New elites brainstorm

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: CratZ.6270

CratZ.6270

A while back, I started thread in profession balance section about game needing new elites that were less powerful but on shorter cooldown so that you’d actually have elites that were available more frequently.

In this thread we could come up with possible ideas for necro elites that would fit this category. Once we start having some nice ideas we can link this discussion to the other thread.

Original thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Reworking-elite-skills-system/first#post4005581

Personally I feel we need elites in same categories as our utilities so that we could create specialized builds where the elite would be a central part of the build and affected by traits. We already have elite minion which does exactly this.

Would love to see elite signet, well and spectral skills.

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Elite Spectral:
10s Stability
10s Spectral effect – grant 10% LF per second
Breaks Stun

60-90s CD

It grants the stability we need, in a very accessible manner without barring you from your skills. Can be used to access deathshroud on demand even if you have low LF (and will continue giving you LF).

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

(edited by Bhawb.7408)

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Elite Spectral:
10s Stability
Breaks Stun

60-90s CD

It grants the stability we need, in a very accessible manner without barring you from your skills. Can be used to access deathshroud on demand even if you have low LF (and will continue giving you LF).

That would be extraordinarily strong, maybe if it was an 8 second effect or if it was 5% LF per second. Having said that the idea seems good.

As for wells, I think we have most of the things covered. The only thing we don’t really have is a well that gives boons, so maybe something that pulses stability, or might. That would give us better group support for dungeons.

Signets don’t really have a set direction right now, so you could do almost anything.

I’d like to see an elite corruption that gives some torment to enemies. There where some fake elites a while back and the one there looked amazing.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

CratZ.6270

Elite well:

1 sec stability on each pulse to allies
12-15 sec might on each pulse to allies
2 sec fury on every pulse
duration: 10 seconds
interval: 1 sec

60-80s CD

similar to guardians hallow ground with weaker stability but also a DPS boost for entire party

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

8s might be more realistic, I agree, I was trying to compare it to things like Rampage as One/Signet of Rage, but they also don’t have the same combos that this would.

If we got an elite well I think it would need to be something like Well of Grenth – ice field that applies chill and some other debilitating conditions (weakness/poison maybe, although I worry about it stepping on the toes of CPC). But it’d have to be something along those lines.

I would definitely like to see some kind of torment elite corruption skill.

My PvP Minion Build

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

Summon a second flesh wurm OoOooO yeah. Magic tricks all day

But kidding aside, spectral elite and well sound good

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Wouldn’t that mean that if we trait for it we would have 12 seconds of stability without boon duration? Also wouldn’t have spectral skills too much stunbreakers?

EverythingOP

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Hmm…. As for Well:

Large radius (possibly around 400), let’s say 6-7 second duration, 60 second cd. Two possibilities:

a)You and your allies affected by the Well cannot lose more than 10% of the overall health every second from all sources

b)All incoming damage is spreaded across you and your allies affected by Well. Gain Stability.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Necro definitely needs group buffing skills and wells are great opportunity to do that. But I don’t think such well as proposed above should be elite. Hallowed Ground isn’t elite too. Elite skills should be something that we use rarely and they allow us to take advantage in a fight. Buffing a party is standard and basic strategy.
Well of suffering should grant long might and fury (ticking) to allies.
Well of power should grant ticking stability, not only 1sec stability to caster.
Well of blood is bad – long cd and average heal. It should additionally grant regeneration for the duration of the well. And maybe even make all attacks within the area of it be life stealing.
Well of corruption is okay. Maybe add pulsing weakness and delete damage.
I would also add minions that create boons and share them for party.
Deathly Swarm should also bounce to friends and transfer boons of enemies.
The stun from warhorn should also grant fury to allies.
Seriously this is what necro needs, being party-friendly. Maybe some of my ideas are OP but this is the direction necro should be edited imo.
For elite, the spectral thingy is very nice, I would just add swiftness alongside with the stability.

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

So well.. “Well of Immortality/Undeath” ideas.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Wouldn’t that mean that if we trait for it we would have 12 seconds of stability without boon duration? Also wouldn’t have spectral skills too much stunbreakers?

Yes. Rampage as one is 20s of stability, plus fury, swiftness(?), and might on attack for both you and your pet, and that is without traiting, so I think 12s stability needing 4 traits investment and/or boon duration is perfectly acceptable.

And spectrals would have a lot of stunbreaks, but that isn’t really a bad thing, its pretty common on other professions for stunbreaks to be centered on one area.

My PvP Minion Build

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

Elite Stance:

Cast AOE Fear. All conditions have 30 – 50% increased duration.

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hagrid Caridinam.3084

Hagrid Caridinam.3084

Elite Mark

When triggered, gain life force, summons zombies, causes chill, and rallies downed allies based on number of targets hit (eg. more targets hit means: more zombies, longer chill, more allies rallied), and leaves poison cloud and dark field for 10 seconds. Radius is 50% larger than staff marks.

(edited by Hagrid Caridinam.3084)

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foosnark.1784

Foosnark.1784

Sudden Death: instant 10% LF gain, and DS and all DS abilities come off cooldown.

Well of Binding: every pulse (1 per second), enemies are frozen (2 sec), crippled (4 sec) and lose 100% of stamina; bleeding conditions are removed from all allies. Projectiles can enter, but not exit the well. Downed allies within the well cannot lose health and cannot be interrupted or stomped.

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Regenerator.7326

Regenerator.7326

instantly resurrect nearby dead (dead dead) allies. 240 sec cool down.
i think this skill will give necro an edge in pve, being the only profession to save a full wipe. but probably not gonna work in pvp.

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Uhhhhh it would be better in pvp than pve lol.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Nooooo it’s cool guys just burn all your cooldowns it won’t matter if you die I can just auto res you instantly from dead dead state. … lol

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Elite Skill: Shriek
Throw you head back and unleash a terrible wail, striking fear into enemies (would be telegraphed).
5s AoE Fear
90-120 second cooldown
360 radius

Additional Thought: Maybe have it drain your enemies’ endurance or apply weakness.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

5s of aoe fear would be enough to make it op on a terror build

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

ressing dead dead ppl would be a nice ability for necro. as necro commands dead etc he should have such skill the more class-specific ability the better for necro to be more wanted in a party.

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

5s of aoe fear would be enough to make it op on a terror build

It would have a long cooldown and be dodge-able. The point was to make it the strongest fear because warrior and thief have access to stronger fears than necro despite fears being necro’s specialty.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Spectral Void
Cooldown 90 second

For 10 seconds, you are immune to any attacks and spells. You temporarily loses this immunity when you attack or use a skill. When you stop attacking or using skills, you regain this immunity as long as the original 10 second duration hasn’t ran out.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Virulence
Cooldown: kitten (OK, so 45 seconds in shorthand apparently gets censored. LOL)

Target foe is afflicted with multiple conditions depending on existing conditions:

Bleeding: 5 stacks (10s) Always added
Poison: 10s Always added
Weakness: 10s Always added
Crippled: 10s Always added

If the target already has 2 or more of the above conditions on them, they also suffer:

Torment: 3 stacks (10s)
Confusion: 3 stacks (5s)
Immobilized: 2s

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Elite Skill: Shriek
Throw you head back and unleash a terrible wail, striking fear into enemies (would be telegraphed).
5s AoE Fear
90-120 second cooldown
360 radius

Additional Thought: Maybe have it drain your enemies’ endurance or apply weakness.

Please no, there are other skills that would be far more useful to the class. This would be useless in pvp because people would stunbreak, or dodge. It would also not solve any of our other issues simply because you want to have the longest fear.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

Elite minion: knights of ni

Summon a 12 foot tall minion knight surrounded by his followers.
Knights of ni bombard nearest enemies. With the savage sound of ‘NI!’
Causeing distortion, confusion, fear, weakness, and vulnerability.
The target must then present a shrub to to knights of succumb to thier. Doom.

Or

Elite summon: the black knight
Summons a black knight missing both arms and legs, he flops around the.battle.field causing crippling, and bleeding to foes.

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Ok, I think before we “brainstorm” we have to list what does the class really need That thing has to come with cooldown and probably affect more targets than one/necromancer himself.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Whatever happened to the underwater golem shark?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Whatever happened to the underwater golem shark?

Those “leaked” patch notes were fake.

My PvP Minion Build

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Well: Well of Consumption: Pulses every second for 5 seconds. Deal damage and gain life force for every pulse. 60 second cooldown

Corruption: Necrotic Festering: Torment yourself, inflict conditions to your target depending on what boons you have. (EG: If you have regeneration, you will inflict bleeding on your target.) (90 second cooldown)

Spectral: Spectral Reversal: When hit, convert life force into HP (10 second duration). (90 second cooldown) (Not removed when entering Death Shroud, so it can be stacked with Unholy Sanctuary trait. )

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Clausterphobia:
Elite skill, 1.5 second cast, 90 second cooldown, 10 second duration
Creates a 600 radius ring of spectral fire around the necro’s location that shrinks down to 200 radius over the next 8 seconds. Enemies attempting to cross the fire are pulled to the center. Each second, enemies inside are Chilled, Poisoned, and Weakened for 1 second. Fears enemies inside on the final pulse for 1 second.

There’s a lockdown elite for you. Doesn’t stop them from doing anything but running, and it makes them suck when they’re trying to fight you in your own arena. Also very flavorful with the shrinking radius ^.^

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: psygate.5632

psygate.5632

I am at the point where the Elite “Necromancer’s Guard”, simply giving 20 seconds of stability without forcing me to change my form and walk around without being able to stomp anything or pick something up, would make me very happy. 180 sec cd, 1.5 second casttime ._.

or

“Summon Swimming Flesh Golem”
Completely the same as flesh golem, but this one can swim. Essentially, the elite doesn’t do anything, except keeping your golem alive when you enter water, so if you exit, it’s still there.

Nostalgyus-Necromancer (Kodash)

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

CratZ.6270

Elite well:

Well of the leech:
- Drains endurance from foes on every pulse and fills the casters endurance
- Drains life from foes on every pulse (separate and cumulative effect with vampiric rituals )
- Steals a random boon from foes on every pulse (too much mesmer- ish?)

Duration 8-10sec
1 sec pulses
60-90sec CD

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

The only thing we do with boons is destroy them…not steal them

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tyseyh.1083

Tyseyh.1083

Not set on Cooldowns/ Activation times /Duration yet.

Elite Well.
Well of Vamprism.
Whenever you or allies take damage while in the well, you steal X health from that foe.

Not too strong, can be combined with Signet of Vamprism and other vamp like spells/traits without being too OP.

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i’m not sure where new elites would see play,
for power necros Lich form is GODLY, pewpewpew deathmachine.
for condi necros Plague is great, aoe condi spam!
for everyone else fleshgolem gives nice additional damage and CC (and also godly gate/treb killing with charge)

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Elite Spectral:
10s Stability
Breaks Stun

60-90s CD

I like the idea, though 10% lf per second is probably too strong.

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raykon.7908

Raykon.7908

instantly resurrect nearby dead (dead dead) allies. 240 sec cool down.
i think this skill will give necro an edge in pve, being the only profession to save a full wipe. but probably not gonna work in pvp.

It’s an interesting start, but like you said it probably wouldn’t work well in pvp due to how powerful it would be. I’m thinking with a bit of revamping it could be a nice base to start from, for example: what if instead of just reviving them, it reanimated them as “undead” and gave each reanimated player a new skillbar of undead skills.. I’m talking player controller minions here instead of AI.

Perhaps my idea is too complicated for a single skill. If i was to simplify it, it would basically be like a mass moa morph that only works on dead allies.

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salthazar.8651

Salthazar.8651

Elite Signet: Signet of The Dark
Cool down: 90 Seconds
Passive: Apply blind to foes in a 360 radius per 5 second interval for 1 second
Active: Apply chill, blind and Immobilize for 10 seconds to foes in 480 radius
This one sounds pretty good to me and hopefully it’s not too op.

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Aoe passive blind is a little crazy even if it’s only a second, couple with our other blinding skills and blasting dark fields… that’s a ton of blinding.

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Aoe passive blind is a little crazy even if it’s only a second, couple with our other blinding skills and blasting dark fields… that’s a ton of blinding.

Except we actually have really limited blinds. Plague is an elite, Well of Darkness is the only actually accessible blind, and the rest are far harder to use as actual blinds.

My PvP Minion Build

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

But still a passive aoe blind? Cmon.

New elites brainstorm

in Necromancer