Necromancer Minion "AI" (VIDEO)

in Necromancer

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

If you check my history you will see that I am someone who tries to play positively. Because I love this game.

I was always tolerant of bugs and errors in this game because I know how difficult it can be to develop something that big. But there are certain things which at this point should not be missed.

How ArenaNet, play their game and not be dying of shame of how the AI minions works?

I love the new content added every month, but seriously they believe that users want that before critical things like this?

Check the video ( Sorry for the Music :P ) . The first part you will see the Flesh Golem pulling without control. He will continue doing that until I or the enemies are dead.

Then the squirrel spawn and did.. nothing til he died! How useful is that?

The second part, you will se the Minion Doing nothing meanwhile i’m attacked by 3+ mobs. At the end he react but there are cases that he don’t. I was lucky.

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Wow, that is amazingly pathetic AI. I hope ANet watches this.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

I actually like how it ignores enemies for a while, can be used as an infinite shield.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kinohki.3470

Kinohki.3470

The Kin decided to post this video in the general discussion. Hopefully we can raise some awareness over the issue. The Kin bought the game on release day. The fact that the minion AI STILL done this last night in WvW when playing after several months now…This is inexcusable.

in Necromancer

marianitten.1247

The Kin decided to post this video in the general discussion. Hopefully we can raise some awareness over the issue. The Kin bought the game on release day. The fact that the minion AI STILL done this last night in WvW when playing after several months now…This is inexcusable.

you talk about yourself in third person? :P Weird

in Necromancer

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

:D I read his voice as a strong Indian Cheiftian, and then an anime character.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

Hahahah This made my day!

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I really like the comments, they made me smile. But to be honest, this has been my experience with all the minions. Refusal to go attack/change targets unless it is RIGHT on top of me. This video was even worse…. the thing just stands there for a good 10 seconds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Both of those are similar with every ai issue. The jagged horrors have always been horrendous. IN the first part of the fight he attacked everyone who hit you once or was within a certain range.

The second pathing issue is even worse with ranger pets and engineer turrets. It’s also easily fixed by simply using your pets utility which you never once attempted to do. Also in the case of the four guys attacking you. You never once attacked until near the end. Maybe he thought you wanted to die.

If you attack, and you don’t drop off a hill to attack they will pick up the attack as well. If you stand there and just get beat to death they will do nothing unless they are hit at which point they will attack. Is it annoying sure, but it’s not the worst thing ever like you are painting it to be. We covered these issues and remedies for them in the Minion mancer Q and A thread.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Hey guys, we are aware of the minion issue and we’ll be looking into it, hopefully we’ll have the fix next patch on the 28th so make sure to check on the balances that we’ll be bringing to this profession, the warrior.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Both of those are similar with every ai issue. The jagged horrors have always been horrendous. IN the first part of the fight he attacked everyone who hit you once or was within a certain range.

The second pathing issue is even worse with ranger pets and engineer turrets. It’s also easily fixed by simply using your pets utility which you never once attempted to do. Also in the case of the four guys attacking you. You never once attacked until near the end. Maybe he thought you wanted to die.

If you attack, and you don’t drop off a hill to attack they will pick up the attack as well. If you stand there and just get beat to death they will do nothing unless they are hit at which point they will attack. Is it annoying sure, but it’s not the worst thing ever like you are painting it to be. We covered these issues and remedies for them in the Minion mancer Q and A thread.

I get what you are saying, but the utlity on fatty often makes things worse, like charging him off in the wrong direction, or kitten off other mobs. And it didn’t respond when it got attacked, it responded 3-4 seconds later.

Why is it so hard to tie the minons attack to the target you attack? Or even the target attacking you. Why would they stand around when you are being hit, and then randomly decide to go an a tear against everything nearby?

I am glad you have work arounds that make minions somewhat tolerable, but that isn’t good enough when non-pet skills just work. (most of them). You are already at a horrible disadvantage using pets in WvW because of AOE, and the AI makes it just crazy to even attempt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

This video is depressing, but not for the reason you think.

You never acquired a target for your minions. Most minions will never attack mobs until you attack them. Flesh Golem is exceptional in this regard in that it does occasionally acquire targets that haven’t aggroed onto anything yet. (I suspect it is also quick to turn on mobs that have turned aggressive to it, but not to the Necro, but can’t say for sure.) This behavior is to prevent minions from forcibly engaging every mob between point A and point B.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

This video is depressing, but not for the reason you think.

You never acquired a target for your minions. Most minions will never attack mobs until you attack them. Flesh Golem is exceptional in this regard in that it does occasionally acquire targets that haven’t aggroed onto anything yet. (I suspect it is also quick to turn on mobs that have turned aggressive to it, but not to the Necro, but can’t say for sure.) This behavior is to prevent minions from forcibly engaging every mob between point A and point B.

Thanks, this is what I was trying to point out. Though I will admit that they actually don’t attack until you actually hit them. It’s one of the reasons I hate the staff with Minions if they don’t hit the trap your minion stands there. And if you screw up and take a shortcut over a wall or off a cliff while attacking, than you either have to wait until they run down stop stand beside you reset their setup and then attack. If you jump down without being in combat they will appear immediately beside you.

The only minion who has extreme pathing and targeting issues is the Bone minion. They will sometimes get stuck fighting nothing 100 feet from your target so you can’t blow them up which defeats the point of them. I have since dumped them for teh amazing Flesh Wurm.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

It’s extremely lame how the minions act, so I hope this will be addressed in the upcoming update. While the other elites are nice, they are more like a “I win button” for that exact moment and I (and many other players for that matter) would sacrifice a lot that power for something more like the flesh golem. To bad he is currently a knockdown with a fairly large cast time, but even then I still find myself using him.

I heard summoning him mid fight will net you better results, but having to kill off your minion after each fight by switching elites is tedious.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zatria.5783

Zatria.5783

Yeah, that is pretty bad.

How old is D2, 20 years or so? I dunno, but that game had better minion control than what your video shows for GW2.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shukaku.6287

Shukaku.6287

minions never worked (from release). HOW MUCH time do u need to fix something that important?, i mean, necros are like everything about minions (at least elite meat-shield-useless golem) and they didn’t touch minions at all, so mad with Anet, they jsut don’t care

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sodzilla.5239

Sodzilla.5239

I’ve been playing as a Necromancer since the headstart. I know there are tricks to get Necro minion AI kind of working, but these tricks don’t always work and sometimes make fights worse. If the death magic line didn’t encourage minion use as much as it does I might understand Anet’s decision to ignore the AI issue as long as they have. As it stands, I’ve played quite a few mmos and playing as a Minion Master Necromancer feels like I’m testing a game that’s still in beta.
I know my words won’t mean much to many. I’ve never used Fraps before, but I thought I’d try my hand at it to give a better example of what I see running around as a Necromancer with minions out. This footage was from about 15 minutes or so of me in game and only showcases problems with the shadow fiend and flesh golem. These two minions seem to be the ones that exhibit problems the most, though I’ve seen these same issues at times with any minion that moves including jagged horrors. Maybe it’s just my minions that are “special”, but this is a fairly typical depiction of me running around with minions solo. Perhaps some of the Captain Hindsights on this forum can tell me what I “should’ve” or “could’ve” done better after watching it. I just don’t believe Necros should have to jump through hoops to “maybe” have a chance of minions just attacking targets.

Oh and I’m not going to apologize for the music in the video. I’ve found the song often helps at times when running with minions out.

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Just as a note, bone minions are the worst in terms of buggy ai, your shadow fiend was pretty good in attacks, I have no idea what is going on with your flesh golem. You did everything that you were supposed to do, and your flesh stolen just watched. I would screenshot your combat log and send in a bug report to anet.

I didn’t notice anything wrong with either fiend. As bad as that was, my main was an engineer, and turrets are much much worse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ngel.9847

ngel.9847

From what i have noticed you can manage the minion behavior a bit if you mess with the following options:

Stop Autoattacking on Target Change
Autotargeting
Promote skill target

Not a solution in any way to be sure, but i found out that at least the Flesh Golem behaves much less erratically when the automated options are off.

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

I’ve been playing as a Necromancer since the headstart. I know there are tricks to get Necro minion AI kind of working, but these tricks don’t always work and sometimes make fights worse. If the death magic line didn’t encourage minion use as much as it does I might understand Anet’s decision to ignore the AI issue as long as they have. As it stands, I’ve played quite a few mmos and playing as a Minion Master Necromancer feels like I’m testing a game that’s still in beta.
I know my words won’t mean much to many. I’ve never used Fraps before, but I thought I’d try my hand at it to give a better example of what I see running around as a Necromancer with minions out. This footage was from about 15 minutes or so of me in game and only showcases problems with the shadow fiend and flesh golem. These two minions seem to be the ones that exhibit problems the most, though I’ve seen these same issues at times with any minion that moves including jagged horrors. Maybe it’s just my minions that are “special”, but this is a fairly typical depiction of me running around with minions solo. Perhaps some of the Captain Hindsights on this forum can tell me what I “should’ve” or “could’ve” done better after watching it. I just don’t believe Necros should have to jump through hoops to “maybe” have a chance of minions just attacking targets.

Oh and I’m not going to apologize for the music in the video. I’ve found the song often helps at times when running with minions out.

Much better.

On the bright side, Bone Fiend and Blood Fiend were very consistent, and Shadow Fiend only really messed up twice.

On the dark side, Shadow Fiend was still screwing up sometimes. And Flesh Golem… Once or twice it looked like all the sand/water beach borders might have been messing him up (hey, if I despawned the second I hit deep water, I’d be nervous too) but he could also be on the same landmass as the Karka and not rush in to attack.

Out of curiosity, do you remember if that was the same Flesh Golem throughout the entire video? Or did you ever have to re-summon it? It seems to me that sometimes once a minion gets ‘stuck’ the only solution is to kill and re-summon it, which is a bad solution, but I’m interested to know if it would / wouldn’t have worked here.

in Necromancer

marianitten.1247

Much better.

On the bright side, Bone Fiend and Blood Fiend were very consistent, and Shadow Fiend only really messed up twice.

On the dark side, Shadow Fiend was still screwing up sometimes. And Flesh Golem… Once or twice it looked like all the sand/water beach borders might have been messing him up (hey, if I despawned the second I hit deep water, I’d be nervous too) but he could also be on the same landmass as the Karka and not rush in to attack.

Out of curiosity, do you remember if that was the same Flesh Golem throughout the entire video? Or did you ever have to re-summon it? It seems to me that sometimes once a minion gets ‘stuck’ the only solution is to kill and re-summon it, which is a bad solution, but I’m interested to know if it would / wouldn’t have worked here.

It’s the same Flesh Golem. I spend … 5 minutes to make that video because is so easy show how bad the AI is.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

Crappy minion AI isn’t a secret. Today I was in WvW with my flesh Golem, got attacked, started attacking, and he stood there right next to the person doing literally nothing. I used his ability to charge, he charged, knocked the person down then ran back to my side without attacking once.

I still stick to a minion build however because it’s how I like my necromancer, it’s why I made a necromancer and I’m sticking out till the end. It is however sad that in every game ever I’ve loved necromancers and now I kind of wish I had made my main a mesmer instead of a necro… sad sad day indeed.

in Necromancer

marianitten.1247

Crappy minion AI isn’t a secret. Today I was in WvW with my flesh Golem, got attacked, started attacking, and he stood there right next to the person doing literally nothing. I used his ability to charge, he charged, knocked the person down then ran back to my side without attacking once.

I still stick to a minion build however because it’s how I like my necromancer, it’s why I made a necromancer and I’m sticking out till the end. It is however sad that in every game ever I’ve loved necromancers and now I kind of wish I had made my main a mesmer instead of a necro… sad sad day indeed.

Most unfortunately ArenaNet silence on the matter.

these last weeks their get tired of giving interviews on the changes and new things that will put in the game. But something totally broken like this, pure silence.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Brilliant!

My favourite part; “They are throwing flowers at you?”…. “Oh no, it’s fire”

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morvian.3270

Morvian.3270

I’ve found the minion AI to be better lately than it was originally. Perhaps it’s because I have less play time now, or maybe because my play style has changed.

I’ve actually had pretty great results in hot joins with this build for PvP:

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=;04cZ-F0-IFJ0v3VI-K0;9;4J-JT-48;229-57A;15Rk0-N;0OZG5OZG56gR

The minions seem to be performing well. Mostly they focus on my target. The Bone Fiend has had no issues. The Bone Minions will sometimes not be where I expect but it is easily attributable in those cases to cripple or chill. It never looks like bad pathing. The Flesh Golem has the lowest success rate. 90% of the time he works fine. But that other 10% he is running around hitting whatever enemy player is closest. On the plus side I haven’t had him stand around being useless since I adopted this build.

I do think many of the issues are tied to the Staff. Since I’m primarily using D/F now, I am always initiating combat against a single static target. With Staff you run into two problems. Firstly, you aren’t directly initiating the fight. You have a mark on the ground that later triggers to deal damage. Secondly, you are more often than not hitting multiple targets at the same time. I suspect this might cause the minion AI to either freeze or select a target that is different from your actual target. That is just conjecture though.

in Necromancer

Sodzilla.5239

Much better.

It wasn’t the same Flesh Golem the entire video. I believe that was the second one I was on by the last fight recorded. It had died something like two fights before that while I was trying to rebind the key for Fraps. I follow you on the killing it off resets it’s AI though. If its behavior has made me mad enough, occasionally I’ll have it charge out over open water and drown just for an extra go at summoning one that attacks again. Another thing I’ve noticed with minions is that if you summon any of them during fights, most of the time the bugged ones will reset and fight too. You can notice the Flesh Golem almost working again the last fight in the video after I summon Shadow Fiend, but unfortunately, he didn’t quite fix himself and stayed broken.

Regardless, though not the most pressing issue in the game right now, this issue should be fixed. It’s very noticeable, very much hinders an entire playing style of the Necromancer, and makes the class look neglected to its player base. The worst of it to me, is when I use minions and put up with their bugs, I often feel just as dumb as my minions for using minions when I could be using a spec that’s consistently reliable. I started the Necromancer because of it’s minions, and continue to use them off and on because when they’re working, I have fun with them.

And to Bas.7406, about the Engineer, I completely understand your pain. My first alt after hitting 80 with my Necromancer was an Engineer because I thought turrets would be good group support and the kits would offer a fun playing style. While still fun at times, the Engineer is parked just below 50 now.

Even with it’s faults, I still very much enjoy playing my Necromancer. I’m sure Anet is aware of our minion issues, I just don’t think it hurts for them to occasionally be reminded that the issue is important to the players that play the class. I do remain hopeful that minion AI will be fixed, though I’m a little less hopeful with each patch that it will be addressed in a timely fashion. Who knows though, maybe we’ll see some sort of start with fixing it in the patch tomorrow.

in Necromancer

TheAgedGnome.7520

Something that just occurred to me…the ANet class philosophy for necro from 12/14/2012:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-December-14-2012/999247

The necro boasts the highest natural health of all the caster classes, and also has death shroud to extend that life total even higher. While they don’t have some of the escape or damage reduction capabilities that other classes boast, they do have a lot of ways to win attrition fights. They have access to poison on multiple weapons, they are able to combine condition damage with raw damage, and they have multiple disables to interrupt enemy skills. Necromancers also have multiple movement disabling abilities, while allows them to chase down enemies who are low on health.

The word “minion”, or even the idea of summoning undead, is not even present in that description. I don’t mean to read too much into that, but I found it interesting, especially if you contrast it with the Ranger description in the same post.

in Necromancer

Sodzilla.5239

Something that just occurred to me…the ANet class philosophy for necro from 12/14/2012:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-December-14-2012/999247

The necro boasts the highest natural health of all the caster classes, and also has death shroud to extend that life total even higher. While they don’t have some of the escape or damage reduction capabilities that other classes boast, they do have a lot of ways to win attrition fights. They have access to poison on multiple weapons, they are able to combine condition damage with raw damage, and they have multiple disables to interrupt enemy skills. Necromancers also have multiple movement disabling abilities, while allows them to chase down enemies who are low on health.

The word “minion”, or even the idea of summoning undead, is not even present in that description. I don’t mean to read too much into that, but I found it interesting, especially if you contrast it with the Ranger description in the same post.

As a rebuttal to our one paragraph class philosophy, I’d just point people to the actual in-game implementation of our Death Magic line. As long as traits like “Reanimator” and “Protection of the Horde” are forced on those who spec in Death, I believe someone at Anet at some point in time must have considered minions an important part of Necromancer design. As far as I can tell, we’re the only class that has traits catering to one specific spec (minions) forced on a player for choosing a specific trait line. Because of this, I don’t believe it’s a stretch to consider minions part of the class philosophy even if not written. Until Anet chooses to make those traits an option or adjusts them to be useful to all Necromancer specs, I’ll continue to believe that someone at Anet must consider minions an important part of being a Necromancer.

in Necromancer

TheAgedGnome.7520

….

As a rebuttal to our one paragraph class philosophy, I’d just point people to the actual in-game implementation of our Death Magic line. As long as traits like “Reanimator” and “Protection of the Horde” are forced on those who spec in Death, I believe someone at Anet at some point in time must have considered minions an important part of Necromancer design. As far as I can tell, we’re the only class that has traits catering to one specific spec (minions) forced on a player for choosing a specific trait line. Because of this, I don’t believe it’s a stretch to consider minions part of the class philosophy even if not written. Until Anet chooses to make those traits an option or adjusts them to be useful to all Necromancer specs, I’ll continue to believe that someone at Anet must consider minions an important part of being a Necromancer.

Just to be clear, my intent was not to say that minions are not, or should not be, part of the definition of a GW2 necro. Rather, my intent was to point out that – for whatever reason – the minion aspect of being a necro and all the accompanying mechanics didn’t make it into their philosophy statement, which I find weird for ANet to have done.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

They should just copy and paste the mesmer clone ‘AI’ to the minions and be done with it. At least those work.

in Necromancer

Posted by: digitalencore.9620

digitalencore.9620

I was thinking about making the Necromancer my second “main”. This thread has changed that idea.

Bronn Wolfbourne — Ranger
Get of Fenris (GoF)

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

They should just copy and paste the mesmer clone ‘AI’ to the minions and be done with it. At least those work.

They can’t. Mesmer clones and phantasms are incapable of changing targets.

One of the things that sets minions apart (and I think might be contributing a few bugs) is that they don’t naturally expire between fights or on a timer like most summons (except jagged horrors) and that they don’t have the Command system that Ranger pets do. (Plus, Ranger pets can be switched out fairly easily.)

(edited by Softspoken.2410)

in Necromancer

Posted by: morrock.8629

morrock.8629

That’s hilarious. Yeah, sometimes I’ll just be sitting around or talking to an NPC as experience pops up on my screen. Once my flesh golem killed every mosquito in the nearby zone while I bought stuff from a karma vendor.

and that they don’t have the Command system that Ranger pets do.

This would be pretty nice actually. Maybe just 3 buttons, so you have f2-f4. Attack my target immediately. Or Stop attacking. Otherwise they follow their normal behavior.

in Necromancer

marianitten.1247

That’s hilarious. Yeah, sometimes I’ll just be sitting around or talking to an NPC as experience pops up on my screen. Once my flesh golem killed every mosquito in the nearby zone while I bought stuff from a karma vendor.

and that they don’t have the Command system that Ranger pets do.

This would be pretty nice actually. Maybe just 3 buttons, so you have f2-f4. Attack my target immediately. Or Stop attacking. Otherwise they follow their normal behavior.

No, necromancer is a Minion profession. Not a pet profession. We don’t need a control panel. We only need that the AI works… because this is beyond useless…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I do think many of the issues are tied to the Staff. Since I’m primarily using D/F now, I am always initiating combat against a single static target. With Staff you run into two problems. Firstly, you aren’t directly initiating the fight. You have a mark on the ground that later triggers to deal damage. Secondly, you are more often than not hitting multiple targets at the same time. I suspect this might cause the minion AI to either freeze or select a target that is different from your actual target. That is just conjecture though.

Good observation, but I doubt that is the case. I have fun with a D/D build that puts me constantly in melee battle and I carry around Golem and other minions. When it works, it is great, but often I’m in the middle of two or three melee baddies and I notice my minions grouped up a few feet away just looking on almost like they are my cheerleaders (ugly ones at that) rather than my allies. Very frustrating.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Necromancer

marianitten.1247

Good observation, but I doubt that is the case. I have fun with a D/D build that puts me constantly in melee battle and I carry around Golem and other minions. When it works, it is great, but often I’m in the middle of two or three melee baddies and I notice my minions grouped up a few feet away just looking on almost like they are my cheerleaders (ugly ones at that) rather than my allies. Very frustrating.

And look to my video.. in the first part I’ve never changed to staff. Scepter all time.

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

And look to my video.. in the first part I’ve never changed to staff. Scepter all time.

Scepter is liable to the same issues as staff as if you begin with attack 2 your pet will mindlessly stand. Your video also showed you dropping stages, and standing around being hit by starting the fight with being in close range.

We are not saying its’ not an issue just saying you did everything possible to magnify the issue and nothing that most of us do to offset the bug.

in Necromancer

marianitten.1247

We are not saying its’ not an issue just saying you did everything possible to magnify the issue and nothing that most of us do to offset the bug.

The only thing i did in the video is starting combat.

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

The only thing i did in the video is starting combat.

You initiated combat with ground targeting abilities.

You never once used your Golem’s utility skill to reset his attack.

You jumped off a cliff while attacking which screws up every pet/utility AI out there.

You ran up and let them attack you before attacking back while noting he didn’t defend you.

These are the issues everyone noted earlier. Again I am not saying the AI needs some tweaks. The second video gave a clearer example of issue that crop up as he did every trick that we like to use to reset them, and still had the Golem bug out though the fiend did reset.

in Necromancer

marianitten.1247

>You initiated combat with ground targeting abilities.

mmm.. no i didn’t. In part 1,2 I always start with attack 1. In the last part, i did that, but i was showing that the Flesh was doing nothing.

>You never once used your Golem’s utility skill to reset his attack.

Why I have to use to "reset" his attack? That knowback is the real Elite skill. I want to use it when i need it, no to fix the golem AI.

>You jumped off a cliff while attacking which screws up every pet/utility AI out there.

I jumped but is not a cliff. If you watch the video again you will see that the golem use the same path.

>You ran up and let them attack you before attacking back while noting he didn’t defend you.

The Golem will attack eventually. So that means that i don’t need to attack first. That delay need to be fixed.

Anyway.. i can make another video without tricky moments. Only use skill 1. It’s free...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

You jumped off a cliff while attacking which screws up every pet/utility AI out there.

You ran up and let them attack you before attacking back while noting he didn’t defend you.

These are the issues everyone noted earlier. Again I am not saying the AI needs some tweaks. The second video gave a clearer example of issue that crop up as he did every trick that we like to use to reset them, and still had the Golem bug out though the fiend did reset.

While in the video, he didn’t do any of the things that are supposed to help “fix” or work around the minion bugs, I personally think that was his point. This (in my eyes) was a video to show players (and A-Net) who may or may not believe that we actually have minion AI issues, or think that we are exaggerating the issues we do have.

This video shows clearly the average gameplay of an average PvE player, who might not have any idea of the little work arounds we have figured out. Minions and Pets are supposed to defend you when you’re attacked, whether or not you attack back. And they do, sometimes. Also in PvE, I too often jump off cliffs with or without pets just because its something you do when travelling. We shouldn’t have to worry about little things like this, it should be working.

I know you’ve worked hard to make minions work. I can see it in the threads you’ve made. I think your the first person in a long time to admit they use a minion build, and share it on the forums, let alone offer solutions to some of the issues. But like I said, I don’t think this is the point of the video, it’s to show that there are some very big issues with our AI, and it gives a very clear example to anyone who watches what they are, and what may be causing them.

in Necromancer

marianitten.1247

While in the video, he didn’t do any of the things that are supposed to help “fix” or work around the minion bugs, I personally think that was his point. This (in my eyes) was a video to show players (and A-Net) who may or may not believe that we actually have minion AI issues, or think that we are exaggerating the issues we do have.

This video shows clearly the average gameplay of an average PvE player, who might not have any idea of the little work arounds we have figured out. Minions and Pets are supposed to defend you when you’re attacked, whether or not you attack back. And they do, sometimes. Also in PvE, I too often jump off cliffs with or without pets just because its something you do when travelling. We shouldn’t have to worry about little things like this, it should be working.

I know you’ve worked hard to make minions work. I can see it in the threads you’ve made. I think your the first person in a long time to admit they use a minion build, and share it on the forums, let alone offer solutions to some of the issues. But like I said, I don’t think this is the point of the video, it’s to show that there are some very big issues with our AI, and it gives a very clear example to anyone who watches what they are, and what may be causing them.

I don’t understand the people who said that you need to use the Knockback to reset the AI. Why? That is the real elite skill. I want to use when i need it, no to fix the AI.

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

I wholeheartedly agree that Minion AI needs tweaks. I just think the Necro as a whole has other utility issues that are of greater need. Signets need to be retooled, I don’t know of many people who even use spectral utilities outside of the 30 second swiftness one.

I think the main reason the Minion AI has not been adjusted is because of the amount of troubleshooting it would take to get it perfect. I can almost guarantee that if they can’t fix RTL pathing issues easily than Pet pathing issues will always be a problem. Rangers, Engineers, Guardians, and Mesmers have larger issues with whole specs being completely unplayable due to AI issues. Spirit Pets are virtually useless, Turrets are a complete travesty in pve, Spirit Weapons are as bad as Minions with slower attacks that are easily dodged, and Mesmer clones have to be shatter or be completely wasted and lets not get started on mesmer targeting ai with clones getting stuck in walls.

However, I put it. I am not defending it. I am simply saying that it’s not bad, and there are work arounds that work most of the time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Totally INDECENT, i won’t try to sell or promise something i cannot do. Why this game had to come out with bugs like these?
It seems that only 3d artists (not designers, i repeat, just 3d artists) worked hard for this game…

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]