Necros actually useless in raids?

in Necromancer

Posted by: CratZII.5872

CratZII.5872

It looks like I have to swap to another class for my guilds raid group. Necro has no utility that is helpful for the first boss and our DPS is not even close to what other classes can bring to the table. All we have is resilience with a hp pool and shroud. Sadly this does nothing to kill the boss faster or easier. I have no excuses to give my guild why they should allow me to play necro. It is quite sad when everyone else in the guild can play the classes they like while I’m forced to play classes I have no interest in to participate.

What have your experiences been.

in Necromancer

Posted by: darianturner.8096

darianturner.8096

Don’t know what you want to achieve with that post, Anet doesn’t care about state of the class. Look for Thief forum and ask him the same thing, you will see.

Just play the class if you like it and find a team that brings you to the raid, it’s what I’m gonna do tomorrow with my mates anyway

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rirgul.5302

Rirgul.5302

What?! No Utility for the first boss?

Break bar mechanics?

- Flesh Golem charge – which if I remember correctly knocks about half of it down.
- Spectral Grasp – Pull
- Fears – Staff 5, DS/RS 3, Spectral Wall
- RS 5
- Chilled To The Bone

Epidemic copying condi’s to an add and then back to the boss. (Boss2/3)

Our DPS is actually pretty good – so I don’t know where you got that idea from. Besides for the Vale Guardian you only need 6k DPS – which you’d get if you just sat there doing sceptre AA, maybe press your utility skills if you’re bored?

We have leaps (RS 2) and shroud to absorb the Green AoE damage and get there quickly.

We have transfusion to teleport downed people to us to get a quick res. if they go down in one of the thirds that is active.

I guess we have Vampiric Presence too – which is nice.

If you’re guild is stuck in the past thinking that the necromancer is below useless, find other people to raid with. Every class is viable to complete raids, you don’t need the best of the best to complete it, so long as everyone is roughly competent with their class you can easily complete the first boss. Necro is not the weakest class when it comes to raids, and it brings its fair share of utilities. It can be used, it can also not be used. You could even take a thief and complete it. Not saying it would be optimal – but it doesn’t matter – you can still complete the content if everyone knows what they’re doing.

Look! These people used a Necro, and they completed it…. so what’s the problem?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3tsazq/na_necromancer_raid_builds_tankpowercondi/

We’re not as hopeless as you and your friends think and our dps is fairly close to what other classes can bring to the table.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gerrark.9870

Gerrark.9870

My experience has been the exact opposite. Reaper tank, or dps (either condi or power) work well. Plus the first guild to complete raids used a Reaper, so yeah.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

I’ve been running condi reaper on both the 1st and 2nd boss just fine. Sure, I’ve had to swap for other classes a couple of times while we’ve still been trying to figure out our composition, but reaper can definitely have a place in raids.

As a condi reaper on the 1st boss you can do circles pretty well without losing much in terms of dps since your attacks all have long range. On the later phases he moves around a lot too, making your torment quite effective.

On the 2nd boss epidemic is really nice for clearing adds, and you got plenty of soft CC for the 4-spirit phase. It’s even better if you have 2 condi reapers, then one can epidemic the boss and then the other can epidemic all the conditions back from one of the adds.

I’ve not yet cleared the last boss, but from what I have seen you can maintain really good condi dps on her with Lich form and epidemic.

I can’t say much about power reaper since I’ve not been running that a whole lot, but it has good survivability, even as full glass. It has the advantages of being able to spec quite tanky without losing dps. It also has a lot of CC, which is valuable. Power reaper tank seems to be pretty good.

I’m not trying to argue that people should be taking us over any other class, but I definitely think we have our place in raids and we’re far from useless. I guess it also depends on the mindset of the people you run with.

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SoyMilk.4260

SoyMilk.4260

It looks like I have to swap to another class for my guilds raid group. Necro has no utility that is helpful for the first boss and our DPS is not even close to what other classes can bring to the table. All we have is resilience with a hp pool and shroud. Sadly this does nothing to kill the boss faster or easier. I have no excuses to give my guild why they should allow me to play necro. It is quite sad when everyone else in the guild can play the classes they like while I’m forced to play classes I have no interest in to participate.

I’d say it’s probably time to find a new guild…

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I haven’t raided yet but a small addition to all of the above – we also have missile absorption now. Corrosive poison cloud is now our own putrid, smelly necro anti-projectile bubble. Traited with master of corruption it’s 8s of that awesomeness with 20s cd. Pretty kitten good if you ask me!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Don’t know what you want to achieve with that post, Anet doesn’t care about state of the class. Look for Thief forum and ask him the same thing, you will see.

Just play the class if you like it and find a team that brings you to the raid, it’s what I’m gonna do tomorrow with my mates anyway

Funny thing is, you can same the same thing about the ranger, warrior, and guardian forums. Eles feel like they are being actively discriminated against with recent visual changes. So that leaves… mesmer, engi, revs? Yep. Dev’s hate 6/9 classes apparently.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darwec.3784

Darwec.3784

I find that condi necros are very good in raids, but i also find power necros much less useful. Sure, you can take them, but if you’re having issues with a boss fight, its easy to replace a power necro with another beserker class. To replace a condi necro scepter necro you would have to replace it with a ranger, warrior, or engi since the other condi builds do less damage than a Condi Necro. It’s hard to find a well played condi engineer since no one wants carpal tunnel syndrome, rangers lose a lot of DPS if they go into range, which makes grabbing green circles difficult, and i dont know a lot of people who play condi warrior. As for the second boss, epidemic is pretty amazing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The first boss necro has very little use. I would agree you are better taking another class there. However for the second and third bosses necros can be quite useful. Epidemic is great for the second boss to clear the adds without losing any DPS on the boss, and can be used to clear out close orbs as well. On Sabetha the lack of movement allows us to stack crazy damage between epidemic and Lich form minions. We certainly still lack party support, but we do have uses in the second two encounters.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

For vale guard, condi necro is pretty handy as a lightning group candidate. Very little lost DPS, above average tankiness (and can even heal/save lightning group with Transfusion), moderate seeker CC (RS3/RS5, epidemic can spread cc to seekers, or spectral grasp to take seekers off groups).

Certainly a reasonable choice, IMO.

[EG] is recruiting!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

I think you should revise your build and rotations. My dps is pretty good as condi reaper, tbh. Specially after phase 1 in VG where the boss is constantly moving, where all the others condi builds/classes lose performance, we doesn’t.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Most of the DPS loss against raid bosses is from people getting downed or pressured so a class that is naturally more resilient is actually really useful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

No idea what you’re talking about friend. My condi reaper can pump out close to 8k damage a second with all the dots I can build up. Add in a Mesmer for reduced cooldowns and I’ve gotten up to 10k / sec burning all my skills back to back. Even power reaper is hella good. Sounds like you just need to revamp either your armor / trinkets, traits, or both.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lethal Stranger.5093

Lethal Stranger.5093

Quoting a post I made earlier regarding necros/reapers in raids:

Killed the Vale Guardian yesterday with 2 reapers and 1 regular necromancer in the squad. Both reapers were running full zerker and the necro was running sinister condi.
It took us a couple of tries but our DPS was really solid.
For those curious; the full squad composition:
Tank: 1 Dragonhunter
Healer: 1 Druid
Power: 2 Reapers, 1 Chronomancer, 2 Heralds
Condi: 1 Engineer, 1 Necromancer, 1 Berserker

To be fair though it was mostly a guild group (7/10) so we weren’t as ‘strict’ when it came to class setups. I personally haven’t pugged the new raid yet.

But with that said, I doubt necros will ever be part of the ‘optimal’-meta. People have to keep in mind that just because a certain spec isn’t optimal, doesn’t mean it isn’t viable. The Vale Guardian is very doable if the group has the right role-composition and everyone knows what they’re doing.

Sadly it’ll be a matter of time until pug-culture gets obsessed with using ‘optimal’ builds exlusively.

Necromancer/Engineer/Elementalist main
Plays every class though :>
The Dynasty Warriors [DW] – Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by Lethal Stranger.5093)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kucabara.9237

Kucabara.9237

ugh condi reaper so sad ;;
so useless ;;
so tanky ;;
DMG so low ;; http://i.imgur.com/dEAUvk4.gifv

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3uyisk/condition_reaper_crazy_damage_potential/?

#necrodrama2015

in Necromancer

ZudetGambeous.9573

so useless ;;
so tanky ;;

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3uyisk/condition_reaper_crazy_damage_potential/?

#necrodrama2015

Based on your supplied video he does an average of 12-13k dps with 10s of burst that briefly tops 28k.

My ele does an average of 21k with bursts of nearly 40k dps.

Not entirely sure what your point is here? condition can do burst dps too with the right situation? If his group dps had been better (no reaper) they could have killed the add before sabetha got back and then he wouldn’t have even been able to do that with epidemic.

Overall not very impressed. People are too easily distracted by one or two large condition ticks and lose sight of the actual dps numbers over the fight. Another reason we need dps meters.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Son of Urza.1692

Son of Urza.1692

I’d be interested in a video / build description for that. After all, you don’t have an in-game DPS meter either, so how did you determine that value?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Altoid.9104

Altoid.9104

Based on your supplied video he does an average of 12-13k dps with 10s of burst that briefly tops 28k.

snip

Another reason we need dps meters.

Tell me more

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Necro is one of the top classes in the game in every game mode. Let us enjoy this time please

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.3175

spoj.3175

so useless ;;
so tanky ;;

#necrodrama2015

Not entirely sure what your point is here? condition can do burst dps too with the right situation? If his group dps had been better (no reaper) they could have killed the add before sabetha got back and then he wouldn’t have even been able to do that with epidemic.

Overall not very impressed. People are too easily distracted by one or two large condition ticks and lose sight of the actual dps numbers over the fight. Another reason we need dps meters.

Try looking at it from the bigger picture. If a single necro can do that much damage consistently and burst that high occasionally. Then 2 necros with regular epidemic copies can create some very strong dps.

I was able to maintain 15k+ dps while doing the kiting role on Sabetha. That means i dont get quickness or alacrity and i often lack capped might. And i cant cast soul spiral unless its the champs or shes doing the fire wall. I was able to get 27k bleeds without epidemic the other day. It looked like it was because of a very convenient amount of jagged horrors getting healed and them all hitting the boss at the same time.

Epidemic has actually become a utility worth taking two necros for. And that will continue as long as future bosses have adds. Its just noone is really taking advantage of it because the top guilds have a shortage of necro players.

Either way its more than condi engi. Obviously condi tempest is pretty broken.

(edited by spoj.3175)

in Necromancer

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’d be interested in a video / build description for that. After all, you don’t have an in-game DPS meter either, so how did you determine that value?

I do have an ingame DPS meter. The problem is that it doesn’t work for necros since necros have too many damage sources and it can’t keep up since it works by SS’ing the combat log and calculating the damage from there. This is why I want an official one.

I can try and get some screen shots next week during our raid, but here is the video of our sabetha kill from our healers prospective. I was one of the tempests in this fight, I unfortunately got downed 2 seconds before we killed her and mist form wouldn’t trigger, so no eternal title for us this week

My build is the standard staff tempest build I will have to find the build later today as i’m heading out atm.

I would love to see some math on the necro dps since I can’t get my dps meter to work and trying to figure it out from watching damage ticks is pretty spotty. I’m hoping that next week I can bring my necro into sabetha to try it out myself.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ertugrul.8031

ertugrul.8031

I do have an ingame DPS meter. The problem is that it doesn’t work for necros since necros have too many damage sources and it can’t keep up since it works by SS’ing the combat log and calculating the damage from there. This is why I want an official one.

I can try and get some screen shots next week during our raid, but here is the video of our sabetha kill from our healers prospective. I was one of the tempests in this fight, I unfortunately got downed 2 seconds before we killed her and mist form wouldn’t trigger, so no eternal title for us this week

My build is the standard staff tempest build I will have to find the build later today as i’m heading out atm.

I would love to see some math on the necro dps since I can’t get my dps meter to work and trying to figure it out from watching damage ticks is pretty spotty. I’m hoping that next week I can bring my necro into sabetha to try it out myself.

I really dont know anything about tempest but with 21 k dps, you should kill the indestructible golem in 4 seconds. If you make a video of your dps rotation with open combat log, i might believe you, otherwise your ingame dps meter doesnt mean anything man…

Take a look at this for example;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7BRofVGUF4

In a static fight, one ele and one mesmer beating the golem, and they barely hit 4 sec kill time. Maybe mesmer is just autoattacking, i dont know… And i like to see 40k burst too

in Necromancer

ZudetGambeous.9573

I really dont know anything about tempest but with 21 k dps, you should kill the indestructible golem in 4 seconds. If you make a video of your dps rotation with open combat log, i might believe you, otherwise your ingame dps meter doesnt mean anything man…

Take a look at this for example;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7BRofVGUF4

In a static fight, one ele and one mesmer beating the golem, and they barely hit 4 sec kill time. Maybe mesmer is just autoattacking, i dont know… And i like to see 40k burst too

Golem’s really have nothing to do with anything. They are in PvP, with different stats, no raid buffs and lack the dps boosts of a raid team. Golems discriminate to the extreme to self buffing classes like necro. They tell you pretty much nothing about raid situations. Anyway my raid team goes back in on Friday so I will try to get dps numbers for my ele. It looks like i’ll get a chance to try my reaper for sabetha so i’ll see how it performs first hand. I’ve never tried recording before, but i’ll look into it and see if it is feasible on my computer without causing me any lag.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atharian.7092

Atharian.7092

I’m raiding on my Reaper. Killed the first boss, got the second to 35% or so. The only issue with the class, honestly, is that its not a Revenant with its overtuned damage or a Warrior with its boons. For raids, I do think our power damage could go up a bit though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Sadly it’ll be a matter of time until pug-culture gets obsessed with using ‘optimal’ builds exlusively.

Dreading the idea of an addition of a dps meter for this reason. Useful sure, but 1% difference would become “go this build or go home” mentality that happens in every MMO with raids ever, instead of actually trying out what works well with your own raid group.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ertugrul.8031

ertugrul.8031

Like in the video, you can find one herald and one mesmer to give your “raid buffs”. While fighting with golem you will miss only food buffs. Beside that it will boost your dps because there is no fight mechanic to avoid, so you can execute your dps rotation perfectly. And this is not a comparison of tempest with reaper. Don’t get me wrong I want this because i dont find 21k dps with 40 k burst believable. If you are making 21k dps you need to kill that golem under 4 sec constantly and sometimes you need to kill it under 2 sec cuz you are bursting with 40 k

Edit: Btw I couldnt care less about tempest dps, but this kind of statements are forming an idea of “meta”. Therefore it should come with some sort of proof at least.

(edited by ertugrul.8031)

in Necromancer

Posted by: LanceKing.3017

LanceKing.3017

Fortunately for me , i do raids with guildies. If i would have gone to lfg, i wouldn’t likely be picked because people prefer engie for condi, mes/guard for tank, rev/war/ele for dps, druid for healing. I see necro as a so so class because the class does very well in solo but brings minimal support in team play.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Dreading the idea of an addition of a dps meter for this reason. Useful sure, but 1% difference would become “go this build or go home” mentality that happens in every MMO with raids ever, instead of actually trying out what works well with your own raid group.

This already is the case and we don’t have DPS meters. DPS meters will help form the meta though and give us numbers that can help good raid leaders make informed decisions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: AndyJo.8794

AndyJo.8794

A condi Reaper running full Vipers gear is part of my regular raid group. They keep the DPS high even at range and more or less never die. We don’t have to worry about the reaper. He just exists. If a CC bar pops up, he will break it. If someone dies in a bad spot, he will fix it. Just kind of does his thing, no management needed.

Not a bad class at all.

in Necromancer

Darwec.3784

A condi Reaper running full Vipers gear is part of my regular raid group. They keep the DPS high even at range and more or less never die. We don’t have to worry about the reaper. He just exists. If a CC bar pops up, he will break it. If someone dies in a bad spot, he will fix it. Just kind of does his thing, no management needed.

Not a bad class at all.

I take my condi reaper to raids and my guild treats me like that. I do my job, I do decent dps while im ranged so they put me in roles where they need someone running around, because i can run around and still maintain dps where a condi ranger or something would have their dps fall off a cliff…good stuff. can be useful in the right parties. Necro’s really arnt that bad if well played, and are, in fact, the best in certain situations.

in Necromancer

Mega Skeleton.8259

I’d like to think I’m the same way. I show up and do my thing. Being a reliable ranged dps means you’re flexible and can fill in gaps in comp (Lightning, CC a spirit, cannon/napalm duty). Melee dps is a liability in any MMO raid, and GW2 is no exception.

[EG] is recruiting!

(edited by Mega Skeleton.8259)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

I’ve been playing condi Reaper successfully at all three bosses.

It’s not particularly outstanding at VG, but it works well for my group since condi dps usually is not an issue at all. We run 3 condis: 2 engis + me on condi Reaper or someone else on condi Berserker depending on the rest of the comp. Kill times stay mostly the same (~2:30 min. left), so it works just fine either way I guess.
At Gorseval, I play it for clearing adds fast with Epidemic mostly, but it is not over-performing there either imo. You can probably replace it with another aoe heavy class, which is what we are considering right now (4 Tempest hypu).
It really shines at Sabetha though. It’s great for baiting Flak Shots, Epidemic helps clearing adds/bouncing cancer back from the Champs to Sabetha and Jagged Horrors are kittening op here. Killing cannons is not a problem either.

Haven’t tried the double condi Reaper Epidemic stuff yet since I’m the only regular Necro player in my guild, but from what I’ve seen so far it works great for both Gorseval and Sabetha.

Also, Transfusion has been really, really nice just in general. It takes quite a bit of pressure off of the healer and can grab downed people out of aoe fields/lit-up areas at VG for fast and easy reses if something goes wrong.

All in all, I’m happy with filling a condi DPS/support-ish (yes, Necro support :o) role as a Reaper.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sceletonx.7481

Sceletonx.7481

In my raid group we regularly run with 2 necros.

Me as tank (with dmg just a little bit lower than I would have in full zerker, which is below average first half of the fight, but VERY good if not top under 50% with gravedigger spam and excellent survivability, when healer hve problems with healing me I can also run “Rise!” and be almost invincible)

And second necro as condi reaper (even on vale guardian). Yes its not top condi dps when there is no adds to work with (epidemic) but its still viable. He has transfusion so he can safe downed people or help healer to top people when needed (green circle soaking for example). Epidemic is really great to deal with adds on second boss (especially if you have other condi dpsers, especially some burning ones, epidemic is beats with burning).

Both of us provide vampiric aura meaning whole raid has it, which is great sustain boost for everyone. It might not seems so but it really helps a lot. Both of us run golem which is geart for CCing. Both of us have great access to chill which is helpful in 4add phase on second boss.

Reaper is amazing in raid. It’s not “must have” but it can have spot there and as you can see even 2 reaper can be run in 1 group. ALtough condi dps is not top its still decent and has its pros (like epidemic in multiple target fight) and power dmg is below averege until 50% of boss health, but its one of the top if not top below that (and every boss so far is harder in last phases so having that great dps in last phases is actually very good). Also necro can tank even “dmg taken heavy” fights and still have VERY decent amount of dmg (again, especially below 50%) making him one of the bests tanks.

FYI we have killed 2 bosses, starting progress on third

(edited by Sceletonx.7481)

in Necromancer

Mega Skeleton.8259

Vampiric Aura is also a DPS increase, as well as sustain!

[EG] is recruiting!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I don’t think it’s an increase compared to not having the Blood line, unless you’re a Wells necro, which I don’t think is a viable build due to terrible fields.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odeezee.7362

Odeezee.7362

people keep saying Condi Reaper does less dps than an Engie, but how? Engies may be able to output higher dps in highly theoretical situations but in practice my dps is very competitive if not better taking time to kill of the Red Guardian, for example, during the Vale Guardian split phase.

but i play all 3 Necro roles in raids (Tank, Power, Condi) and don’t just do fine, but excel so idk how people are saying Necros just scrape by /shrug. Necros do still need some love; i’m looking at you base Necro and some Reaper traits, but played well you can surprise a lot of people, maybe even yourself.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sceletonx.7481

Sceletonx.7481

I don’t think it’s an increase compared to not having the Blood line, unless you’re a Wells necro, which I don’t think is a viable build due to terrible fields.

Ofc its dps increase and not only for you but for whole party… and there is no reason not to have blood line in full dps build, you dont need soulreaping anyway for any build so there is no reason to run that in full dps builds

For condi staying in shroud is bad (first you re not melee as condi reaper, second dhuumfire dps is terrible compared to what you can do outside of shroud – and at range)

For power blood magic is awesome. First you re running mostly dagger first 50% of the fight, dagger with high attackspeed is great with vampiric presence (and the second leech you have from minor trait), second… wells… wells are great dps especially with blood magic and with that they also are basicly your second heal, they heal so much if traited. Bad field is rlly not the issue. You are not blasting fire fields anyway nowdays. There are way better ways for might stacking (heralds, ps warr). And better ways of healing than blasting waterfield (druid, auramancer tempest).

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.3175

spoj.3175

Soul Reaping only adds a 5% modifier. For personal damage vampiric and vampiric auro doesnt quite match up to that. However when you add the other players that recieve the buff it becomes about equal. Plus the lifesteal is armour ignoring and very useful for sustain. So its the obvious choice. Then the other advantage is well cooldowns. That trait makes blood a clear winner for power builds.

The only time you would want soul reaping is if you are trying to get the biggest crits possible for showing off in a video. Or if you plan to burst with Lich Form above 50% health and then finish on gravedigger (shortish fight). If the fight is really short you dont even need traited Lich Form though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

On the topic of fields, since Might and Fury stacking are now primarily from field-less sources, Dark Fields are the best offensive field type. The only exception is when considering double-Epidemic condition Necros, and even then, dark fields are strong contenders.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

It’s viable and the fields are good. Lifesteal on projectiles is good. It increases DPS. You get 25 might without fire fields anyway. I like it on the tank. It provides protection to the melee guys in VG. You don’t want to teleport downed players to the tank’s position anyway.

in Necromancer

Posted by: zaw.6741

zaw.6741

uh
yesterday PUGGED vale guardian with:
2 power berserkers, 2power heralds, chrono
dh tank
druid healer
condi berserker, 2 CONDI REAPERS

we had 2 minutes left. so yeeah, useless

player skills and tactis is MUCH MUCH more important than just class choice. and reaper is just fine.

in Necromancer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

hi,

can some of you condi reapers doing raids successfully share some builds?

thanks!

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Necromancer

Darwec.3784

hi,

can some of you condi reapers doing raids successfully share some builds?

thanks!

There was another thread discussing the merits of differnt condi reaper builds https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Condi-reaper-build-for-Raid/first#post5846334

Probably worth checking out.

in Necromancer

Posted by: harrison fang.1874

harrison fang.1874

Necro/Reaper is no where near useless in raid your group probably just doesnt have good stats or armor or even skill for that matter. I main reaper and dps has never been a problem also for vale we have good condi removal, for gorseval great condi dmg and well and condi transfers for killing the mobs and for sabetha great condi or dmg aswell

necromancer (STUN)- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader of Aegis Shield [AS]-Tarnished Coast
Mjor of [CrSy] Cryptisyndicate

in Necromancer

Posted by: harrison fang.1874

harrison fang.1874

Reaper is probably actually one of the best all around classes in the game right now. Best condi dmg in the game best tank in the game and pretty good dps

necromancer (STUN)- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader of Aegis Shield [AS]-Tarnished Coast
Mjor of [CrSy] Cryptisyndicate

in Necromancer

ZudetGambeous.9573

Like in the video, you can find one herald and one mesmer to give your “raid buffs”. While fighting with golem you will miss only food buffs. Beside that it will boost your dps because there is no fight mechanic to avoid, so you can execute your dps rotation perfectly. And this is not a comparison of tempest with reaper. Don’t get me wrong I want this because i dont find 21k dps with 40 k burst believable. If you are making 21k dps you need to kill that golem under 4 sec constantly and sometimes you need to kill it under 2 sec cuz you are bursting with 40 k

Edit: Btw I couldnt care less about tempest dps, but this kind of statements are forming an idea of “meta”. Therefore it should come with some sort of proof at least.

Sorry this is so late, things have been busy and haven’t gotten on GW2 much.

Was pretty consistently at 18k dps on sab. I tried to wait as long into the fight as I could to show that it was indeed sustained dps and not burst. Waited about 2 seconds too long as you can see I hit Karen and the sapper about 3 times before I got the picture off. Shouldn’t matter though as the dps was pretty stable at that point and sabetha despawns when karen spawns and she comes in invuln so if anything that lowered my dps a bit overall.

Didn’t get any burst dps pictures, i’ll try for that next week.

On the necro specific side, I got to play my reaper on sabetha for about an hour this weekend. I was getting about 12k bleeds, 2k poison, 1.5k chill, and 2-3k direct damage which was better than I thought I could do. Looks like on Sabetha you can get 18-20k dps on a reaper. Still has a bit of a wind up time, but once you top out you can use epidemic to sustain it even through the invuln phases. I was pretty pleased.

However I did end up switching back to ele since I was having trouble getting to my canon on reaper. I was just too slow and didn’t have a blink. With more practice I think I will get it down though. Might be able to use flesh wurm too if it survives the flame wall.

Overall I think reaper is a solid choice for the first and final bosses. Second boss is hard to beat other classes dps due to the big hitbox and all single target attacks for reaper. But the timer is forgiving enough that you can still easily do it with multiple reapers.

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

So many people complain about necro’s DPS. I have a question for those who claim others do more damage per second than we do, how much time do these damage dealers spend on the ground waiting to be res’d? How much time do they spend dodging and not doing any damage at all? Probably a good amount of time. I got to level 80 without becoming an effective dodger. Why? Because I so rarely had to dodge anything as a condi Reaper that it wasn’t a skill that I had to acquire. Now that I am doing HoT (many times solo) I have had to become effective at dodging. If you are laying there in a heap, you aren’t defeating any boss.

I am just starting to play on teams within a guild. I am a very new player. I decided to take everything I heard with a grain of salt and experience things for myself because I don’t care if others decide they don’t want to play with me, I would probably get tired of scraping those people up off the floor because they are glass cannons that constantly get shattered. I experience these people all the time when I am wandering around the open world. I like res’ing people. I like helping people, so I am not saying this with a feeling of superiority – but I rarely ever need anyone to fix me, but I am constantly fixing others.

If a guild expected me to explain any of my gearing choices or my class choices to them, I wouldn’t be in that guild. We are all different in that regard, but the guild didn’t buy my game, they don’t pay my ISP bill, and I spend entirely too many hours playing to have a group dictate to me, your mileage may vary.

in Necromancer

Darwec.3784

So many people complain about necro’s DPS. I have a question for those who claim others do more damage per second than we do, how much time do these damage dealers spend on the ground waiting to be res’d? How much time do they spend dodging and not doing any damage at all? Probably a good amount of time. I got to level 80 without becoming an effective dodger. Why? Because I so rarely had to dodge anything as a condi Reaper that it wasn’t a skill that I had to acquire. Now that I am doing HoT (many times solo) I have had to become effective at dodging. If you are laying there in a heap, you aren’t defeating any boss.

I am just starting to play on teams within a guild. I am a very new player. I decided to take everything I heard with a grain of salt and experience things for myself because I don’t care if others decide they don’t want to play with me, I would probably get tired of scraping those people up off the floor because they are glass cannons that constantly get shattered. I experience these people all the time when I am wandering around the open world. I like res’ing people. I like helping people, so I am not saying this with a feeling of superiority – but I rarely ever need anyone to fix me, but I am constantly fixing others.

If a guild expected me to explain any of my gearing choices or my class choices to them, I wouldn’t be in that guild. We are all different in that regard, but the guild didn’t buy my game, they don’t pay my ISP bill, and I spend entirely too many hours playing to have a group dictate to me, your mileage may vary.

This is the WORST argument ive ever heard. Necros arn’t that much more survivable in dungeons and open world. One shots will still one shot you. Except for eles, most classes dont go down that often or easily. We have no blocks, everything that every other class should dodge we should dodge (because its often knock backs which interrupt dps) and if you’re taking not vipers or berzerker gear, your dps is falling so far off a cliff that even if you could dps non stop start to finish on a fight, any other properly geared class will outdps you even if they get knocked down repeatedly. This is the WORST necro mentality. Necro dps IS good now with the recent changes, you just have to gear and work towards DOING DPS as opposed to gearing and working towards w/e it was you just described.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

So many people complain about necro’s DPS. I have a question for those who claim others do more damage per second than we do, how much time do these damage dealers spend on the ground waiting to be res’d? How much time do they spend dodging and not doing any damage at all? Probably a good amount of time. I got to level 80 without becoming an effective dodger.

That’s not a good thing to brag about lol.

To be clear. Necro have to fight the old idea like Ranger had too and kind of still are. Let’s be honest here. Necro used to be on the bottom when it come to DPS. They had good burst with Lich Form and Life Blast and that,s why they were view as good bursting build in PvP. They also have wells which are instant, making them very good as dmg dealer in WvW, but they lacked the DPS to shine in PvE. So ya, Necro still carry the baggage coming with the fact that they had the worst dps of the game for pretty much 3 years.

That’s not saying that Necro were bad or useless in PvE. Just that their dps was at the bottom of the list. And TBH their dps wasn’t that much below lets say a Mesmer. But at the same time, they didn’t brought much support to the team like a Mesmer or a Guardian could.

Now, it’s a new era and thing had change. People have to test thing out and prove what is the new standard. Of course people will still view necro as bad dps, there were for 3 years. They won’t believe people on faith and they will prejudice against Necro. But that’s normal. It’s with actual numbers and video that the reality of the Reaper DPS will spread. If the dps is in fact good, then it will spread, if it’s not then it won’t.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD