Necromancer Bug Fixes 04.15.14

in Necromancer

Posted by: sternenstaub.8763

sternenstaub.8763

Here are the Necromancer bug fixes:

Necromancer
Reanimator: This trait has been merged into Death Nova.
New Adept Minor Trait—Armored Shroud: Gain bonus toughness while in death shroud.
Protection of the Horde: This trait has been merged into Flesh of the Master.
New Master Minor Trait—Soul Comprehension: Increases the passive life force generation from nearby deaths.
Plague Signet: The activation of this signet will now transfer blind, instead of causing the skill to miss.
Reaper’s Touch: This skill no longer uses a longer casting animation when traited with Spiteful Talisman. Updated the skill fact to indicate the correct regeneration duration (5 seconds).
Vampiric Master: Reduced the effectiveness of this trait by 10%. The healing portion of this trait will now scale with the necromancer’s healing power stat.
Reaper’s Mark: This skill no longer has a reduced cast time when traited with Greater Marks.
Death Shroud: Fixed a bug that caused necromancer skills to be locked for 1 second after exiting death shroud. Removed old text from this skill’s description stating that entering Death Shroud removes spectral effects.
Lich Form: Fixed a bug in which entering Lich Form would not remove all of the effects of Spectral Walk. Fixed a bug in which this skill would occasionally go on full cooldown after being interrupted.
Quickening Thirst: Fixed a bug in which this trait would not activate if a player only had a dagger in their off-hand.
Blood to Power: Fixed a bug in which this trait would not correctly update the player’s power stat.
Death Nova: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from properly activating when a player is down.
Putrid Explosion: This skill is no longer unblockable.
Training of the Master: Reduced the damage increase to minions from 30% to 25%.
Dhuumfire: This trait has been changed so that it will make Life Blast inflict 3 seconds of burning with a 10-second recharge. This trait is no longer split between PvP and PvE.
Plague: Fixed a bug that caused the ring effect to persist on the player if they exited the skill early.
Signet of Vampirism: Fixed a bug that caused downed players to be immune to the signet.
Corrosive Poison Cloud: Added an unblockable skill fact.
Chilling Wind: Added a skill fact for number of targets: 3.
Tainted Shackles: Added a skill fact for immobilize. Added a duration skill fact.
Putrid Mark: Added a skill fact for number of conditions removed.
Marks: Added a blast radius skill fact to all marks on the staff weapon (4 total).
Deadly Feast: Added skill facts for duration and number of impacts.
Locust Swarm: Added skill facts for duration and number of impacts.
Signet Mastery: Added might skill facts to all necromancer signet skills while this trait is equipped.
Life Siphon: Updated the skill fact to scale correctly with healing power.
Life Leech: Updated the skill fact to scale correctly with healing power.
Blood Is Power: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill’s self-bleed from activating if the necromancer had no target.

What do you think about this?
Especially combining the minor traits (Reanimator and Prot. of the Horde) is a big thing, as this was requested since ever. Also, I just tried Blood Necromancer in hotjoin and ruled. Well, most likely because every player is just trying hotjoin right now for getting PvE stuff… and has no idea of PvP. Anyway, some nice stealth fixes and changes I did certainly not expect.

Wasn’t the prolonging effect of spectral skills in DS considered as a bug? Seems like they changed their mind and this is now here to stay

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Spectrals in DS were intended, it was patched in on purpose, along with a few accompanying changes/nerfs. Besides that, the new changes buffed MM quite nicely.

The bug changes were really nice overall.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: sternenstaub.8763

sternenstaub.8763

Spectrals in DS were intended, it was patched in on purpose, along with a few accompanying changes/nerfs. Besides that, the new changes buffed MM quite nicely.

Must have missed that intended part.

The buff is great, even though I did not feel weak on MM. But for me, the more interesting part is opening the trait line for meaningful use without minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

if someone uses a cleric/siphon build i would like some feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Well, Vampiric Master seems to have all right scaling. At 200 Healing Power, it heals for 46. At four-hundred fifty-five, it heals for 50. At 583, 52. I have no other healing power gear to throw on to test, but it actually scales.

Renewing Blast has as base heal of 345 and a Healing Power coefficient of .45. That is stupidly strong for sustained healing.

EDIT: Had to spell out “four-hundred fifty-five” because the numerical version is censored.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

if someone uses a cleric/siphon build i would like some feedback

I use clerics MM siphon, its sweet. Only worry is if I don’t deal enough damage to actually finish off certain builds, but honestly I heal for so much its crazy. CC is a 8060 base heal, plus 866 per condition, dagger 2, siphons, plus I have 50% boon duration (so easy 100% regen/retal uptimes), leeching sigils, etc. If I don’t have to worry about conditions I can throw in WoB and then its just a matter of how many people they have to send at me to kill me.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Well, Vampiric Master seems to have all right scaling. At 200 Healing Power, it heals for 46. At four-hundred fifty-five, it heals for 50. At 583, 52. I have no other healing power gear to throw on to test, but it actually scales.

Renewing Blast has as base heal of 345 and a Healing Power coefficient of .45. That is stupidly strong for sustained healing.

EDIT: Had to spell out “four-hundred fifty-five” because the numerical version is censored.

It still doesn’t change the fact it is nearly impossible to actually heal with the lifeblast. The healing effect should have been a PBAOE around the target hit, not in the line of the shot. Playing around with it for a little while it became clear, it was never going to be a viable heal beyond following an ally around and no-scoping them. And even with the scaling, it is a long 1 second cast, it is dependent on having DS to actually use the skill….

It may have a place in zerg stuff, but it as not a good small scale skill at all.

In fact aside from Path or Corruption, I found all of them very weak.

Spite 30 is just too minimal an effect for what used to be in that spot, a free burning on 100% chance crit. It was too good, but I don’t think this trait does what it needed to do, which was provide viable sustain.

Curses 30 is amazing, plain and simple, it is my favorite by far, and most effective, as it is good to flip two boons even on classes like necro.

Death 30 was regen in DS, it was weak, but we knew it was weak.

Blood 30 REALLY made me sad…. it pulls one condition every 3 seconds from 1 ally and gives back 5% LF. On the surface it sounds okay, but when you realize the pulse doesn’t happen till 3 seconds in, you are forced to stay in DS for AT LEAST 3 seconds to get anything out of the trait. Don’t bother DS flashing…. should have been immediate on entry, and then 3 seconds later etc.

And as I mentioned above on SR 30, not practical because of the small hitbox on the linear projectile heal.

Best build I have run so far was a 0 30 20 0 20. Felt like pre-dumbfire patch necro all over again. Also the new death magic minors are a welcome change.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

thx for feedback drarnor+bhawb
Revelation : Heal on exiting ds+life tranfer+taking condis from allies (even in its form now) + heal on life blast => devs aim for a ds healer o.o

too bad we cant heal ourselves at the same time -.-

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

+1 Rennoko.

New traits are a joke, excluded Path of Corruption.

Unholy Sanctuary requires too much Healing Power, Vital Persistence and having a lot of Life Force generation to work properly, for a mediocre effect.

Life Comprehension too doesn’t have any meaningful effect.

Reanimator has been nerfed to get merged to Death Nova: by the tooltip Jagged Horrors have a precise life span, so potentially you can’t have more than 2 of them out.

What I didn’t like at all was the crit damage nerf which actually forces player playing with Deathly Perception to play with Ferocity/Berserker gear otherwise having a ridicle damage.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

Flesh golem is still bugged, doesn’t attack anything, broken elite skill.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Jagged Horror lifespan at level 80:
With Flesh of the Master: ~41 seconds
Without Flesh of the Master: ~28 seconds

Tested by going into WvW, killing an animal, then timing how long it lasted without healing or taking damage.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Jagged horrors weren’t nerfed, they just finally said how they degen. And frankly, it wouldn’t be a meaningful nerf if they did, compared to the straight buffs they did to DM in general.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Never said they were nerfed. Someone earlier in the thread was under the impression that ANet actually updated Death Nova’s tooltip properly after the merge. Heck, the new Adept Minor shows it has a 15 second cooldown, despite the fact that would make no sense at all.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Someone else did :P

And while they did update a lot of tooltips, we’re still Necros, don’t expect too much.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

On a related note, Hemophilia’s effect on tooltips is bugged. It shows a +45% duration increase in bleeds when you equip the trait. It still only actually increases them by the intended 20%, however.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

Question: If I was using knights and have the 300 healing power alone from the trait line, how much of a nerf have I received to my minion master healing through vampiric master? I checked the wiki and it says it does 72 healing there. I am assuming that is pre-patch info. On my tooltip WITH Bloodthirst active as well, I see a heal of 57. If the wiki info was WITHOUT bloodthirst, then it is even worse. This is more than a 10% nerf if this is to be believed. I would like them to clarify that it was more than a 10% nerf if this is true so everyone simply knows we are getting played for fools if we are. I think it would be dishonest to just say 10% if I have received more than a 10% nerf to the healing portion of the skill.

Not to mention, with the base 300 Healing power it should actually be less than a 10% nerf anyway because it would be (10% – whatever % you get from scaling the 300 healing power).

What actual change did I get? Are the tooltips wrong? Did the base 300 healing power actually benefit me or offset it? All I care about is healing from the trait, not dps loss.

Kinda confused. I would love to know the ACTUAL effective change to healing power with and without bloodthirst.

I need to know the actual % of survivability I lost due to their inherent hate of minion mastery. I would even be glad with an actual 10% nerf if they were to fix the bloody a.i. routing so it would be less pants on head stupid.

I already barely had healing due to the fact minions tend to kill themselves very quickly… not attack.. get stuck on walls… run in the wrong direction. Should I switch to a popular overpowered cookie cutter build that takes less skill to use? It was already a pain to keep the things out long enough to even get healing in the first place.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

(edited by Sahfur.5612)