Necro Sucks -Proof

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.3645

Cempa.3645

I have a Guardian and a Necro, Guardian is GS 0/0/30/20/20 and Necro is Condimaster. Both geared and I know what I am doing…

Ok the proof:

Go to the new zone and try to solo one of those new Veterans…

Necro sucks fail game design.

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nesso.1806

Nesso.1806

I’m sure a wells/heal bunker necro could solo them easily as well. The only mayor difference between guardian and necro bunkers is necros lack stability, which doesn’t play a significant role against these mobs.

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

I can solo those things fine as a conditionmancer in full Power/Pre/MF gear. Sounds like a user issue.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: oneking.7396

oneking.7396

He probaly mistaken class skills and player skills …

No probs so far; power crit dmg build …

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nesso.1806

Nesso.1806

yup, just tried it as hybrid cond/power spec, not really that bad.

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

You can kill them with a necro just have to kite use skills well and know the class inside and out.

Guardian you just faceroll and win.

So yes bad game design.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sebyos.4089

Sebyos.4089

My Guardian in Full Berserker gear can faceroll vets, my Necro in full Rabbid and Carrion takes forever and has to work so well. But it ain’t the worse try to level a Mesmer…

Yes there is huge imbalances in the game it’s been the case for 5 months so stop hoping.

80 Norn Necromancer Max : JC, WS, TL, AT.
100% World completion.

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: SicJake.6871

SicJake.6871

Hybrid Necro, one step away from a glass cannon, I can take the vet karka’s down just fine and i’m mostly in Yellows.

Learn2dodge?

Really I think for Necros a conditionmancer is bust, and frankly so is someone who goes pure Power/crit. You need to use all the tools provided, High power to for moderate bursting, condition damage for attrition. Death Shroud for survival and while skills are on cool down.

Tho yes I’ll agree, with a guardian I can wack away with a greatsword blindly chugging a beer and win, but the difference in kill time isn’t far removed from that of a Necro

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Cempa.3645

You can kill them with a necro just have to kite use skills well and know the class inside and out.

Guardian you just faceroll and win.

So yes bad game design.

That’s my point my Guardian just tanks the mob and kills it faster…My not be a necro issue but those are the two classes I play.

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Cempa.3645

Hybrid Necro, one step away from a glass cannon, I can take the vet karka’s down just fine and i’m mostly in Yellows.

Learn2dodge?

Really I think for Necros a conditionmancer is bust, and frankly so is someone who goes pure Power/crit. You need to use all the tools provided, High power to for moderate bursting, condition damage for attrition. Death Shroud for survival and while skills are on cool down.

Tho yes I’ll agree, with a guardian I can wack away with a greatsword blindly chugging a beer and win, but the difference in kill time isn’t far removed from that of a Necro

I must be missing something then because my Guardian with a GS 0/0/30/20/20 I kill those vets so much faster and with no effort at all, just pop my shouts when and as needed and that’s it pretty much.

Necro Build: I use the same build for all forms of PvP but change some traits and utilities -though rarely.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=;044Z;1kHFG0G4sJkJ0;9;4TT9;036B18A1;6SNH6;2NV05NV051ce

(Above build is by player named Powerr)

(edited by Cempa.3645)

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

I know what I am doing

You sure dooo

The Karkas skill activate which they usually do first is a barrage of what seems to be icicles that deal pretty mean damage, just dodge that… I’ve had no issues what-so-ever and i was killing them in full rare magic find gear.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

I know what I am doing

You sure dooo

The Karkas skill activate which they usually do first is a barrage of what seems to be icicles that deal pretty mean damage, just dodge that… I’ve had no issues what-so-ever and i was killing them in full rare magic find gear.

:D

He’s talking about the Veteran Karka, whom imo are actually easier than the Young Karka, but hey… (I always seem to aggro a few of those Young Karka and if you fail to dodge a few of their barrages, the damage quickly adds up).

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

No need to insult him he is correct Guardian is much easier to play.

Yeah Im sure he can learn how to kill them with a Necro. You will see alot of this kind of talk from elementalist work alot harder for lesser/same results of other classes.

Shame you did not level the Necro up first then any class you played (other then ele) would be faceroll easy.

Its comical how easy/faster my thief is after playing a necro so much…. I keep thinking I should be doing more….nope I just DB like a boss spam one button on my thief everything dies.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

(edited by Xom.9264)

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Cempa.3645

I don’t know if we are talking about the same mob, this vet ‘Transfers Conditions’ its not like the other vets and is right after that see through wall…In any case I want back again and Guardian is far superior :/

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vicarious.3047

Vicarious.3047

yes some classes are better then others at certain things and some classes are just easier to play well.

get used to it, ITS AN MMO, and its been like that for every MMO since the existence of MMOs.

my power/dagger/CC necro can kitten the face off of guardian bunker builds 1v1 and i can do more AoE damage in WvW, but that guardian will always perform better then me in PvE events. just a fact youll have to deal with instead of whining about.

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

I have no problems with vet karkas as wellmancer with crit build.

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

an entire class does’nt suck because one guy cant play the class.
you should try blood/wells build and then tell us its difficult ;-)

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I wonder if we yet again confuse difficult and time consuming.

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

I solo vet karks so easy as a necro. l2p dude.
on top of that, necros are a lot more useful than guards in general.

/wells

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

Necros have some broken mechanics however they are still a strong class outside of pvp. In pvp their mobility is so bad it makes them a complete liability.

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I actually wound up fighting two of these at once, and survived just fine, solo.

Granted, I had already stripped the armor from the first one before accidentally pulling the second. I could have run, but I thought I had it under control… and I did.

10/10/10/20/20 build here. I was still rocking 65-75 gear at the time too…

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

Cempa, why did u choose signet mastery when you only have 1 signet on ur utility bar (which you probably won’t activate since you’re soloing)? Better to pick reapers might imo…Otherwise a solid build.

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

If the game revolves about guardians, warriors, thiefs, elementals and rangers “facerolling” (5 class’ out of eight) then this seems to be the standard. Strictly pve speaking. Aforementioned are also the most popular by design and damage output so it seems necromancers amongst engineers and mesmers are underpowered. They are not simply standard while the other 5 classes are overpowered. No the other 5 classes are standard and necromancers are underpowered.

Not hard to wrap your head around it.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

Necro Sucks -Proof

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

Necros have some broken mechanics however they are still a strong class outside of pvp. In pvp their mobility is so bad it makes them a complete liability.

I really don’t think this is such a big issue. It is not much of an issue for a bunker necro, which is very strong and has access to the best bunker elite in the game and 3-4 seconds of stability every 10 seconds from speccing into DS.

Even for roamers, necro is not really as movement limited as people often say it is. It really depends on your spec. Conditionmancer is kinda unmobile. Spectral necros have walk, pull, teleport on DS, immobolize. And all necros have extensive access to cripple and/or chill.