in Necromancer

Posted by: Streets.2705

Streets.2705

you didn’t get the memo did you?

Necro Demotivational Poster

in Necromancer

Posted by: Somoe.3621

Somoe.3621

Because Engi and Necro are the exact same class… right?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The worst part is that they haven’t just said “Dhuumfire was a mistake on our part. We’re working on creating a good replacement”.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

A grand master trait being significantly worse than an adept trait?

Get me off this crazy balance ride.

in Necromancer

Streets.2705

Not at all. They get medium armor, we have light.

in Necromancer

Fungalfoot.7213

Not at all. They have ways to avoid getting assist trained to death.

in Necromancer

Streets.2705

I see what you did there. XD

in Necromancer

Posted by: Somoe.3621

Somoe.3621

I feel sorry for you people that can only see a class’ weaknesses and conveniently never pay attention to their strengths. :(

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

you just made some engineers spill popcorn as they glanced away from the numerous op necro threads. shame on you. we never would have known they were there until the crickets stopped chirping, frightened by the impact.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

(edited by Jayce.5632)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

I feel sorry for you people that can only see a class’ weaknesses and conveniently never pay attention to their strengths.

we wouldnt be here if that wasnt the case would we?

if you cant poke fun at your own class then better hide under a rock =)

wouldnt of gotten a legendary on mine either .

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

(edited by Sororita.3465)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yendorion.2381

Yendorion.2381

I hope the Necro PVP Gurus are happy! I wonder what Mr.BorderlineOP thinks about this, yet I wish the best. Enjoy the changes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

I can’t believe this is hard for people to understand. Necromancers have access to Terror and Burning. Burning is the second most powerful condition in the game, next to terror. The fact that with one instant cast skill (Doom), they can apply both, is crazy. Engineers cannot do this. Again:

In one instant skill, they can apply CC and huge damage. Then can then follow this up with more fear and AoE torment.

You can’t compare skill across classes, even if they are exact copies of each other. You prove how little you know about balancing when you do this.

In short: That trait isn’t OP on it’s own. It’s OP because it has terror in the same class.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I feel sorry for you people that can only see a class’ weaknesses and conveniently never pay attention to their strengths.

Please, oh wise one, inform us of our strengths that Engineers don’t do better.

We have better CC? Clearly you’ve never fought an engie that decided to focus on that.
We have better condition pressure? You do realize that Engineers invented condition spike with the HGH build?
We have better heals? Well, I guess if you look at a pure numbers sense. Never mind that they have 2 heal skills at all times thanks to their toolbelt mechanic.
We have better mobility? Hell, you know that’s wrong. That much is completely intentional.
We have better durability? Between their constant boon spam (the perma-vigor is a very popular build), CC, and blocks (and Elixer S), bunker engineers are an absolute pain to fight.
We have better AoE? Grenadier says hi.
We have better melee? I guess this is true, since Engies don’t actually have any true melee weapons. Flamethrower sure makes that irrelevant, though.
Better stun breaks? Uhhhh, no.
Better direct damage? I don’t think so. Bomb kit hits stupid hard and grenades are no slouch either (never mind the static charge toolbelt spike)
Better condition removal? Automated Response System makes that irrelevant.
Better condition transfer? Well, this is true, but only because Necros and Mesmers are the only classes that even can transfer conditions to enemies.
Better ability to cliff dive? Situational, but yeah, we definitely beat everyone else there.

So yes, please, let us know how we are truly stronger than engineers.

Now, so my post isn’t completely negative, I am actually fine with most of the things on this list being true. Our lockdown builds are still very, very effective (and quite fun!) Our condition builds are still very constant pressure, even through cleanses (save that stupid Hide in Shadows skill). Necros don’t appear to be doing as much as they really are, and I like that. What I don’t like is the fact that we don’t even have an option for avoiding burst.

A bad thief can fail to use one of their multiple dodges to avoid a spike. A bad Guardian can fail to pop Virtue of Courage. A bad Ele can fail to hit Mist Form. The best necro in the world can’t succeed in stopping burst, because we aren’t even given the option to attempt it. That is what irks me terribly right now.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Necromancer

Jayce.5632

I can’t believe this is hard for people to understand. Necromancers have access to Terror and Burning. Burning is the second most powerful condition in the game, next to terror. The fact that with one instant cast skill (Doom), they can apply both, is crazy. Engineers cannot do this. Again:

In one instant skill, they can apply CC and huge damage. Then can then follow this up with more fear and AoE torment.

You can’t compare skill across classes, even if they are exact copies of each other. You prove how little you know about balancing when you do this.

In short: That trait isn’t OP on it’s own. It’s OP because it has terror in the same class.

relax just a bit. no one has called for nerfing the engineer’s trait. just making light of the difference between the two

in Necromancer

Fungalfoot.7213

The point here is that they repackaged the adept trait of another class, shipped it off to necromancers in the form of a grand master trait and then proceeded to nerf it into oblivion. If you can’t appreciate the humor in that I don’t know what to tell you.

And yes, most necromancers would agree that Dumbfire was a dumb, dumb trait to begin with. We never asked for this.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jewel.1457

Jewel.1457

I just don’t even…
how is that……
but the..
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Gamey Blog: Healing the Masses - with the soul of thine enemy
Eriena of JQ-warrior forever

in Necromancer

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

HuuuuuuGeEEeee damage thats all I read.
Aparently 1k teror damage is huge guys. GET THOSE PANTIES ON YOUR HEADS AND DANCE! Because its HUGE!

Oh wait… is it even 1k still? I admit I’m not masochist enough to bother with necro and pvp anymore.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

And yes, most necromancers would agree that Dumbfire was a dumb, dumb trait to begin with. We never asked for this.

Now all I can think of are necromancers with sunglasses riveted to their faces to match the other robot / trait implants.

Edit: Which is kind of engineer-y, really. Most bizarre crossover?

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Enundr.9305

Enundr.9305

necro never needed burning , plain and simple , remove it , reverse all the freaking changes that were just done to them cause theyre pretty useless in pve now , trying to figure out where these ppl are saying they last longer with the “fix” to DS , cause champs still eat through it just as fast……lol much….

in Necromancer

Streets.2705

this is a thread for laughs.

in Necromancer

Streets.2705

Lets not be serious in this thread please. enough yelling and arguing in the other forums.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

@Drarnor

Are you serious?

: ^ I

@ Jayce and Sororita

The last profession you want to talk about not being able to laugh at itself is the engineer.
There have been mega threads on things such as RNG boons, self knockbacks, rifles firing from the hip, hobo sacks, extinction of builds (RIP 100 nades) etc. Engineers have ridiculed themselves for a long time.

Edit: Who could forget mortar?

: ^ D

in Necromancer

Streets.2705

@Drarnor

Are you serious?

@ Jayce and Sororita

The last profession you want to talk about not being able to laugh at itself is the engineer.
There have been mega threads on things such as RNG boons, self knockbacks, rifles firing from the hip, hobo sacks, extinction of builds (RIP 100 nades) etc. Engineers have ridiculed themselves for a long time.

You provide me with Engineer potions, I’ll give you Necromancer minions to experiment on.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

Elixirs are not the equivalent of minions. I think you have your eye on turrets.

in Necromancer

Streets.2705

XD you caught me. I come from a long line of horse traders.

in Necromancer

HiSaZuL.2843

Turrets!?! Did someone say we are getting undead turrets!!!

Yes we are saved! Saved I tell ye brothers! I’m trying to mentaly picture our healing undead turret now… Having a hard time with this one tbh. I’m somewhat stuck betwen a probing chair with tentacles and hot zombie nurse.

in Necromancer

Streets.2705

To heal undead turrets you must feed them 1000 slaughtered fluffy rabbits.

in Necromancer

Jayce.5632

To heal undead turrets you must feed them 1000 slaughtered fluffy rabbits.

must have ran short on kittens if they moved on to rabbits

in Necromancer

Streets.2705

Ya that whole “constructive necromancer thoughts” used them all up.

in Necromancer

HiSaZuL.2843

All you need is personal battering ram… scratch that knockback and w/e else on it. Let it be spammable undead turret healing skill.

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

@Drarnor

Are you serious?

@ Jayce and Sororita

My main before my Necro was an Engineer, over 700 hours so i know when to laugh =)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

I wanna cry

15char\

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in Necromancer

HiSaZuL.2843

Pfft engineers have personal battering ram. Enough said. Its the most op ability in gw2… the amount of damage kitten takes from it, makes infinity cry for nerfs.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Out of context class comparison.

I’d say it’s about par for the course around here.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

Out of context class comparison.

I’d say it’s about par for the course around here.

mr. grumpy kitty.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

(edited by Linguistically Inept.6583)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Yes we are saved! Saved I tell ye brothers! I’m trying to mentaly picture our healing undead turret now… Having a hard time with this one tbh. I’m somewhat stuck betwen a probing chair with tentacles and hot zombie nurse.

Game Update Notes – August 6th, 2013

Necromancer

• Undead Turret: Deploy an Orrian Undead Turret the heals you briefly, then regenerates you and your minions.

Healing: 2,520
Regeneration: 3 s
Radius: 480

Game Update Notes – August 20th, 2013

Necromancer

• Undead Turret: This skill now provides regeneration for allies, protection for 10 s, doubling of the radius to 960, removes all conditions with each pulse, strips all enemy boons with each pulse, files your taxes, produces home-cooked meals on demand, brushes your teeth for you, and tucks you into bed at night.

Game Hotpatch Note – August 23rd, 2013

Necromancer

• Undead Turret: This skill now only provides healing that scales with Healing Power; max cap of 6 healing every 10 seconds provided 1,000 bunnies are sacrificed to it each second. Skin changed to a hot zombie nurse with probing tentacles.
So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

kittened answer is kittened

in Necromancer

HiSaZuL.2843

Game Update Notes – August 6th, 2013

Necromancer

• Undead Turret: Deploy an Orrian Undead Turret the heals you briefly, then regenerates you and your minions.

Healing: 2,520
Regeneration: 3 s
Radius: 480

Game Update Notes – August 20th, 2013

Necromancer

• Undead Turret: This skill now provides regeneration for allies, protection for 10 s, doubling of the radius to 960, removes all conditions with each pulse, strips all enemy boons with each pulse, files your taxes, produces home-cooked meals on demand, brushes your teeth for you, and tucks you into bed at night.

Necromancer

• Undead Turret: This skill now only provides healing that scales with Healing Power; max cap of 6 healing every 10 seconds provided 1,000 bunnies are sacrificed to it each second. Skin changed to a hot zombie nurse with probing tentacles.

kitten … and I was hoping we could get a hot undead nurse trait to buff undead healing turret. My dreams are now shattered. My soul weeps at the grave injustice that has befallen my necromancer brethren. Woe to ye who has robbed us of our undead hot nurse grandmaster spite trait(because we all know the second spite grandmaster trait should be all about healing).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

My dreams are now shattered. My soul weeps at the grave injustice that has befallen my necromancer brethren.

Welcome to Necroworld, where hope is but the bait to lure you into the torture chamber to bear witness to the massacre of your dreams. Enjoy your stay and be sure to visit the gift shop on your way out

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

There is more depth to the situation than that. Engineers get a much better trait there. One thing, though.

Engineers get a whole crap load of burning. I rarely ever use incendiary powder, since with my builds I have a 10 second cone burn on a 12 second recharge via blowtorch, or I have a rocket turret that gives near permanent AoE burning, and if I throw down supply crate I keep many enemies permanently on fire. Even without that, there’s always the flamethrower, rocket boots, and the bomb kit, each of which provides a lot of burning.

That trait seems like it might be overpowered, but Engineers are balanced around high access to burning. In most of the builds I make, incendiary powder is redundant because of all the AoE burning I have access to.

Frankly, I think necromancers should abandon most of their bleeds and just inflict a whole lot more torment. Make scepter skills all torment, make the staff inflict torment instead, make signet of spite inflict torment, etc.

EDIT: Fixed it so I can count now.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

(edited by Blood Red Arachnid.2493)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

You can’t think like this… If we would have had burning for an adept trait it would be SUPER OP for conditions builds. They did this so we have to take 30 into power for the little extra condition damage. But it is a little stupid, yes

in Necromancer

HiSaZuL.2843

My dreams are now shattered. My soul weeps at the grave injustice that has befallen my necromancer brethren.

Welcome to Necroworld, where hope is but the bait to lure you into the torture chamber to bear witness to the massacre of your dreams. Enjoy your stay and be sure to visit the gift shop on your way out

They told me I do no qualify to participate due to pax tournament. Sometimes I wonder how long this pax tournament is going to last anyway? It’s been here since early game access…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Necromancer

• _Undead Turret: The tucking into bed at night was OP. Some PvP guardians complained about it. Damage that the turret receives now spills over into the necro’s health pool, and you’ll have to tug yourself into bed at night.

Fixed it for you!

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Damage done by Necromancer now spills into the Necromancer’s own health pool. Necromancer damage is now working as intended.

in Necromancer

HiSaZuL.2843

Grand Master Soul Reaping trait:

• Foot out of the Door: You have a 100% chance to log out once you receive a critical hit in Death Shroud. (This should give necromancers an option to avoid overflow damage caused by burst or spike damage.)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Game Hotpatch Note – August 24rd, 2013

Necromancer

Added a wide circle around every boss, where necromancers can wait while their party of guardians and warriors fights the boss.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Necromancer

Streets.2705

Game Update August 25th, 2013.

J. Torres is hired by Anet to lead the GW2 team in revamping the game.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

If we do get undead turrets, it should look like those Risen Hands that are so awesome chucking rocks every 5 seconds.