a group to make speedruns

^ I’m not sure it really does say that.

To me it says that you need two Necros (14s) to do the damage of one guardian (7sec) or warrior (8 sec).

Or in other words, grab 5 warriors/Guardians in a speed run, and fights will last half the time than if you took anyone else.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

U can give a kitten about these tests. Diffrent might/vul some with fury some without (guard used racial elite) and so on.

Warrior used F1 to finish it at 20% or so, show me a Boss (ok Brie^^) where the finisher (F1 is only used to finish not in fight) has so much impact…

Forget them they´re just for fun or to compare diffrent builds (with the same class) if u have the same buffs/debuffs.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

where is the link to thief video ?:)

and warrior has faster vid

(edited by Pelopidas.2140)

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Kape.3672

The Kape.3672

where is the link to thief video ?:)

and warrior has faster vid

What about to use recent timers cause thoose are old and outdated.
btw each thread its in their class section this one its for necros

[WHAT] http://gw2what.shivtr.com
Your Home Hardcore PvE Guild focused in doing Speed/Record Runs & Guild Missions!

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Warrior and guardian are fast because they have very good burst. Also warrior has the best self/group buffing in the game. In an organised group with shared buffs necro will out dps both the warrior and guardian on a single target.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

When a Warriors hundred blades can hit for 30k-40k damage every 8 seconds then your not going to stand a chance. We are never going to get anywhere near there time with our burst but the thing is hundred blades is situational as it stops as soon as you move so PVE is where it is going to shine the most.

I must admit I would have expected Necro to be a little bit higher but im not really surprised as we are labelled as being a wear them down and not burst them down class style.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

When a Warriors hundred blades can hit for 30k-40k damage which cleaves every 8 seconds then your not going to stand a chance.

Corrected for you.
And this isnt OP because of the ~3s root (quickness says hi), but the 2k aoe bleed on Mark of blood is unacceptable. Yeah. Makes sense.

in Necromancer

Scarran.9845

When a Warriors hundred blades can hit for 30k-40k damage which cleaves every 8 seconds then your not going to stand a chance.

Corrected for you.
And this isnt OP because of the ~3s root (quickness says hi), but the 2k aoe bleed on Mark of blood is unacceptable. Yeah. Makes sense.

lol thanks, yeah we all know there is an apparent one rule for one and another rule for others. I don’t think I will ever make sense of the mark of blood and putrid mark nerfs.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nijjion.2069

Nijjion.2069

Yeah I think it’s pretty stupid heavy classes can do the damage they do when light users don’t get anywhere close. What sort of balance is that… GW1 was more balanced than this.

Just everyone role Wars/Guards and make ANet happy. Then they can delete the classes they don’t like.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Heavy classes dont do more sustained dps than necro or ele. They dont do more burst than ele. And mesmer can do the best sustained dps in the game if you can maintain 3 phantasms up 100% (this doesnt work in practise though).

in Necromancer

Scarran.9845

Heavy classes dont do more sustained dps than necro or ele.

I can see where you are coming from in regards to Ele and im not doubting that is possible. But Necro im not too sure of, if you take into account standing toe to toe with the enemy then Warrior with 5k auto attacks and every 8 seconds having a 22k at least to on good days a 40k cleave attack. I dont see how a Necro can have more sustained dps than that.

Now maybe on a moving target Necro might be close because the problem with hundred blades is it stops when you move. But I don’t see the Necro consistently popping out the damage that Warriors can bring and on an area scale as if they could id imagine dungeon runs wouldn’t be full of Warriors.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Only minion master necromancer will result in higher sustain and that’s unviable in practice. The balance is completely borked and at this point reigning the heavy armor classes in would probably cause an outrage ANet just isn’t willing to deal with.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

On a single target and assuming necro is fully buffed just as much as the warrior then it is higher dps than warrior. You have to remember that axe auto takes 3.5 seconds to complete a chain and 100b takes around the same. In an average situation 100b hits for just over 40k which is about 11.5k dps which is no problem for the necro to match.

The issue necro has is that its completely selfish and doesnt share the buffs it has. Also lack of cleave is a problem when clearing trash. But on a boss necro is very good for sustained damage.

@Fungal
Necro beats warrior sustained dps without using any minions. You can use blood fiend and flesh golem to try and increase the damage a bit but sometimes its not worth it.

in Necromancer

Scarran.9845

On a single target and assuming necro is fully buffed just as much as the warrior then it is higher dps than warrior. You have to remember that axe auto takes 3.5 seconds to complete a chain and 100b takes around the same. In an average situation 100b hits for just over 40k which is about 11.5k dps which is no problem for the necro to match.

The issue necro has is that its completely selfish and doesnt share the buffs it has. Also lack of cleave is a problem when clearing trash. But on a boss necro is very good for sustained damage.

Thats good to know thanks spoj, I think I may have fallen into the same boat as alot of people and that is looking at the big numbers and not seeing everything else.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Assuming a fully buffed necromancer sure. But that means the necromancer is going to have to look for a lot of outside assistance while the heavies are in far better positions of actually providing it. This is why the necromancer is considered a wasted slot.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vel Kro.9184

Vel Kro.9184

About the giant kill videos, i was wondering why not use TS when flashing in DS? TS blast do some damage and torment + immo is a 4% damage boost. Could help to gain a bit.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Only buffs necro lacks is might and banner buffs. Vuln and fury both have pretty good uptime on a necro. Like i said before its not that necro is bad its that the buffs it has cannot be shared with party members except for vuln. This + the lack of cleave means necro is not the most desired class for organised groups.

@Vel
Thats something I considered doing. It does have a slight cast time so I am unsure if it will save any time in this kind of dps race/test. Its definately something to try next time though.

Anyway heres some old footage i had on my computer which i thought id share with you guys. The damage is pretty good considering i didnt have stacks or the best food and group buffing wasnt perfect (not much might).

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Posted by: OrianZeta.1537

OrianZeta.1537

On a single target and assuming necro is fully buffed just as much as the warrior then it is higher dps than warrior.

While it’s proper to consider party support when comparing them, don’t forget to tie a heavy’s buffs to being more self-sustaining and make mention of their extra armor. Heavies will naturally be a better choice for the support, but their fluid survivability is noteworthy. Necros will inevitably need to fall back into Death Shroud where they lose DPS, healing, access to their skills and minions and spectral effects are removed.

No other class makes such significant, debilitating sacrifices just by using their unique mechanic (which, unless properly traited, is anything but powerful).

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Necro has limited options in defense. But the high hp pool is more than enough for everything in pve. DS acts as an emergency button and if you need extra evades you can take double energy sigils. Should be fine after that. Its much easier to survive on a necro than it is to survive on an ele or thief thats for sure.

Ive been seeing a lot of comments that “heavies are the best at x” recently. And its simply not true. The armour difference is neglibible and each class has differences when it comes to buffing and its not better for heavies. Its simply warriors have the best group offensive buffs. And guardians have better defensive boon access.

It just so happens that both heavy classes are well balanced and very useful in pve. The same goes for 2/3 light classes and 3/3 medium classes (engi and ranger are debatable).

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Its too bad the game doesnt have a damage meter which would actually let us know how we do compared to other classes…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Its too bad the game doesnt have a damage meter which would actually let us know how we do compared to other classes…

Aaaaand that might be the reason they don’t make such a tool.

in Necromancer

The Kape.3672

Your Home Hardcore PvE Guild focused in doing Speed/Record Runs & Guild Missions!

(edited by The Kape.3672)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Micro Hard.3601

Micro Hard.3601

Hi, Elementalist here, did it in around 4 seconds.

in Necromancer

The Kape.3672

Hi, Elementalist here, did it in around 4 seconds.

lol you didnt understood what was asked and your in the wrong section this is for necros only.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

If fiery rush isnt allowed then no class should be allowed to use an elite for these tests.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Micro Hard.3601

Micro Hard.3601

Apparently frostbow isn’t allowed either, so I don’t think other classes should be allowed to use their utilities as well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Apparently frostbow isn’t allowed either, so I don’t think other classes should be allowed to use their utilities as well.

Do your own ele leaderboard, everyone knows how broken conjured weapons are, there’s no build research involved, just might stacking and using one skill.
I think the timer should take into account the time spent buffing, then stop and start counting again from the first damage dealt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Insidion the Insane.9752

Insidion the Insane.9752

9 seconds, according to Reaper’s Touch CD.
http://youtu.be/GnV6mTF53cA

in Necromancer

The Kape.3672

9 seconds, according to Reaper’s Touch CD.

very nice whats the build and specs?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

Ahhh clever Insidion! Using Night runes at night and Undead Slaying for an extra 20%.

Awesome name too btw.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

in Necromancer

The Kape.3672

Anyone knows the name of the buff he used in the left side of the food buff?

in Necromancer

The Kape.3672

hows the necro after patch on taking the veteran down times? can any fast necro try it plz