Need help with making a necro Cond dmg build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Carnage.4762

Carnage.4762

Good day everyone,

there is probably already a thread out there, but not 1 with the details i want or I just can ’t find it.
currently im running a condition dmg build 30 curses / 10 death magic / 30 blood magic for the usage of wells dunno if that is part of a cond build.

if possible i like some pointers to some adjustments, if needed to try out a different build entirely.

I am using scepter / dagger + staff
all of my gear = precision/thoughness/condition dmg except for accesories
In the gear im using superior rune of the undead(condition dmg/thoughness)

if anyone has any pointers please do so, it will be much appreciated.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Savan.8495

Savan.8495

Another one of these posts… here’s the (modified) response I gave the last 4*

Conditionmancer PvE dps spec

Consensus Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNArYbjMa96pbub07JCJFPjaQKev0ieQMjlMA
Variations: 10/30/20/10/0 (with dagger cool down/mark bleed), 20/30/10/0/10 (with soul reaping/unyielding blast), 0/30/30/10/0 (with focusing crystal), 10/30/30/0/0 (with might duration runes/sigils)

Gear: 5x Rabid – Dungeon: TA, Arah, HotW/Trading post: Khilbron’s/Karma: Orr karma vendor 42k

Accessories: 3 x Rampagers (rings & necklace), 2 x Carrion (earrings), 1 x Carrion (back with either rampagers/carrion gems)

Weapons: MH Rabid scepter, OH Rabid dagger, Rabid staff

Utilities:
1) Plague signet or Wurm (boss) or Shadow Fiend (trash) or Corrupt Boon or Spectral Walk/Spectral Armour (Lupicius)
2) BiP (use with dagger 4)
3) Epidemic (use on cooldown on aoe trash)

Elite: Flesh golem or Plague (situation dependent)

Runes: 6 x Undead

Sigil: MH of Earth, OH of agony/of corruption, Staff of corruption/of geomancy

Rotation: Scepter 2, dagger 5, BiP, dagger 4, Scepter 3, (epidemic), swap weapon, staff 2, staff 3, staff 4, (epidemic), enter DS, DS 1 × 3, DS 4, exit DS, staff 1 auto attack, staff 2, swap weapons – REPEAT

Additional notes: If you plan on stacking might through reapers might or the mobs die quickly I would pop epidemic early in the rotation, its all personal preference

Other viable builds focus on stacking might duration (sticky build post) through (strength/of the fire/hoelbrak) and sigil of battle/strength – or alternatively view my previous posts

You can supplement rabid gear with carrion gear until you farm the necessary tokens/karma. You can alternatively craft Rampagers gear though I would then adopt a more well-centric build – see Xyi’s post on Guru forums

Of geomancy on staff relies on you being close to your enemy and should be paired with blood 10 blast finisher for maximum effect

The choice of accessories was chosen to provide 50% crit while maximizing your offensive stats to supplement bleed stacking

I prefer to put corruption solely on staff though I would advise you keep it out on kills for the first couple of packs of trash so you can maintain the buff for the rest of the dungeon/wvw

Forgot to mention, you generally want to use consume conditions, well of blood is only really useful in story mode

ALSO there is a search function please use it, you can find this same build on the first 3 pages of this forum

(edited by Savan.8495)

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

OP, I think that’d work fine.

Seems like you could go two directions. One is to something like mine (copy/paste links):
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fQEQNArYWjMat7VaSb87JgJFZPe0DiHOZKFrXOA;ToAqmMNJay2krJZTLCGLsLYGA
I use Cond/Tough/Prec armor & Runes of Undead. Could also use Knights armor instead.

Or…go in this direction, which adds more Power:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=;044Z-FKlHFF0m3JIkJ0;9;4TT9;036B16A1;6SNH6-JF0NV05NV051FM

A matter of playstyle, I think. Mine has much lower power, but I have alot of CD reducing traits, which I find very helpful.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

OP, I think that’d work fine.

Seems like you could go two directions. One is to something like mine (copy/paste links):
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fQEQNArYWjMat7VaSb87JgJFZPe0DiHOZKFrXOA;ToAqmMNJay2krJZTLCGLsLYGA
I use Cond/Tough/Prec armor & Runes of Undead. Could also use Knights armor instead.

Or…go in this direction, which adds more Power:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=;044Z-FKlHFF0m3JIkJ0;9;4TT9;036B16A1;6SNH6-JF0NV05NV051FM

A matter of playstyle, I think. Mine has much lower power, but I have alot of CD reducing traits, which I find very helpful.

Sigils on the 1st build are strange, of earth/of strength MH are better options, also unsure about path of midnight as a soul reaping trait given the the low power on your build – I would move those 10 points into spite and grab reapers might so you can stack might/vuln of target

On the 2nd build close to death (spite) is currently bugged, it doesn’t apply to condition damage so don’t spec into it as condition. The rune set and sigil set also don’t fit the build – see previous posts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Well you have the ideal gear setup rune and all for conditions.

I think these are all top notch conditions builds.

All out damage that does respectable direct damage with all the crits and fair power you melt things fast. 30/30/10/0/0 I left some triats blank and just put the ones I felt are key. Use the utilities you like swap them on demand flesh golum is a great elite choice for all builds.

http://www.intothemists.com/calc/index.php?build=;044Z;1kHVB0r3gJkJ0;9;4TT9;2B1-A1;6K-H4;2dZH9fgm92Vy

Then there is a tanky conditions build with pets. 20/30/20/0/0 you can go with more pets if you like drop greater marks for faster recharging pets or replace 50% more health with the faster recharge whatever works for you.

http://www.intothemists.com/calc/index.php?build=;044Z;1kHVB0r3wI-K0;9;4JTJ;18-1-A19;5K-H4;2dZH9fgm92Vz

The full DS conditions build 0/30/10/0/30. Marks generate a fair amount of lifeforce you can go 0/30/10/10/20 and pick up the extra mark on a dodge.

http://www.intothemists.com/calc/index.php?build=;044Z;1kHVB0r3gJ-K0;9;5T9-T;11-A1;49BK-H4;2dZH9fgm92VL

Those are the base three concepts – I would stick with the first two listed or something close to that or go simple 0/30/30/10/0.

There are also well based conditions builds but I think its meh… Some other strange yet effective conditions builds like staff spectral. 0/20/20/0/30 or 0/20/20/10/20 Its good if you partner up with a burst class because of the near instant 20 stacks of vuln on a target.

http://www.intothemists.com/calc/index.php?build=;044Z;1kHFI094gJ-K0;9;5JJ-T;119-14;239BK-H4;2dZH9fgm92Vc

You have the gear play with any of the builds listed see what you like. If you have specific questions on a build lots of people here could give input.

p.s. the 30/30/10 build does work you crit alot and even with the +20% not counting conditions damage your damage is no joke with all the crits and the +300 power + base. Its a top build.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

(edited by Xom.9264)

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

All out damage that does respectable direct damage with all the crits and fair power you melt things fast. 30/30/10/0/0 I left some triats blank and just put the ones I felt are key. Use the utilities you like swap them on demand flesh golum is a great elite choice for all builds.

http://www.intothemists.com/calc/index.php?build=;044Z;1kHVB0r3gJkJ0;9;4TT9;2B1-A1;6K-H4;2dZH9fgm92Vy

Then there is a tanky conditions build with pets. 20/30/20/0/0 you can go with more pets if you like drop greater marks for faster recharging pets or replace 50% more health with the faster recharge whatever works for you.

http://www.intothemists.com/calc/index.php?build=;044Z;1kHVB0r3wI-K0;9;4JTJ;18-1-A19;5K-H4;2dZH9fgm92Vz

The full DS conditions build 0/30/10/0/30. Marks generate a fair amount of lifeforce you can go 0/30/10/10/20 and pick up the extra mark on a dodge.

http://www.intothemists.com/calc/index.php?build=;044Z;1kHVB0r3gJ-K0;9;5T9-T;11-A1;49BK-H4;2dZH9fgm92VL

Those are the base three concepts – I would stick with the first two listed or something close to that or go simple 0/30/30/10/0.

There are also well based conditions builds but I think its meh… Some other strange yet effective conditions builds like staff spectral. 0/20/20/0/30 or 0/20/20/10/20 Its good if you partner up with a burst class because of the near instant 20 stacks of vuln on a target.

http://www.intothemists.com/calc/index.php?build=;044Z;1kHFI094gJ-K0;9;5JJ-T;119-14;239BK-H4;2dZH9fgm92Vc

You have the gear play with any of the builds listed see what you like. If you have specific questions on a build lots of people here could give input.

p.s. the 30/30/10 build does work you crit alot and even with the +20% not counting conditions damage your damage is no joke with all the crits and the +300 power + base. Its a top build.

Unsure about the choice of sigils on those builds, the debate regarding cond duration vs damage is ongoing

I personally opt for undead runes over krait/afflicted because
a) meta pvp revolves around condition cleanse/removal – bleeds rarely tick that long
b) meta pve mobs die rather quickly so damage is generally preferred

That being said 3×3 is ok and outperforms 2×2×2 krait/centaur/afflicted

Also note close to death is currently bugged and does not apply to cond damage

in Necromancer

TheAgedGnome.7520

Sigils on the 1st build are strange, of earth/of strength MH are better options, also unsure about path of midnight as a soul reaping trait given the the low power on your build – I would move those 10 points into spite and grab reapers might so you can stack might/vuln of target

On the 2nd build close to death (spite) is currently bugged, it doesn’t apply to condition damage so don’t spec into it as condition. The rune set and sigil set also don’t fit the build – see previous posts

Hmm, I don’t see how getting 250 cond dmg (Sigil of Corruption) and 10% bleed duration increase (Agony) is strange, considering its a cond build.

I do see how Earth/Strength could be good, but since % crit rate is not terribly high, I always shied away from them. Might have to try that out.

As for the second build, that was from another recent post by someone else. Just wanted to point out different direction to go. Thanks for the heads up on Close to Death – I’m glad I’m not using it!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.3645

Cempa.3645

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

Hmm, I don’t see how getting 250 cond dmg (Sigil of Corruption) and 10% bleed duration increase (Agony) is strange, considering its a cond build.

I do see how Earth/Strength could be good, but since % crit rate is not terribly high, I always shied away from them. Might have to try that out.

As for the second build, that was from another recent post by someone else. Just wanted to point out different direction to go. Thanks for the heads up on Close to Death – I’m glad I’m not using it!

My bad should of explained better,

The choice of sigils on build 1 isn’t bad I just disagree on your placement of them, see my earlier build. I am also hesitant about sigil of undeath – I find it too situational. Of Earth/barbed precision can help a lot stacking bleeds. Apart from the extra 10 points in soul reaping I don’t disagree with the build – though I would be wary about investing in wells in Rabid gear. Rampager gear might be a different story

in Necromancer

TheAgedGnome.7520

… I don’t disagree with the build – though I would be wary about investing in wells in Rabid gear. Rampager gear might be a different story

Wells do ok, but not great, in my build. Staff Marks are definitely quite weak. I’ll often swap out a well for BiP instead.

in Necromancer

Carnage.4762

Thnx for the much replies…. but i have problem cant link on the links you guys sent me…
I get an error " bad link " so yea i have to go from what you guys are typing

in Necromancer

TheAgedGnome.7520

Thnx for the much replies…. but i have problem cant link on the links you guys sent me…
I get an error " bad link " so yea i have to go from what you guys are typing

You need to copy & paste the text of the links to a new browser window. ANet is confused by external URLs with semicolons in them.

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

copy paste them, this forum doesn’t like long URL’s

in Necromancer

Carnage.4762

ah yes thnx a lot,
also i forgot to mention that im an asura and i heard that the golem is a very good dps burst dmg over the flesh golem at dungeons with bosses

in Necromancer

Xom.9264

Unsure about the choice of sigils on those builds, the debate regarding cond duration vs damage is ongoing

I personally opt for undead runes over krait/afflicted because
a) meta pvp revolves around condition cleanse/removal – bleeds rarely tick that long
b) meta pve mobs die rather quickly so damage is generally preferred

That being said 3×3 is ok and outperforms 2×2×2 krait/centaur/afflicted

Also note close to death is currently bugged and does not apply to cond damage

He already said that Undead is being used, I did not waste the time changing them. I like the undead runes more for most builds. When i use 3×3 its for my staff conditions DS dance build or when I’m roaming WvW very few people condition remove in WvW. 2×2×2 agree too slow pointless outside of trying to solo elites.

30/30/x/x/x Your power is 1200 or so and you crit alot looking at 26-30+ more damage when under 50% (depending on types of conditions on target). A dip into DS for quick fury into a staff unload or Scepter Feast is good spike damage. I would not of posted it If i did not test the it vs other conditions builds.

Its not broken or bugged because you think something shoud work another way. Yup I would like if it scaled with conditions also….. however that would be almost mesmer level strong and we cant have that, because deathshroud.

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

Its not broken or bugged because you think something shoud work another way. Yup I would like if it scaled with conditions also….. however that would be almost mesmer level strong and we cant have that, because deathshroud.

Wiki says otherwise

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Close_to_Death

Bug.Does not increase damage conditions do.

Mesmer strength? Necros have a niche role and they fill it – want high single target dps roll a power build, want insane aoe dps roll condition/epidemic – the build I originally provided more than furfils that role

While you may have tested 30/30/x/x/x, you clearly didnt test it rigerously enough

in Necromancer

Xom.9264

Wiki says otherwise

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Close_to_Death

Bug.Does not increase damage conditions do.

Mesmer strength? Necros have a niche role and they fill it – want high single target dps roll a power build, want insane aoe dps roll condition/epidemic – the build I originally provided more than furfils that role

While you may have tested 30/30/x/x/x, you clearly didnt test it rigerously enough

Wiki says its bugged well guess we have to wait and see, regardless. It does more damage if you are looking to do the fastest most damage as a condition build 30/30/x/x/x is what you do.

I know you cant kill anything faster with his gear setup then 30/30/x/x/x I have tested, its basic math other conditions builds add utility/survival you lose damage.

Argue the fine points if you want over what build is better utilities etc if you want. I gave multiple builds for a reason an option of choice. You cant make a conditions build with rabid gear do faster DPS then 30/30/x/x/x does.

I dont even run that build because i like a bit more defense. You are welcome to prove me wrong and do faster damage with another rabid geared spec, good luck with that.

(edited by Xom.9264)

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

Right here we go

For starters lets see what we gain from investing those 30 points into spite over 20 points
1) Siphoned power -> you do more DPS when less than 25%. Most competent players will keep their HP above 25% to ensure they don’t burden the rest of their team – so this trait adds pretty much zero value
2) Close to death is currently bugged, the damage increase does not apply to condition damage (our main source of DPS). In an AOE setting (yes that’s what condition necros are designed to do) most of your dps comes from your conditions thus this trait is also pretty useless. Please note with a power build this trait is actually useful i.e. a build that’s designed for single targets
3) 10% extra duration – provides 1 extra tick of damage… woohoo
4) 100 extra power – rather negligible since this adds nothing to condition damage
5) Spiteful marks – 10% damage on staff… wow that’s truly amazing

Now let’s move those 10 points somewhere else

10 extra points in death grants you
1) protection of the horde – extra toughness, 2 condition damage, yeh that’s pretty kitten
2) Flesh of the master – makes your pets pretty much immune to AOE DPS that would have otherwise 1 shotted them, they stay alive = you do more DPS. Flesh wurm is much better than spectral walk (strange you would use that utility in your build when aiming for damage)
3) Might duration, more might duration higher bleed ticks assuming you pair it with reapers might and BiP – most conditionmancers will
4) 100 extra toughness, equates to about 7 condition damage – yeh that’s pretty underwhelming
5) Death shiver, AOE vulnerability – more vulnerability more group DPS
6) Staff mastery – faster marks, more conditions more DPS

Now lets move those 10 points into soul reaping

1) Soul reaping – stack vulnerability on mobs when using life blast (which is used to stack might) – more vulnerability more group dps
2) Prowness – pretty meh
3) Hunger, longer DS, more survivability = more DPS

So far you could argue it either way regarding the best dps spec

Now let’s take the 20% might duration from death, combine it with 20% duration from food and add 60% from runes (hoelbrak/of fire/of strength). Now let’s pair that with sigil of battle/strength. We now have a spec that has an average might stack of 20+ with an uptime of 100% (far better than the equivalent undead rune setup)

See below for further details

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Conditionmancer-Dungeon-Equipment/first#post815565

From the look of things you’ve lifted the 30/30/x/x/x/ build straight off of GW2 guru (hell I did the exact same thing when I first posted on this forum) – the fact is the ‘best’ DPS spec is not always the most obvious

(edited by Savan.8495)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

For PvE, I don’t necessarily agree with you Savan. The reason being that in PvE, stacking 25 stacks of might on yourself is as problematic as stacking 25 stacks of bleed on an enemy; you’re blocking the rest of your teams’ dps/support. In most environments, if you have an Elementalist ally (or a Warrior, or anything really), they’re stacking 9-12 stacks of might on the whole team. If you are trying to stack 25 stacks of might on yourself, you’re wasting half of your effort, or wasting his. It’s for this reason that those mass stack builds, like the one you suggested, are best used when you’re out soloing the world. For dungeons or other team-based activities, I highly discourage you from using that build unless you’re coordinated with your team perfectly such that there’s no unnecessary overlap/wasted effort.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

Also with regards to 3x afflicted 3xkrait you are probably aware that the duration cap is 100% (excluding lingering curses) – can’t find the source for this at present

Therefore in a normal condition setup
40% from food
20% hemo
10% OH of agony
20-30% traits

Theres no need to use krait/afflicted, in fact doing so (provided you use food) is a dps loss over undead/might duration stacking

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

@Rising Duck
Thats an interesting point, though I am in two minds about it. While I accept might stacking may be an issue (wasn’t aware it had the same cap as bleeds) its really depends on your group. As someone who regularly pugs dungeons I can never gurantee the setup of my party – for that reason I generally aim to buff my own dps instead of relying on other players.

Assuming you brought a elementalist/warrior that was specced correctly you could probably maintain a consistent 25 stack in which case your dps would not be optimal, however it would more than exceed the equivalent undead/30/30/x/x/x setup

Whether this is true in practice probaly warrants more research

in Necromancer

Xom.9264

Ok buddy you are theory crafting without testing you did not list a timeframe now did you? You are also adding utilities to the mix like BiP without considering the power it adds to your base damage, damage that crits damage that works with the +20% when under 50%. Wall of text is all guessing with no real math or testing.

BTW the highest rated necro in the game number #2 rated out of all players runs a 30/30/x/x/x conditions build.

Again I will say it the +20% more damage under 50% will spike the target with a conditions build. You do have damage that is not conditions related that crits that is boosted by targets under 50%, your build will not kill a test golum faster then 30/30/x/x/x. Thats not to say your build is worst you just need to kind of get over yourself and stop with the kitten 1 build to rule them all crap. There are multiple varriations on conditions builds all have thier merits 30/30/x/x/x will kill things faster overtime or with a full lifeforce bar there are other builds that might do better but until we get test golums with 20 times the health of the ones we have now I have to go with the test we can do and what build works fastest.

I dont guess I test.

(edited by Xom.9264)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alex.4186

Alex.4186

i’m also leveling a necro, and i really like playing him condition, now i was considering the common build that Savan posted and i have a pair of question
1) Jewelry: with the introduction of rabid exotic jewelry you would go full rabid or still use a mix of carrion/rampager for the trinket?
2)Death magic: i was thinking to put those 20 point in blood magic instead, to gain some form of life regen that its great with the toughness of the rabid gear, my experience with my war main is that armor + life regen is a great combo

Sorry for the bad English

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

@Alex,

1) I am currently deciding on jewellery. The original jewellery setup I provided was pre-patch. It has the benefit of providing 50% crit, power and vitality (5% of which can be converted to condition dmg through focussing crystal).

Now if we swap to full rabid accessories we would lose some power (doesn’t contribute much to our cond damage) and vitality (pretty worthless). On this basis, I would lean towards full rabid accessories. However, there are a couple of things I am a little concerned about.

It has been previously suggested (though not formally proved) that condition damage can suffer from diminishing returns. At present with the gear setup I provided your bleeds will tick for 140+ (most people see this as the effective cap).

Therefore it may not be worth investing in further cond dmg. I personally will be investing in rabid accessories and then testing my findings – I will post here once I’ve done so

2) You could invest those 20 in blood however the only benefits from doing so is Ritual Mastery (which you would need to pair with focussed rituals (thereby losing master of corruption) and taking well of corruption instead of worm. I have a couple of issues with well builds for condition specs, namely the lack of power we have to buff them.

Secondly as a necro we have a very large hp full and our regen abilities are pretty underwhelming – see vitality versus toughness post.

However if you insist on speccing into blood and wells then I would be inclined to use Rampager gear and supplement undead runes for krait/afflicted (note the 100% duration cap excl lingering curses)

@Xom,

I directed you to a theory craft thread with all the formula I used, the might stacking build does more cond damage (emphasis on cond dmg not direct damage) and since the build is targeted at AOE dps (i.e. dmg through conditions) it makes sense to buff cond damage. I will say this just once, if you want to single target dps then spec power (then the trait you provided makes sense) if you want to spec aoe dps (spec conditions) then there are better setups.

“Mr X. who is the highest rated necromancer in the universe specs X….” -> Not even worth discussing this, he is clearly 100% correct that’s why he’s the best, stupid.

If you actually read my post I provided multiple variations on the original build. I have also posted in several posts that I’m not a heavy theory crafter – from experience the build I provided excels in aoe situations over 30/30/x/x/x, providing robust pet survivability and might duration – it may be paired with the rune setup I provided to further boost dps over undead setups

Still I am tired of these my build > better than yours arguments. The fact is we don’t have the necessary tools to effectively compare dps. However from my personal experience the build I provided outperforms 30/30/x/x/x in an aoe pve situation. Please refer to my original posts if you think I am being bias in my views. I initially maintained that 30/30/10/X/X was the highest dps spec (though at that time my trait setup was kitten)

(edited by Savan.8495)

in Necromancer

Xom.9264

You just argue to argue dont you, you’re dead wrong test it on golums… I know you wont because you never came to the thread to help present viable builds you came to kitten and try to brag on running the best build ever lol.

Its not even ‘my build’ I dont run it but once and awhile, I did test the crap out of it and many other builds weapons etc… Its a popular build that one of the best necros in the game runs, so kindly kitten

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

Thats the beauty of golems they don’t hit back.

I provided you with theory…. you wern’t happy
I provided you with numbers…. you wern’t happy

At no point did I say it was your ‘build’ I merely implied you lifted it off of GW2 guru (insert any other reputabale source)

I also provided multiple builds in my original post, as you did. Hell, I even labelled it ‘consensus’ build implying that it was not the 100% confirmed best build. The only difference is I provided more information and didn’t spread misinformation

The fact is these threads actually encourage theorycrafting and testing, blindly following the ‘best’ necro in the world neither helps you or our class in general

See any of my previous posts for clarification

(edited by Savan.8495)