New Necro - Tpvp Condition Builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Heya there guys, after much thought, I decided it was about time for me to make a Necromancer. I will be primarily playing PvP, mostly Tpvp/Soloq, and I am really interested in trying out some power builds, and some time afterwards I will give condition and other builds a run and find something that suits me best.

I have gone through all your advice and played around with some power builds, and for some reason settles on an axe/warhorn+staff 30/10/0/0/30 build, seems to work quite well most of the time until I get focused the hell down, haha. Lich form is best magnet ever.

Now my question is, What should I be looking for in a Conditionmancer build for TPvP? yet again I am completely clueless as to what would be good for a condition build, and am very interested in trying some, any help would be greatly appreciated!

(edited by Natsu Dragneel.1625)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

imo power is the way to go. theres a way to get super op with power. necros have alot of condi peels so it is easy for other necros to also use those condi removes along with other classes(thief) but if u build smart with power u can be un stoppable.
p.s mystogan will own natsu =3

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

(edited by Mystogan.4157)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

xerrex has some good power necro videos on twitch, and you can ask anything when hes streaming.

leeto dagger power builds is also top, just different playstyle, more allround.

The guys from But of corpse have a few almost t1 builds( youtube/soacgaming , video around 30), if youre a lowr rank player they might work even better for you.

Both power and condi work best if you get a group on TS, necro needs team support. If u dont like skyhamer, u can also solo in teamq quite good, just have an alt prepared if 2+ warrs/decap clown

edit: and nemesis (youtube/iamoneandiamlegion) has basicaly whole necro cowered. PvE mostly, with wvw and tpvp parts too.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

(edited by Flumek.9043)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Main problem with power necro atm is that it is in no way better than condi necro.
Condi necro has better dmg, survival, utility and is easier to play.
Power necro is not bad, but theres no reason for team to take one.
You can check the power build i run – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Leeto-s-power-dagger-PVP-build/first
The trick of the build is that it has no real counters, you dont rely on lich form nr1 spam, you do great dmg in death shroud, you do great dmg outside it with daggers, you got bleed and burn so you dont rely all on direct damage, you got spammable life force generation on both weapon sets etc. etc.
It isnt top dps build or anything, but if you rely on one thing then its easy to counter you.

edit: oh ofcourse 2 main factors are that as many people have said its fun to play and you look like ninja with dem 2x daggers

in Necromancer

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Alrighty guys, thanks for all the advice, I now have my own little power build that’s been working quite well!

That being said, I am greatly interested in trying out some condition builds, do you guys have any advice and/or recommendations for Condition necromancer builds?

As always, Thanks for any help!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

No brainer, 30/20/0/0/20. Dhuumfire + terror. Most powerful build there is. Back in my day i used this build and called it hybrid but now its default “condition” build. Staff + scepter and dagger(works with warhorn too) + plague. You can experiment around with traits according to your preference main thing is just take Dhuumfire as grandmaster in spite and terror as master in curses + rabid amulet. Cant go wrong with this combo.
You normally would want to go with same utilities as in my power build, if you are really desperate and want “IWIN” button in 1v1s then you can take Signet of Spite.