Nice fix for Spiteful Talisman... not!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Reaper’s Touch still retains it 18 seconds cooldown.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

That wasn’t what they fixed ;p. They never claimed to fix reapers touch being broken. They fixed the fact that the buff they gave to Spinal Shivers didn’t work when you took Spiteful Talisman.

in Necromancer

Oglaf.1074

So? The fact remains that they still left the Trait broken. Half kitten

Do you even lift, bro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Arghh. It seems pretty inane to fix a trait only partially.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Oglaf.1074

That’s exactly my point. The loss of Boon damage wasn’t my biggest issue with it to begin with because the damage bonus wasn’t that great anyway. The extra Healing/Vulnerability from a short cooldown on Reaper’s Touch, however…

Do you even lift, bro?

in Necromancer

TheAgedGnome.7520

That’s exactly my point. The loss of Boon damage wasn’t my biggest issue with it to begin with because the damage bonus wasn’t that great anyway. The extra Healing/Vulnerability from a short cooldown on Reaper’s Touch, however…

Agreed. It strikes me as likely intentional, as if they were concerned we could vuln/regen too much. Doesn’t make sense to me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

They fixed the part of the trait that actively handicapped you for taking the trait.

I would have liked it if they fixed the whole thing, but hey, progress.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vex.7486

Vex.7486

What the hell were you thinking Anet? Why even touch touch a trait without fixing it completely? Reapers touch is still not affected at all, either state your intentions about it or fix it already kitten

You also messed up the sound on reaper’s touch, it’s almost like your saying
“we messed around with it, couldn’t be bothered, also we left you a nice tinny sound just so you know we’ve been here”.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

To be honest it is absolutely senseless to fix only part of a non-functioning trait.
I mean, come on, when you fix something, at least have the common decency to do it all the way through, not some kitten lazy “oh well, let’s do the rest tomorrow” sorta thing. Except now we’ll have to wait another month before we see the trait fully functional, maybe!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I dont even care about the range on #4, its best used close up for a bounce anyway, but cool down reduction would be nice.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Midestino.5497

Midestino.5497

You also messed up the sound on reaper’s touch, it’s almost like your saying “we messed around with it, couldn’t be bothered, also we left you a nice tinny sound just so you know we’ve been here”.

^ LOL

I could picture the people that be (<———-without going into specifics) sitting at their desks and going, “Uhhh hyuuuuk. Swell patch guys! Good work! High fives all around…including you Bob!”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

That wasn’t what they fixed ;p. They never claimed to fix reapers touch being broken. They fixed the fact that the buff they gave to Spinal Shivers didn’t work when you took Spiteful Talisman.

I think you maxed out your fanboyism with this post coming to the defence of a broken trait that only got half fixed. Give your head a shake would ya?

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

I think you maxed out your fanboyism with this post coming to the defence of a broken trait that only got half fixed. Give your head a shake would ya?

Take a look at my sentence again. Notice the tongue in cheek smilies. There you go! Now we learned sarcasm on the internet. Good Boy!

in Necromancer

Oglaf.1074

Take a look at my sentence again. Notice the tongue in cheek smilies. There you go! Now we learned sarcasm on the internet. Good Boy!

That was a very, very bad use of sarcasm, mate.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Yeah your under the bus on this one Bas…. it was a gross oversight to bother going in and looking at that specific trait, fixing one broken part, and leaving the other broken part alone. Especially a cooldown fix no less. Just lazy. I can tell you if a mesmer trait had that going on it would be hotfixed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

You would rather they not fix anything until they can fix everything? It is completely a point of personal preference, (no one can really be right or wrong in this), but I will take a small fix over nothing.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Oglaf.1074

You would rather they not fix anything until they can fix everything? It is completely a point of personal preference, (no one can really be right or wrong in this), but I will take a small fix over nothing.

The trait is still broken. I will not use a broken trait even if it is slightly less broken than before.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Yeah your under the bus on this one Bas…. it was a gross oversight to bother going in and looking at that specific trait, fixing one broken part, and leaving the other broken part alone. Especially a cooldown fix no less. Just lazy. I can tell you if a mesmer trait had that going on it would be hotfixed.

I don’t disagree it was completely ridiculous that they didn’t fix it. I was just pointing out that they never claimed to do it, and being sarcastic or was I being sardonic. Either way, my point was to mock the fact that they didn’t improve the entire trait and then just avoided stating it all together.

In the future I will refrain from smilies since they only seem to confuse people.

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

The trait is still broken. I will not use a broken trait even if it is slightly less broken than before.

I don’t use it anymore. I like the 1200 range, but the fact that the CD doesn’t actually work makes it almost pointless since I would only use Focus 4 when up closer anyways for the regen.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I don’t use it anymore. I like the 1200 range, but the fact that the CD doesn’t actually work makes it almost pointless since I would only use Focus 4 when up closer anyways for the regen.

I would have taken the Cooldown fix over anything else, because that is what I use it for… PVE. Cooldown is all I would want… at 1200 range it doesn’t bounce and is a waste to use then. Oh well… better than nothing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I didn’t say that the trait isn’t still broken or that you should use it, just that it is my opinion that making a small fix is better than not fixing it at all.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: wiazabi.2549

wiazabi.2549

focus 4 doesnt get 1200 range from the trait if you try it it just says “out of range” but yeah no point really using it at range where it doesnt bounce so meh cd is important.

in Necromancer

TheAgedGnome.7520

Two points:
1) It strikes me as inane and bizarre that the coders could fix one aspect of the trait and not the other; particularly since CD reduction has got to be a pretty standard and simple code change (if it requires coding at all and not just a checkbox and a value change).
2) Since I am interested in PVE, my personal preference is for fixing focus4 over fixing focus5 since boon removal on mobs is not a big part of PVE.

So, while in the grand scheme a small change may be better than none, I reserve the right to vent over them not fixing what I want fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

Yes I would, I would rather they fix the whole trait instead of only partially. Why? Because only half fixing the trait really gives the impression they are lazy, or just don’t give a fork.
Honestly, I’m with Bas and Bhawb a great deal along the way, when they’re defending the class, and I don’t usually complain, I try to think of ways around the issues.
But this one just grinds me, it’s just not right to only half-fix a trait. As one guy mentioned, Anet team clapping giving high-fives “nice work team… and Bob”.

in Necromancer

Posted by: incantator.9381

incantator.9381

This is not the first half-fix. The fix a while ago to Greater Marks increased the Chilblains cursor to the 240 radius but not any of the other mark cursors.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I’m taking spiteful talisman now. I burns me but the extra range on spinal shivers is too valuable, and now at least it does the extra damage for boon ripping so its not actually gimping me for taking it.

But I curse every time I notice #4 not in range at the same time and its cooldown timer as long as #5 now.

Arenanet why do you do this to me!?

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry