No more Nemesis guides

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

As some of you might know, account of Nemesis, avid player well known for extensively Necormancer guides on Youtube, was hacked while back and wiped clean. More of that story via the link. Fingers crossed he gets his characters back.

http://youtu.be/yFVKHKnDkak

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

It’s sad that his account got hacked and I hope he will get his characters back, but I think it will take quite a while.

source:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Account-Roll-Back-Takes-To-Long/first#post3980725

EverythingOP

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Posted by: Misato Jurai.8625

Misato Jurai.8625

I look to his guides for help with the class, and was awaiting his thoughts on the new patch. Discovered a short while ago why they weren’t appearing. I’m sure he’s severely bummed out; I certainly am. I hope anet doesn’t take so long he throws in the towel and moves on to some other game.

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

This needs to be sorted .. as a community, we should petition Arenanet to roll back his account so he gets his characters back.

Nemesis and the other Theorycrafters have been an inspiration to me as a Necromancer!

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Misato Jurai.8625

Don’t. I tried it, got a “naughty” from the moderator.

Well… don’t try it in the forum, anyway. If you have beer with anyone at anet, maybe you can mention it. Other than that, I dunno if anything can be done at our end. Maybe send supportive mail to Nemesis in game or youtube, in hopes he cheers up a little bit?

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Publicly appealing wont help anyone. You will more likely cause more problems. Just leave it to him to sort out. Im sure they will give him a rollback. He just needs to be patient and ask politely. Everyone is entitled to one rollback.

Anyway I may have had my differences with nemesis. And I certainly didnt appreciate the video he made about about the meta where he publicly made me a target. But I wouldnt wish this kind of thing to happen to anyone. So I hope he gets things sorted soon.

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Misato Jurai.8625

It sounds like they’ve yet to figure out their security vulnerability, and are being swamped in cries for help from victimized players. Like all organizations, trying to conceal the magnitude of the problem, too. I just hope they sort it in time, before he gives up. Probably also sticking to a strict first in, first out policy, which is fair, technically speaking, if not necessarily a good idea in the larger sense, with regard to such a high profile booster of the game.

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

His email was hacked. Thats not anets problem and has nothing to do with any vulnerability they may or may not have.

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Misato Jurai.8625

That’s why his anet was hard to restore, but an email attacker doesn’t typically have any particular interest in one particular game. I’d be willing to bet a GW1 peppermint cane they got his GW2 first, then email, rather than the other way around. If he was using yahoo, they have a bad track record with compromises, and I bet whatever hole exists there can be used on any addy a bad guy gets from a gw2 login. From other posts, it sounds as if lots of ppl are getting hit in gw2. Only the bad guy knows for sure, but that’s my guess: gw2 first, email after. (Looking at my own confirmation message from activating gw2, its pw wasn’t in the email message.)

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

It’s sad that his account got hacked and I hope he will get his characters back, but I think it will take quite a while.

source:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Account-Roll-Back-Takes-To-Long/first#post3980725

Hope he’s not another victim of Pvpbank.net. Always feels a bit horrible to report those.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

You do realise that hackers dont specify who they hack. His standing in the community is just a coincidence.

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Posted by: klep.4165

klep.4165

Yes, if you’ve ever been hacked, you tend to take it personally. But usually to the hacker you are just a nameless victem. I’m sure he will get it sorted out.

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Posted by: Moonjelly.3742

Moonjelly.3742

It’s a shame that this guy got hacked, hopefully he will get his account all sorted out.

As he is someone who obvious plays MMO’s on a very regular basis though, I find it an odd attitude to take when he got that warning from Yahoo that someone in China was trying to access his email that he just thought ‘meh who cares’. This should worry anyone greatly, especially if your game addresses are attached to that specific email.

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

PSA: any warning about hacking, especially from China/Eastern Europe, should be taken seriously. That tends to be the center of things like this, and its how gold sellers get a lot of their gold. This is why its important to try to keep as many separations as possible between defensive measures (main email should have its own different password, keep game emails on a secondary email).

I hope he can get it resolved, his position should make it fairly easy to prove who he is and hopefully they can get a rollback. Maybe not quickly, but they can do it.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

Thankfully all ended well. Nemesis got hiss characters restored and in upcoming days we might see new guides.

http://youtu.be/ARzm3JMVgL0

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Misato Jurai.8625

He got restored, yay!!

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Get wells soon.

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Good that he got his characters back, but i hope he won´t do more guides.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Thankfully all ended well. Nemesis got hiss characters restored and in upcoming days we might see new guides.

Good for him!

I assume they stole all his gold and salvaged all his armours… We should maybe drop him a few gold each to help him kit his characters back up!

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Good for him!

I assume they stole all his gold and salvaged all his armours… We should maybe drop him a few gold each to help him kit his characters back up!

Dont make me sick please. He got his account rolled back, that means he hasnt lost anything other than a few days of playtime.

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I look to his guides for help with the class, and was awaiting his thoughts on the new patch. Discovered a short while ago why they weren’t appearing. I’m sure he’s severely bummed out; I certainly am. I hope anet doesn’t take so long he throws in the towel and moves on to some other game.

if we’re thinking the same nemesis, he’s on eso already.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

Nem is back. to my knowledge he is updating his build with video guides and a video going over the patch and then going on to eso i believe. his acc was rolled back to april 19th. so he only lost about half a month of progress t whatever he did.

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

No more Nemesis guides

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Dont make me sick please. He got his account rolled back, that means he hasnt lost anything other than a few days of playtime.

Do you often have proiblems with nausea? I hadn’t watched the 2nd video when I posted that.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.