@Necros, beta 1.

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I would mention that chat codes aren’t useful indicators, remember what happened when we put too much stock in chat codes with SoV?

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I would mention that chat codes aren’t useful indicators, remember what happened when we put too much stock in chat codes with SoV?

In this case, though, the chat codes are refrencing skills/traits that we will be using very shortly. When the SoV debacle happened, the chat codes were discovered like 2 months ahead of when they would be used.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

By the time we play Reaper in beta, it will have been just shy of 3 months since it was revealed, those codes could be very old.

My PvP Minion Build

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Didnt rob keep saying chilling victory in the stream but had to correct himself to chilling force? If the chat code links chilling victory wouldnt it be safe to assume it may be something very old?

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CCLegion.5936

CCLegion.5936

I agree with Bhawb. Even if the changes are ultimately correct, we are still in beta and as seen with Revenant and Blood Magic, they do listen to feedback.

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I agree with Bhawb. Even if the changes are ultimately correct, we are still in beta and as seen with Revenant and Blood Magic, they do listen to feedback.

Well yes but the feedback needs to fit in with the theme of the class. Just need to keep that in mind when we star to give feedback on the spec.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

CCLegion.5936

Well yes but the feedback needs to fit in with the theme of the class. Just need to keep that in mind when we star to give feedback on the spec.

From what a few game developers told me in the past, the best kind of feedback is just outlining your issues with a given piece of their design. Explain why you think that it’s not optimal and if possible, add some more evidence in form of math, get a discussion about potential applications going, all that stuff.
Meanwhile, jumping straight to “It should be like this instead” or “I want it to be like this” is not considered very helpful.

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Funnily enough all the math I’ve done for MM and yet still no changes…

My PvP Minion Build

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I do not know how you can give math for “necro does not have any additional forms of active defence”.

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

You can give the math of how many things other professions have, and then throw a 0 next to Necro.

My PvP Minion Build

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Thats true. I did that a long while back. Did a list for active defence and finishers i believe. Didnt really get any dev response or addressal.

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

CCLegion.5936

I never stated that it is a 100% sure way to get your changes or any improvements at all into the live version, just that it’s better feedback for game designers to work with.

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raziel.8072

Raziel.8072

I just want to put this out there…this coming beta, necro players are going to be putting reaper under the microscope- as well they should. They will dissect and break this specialization and the class as a whole to it’s foundations. Players are tired of the treatment of the necro class as a whole so be warned, we are’t pulling any punches. I would recommend for the devs working on necros to closely watch how this plays out and not toss out ideas and problems the community finds because it doesn’t fit your ideal necro. As much as you want to keep your initial ideas intact, the end result is what matters and it’s painfully obvious players are unhappy with the current state of the necromancer and potentially the reaper based off of what we have been given so far.

This is the opportunity to turn things around. Don’t pass it up.

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tyriark.7825

Tyriark.7825

I just want to put this out there…this coming beta, necro players are going to be putting reaper under the microscope- as well they should. They will dissect and break this specialization and the class as a whole to it’s foundations. Players are tired of the treatment of the necro class as a whole so be warned, we are’t pulling any punches. I would recommend for the devs working on necros to closely watch how this plays out and not toss out ideas and problems the community finds because it doesn’t fit your ideal necro. As much as you want to keep your initial ideas intact, the end result is what matters and it’s painfully obvious players are unhappy with the current state of the necromancer and potentially the reaper based off of what we have been given so far.

Well spoken.

I agree.

Stormbluff Isle
Xaiixmael – 80 Revenant
Tyriark – 80 Reaper, Xytrael – 80 Daredevil, Lythios – 80 Warrior

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Personally, I plan on using a variety of Reaper specs in WvW Roaming to decide where the Elite Spec is for that gamemode. I will definitely post something about how underwhelming condition Reaper is. I can already feel that it will suck.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Condition reaper will depend a lot on how strong the chill is. With all the increase crits from traits, I can see a powerful hybrid Carrion chilly-terrormancer or something similar.

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Condition reaper will depend a lot on how strong the chill is. With all the increase crits from traits, I can see a powerful hybrid Carrion chilly-terrormancer or something similar.

The big thing will really be the return of Terror cheese, and if Deathly Chill can act like the old duration stacking burning. If Deathly Chill is enough to cheese people with Terror it will probably be a strong condi build since every Fear = Chill, which is a guarnateed Terror + Deathly Chill combo for full Terror damage. The only other thing I’d see is the potential for Deathly Chill to act similar to giving us perma of the old Burning damage, plus Dhuumfire in Reaper Shroud for a really effective way to have 4 different major sources of damaging conditions.

My PvP Minion Build

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Silverkey.2078

And the nice thing is that this will be burst conditions, not the slow attrition play style that the scepter/dagger is currently giving. I would like to try the hybrid because if the chill is strong, the GS might be good enough condi-wise. I really don’t like the scepter-dagger a lot… GS/staff may be better.

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

Well spoken.

I agree.

^ This is just what I had in mind.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Cecilia.5179

And the nice thing is that this will be burst conditions, not the slow attrition play style that the scepter/dagger is currently giving. I would like to try the hybrid because if the chill is strong, the GS might be good enough condi-wise. I really don’t like the scepter-dagger a lot… GS/staff may be better.

I feel like GS/Staff would put the Reaper at a disadvantage outside melee range where marks are easiest to land and gs can actually hit because RS doesn’t provide ranged options like DS. Scepter/Dagger would likely be a stronger choice than GS for the garden variety of conditions and the potential Chill from the #4 skill if Chilling Darkness is unnerfed. Of course, Scepter/Warhorn may be even better due to the swiftness, additional Life Force generation, and a daze that can be used well in conjunction with Perplexity Runes.

Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Marks are no more difficult to land at 1200 range than 0. There is no difference in arming time, and there is no travel time.

I’m a Geeleiver

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

With scepter/dagger and the chill cheese trait, you may be able to take chilling darkness if only to get extra cheese damage from the deathly swarm or blind transfers.

In this meta, I find that 3 condi transfers in your build as a necro is generally adequate, unless you somehow miss one, then you can actually die to say a trap ranger spamming evades.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Cecilia.5179

Marks are no more difficult to land at 1200 range than 0. There is no difference in arming time, and there is no travel time.

The difficulty is in landing it where the foe is going. At point blank range, throwing a mark on top of yourself is almost guaranteed to work, but at 1200 range, the enemy can move erratically and cause a mark to miss.

#CleanTheSlate

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The difficulty is in landing it where the foe is going. At point blank range, throwing a mark on top of yourself is almost guaranteed to work, but at 1200 range, the enemy can move erratically and cause a mark to miss.

They can move erratically at point blank range and cause it to miss. If you find it harder to land them at long range, then that really is a L2P problem.

I’m a Geeleiver

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Cecilia.5179

They can move erratically at point blank range and cause it to miss. If you find it harder to land them at long range, then that really is a L2P problem.

Actually, that doesn’t apply the other way around at all. It is less of a L2P and more of an added challenge.

#CleanTheSlate

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I really don’t follow that. It is no harder for them to avoid a mark at close range than long. Actually, easier, because they can see the animation better up close.

If you mean “place the Mark ahead of time and hope they run into it,” then yes, I can understand. But that won’t be happening in melee range anyway.

Dropping the mark right on them? Range is irrelevant. There’s no travel time, no arming time, just the cast time.

I’m a Geeleiver

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

I’m okay with shouts having a cast time. You guys seem to forget we can easily strip boons like stability and have good amounts of CC no matter what build we take to be able to get long casts off.

What’s kind of dumb is that shouts may potentially have no stun break on ANY of them. They should have a stun break on ALL of them, (or at least 2 of them). There’s very little reason to give up certain slots for something that doesn’t have a stun break. A full shout necromancer is severely kitten without the ability to stun break. If they are going to have long cast times, they need to justify the ability to even use them or get rid of the cast times.

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Shouts absolutely need some stun breakage. Cast times are okay, though they should be small and primarily on ones that have strong effects on the enemy immediately, like the one that converts boons, not ones like might+weakness which are all about the followup.

My PvP Minion Build

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

Ill hopefully be testing it in an organised PvE environment. Probably high level fractals. Might even record some footage. No guarantee on that though. And yes I will be analysing the damage and PvE implications extensively.

let me know how it goes. I currently use my mesmer (toon #1 created) in the fractals.

I used Necro (toon #2) in wvw for a very, very long time. But got bored of the simple playstyle of it on guild raids. I actually would like to use it in PvE but you know the stigma they have. But with fractal changes coming I am hoping that the reaper will be a great addition to the team. Shame wont get to test the new high level fractals to see if you need conditions or if zerker is fine but I am seriously interested to hear how you go with this, and if they are a strong option.
I personally will be focusing my reaper testing on WvW in a melee train, and testing revenant out in a focus party.

Hoping that the fractal change will throw everything in the air and give some more “open” spots to a strong group setup. I.e. Only necessary be PS warrior and an Ele. Beyond that if it opened up more it be great

@Necros, beta 1.

in Necromancer

Silverkey.2078

Maybe while we will have A-net’s attention on our feedbacks for the reaper, we may try to push a few feedbacks for our core specializations (since any reaper will still have 2 of those).