New Patch Bugged Staff Mastery

in Necromancer

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

EDIT 5/29/2013 – Bug has been fixed! : D

This is like my first post here, I decided to post this after the patch because of how annoyed it made me >__>.

If you use Staff Mastery and Greater Marks then Putrid Marks, Mark of Blood and Reaper’s Mark is NOT effected by the 20% cool down reduction.

But if you use Staff Mastery without the Greater Marks trait then it works….. I don’t know if this was intended for the patch or not…. I really hope not T_T

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist

(edited by Greek.4396)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Oh boy…….
And the next month patch we’ll see:
> Staff mastery trait now correctly works with Greater marks trait.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nervs.6702

Nervs.6702

This is like my first post here, I decided to post this after the patch because of how annoyed it made me >__>.

If you use Staff Mastery and Greater Marks then Putrid Marks, Mark of Blood and Reaper’s Mark is NOT effected by the 20% cool down reduction.

But if you use Staff Mastery without the Greater Marks trait then it works….. I don’t know if this was intended for the patch or not…. I really hope not T_T

If you use Staff mastery and Greater Marks, then the 20% cool down reduction doesn’t work. The traits collides xD if you have just Staff mastery it works tho but with Greater Marks that when the bug occur.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Torqky.3682

Torqky.3682

LOLOL 15 loooooooooooollllllllooooooll

Torqky-80 Necro-Blackgate [HB]

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Omg you’re right -.-

Even the tooltip just changes on Chillblains.

Attachments:

(edited by flow.6043)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skyro.3108

Skyro.3108

Oh ANet… what trolls you guys are…

in Necromancer

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

At this point…
I think at this point they are making bugs, just to have more stuff to put in the patch notes…
It’s not like they actually put much time into this game, but at least the list of patch notes can try to lie about it.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in Necromancer

Posted by: subcrazy.1098

subcrazy.1098

At this point…
I think at this point they are making bugs, just to have more stuff to put in the patch notes…
It’s not like they actually do anything in a timely manner, but at least the list of patch notes can try to lie about it.

Lol

LavaFluxx – Ele
Ankle Bitër – Necro – Paxa
Necro and Ele small man videos:Necro/Ele Videos

in Necromancer

Posted by: Glenn.3417

Glenn.3417

Personally I don’t use Staff Mastery as I prefer Reaper’s Protection.

But classic Anet service: “We fix 1 bug after months and months. In return we provide you with a whole new range of bugs for you to explore and get annoyed about.”

Champion Phantom – Legionnaire – Genius – Magus

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

And here I was having fun by using both of those in sPVP.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is a critical bug that needs a hotfix. These traits are used by a ludicrous number of Necromancers in unison, and missing out on one or the other due to a bug like this being introduced is an immense hit on the usability of the staff as a weapon.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

based on what I saw with the reduced hp in downed, you first need to do a video recording before they are willing to acknowledge there is a bug. Maybe with it being right after the patch it will be different but if there is no response regarding this subject….this is probably why lol

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

This is a critical bug that needs a hotfix. These traits are used by a ludicrous number of Necromancers in unison, and missing out on one or the other due to a bug like this being introduced is an immense hit on the usability of the staff as a weapon.

Agreed, this is definitely worthy of a hotfix.

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/May-28-post-patch-necro-staff-mastery-bug/first#post2107060

But but we finally had our visual aoe indicators fixed and seems our marks got a new animation on their edges so you know, we have to pay in functionality for it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

Soon we will all just log in and our necros will be deleted with all of our gear and gold. Then they will tell us that’s working as intended too…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yendorion.2381

Yendorion.2381

Perhaps the time is coming for an ingame protest but I don’t know how others would agree because this is getting over the top now.

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

Would you please consider clicking my link and leaving posts in that thread since it’s in the game bugs section of the forums?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Definitely the need for a hotfix here, this is ridiculous.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

dude i’ll join you in a protest, i have no kittening problem calling these devs kittening kittened. count me in

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

are they serious? …

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Thanks guys, we’ll fix it.

-Chap

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

why dont you fix also minions AI bugs and spiteful talisman in pve too?

in Necromancer

Glenn.3417

-Chap

Hoozah.

How about necro downed hp bug in wvw and pve……

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

The Necro community makes me think of the big business world community during a stock market crash or right after losing millions over night. We’re just one fine hair away from jumping out of the top floor window of Anet central.

Then resurrecting each other for a Necro-Army that’s riddled with bugs and demands more changes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

The Necro community makes me think of the big business world community during a stock market crash or right after losing millions over night. We’re just one fine hair away from jumping out of the top floor window of Anet central.

Heh, you’re right, there’s a lot of panic mentality on the forums and we tend to be pretty passionate in our first reac-

Then resurrecting each other for a Necro-Army that’s riddled with bugs and demands more changes.

Wait, businessmen can DO that? And I thought finance was boring!

On topic: I’ll remove the bug from the bug list after work, if it’s resolved by then. Kind of hoping we don’t find any other ‘surprises’ like this.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

If this wasn’t so bad, i’d probably would ha a good laugh.

Meanwhile, had to do this:

http://weknowmemes.com/generator/uploads/generated/g1369767903106602318.jpg

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yendorion.2381

Yendorion.2381

-Chap

Thank you that’s highly appreciated, mind you mine was a brewing thought out of frustration not a specific idea yet but seriously, just looking at the simply non balance affecting issues please? I mean, non swimming elite minion, is that so hard? why not!? At least! For starters! :/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

-Chap

I honestly don’t know how this bug slipped through if this was supposed to be the month where the two of you focused on bugs.

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

in Necromancer

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

When I see the necro forums all I see is “rabble rabble rabble rabble”!!!

in Necromancer

Glenn.3417

We’re just one fine hair away from jumping out of the top floor window of Anet central.

What is this res? We have Death Shroud, jumping off tall buildings comes natural.

in Necromancer

Posted by: BobJoeXXI.2493

BobJoeXXI.2493

-Chap

How about that 1/3 down hp bug?!

Apicharr Science [ASci] – Maguuma
80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Engineer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I can hardly blame people on these forums when they do this. Its absolutely appauling how this class got a massive jack hammer nerf at launch and then dumped on the side of the road. Every patch is nothing but stupid tool tip bug fixes for necromancers. I think most of us have been extremely patient with ANet up to this point.

Remember when the thief trait Hidden Killer got bugged and thieves could no longer 100% critical backstab out of stealth? That got hot fixed almost immediately.

Necro 1/3rd downed health bug has been in effect since beta, still a problem. The Reaper’s Touch trait bug has been in effect since beta, still bugged. They just NOW fixed the Greater Marks size bug, but they broke something else in the process, so who knows how long that will take to fix. Flesh Golem still hasn’t learned to swim. Our cast times are still out of balance with the rest of the classes. Our trait tree is still a jumbled mess. We still have ridiculous cool downs on a lot of our abilities by comparison to other classes. Axe is still really, REALLY bad as a weapon. Minion AI is still very problematic. Nothing has been addressed about our lack of attrition that ANet seems to think we have. Our “access to poison” is still pretty terrible. 25 bleed cap is very much still a problem. The absurd amount of condition cleansing in PvP and necromancers inability to cover their bleed stack is still problematic for necromancers.

You’ll have to forgive some of us if we seem a little… upset. Its been 9 months now. Some of us actually had some hope that ANet was going to do the right thing here.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

Can you just combine both traits while youre fixing it?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

please kittening buff us sharp + nerf mesmers to the dam ground

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arianna.7642

Arianna.7642

Oh come on guys. Was there anyone that seriously did not expect this? It’s a pretty well known fact that when they do something (Anything) to the Staff, that they break something else with the Staff traits in the process. Look at the running issues we’ve had with Chilblains.

This time, since Chilblains has already gone through that mess, it was the rest of the Marks’ turn.

The only thing that this shows is that Arenanet really doesn’t learn from… Well, anything. But that was already known by anyone that pays attention.

(edited by Arianna.7642)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

Honestly, this would be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

After what I’ve found to be several extremely constructive debates on the necromancer class, correctly diagnosing its (many) problems and offering multiple solutions, this is what we get? It’s not like these problems are new either, many of them date all the way back to release, if not further. The more I see how reluctant A.Net is to throw the necromancer even the slightest bone, the worse I feel for not having played during the beta. We must surely have been a godlike sight to behold, given how frightened A.Net now seems to be of even touching the class with a 10-foot pole.

in Necromancer

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

We must surely have been a godlike sight to behold, given how frightened A.Net now seems to be of even touching the class with a 10-foot pole.

Not to burst your bubble, but this isn’t special, they actually always act like that.
It took 4+ months for them to make projectile speed on bows actually fast enough to hit people.

They have a million things to fix and a slow AND mediocre way about doing it…
Sigh…

(edited by garethh.3518)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

Not to burst your bubble, but this isn’t special

Don’t worry about it – that happened long ago.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

No public test server ftw

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Now now we are a coin toss flip away from mesmers, we should rather join forces with them cough was Necro/Mesmer in GW thus biased and smack guardians and eles for being boon whores.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

(edited by Andele.1306)

in Necromancer

Glenn.3417

smack guardians and eles for being boon whores.

Give them more boons I say. More for me to corrupt and rip.

in Necromancer

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

Rofl… where did I hear that before. Oh wait… since early access. Mkay. Hopefully in half a year or so tooltip for it will be fixed to reflect new change. <3

in Necromancer

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

I can hardly blame people on these forums when they do this. Its absolutely appauling how this class got a massive jack hammer nerf at launch and then dumped on the side of the road. Every patch is nothing but stupid tool tip bug fixes for necromancers. I think most of us have been extremely patient with ANet up to this point.

Remember when the thief trait Hidden Killer got bugged and thieves could no longer 100% critical backstab out of stealth? That got hot fixed almost immediately.

Necro 1/3rd downed health bug has been in effect since beta, still a problem. The Reaper’s Touch trait bug has been in effect since beta, still bugged. They just NOW fixed the Greater Marks size bug, but they broke something else in the process, so who knows how long that will take to fix. Flesh Golem still hasn’t learned to swim. Our cast times are still out of balance with the rest of the classes. Our trait tree is still a jumbled mess. We still have ridiculous cool downs on a lot of our abilities by comparison to other classes. Axe is still really, REALLY bad as a weapon. Minion AI is still very problematic. Nothing has been addressed about our lack of attrition that ANet seems to think we have. Our “access to poison” is still pretty terrible. 25 bleed cap is very much still a problem. The absurd amount of condition cleansing in PvP and necromancers inability to cover their bleed stack is still problematic for necromancers.

You’ll have to forgive some of us if we seem a little… upset. Its been 9 months now. Some of us actually had some hope that ANet was going to do the right thing here.

Shortest favorite facerolling class bug fix took about 4 hours. :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Now now we are a coin toss flip away from mesmers, we should rather join forces with them cough was Necro/Mesmer in GW thus biased and smack guardians and eles for being boon whores.

You forgot Engi as well.

No public test server ftw

I’ve actually posted in the suggestion forum that a PTS would be highly beneficial to this game with no support from the community. The posts just got buried under rather pointless and redundant threads.

in Necromancer

kailin.4905

-Chap

Sorry nothing personal, you seem like a good guy and your actually my favorite dev because you seem like you care about the game. But… we really don’t believe any of the red posts anymore. Too many of them have not been fulfilled.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cristobal.8640

Cristobal.8640

I waited patiently for this patch with the hopes of actually useful bug-fixing and balancing, instead I got no balancing at all, bugfixes that I couldn’t care less about and… new bugs?

Pff.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH

Fixed an issue where players who completed the Canach’s Lair instance before the release today can no longer receive rewards. All players will now be able claim the reward for completing this instance once more on any character.
Fixed an issue where the map marker for the Canach’s Lair instance would not display properly.
Karka spawn will no longer aggressively harass players trying to enter Canach’s Lair.
Clicking the Last Stand at Southsun Cove world event UI will now open the correct achievement category.

No hot fix.

Stuff goes here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Urukami.4796

Urukami.4796

The current patch hasn’t fixed the bugs at all for necromancer! I’m hoping for more patches in a few hours to fix it :/

Server: Seafarer’s Rest [EU]
Main Professions: Necromancer & Revenant
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/MrUrukami

in Necromancer

kailin.4905

I imagine we will have to wait 2-4 weeks. That way we will all be so grateful when it gets fixed that we will all forget for a few more weeks that we gained nothing at all and keep pumping money into the living pakitteno box.

in Necromancer

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

Fix eta : 12/29/2014