Necro totally useless this Meta

in Necromancer

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Necros have been made totally useless this build… They don’t apply conditions anywhere near as well as warriors or engis, and they have NO stability at all, making them easy targets for the MASSIVE AMOUNTS of decap engis and warriors infesting PvP.

My average match spent as a necro either consists of having the pitiful amount of conditions I can lay down being instantly cleansed, or being stun-locked into oblivion because of no stability. Anet is forcing us to play a warrior or an engi to be good at all…a team with 3 warriors and 2 engis will beat ANY team it goes up against simply because of how stupidly OP these classes are.

And no, 1 second of stability on a well, and stability on elites don’t count at all. Especially cause stability in Lich form is usually stripped from you in the first 5 seconds.

(edited by No Walking.6349)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

3 worriors and 2 asura engis? Nah. You need some guardian. And probably a Thief. And maybe ele.

Worrior, Engi, Guardian, Thief, Elementalist is the perfect combo for now it seems like.

Oh, I forgot! They all have to be smallest Asura possible!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaganna.6034

Zaganna.6034

Only 2 classes out of 8 in a 5 people team game? Sorry, you don’t go anywhere.

While I could agree the Necro don’t have a specific spot inside the meta, you just can’t say that they’re conditon are bad….especially vs warrior.
If we must pick an aspect of the game where Necro does best, we can surley pick condition. He , followed by engi, is the Best class suited for a pure condition damage build.
Plus, condi necro is a counter of condi engi. 4# dagger, GG.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Somnolentjack.3460

Somnolentjack.3460

Not sure where all the warrior hate is coming from. A good necro can wreck my warrior.

I for one am glad you nasty buggers aren’t part of the current meta!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

It is rather absurd that necros are one of the worst condition classes.

…fighting a P/D thief will make you want scratch your eyes out.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

I’m quite content with Corrupt Boon, Path of Corruption and Focus five. It crushes these boonstacking builds beautifully.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yendorion.2381

Yendorion.2381

At least they make good dressing dolls in the selection screen.

in Necromancer

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

At least they make good dressing dolls in the selection screen.

Keep posting this so all the scrubs stop playing necro.
Were almost in a good spot couple tweeks is all we need. I can kill just every class, witch is more then i could have said a while ago.

Idk.if.its just me, necros.in general, or other classes learning to counter us but it seems like our skill caps going up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Necromancer isn’t useless in this meta, it is just a bit weak in sPvP and PvE in this meta.

However I think they could fairly quickly fix us, if they make the right balance decisions.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: citizankane.5723

citizankane.5723

bhawb how many nhawbs have you shlobbed?

(edited by citizankane.5723)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Not sure where all the warrior hate is coming from. A good necro can wreck my warrior.

I for one am glad you nasty buggers aren’t part of the current meta!

i’m thinking you’re talking about condition necro. all the hate that condi necros get leaves the rest of us that play the class totally looked over when it comes to balance, and/or nerfed into oblivion. point in fact, anet seems to think we’re fine where we are.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

bhawb how many nhawbs have you shlobbed?

I’m not sure, some are so small like yours that I can’t even tell they’re there at all.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

sPvP :As a Necromancer, try to be a Well-Bunker // MM Bunker at home.
•As a well bunker you can easily survive 2v1 until help arrives
• As a MM Bunker you can wreck every inc 1v1 and if your know-how is good enough you can survive 2v1, damage the weakest one to low hp and stay alive until your reinforcements arrive.

PvE:
•Play a full berserker necromancer with wells and try not to die & practice at dodging, since we do not have invuln / blocks we have to survive this way (+ DS ofc)
• Play Rabid Condimancer that can solostack 20-25 stacks of bleed, they won’t mind you at all (if you won’t die all the time)

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: tuman.6593

tuman.6593

Sigils of energy, stun break abilities, condition transfer and boon conversion skills, some chilling… Engineers have no a lot of condi removals, and use dodges, stun breaks and chilling against warriors. Its hard but not impossible. We have only one weakness what make us useless – we have no escape abilities. Only flesh wurm.

(edited by tuman.6593)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Sigils of energy, stun break abilities, condition transfer and boon conversion skills, some chilling… Engineers have no a lot of condi removals, and use dodges, stun breaks and chilling against warriors. Its hard but not impossible. We have only one weakness what make us useless – we have no escape abilities. Only flesh wurm.

If the developers wish to maintain their attrition outlook on the class, we don’t really need more escapes but better tools to stay in a fight. It’s been almost two years of the developers tip-toeing around necromancer, terrified of us becoming some unstoppable force. It’s why we get garbage like SoV while warriors sprout wings and fly around PvP maps or thieves teleporting invisibly around you in all directions with near 100% uptime. I guess.

For now, its MM spvp and warrior PvE. This tournament was boring anyway.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Necromancer

tuman.6593

…If the developers wish to maintain their attrition outlook on the class, we don’t really need more escapes but better tools to stay in a fight…

Traitable permanent stability while in DS for sure! \o/
If they dont want to give us vigor, aegis, block, etc…
Or Tainted Shackles will transfer damage that takes binded foes into life force. And links must break only if enemies goes out of range. Or… nvm…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ozzy Toxin.3074

Ozzy Toxin.3074

if they got rid of the icd in vamp sig it would work… its not like necro wouldn’t die and it doesn’t heal outside of combat ;\…. maby lower the amount healed a bit tho

in Necromancer

Posted by: psygate.5632

psygate.5632

The problem isn’t escaping, the problem is that we can’t play the attrition game we are supposed to play. The current state of the necromancer has worsened every patch. The moment we got dhuumfire it went uphill, because condition mancers, who had no shroud regen (compared to power mancers), and no real escape could hold the line against other classes by dealing high damage and forcing enemies to disengage at some point. We made them run and basically escaped that way. But being borderline op comes at a cost, they took our bleeds and it went downhill from there. The bleed nerf was quite significant, taking away mark of blood bleeds and grapsing dead bleeds, making our bleed burst much worse than before. And then, then they took dhuumfire, leaving everyone who did not go for dhuumfire but path of corruption sit there without the bleeds they’d need. Don’t get me wrong, a well played condition mancer is still a force of nature, but for the wrong reasons. We should be able to tank and reapply conditions constantly, without fearing every interrupt and every thief.

TL;DR: I am fine with not having escapes, as long as people have to think twice before engaging me.

Nostalgyus-Necromancer (Kodash)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

I think the necro just needs one or two slight additions:

One access to a stability that is not DS based, or have foot in the grave moved from the grandmaster trait to the master slot, in order to allow more builds the ability to take the skill. I think they should also up the time from 3 to 4 seconds and decrease te cooldown slightly (I would have no problem slamming into DS as any build to pick up some stability) Obviously they should test this first to see if it puts us over the top. Biggest problem to me is the ability to compeltely lock down most Necro builds with CC.
—- Potential idea: It could be a skill based block that can be triggered in DS. Thus, go into DS, and Freeze yourself into a block of ICE or turn yourself into an invulnerable corpse at will (button 6 of DS.) Can’t do damage, but you can sit in that block of ICE/or lie as a corpse when you get swarmed and targeted. let your team pick up the slack. SOunds interesting, is skill based, and does not allow us to continue doing damage.

Two: one of the following – a short duration block tied to going into DS or coming out of DS. 1.5 – 2 seconds (idk – discuss?) that would allow us to mitgate some damage when being targeted by multiple enemies. Alternatively, the block could be a SKILL BASED utility skill (requiring timing) that prevents us from doing any active damage while using the skill.

- or a blink/escape of some sort that allows us to step away from the situation when being uberslapped by multiple opponents,. that is not tied to a minion and does no damage.

damage fine – ability to mitigate damage dealt from focus fire or being locked down by CC = problems.

(edited by Gryph.8237)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gloam Drifter.9158

Gloam Drifter.9158

… We have only one weakness what make us useless – we have no escape abilities. Only flesh wurm.

– or a blink/escape of some sort that allows us to step away from the situation when being uberslapped by multiple opponents,. that is not tied to a …..

Why do necros forget about spectral walk? Its more than a swiftness, it breaks stuns and can take you out of danger very quickly, you just have to know how to use it.

If you know you’re about to be up against some hammer stuns or static fields you can save your spectral walk for them. if you are about to run into a place where line or ring of warding are going to be a problem then you can just sever out of them. Its also good in smaller fights (or even larger fights where you are getting focused) to get out of danger (do I chase or stay where the walk started.. hmm) or generally confuse your opponent. Its a spectral skill so it also helps keep DS up, though where continuous stuns are a problem cooldown is more of an issue.

I still agree stability is too big of an issue for necros currently (to the point I have started just using guardian for large scale fights where stability will be an issue) but Spectral Walk doesn’t get its proper dues.

Lagg | Cat Six | Lögg | Heqx | Frame Loss

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

Spectral walk and Wurm has me get accused of cheating once in WvW, because “necro can’t teleport like that”, they said.

Unfortunately, it demands foresight and a lot of luck. If they are going the wrong way, aka my escape route, I’m just a flashing green target with swiftness.

If I get gang up without those 2 preparations, I can’t use Spectral walk to get away too.

I already suggested way back that Spectral get his swiftness duration and cooldown cut in half, so that we can use the juke more often. It’s not like a instant teleport, it requires preparation and the swiftness does not justify a 60 sec cooldown. Some other class have access to instant teleport on shorter cooldown already. Then it would see a lot more play I think.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I think necros should be able to use shields to give them more defensive options allowing them to function more as an attrition class and providing them with some tools to avoid focus fire. A potential skill could be for the next 3s enemies that attack you are feared for 1s, essentially the same as a block skill but with a necro twist, which of course could be countered with stability.

in Necromancer

tuman.6593

I think necros should be able to use shields to give them more defensive options allowing them to function more as an attrition class and providing them with some tools to avoid focus fire. A potential skill could be for the next 3s enemies that attack you are feared for 1s, essentially the same as a block skill but with a necro twist, which of course could be countered with stability.

Scepter or torch in offhand for magic shield f.e.

in Necromancer

Ozzy Toxin.3074

they need to speed up out cast times.. the way it is now almost everything is easy to interrupt, or impossible to use defensively at point blank range to try get someone off you because other classes cc is quicker

in Necromancer

Ozzy Toxin.3074

I find other necros the easiest class to kill while im on my necro =|…………………………

in Necromancer

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Is this thread for real? Necros have some of the widest variety of conditions to dump on multiple targets consistently….Hell, you can even trait it so that entering death shroud will dump bleeding and weakness on targets around you as well as the plethora of conditions available to you….

Granted this is a bit old now, but it’s still painfully easy to overpower just about any class / build as a condition necro:

(edited by Setun.4368)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Almost every high tier Necromancer disagrees with you. We have awful bleed stacking, bad access to any other damage conditions except Fear, which has the most counters of any condition in the game, we have no stability, no unique support, we are the easiest to focus in a teamfight, have no cleave, only burst AoE (not particularly that strong either), and subpar defensive mechanics that actively counter each other.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Forget balance. The more pressing issue is:

Necromancer is boring as **** to play.

So it doesn’t even matter if necromancer somehow become balanced. It will still be the most boring class in the game.

Nothing really excites me about the GW2 necro. Nowhere near GW1’s necro, which held my attention for 7 years.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in Necromancer

tuman.6593

Almost every high tier Necromancer disagrees with you. We have awful bleed stacking, bad access to any other damage conditions except Fear, which has the most counters of any condition in the game, we have no stability, no unique support, we are the easiest to focus in a teamfight, have no cleave, only burst AoE (not particularly that strong either), and subpar defensive mechanics that actively counter each other.

About stacking bleed. Mark of Blood(2) + Mark of Evasion(2) + Sigil of Geomancy(3) + Enter DS(2) + Dark Path(3) + Grasping Dead(2) + Enfeebling Blood(2) + Blood is Power(2) + Transfer Self Condition from Blood is Power(2) + Signet of Spite(2) + Scepter AA(2) = 24
Ofc with Barbed Precision it will be more but there a lot of traitable/sigils/utility skills and if we ignore them we got 14 stacks. Plus it stacking too slow and we need to increase our bleed duration. Also we have slow cast time and enemy can avade some of these skills. Now someone can tell me how other classes stacking their bleed and how quickly.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

About stacking bleed. Mark of Blood(2) + Mark of Evasion(2) + Sigil of Geomancy(3) + Enter DS(2) + Dark Path(3) + Grasping Dead(2) + Enfeebling Blood(2) + Blood is Power(2) + Transfer Self Condition from Blood is Power(2) + Signet of Spite(2) + Scepter AA(2) = 24
Ofc with Barbed Precision it will be more but there a lot of traitable/sigils/utility skills and if we ignore them we got 14 stacks. Plus it stacking too slow and we need to increase our bleed duration. Also we have slow cast time and enemy can avade some of these skills. Now someone can tell me how other classes stacking their bleed and how quickly.

Yeah realy optimistic , ppl in pvp sometimes dodge , block , interupt etc etc etc
+ 1 condi cleanse and bleeds are gone

in Necromancer

Posted by: djooceboxblast.9876

djooceboxblast.9876

So it doesn’t even matter if necromancer somehow become balanced. It will still be the most boring class in the game.

Nothing really excites me about the GW2 necro. Nowhere near GW1’s necro, which held my attention for 7 years.

I’m sorry but why are you here then? That is your personal opinion and has absolutely nothing to do with this threads topic. I enjoy necromancer the most out of any profession in the game. Back to topic please.

in Necromancer

djooceboxblast.9876

I do not think that our profession is bad at bleed stacking – actually the opposite. We are very good at stacking bleeds – the problem is that it is our main damage source on a condi build with a little support from poison and fear. This is why I have started to run dhuumfire again – and tbh, i think that the new version is better than the old. The only problem with the new dhuumfire is the cast time of life blast, but its not really that big of a deal.

Even though we can stack a high amount of bleeds – it doesnt really matter when the stacks get cleansed right away and you can start all over again. This is why sigil of frailty is a superb choice for condi necro using vulnerability as a cover condition for your bleeds and soft cc like chill, cripple and weakness.

in Necromancer

Forsaker.9213

Yeah Dj plaied few games 6/4/0/0/4 today and it was not bad and also started to use frailty , this one exta condi every 2s is realy big thing thb

in Necromancer

djooceboxblast.9876

Yeah Dj plaied few games 6/4/0/0/4 today and it was not bad and also started to use frailty , this one exta condi every 2s is realy big thing thb

Combining dhuumfire with doom is the best controllable burst we have had since gw2 release on a condi build. Yes, and you do not even need crit chance to proc frailty since it is on hit which makes it viable for both rabid and carrion. 6/4/0/0/4 with frailty can kill bunker eles if played right.

On my way to work this morning i had an idea. What if the dhuumfire trait also reduced the cast/activation time of life blast to 3/4 of a second? Would it be over the top? Would it make it more reliable? Would power builds benefit too much from it?

Imo it would make it a tiny bit more reliable to hit and combo dhuumfire with everything else in death shroud. Incendiary Powder is a master trait and basically does more damage than dhuumfire while also being easier to get off. Dhuumfire is a grand master trait and therefore i think this change could be justified. What do you guys think?

(edited by djooceboxblast.9876)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

I agree with Bhawb that say our Bleedstacking compare to a Ranger with Krait Runes is very weak, we are bad at most Condition stacking when it comes to speed it applies, we however are superior in the way we can “flip” them Deathly Swarm, Corrupt Boon, epidemic, Plague Signet aso. I Consider Necro still an ok Class when it comes to Condition all-in-all just not in applying.

I strongly disagree with CHIPS about Necro being the most boring Class to play and imho the only reason I still play the game or even visit this Forum is cause I love to play the Necro in good or bad times. Tought that were the case for most of us here tbh.

Necro only excells in 1part of this game atm and its WvW specially big Guild runs, when we run out with 25ppl we tend to have 4-6 Necs and our co-ordinated Well-Nuke kills more then anything else on the Battlefield its just a fact.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

djooceboxblast.9876

I agree with Bhawb that say our Bleedstacking compare to a Ranger with Krait Runes is very weak, we are bad at most Condition stacking when it comes to speed it applies, we however are superior in the way we can “flip” them Deathly Swarm, Corrupt Boon, epidemic, Plague Signet aso. I Consider Necro still an ok Class when it comes to Condition all-in-all just not in applying.

I strongly disagree with CHIPS about Necro being the most boring Class to play and imho the only reason I still play the game or even visit this Forum is cause I love to play the Necro in good or bad times. Tought that were the case for most of us here tbh.

Necro only excells in 1part of this game atm and its WvW specially big Guild runs, when we run out with 25ppl we tend to have 4-6 Necs and our co-ordinated Well-Nuke kills more then anything else on the Battlefield its just a fact.

Our bleed stacking is by no means weaker than a rangers. Scepter auto is insane at stacking bleeds by itself and even more so if combined with a high critical hit chance, barbed precision and an earth sigil. Our bleed duration on weapon skills are also longer by default. Ranger gets a high amount of bleed stacks faster – but has to maintain them by sustained attacking. A necromancer can let his bleeds roll while applying other conditions.

in Necromancer

Forsaker.9213

Dj try to run 6/4/0/0/4 , Orr runes , wurm/cb/poision could and ofc doom sigils :P

Such a troll

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

Have u looked at Krait Runes now and played Ranger, Ranger dominates Bleeds imo

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Forsaker.9213

i have no truble with rangers , let them stack those bleeds on me , then 1 transfer , chain fear gg

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

Best of luck to those rangers stacking bleeds to hambow warriors, d/d ele, guardian, necromancers, sword thieves with inf strike, Mesmers who remove 1 condi on stealth.

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

To clarify for all those who dont read on this Forum(quite alot apperantly): I said Rangers dominate in stacking up Bleeds and fast NOT that they are the best Condi class

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

After playing the Necro it always feels like people from other professions are complaining with their bellies full.

From my experience, elementalists complain about their cooldowns. I didn’t feel like anything had a very long cooldown. In fact since I could swap into 4 sets of weapon skills I always had something besides auto attacks available and multiple answers for each situation.
Who needs a large health pool when I can dodge, block and heal like mad?

The Necro feels unfinished, unpolished and sloppy.
Our class mechanic interferes with what should be our “unique” form of sustain, namely life steal. We are the “attrition” and yet have the worst sustain in the game.
The game is founded on active attacks and counters, we only have passive defenses.

Warriors have the same large HP pool and shared our sustain problems for the first year of play, namely I can never refill my HP. Suddenly they got that fixed AND their philosofical condition/mobility weaknesses solved becoming crazy OP.
When Necros got damage- Dhuumfire- after clamoring for survivability we got hotfix nerfed in sPvP and slowly shaved for the next year. Now Dhuumfire is "balanced"and nothing removed was reverted. Healing signet got a 8% shave.

WTF ANet?

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Lol engi was never a counter to necros.
Just go power instead of condis. It has insane dps. Or go petting zoo if you enjoy cheese and hate from the enemy team.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

We have objectively bad bleed stacking. It happens to be the most useful bleed stacking, because we do so at range and while applying other conditions, but it is simply a worse option than others. You can see it if you PvE, necromancers will rarely hit the bleed cap, and almost always sit around 15 at best, whereas others can hit and maintain 20+.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

CHIPS.6018

I’m sorry but why are you here then? That is your personal opinion and has absolutely nothing to do with this threads topic. I enjoy necromancer the most out of any profession in the game. Back to topic please.

Because in GW1 I used to have the option to sacrifice 33% of my maximum health.
Because in GW1 I used to be able to keep my WHOLE PARTY nearly immune to conditions.
Because in GW1 I could shut down people like mad.
Because in GW1 I had epic skills like Grenth’s Balance and Dark Aura.
Because in GW1 using minions was actually an ART.
Because in GW1 I could combo Animate Bone Horror+Death Nova+Ancestors’ Rage+Putrid Flesh
Because in GW1 I could combo Malign Intervention+Putrid Bile on masterless minion+Holy Spear on masterless minion.

I could go on. But I don’t feel like explaining myself too much. I played GW1 necro for 7 years. I cannot possibility tell you everything. But it is very sad for me to see how the awesome GW1 necro was totally ruined in GW2. Like EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of it.

I am not trying to show off. But sorry pardon me that I feel the GW2 necro are boring as ****. The profession’s skill ceiling is way too low, and there is little room for improvement or creativity. Let’s be honest. Nearly every necromancer uses the same 2 or 3 builds.

I used to write a lot. But nothing changed. And so I gave up.

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in Necromancer

alamore.1974

Because in GW1 I used to be able to keep my WHOLE PARTY nearly immune to conditions.
Because in GW1 I could combo Animate Bone Horror+Death Nova+Ancestors’ Rage+Putrid Flesh
Because in GW1 I could combo Malign Intervention+Putrid Bile on masterless minion+Holy Spear on masterless minion.

I could go on. But I don’t feel like explaining myself too much. I played GW1 necro for 7 years. I cannot possibility tell you everything. It blows my mind how they can take the awesome GW1 necro and totally ruin the whole thing in GW2. Like EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of it.

I am not trying to show off. But sorry pardon me that I feel the GW2 necro are boring as ****. The profession’s skill ceiling is way too low, and there is little room for improvement or creativity. Let’s be honest. Nearly every necromancer uses the same 2 or 3 builds.

This is not gw1 and will never be gw1
MM necros are one of the most boring builds to play.its the lazy man’s necro. You want to play a necro that takes more skill and active gameplay try a power well build( don’t burn all your wells at the same.time) or a hybrid scepter/ staff.

in Necromancer

CHIPS.6018

I could go on. But I don’t feel like explaining myself too much. I played GW1 necro for 7 years. I cannot possibility tell you everything. It blows my mind how they can take the awesome GW1 necro and totally ruin the whole thing in GW2. Like EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of it.

This is not gw1 and will never be gw1
MM necros are one of the most boring builds to play.its the lazy man’s necro. You want to play a necro that takes more skill and active gameplay try a power well build( don’t burn all your wells at the same.time) or a hybrid scepter/ staff.

Go run GW1 right now, and try Malign Intervention+Putrid Bile on masterless minion+Holy Spear on masterless minion. First find out what it actually does (do you even understand what I am trying to do here?) Then practice it in PvE. Finally practice it until your team can use it with you in Alliance Battle over TeamSpeak.

Then tell me with a straight face that minion master is boring.

Minion master “basic” is, of course, boring. But if you want to be a “S-Rank” minion master, and it takes a lot of work and practise. The same thing goes for other “S-Rank” combos in GW1.

In GW2, it is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to be a “S-Rank” minion master. The skill ceiling is very low.

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in Necromancer

alamore.1974

Again your comparing gw1 to gw2, That you mistake. They are not the same game
Yes MM in gw2 ‘re boring and it’s going to be like that for a while, until anet desides to change something witch won’t be for a while. If you want active MM go play gw1.
Get MM are boring atm change builds to something that takes more skill and you will have fun.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

the one thing i found out about necros, is that the higher you go in tpvp spv the more annoying it is to cast skills.. mostly you will be fighting instant casters and when on necro the sluggish cast times basically make you miss any skill that takes more then 3/4 seconds to cast.. lets not talk about the aftercast skills i guess.. but just to take note, the aftercast, travel time of necro skills usually render them useless.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Yeah realy optimistic , ppl in pvp sometimes dodge , block , interupt etc etc etc
+ 1 condi cleanse and bleeds are gone

You’ve literally just described what every condition build has to deal with, congrats.