Necrodiculous...

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Woogie.9127

Woogie.9127

I don’t know about any of you, but when I’m out killing things, leveling, etc. I can’t help but think about the following ridiculous things…

1. Hmm, for pets I could choose the following:
A. The skinless scorpion (probably the best looking)
B. 2 fugly rats from the blender
C. An inbred-hybrid between a xenomorph (Aliens) and a skinless chicken
D. a worm that can’t tunnel… crawl… or do much of anything…
E. That ghost pokemon
F. I’ll spec something else… ANYTHING else.

2. Seriously, why are there so many “headbands” in this game? Why on earth would an agent of Grenth wear a tiara and a frilly robe?

3. Why should I take cooking? Necromancers don’t cook, they sustain themselves on the blood of forum trolls and sacrifice kittens to Grenth. (yes, cat-kittens. Not a curse word)

Which leads me to my last point…

4. “I am a necromancer! BRINGER OF DEA… are those gold hearts and puzzle pieces floating around my WELL OF SUFFERING!!!! Ahhh FML…” Seriously?! Way to kill the mood…

Attachments:

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Otaking.4675

Otaking.4675

Not to mention the goody two shoes storyline where you help your good friends Petra and Whathisface from the Tavern. (Human :P) Rescuing kittens from trees with the reanimated corpse of someone’s mother and being hailed all over the city for it etc.

Cooking is great after handling dead things all day.

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Yup. Necromancer makes me depressed.

I wonder if the Devs even know what goes on in Necromancer forums. Or if they’ve ever actually bothered to use the class.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Well if we look at the GW2 necros, you pretty much see
a) most turn crazy after their days in society and start to worship giant undead snake dragons that are actually about as tall as your lich form and as big as a small settlement in pve zones
b) they are panzy necro-guardi-ele-hief-smers with salad as their head that had kinda sorta a deep storyline but then generalization turned them into idiots and kinda sorta ruined a big part of the plot.
c) british liches that dont give a kitten narf and take over the world! (que nations of the world by yakko) or at least africa and then say screw the world even the living representations of chaotic negative emotions and desires in forms of (not so)giant dragons are afraid to step on my lawn.

As for the headband, starting, CoF, Arah and Whispers, they all look great on charr.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

I can’t believe I never noticed that about the well animations! Ugh.

As for the light armor, I agree that the frilly stuff and masquerade masks is just ridiculous as “armor”, especially on males.

Bone minions, jagged gerbil, wurm, and the glowstick Lich form all need new skins.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brienson.7319

Brienson.7319

Not to mention the goody two shoes storyline where you help your good friends Petra and Whathisface from the Tavern. (Human :P) Rescuing kittens from trees with the reanimated corpse of someone’s mother and being hailed all over the city for it etc.

Cooking is great after handling dead things all day.

Funny enough, this was a major point to several jokes in Yahztee’s review of the game for Zero Punctuation.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6337-Guild-Wars-2#

dragonbrand—

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I can’t help but think about the following ridiculous things…

ref. Fugly rats from the blender, skinless chickenmorph, ghost pokemon…
SO FUNNY! Thanks, that’s a day maker right there.

ref. Why on earth would an agent of Grenth wear a tiara and a frilly robe?
Because if you got the body and confident attitude to pull it off, you should.

ref. Why should I take cooking?
Have you ever tried raw forum troll?

ref. “I am a necromancer! BRINGER OF DEA… Way to kill the mood…
I majored in pain with a minor in suffering.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

mm.. how about some skeleton warriors? no?

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: alexiusgreer.7543

alexiusgreer.7543

2. Seriously, why are there so many “headbands” in this game? Why on earth would an agent of Grenth wear a tiara and a frilly robe?

This is why I really like the “Dry Bones” or “Shadow” armor skin for my human necro. He actually looks the part and I use it for my condition build rabid set. I recently started using a powermancer build but have yet to really decent on another armor set that I actually like as I work on getting my exotics for the build…

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Outside of dry bones and 1 or 2 dungeon armors, the light armors in this game are way too… IDK… dapper? Renaissance?

Not much befitting a Necro.

Have no idea what they were thinking with that gem store superhero reject ‘profane’ outfit.

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Because Necromancers have to be decked out in black emo/goth looking crap with leather straps? Necromancers aren’t some creepy weirdos that play around in cemetaries at night and listen to Slayer (no offense to Slayer fans), they just control the “darker” side of magic (what most people would consider Black Magic).

Most of the light armor sets fit them just fine, barring the “frillier” stuff like the Winged set.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

i have to agree with the original poster on the wells issue,among others…
it feels so underwhelming as a necromancer
especially with the new flush-o-matic-flush-o-mancer toilet-like-sounds on our Staff
but that’s not even the worst of it
“Corrosive Poison Cloud”
not a poisonous cloud at all
more like puke being spun around in a salad tosser
our only “cool” looking spell is probably Epidemic because of the swirly blackness that actually LOOKS threatening
but goes away after 2 seconds
>,>

(edited by Alpha.1308)

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Slagburst.5304

Slagburst.5304

I have to agree. For example, wells. Instead of the way they are, have various specters rise up from the center and scream or do some creepy animation for each pulse.

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

My thought the other day while watching the enemies ant-like hordes xp-train around wvw maps was that “why can’t they unlatch my aoe cap?” so that at least I’d do everyone a favour by killing more dull, stupid and cretinous variety of zergers that don’t know what the red circles on the ground mean.

The answer was in the back of my mind is that the development team decided that they where more focused on “Tournament PvP” where this kind of thing might actually hurt too many people, dirty little WvW players engaging a guild war can go stick their dumb opinions in their rectum and somehow everyone missed the actual point-
That in order for tournament games to be cool and people to want to play them, you either have to stick big wads of cash out there for them to win or actually have people naturally gravitate to it on a competitive level. Because otherwise having a multinational company of any kind telling you ‘its like totally cool bro’ is a about as cool as having your grandpa give you fashion advice while your mum tries to wipe cheeto’s crumbs off your face in front of your friends… with a tissue and spit.

So they nerfed epidemic instead and this is why we can’t have nice things.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I have to agree with Bhawb. Perhaps I am being contrarian but I do not think a Necromancer need be dark and gloomy, even if I also do not like the Winged and Feathered sets. My personal favorites are not the standard crafted sets of armor but the dropped sets and karma purchases or recipes.

The well animations are fine. I kind of like the puzzle pieces and lucky charms. One good thing about the wells is that they do not mess up my view of the situation like a glowing dome might. On the other hand, if the wells had cute skulls and cross-bones or a ring of dancing skeletons gangnam style…

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Because Necromancers have to be decked out in black emo/goth looking crap with leather straps? Necromancers aren’t some creepy weirdos that play around in cemetaries at night and listen to Slayer (no offense to Slayer fans), they just control the “darker” side of magic (what most people would consider Black Magic).

Most of the light armor sets fit them just fine, barring the “frillier” stuff like the Winged set.

And Ele’s just control elements, and Mesmer’s just control illusions, all use magic, great now everyone dresses the same.

Who said it had to be goth/emo, dry bones is not goth nor emo per se, but it does evoke death. The stuff Necros are knee deep in. Variety is the spice of life, and that’s all people want. They have half a dozen armors that fit into ‘going to the ball’ but not enough befitting a war-mage, going out into dark and dangerous places in the world and battling for their lives, regardless of what magic the class might practice. Several of the light sets look like they should be town clothes tbh. People want to look the part, and should not be shoe horned into one person’s interpretation of it.

Here’s a concept of our Lich Form, more armor similar to this would be good.

Same issue with legendaries, not much to choose from a traditional Necro looking perspective. I don’t even want to pursue one because they are not aesthetically pleasing to the professions theme. Warriors get a choice, a dark sword or a light sword. Variety, nice.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

I like the idea of having deformed abominations as your minions is a nice break from the normal skellys zombies and other assorted undead.

Tho If I was going to frankenstein a dog-ish creature I would have picked a skull better adapt at biting.

The ONLY way I seem them doing big enough changes to the models at this point is to have traits that improve the minions do it.
Like training of the master could change the bone minions skull to more of a hounds or maybe a gator’s skull. And Vampiric master could maybe add little bat wings to them. (I know fangs would make more sense but wings would actually be noticeable and still give the vampire feel to them.)
Stuff like that for each minion might be some work but it would make people like minions more because it would feel like they are designing them to a degree.

but before that they need to buff them or give us some indirect ways to buff them so they are viable in general play. I mean how long have people been asking for ‘out of combat’ healing on ALL minions?

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Woogie.9127

Woogie.9127

^-Couldn’t agree more.

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

And Ele’s just control elements, and Mesmer’s just control illusions, all use magic, great now everyone dresses the same.

Who said it had to be goth/emo, dry bones is not goth nor emo per se, but it does evoke death. The stuff Necros are knee deep in. Variety is the spice of life, and that’s all people want. They have half a dozen armors that fit into ’going to the ball’ but not enough befitting a war-mage, going out into dark and dangerous places in the world and battling for their lives, regardless of what magic the class might practice. Several of the light sets look like they should be town clothes tbh. People want to look the part, and should not be shoe horned into one person’s interpretation of it.

Here’s a concept of our "Lich Form":http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/d/d9/Dhuum.jpg, more armor similar to this would be good.

Same issue with legendaries, not much to choose from a traditional Necro looking perspective. I don’t even want to pursue one because they are not aesthetically pleasing to the professions theme. Warriors get a choice, a dark sword or a light sword. Variety, nice.

A) thats Dhuum *kitten slap* Dont insult him.
B) Google Wraith Lord GW2, then compare it to our lich form and youll get where it got the design from.
C) Frostfang, Kraitkin and Kamohoali -get those mother kittening undead sharks and shirmps from my underwater- Kotaki

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kyskythyn.6471

Kyskythyn.6471

I dunno, something about my tiara, princess wand, and shiny pink orb just screams, “I AM DEATH INCARNATE!”

Now…about that rainbow staff….

Miss Kysie – S/F condi bunker ele
River of Tears – S/D glass ele
Solo and small group roamer

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramiah.5648

Ramiah.5648

I actually really REALLY like the options I have as a necro. When playing my human, I am a noble, suave, sophisticated, and full of dark power. The waistcoats and “frilly” stuff serve to mark my noble birth AND to recognize that it is controlled, unemotional power that I wield.
And the looks of minions? I don’t make them to be nice-looking, I make them to be functional. Who has the time to find a complete corpse with a weapon? I’d rather just pull whatever parts my magic can find in the area. Rats are perfect because I want them to sneakily run to an enemy and explode, not run into the sword of an enemy and die. Devourer corpses are perfect for range, a skeletal archer would be hard to find the material for and then I’d have to supply him with a bow and arrows. No think you, the tail-darts do nicely.
And excuse me, lower classes, perhaps you do not understand what lying and subterfuge are. Oh sure, I help my friends, or the organizations that is trying to save the world I happen to live upon, but my intentions are far from altruistic. By infiltrating the organizations and playing along, I learn all I need to avoid them or take the down AND I get pawns to help me clear the current threat and make way for my inevitable rule. Never use more than one stone to kill two birds if you can help it.

And then there’s my charr. Who loves necromantic magic for the holy abilities it gives him to heal and protect his friends. He wears the feathered get-up colored gold and white. Wells of healing and protection support his team while he chills and cripples the ones who try and run from justice.

……. yea, I like to play both sides…….

Thy faithful servant asketh for thy blessing. Honor us with the splendor of thy song.
Protect us… Holy Song!

(edited by Ramiah.5648)

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Sometimes I like to get into the roleplaying mood as a necro, especially in wvw. For instance one time after leaving our borderland spawn I went west down the stairs and cliffs. At the bottom, I found a dead person. I start chatting him up..

“Aha! Another corpse to add to my minions!”

Starts Rezzing.

“ty sir”

“oh you’re quite welcome…..”

Another person falls from the cliff and goes splat.

“It must be my lucky day! It’s raining corpses!! =D”

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

I actually really REALLY like the options I have as a necro. When playing my human, I am a noble, suave, sophisticated, and full of dark power. The waistcoats and "frilly" stuff serve to mark my noble birth AND to recognize that it is controlled, unemotional power that I wield.
And the looks of minions? I don’t make them to be nice-looking, I make them to be functional. Who has the time to find a complete corpse with a weapon? I’d rather just pull whatever parts my magic can find in the area. Rats are perfect because I want them to sneakily run to an enemy and explode, not run into the sword of an enemy and die. Devourer corpses are perfect for range, a skeletal archer would be hard to find the material for and then I’d have to supply him with a bow and arrows. No think you, the tail-darts do nicely.
And excuse me, lower classes, perhaps you do not understand what lying and subterfuge are. Oh sure, I help my friends, or the organizations that is trying to save the world I happen to live upon, but my intentions are far from altruistic. By infiltrating the organizations and playing along, I learn all I need to avoid them or take the down AND I get pawns to help me clear the current threat and make way for my inevitable rule. Never use more than one stone to kill two birds if you can help it.

And then there’s my charr. Who loves necromantic magic for the holy abilities it gives him to heal and protect his friends. He wears the feathered get-up colored gold and white. Wells of healing and protection support his team while he chills and cripples the ones who try and run from justice.

....... yea, I like to play both sides.......

*evil green glowing ice spikes rupture from the ground* Stupid mortal you dareth speak to me? A immortal lich of Ascalon? I SAW NATIONS AND RACES RISE AND FALL WHILE YOU DIDNT EVEN EXIST! *maniac poison smoke or ecto cooler drooling out of my mouth* Now i shall show you true class *puts on top hat and summons 6 lower halfs of raptors that shoot their spiked spines at people; 5 little half digested piles of meat that upon death turn into skeletal bombs of bile and a giant half Centrosaurus half Utahraptor!* NOW THAT IS A UNDEAD ARMADA PETTY HUMAN *orders all of my undead to stomp you into a pile of goo*
Oh my god thats a cute little demented black sperm demon, ill keep it *steals your shadow fiend after spitting ecto cooler and/or poison on your remains and exploiting your corpse to summon 2 little skeletons with more teeththan the osmond family and turning into a little white haired girl with a full armor of chains and skulls from a massive demented shadow lich*

This is a example of what happens when my necro meets your necro in RP.

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Ramiah.5648

Interesting… I arranged this meeting on an open field with no corpses nearby. You had a good, long trek to get out here too so degen is not nice for you. Good luck with that. Oh did I mention I actually have more skills than you? I run faster too, in case you manage to find some little squirrel corpse to exploit or something. I don’t have to run much faster than you, just enough to stay away till your minions fall over re-dead. Mine… well, mine don’t do that.
And what is that you are wearing, spikes on pleather spandex? Oh hunneh, you need a lot more help than what I can give you in this one meeting. Come with me, let’s start with the makeover and go from there. Yes, yes, the world loves me and hates you, but lets start with the clothes and hideous tattoos you are wearing and then work our way up to manipulation.

Thy faithful servant asketh for thy blessing. Honor us with the splendor of thy song.
Protect us… Holy Song!

(edited by Ramiah.5648)

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Technically you could BotM and Taste the golem forever to keep perma regen up on the minions and unlike you i can hold a rotation of perma lifesteal with Awaken the Blood, Offering of Blood, Vampiric Bite, Touch of Agony, Vampiric Touch, but since its RP land kitten you just got hit for 110% of your hp with spiteful spirit and im still better than you in every way except in graphical fidelity and being able to play as a charr charr.

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Ramiah.5648

im still better than you in every way except in graphical fidelity and being able to play as a charr charr.

So… even you admit I am better than you :P

Protect us… Holy Song!

Necrodiculous...

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

im still better than you in every way except in graphical fidelity and being able to play as a charr charr.

So… even you admit I am better than you :P

You have the more polished combat, engine, reward system and kittenz, i have the better skills, gameplay setup, pvp, lore, storyline and rewards