October 15th Patch - Necromancer Edition

in Necromancer

Posted by: Godless.1857

Godless.1857

Necromancer

• Life force meter improvements:
    • The meter has been resized in order to properly display the entire bar. Previously, about 10% of the bar was hidden.
    • The current life force value is now displayed on the bar.
    • The current and max life force is now displayed on the tooltip.
  • Spectral Armor: Increased the duration from 8 seconds to 9 seconds when traited with Spectral Attunement to match the intended duration increase. Added a duration skill fact.
  • Lingering Curse: This trait will no longer increase the duration of blind on the Deathly Swarm skill.
  • Target the Weak: This trait will now properly increase damage when the target has the torment condition.
  • Mark of Revival: Increased the base radius of the Reaper’s Mark created by this trait to 180 to be consistent with other marks.
  • Mark of Evasion: Increased the base radius of the Mark of Blood created by this trait to 180 to be consistent with other marks.
  • Spinal Shivers: Added a damage fact for each damage value based on the boons the target currently has on them.
  • Locust Swarm: Increased the base cripple duration to 2 seconds.
  • Spectral Grasp: This skill now grants bonus life force when traited with Spectral Attunement.
  • Tainted Shackles: This skill now uses radius instead of range.
  • Banshee’s Wail: Normalized this trait to increase the effectiveness of warhorn skills by 50%.
  • Vampiric Precision: The life siphon now correctly scales with the Bloodthirst trait. The damage portion of the life siphon from this trait now scales slightly based on power. The healing portion of the life siphon from this trait now scales slightly based on healing power.
  • Vampiric Rituals: The damage portion of the life siphon from this trait now scales slightly based on power. The healing portion of the life siphon from this trait now scales slightly based on healing power.
  • Vampiric Master: This trait will now cause minions to properly deal damage when siphoning life. The damage portion of the life siphon from this trait now scales slightly based on power. With the new damage addition, base siphoning from this trait’s minions has been reduced by 16%.
  • Unyielding Blast: Fixed an issue so that this trait will now properly apply vulnerability when using Life Blast underwater.
  • Vampiric, Vampiric Precision, Vampiric Rituals, and other life siphon skills: Increased the base siphoning by 20%.
  • Bloodthirst: This trait now grants 20% bonus siphoning, down from 50% more effectiveness (which results in no change when combined with the change to other siphoning traits).
  • Deathly Invigoration: The base heal from this trait has been increased by 100%.
  • Transfusion: This trait now scales with healing power at a rate of 20%, where it didn’t previously scale.
  • Well of Power: Fixed an issue so that this skill will properly convert burning, chilled, confusion, immobilize, and torment on allies.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

No surprise so far…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arianna.7642

Arianna.7642

Revamped: Their little tooltip “fix” screwed all tooltips up. Do not go by any of them.

(edited by Arianna.7642)

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

cant log into GW2 atm, so here a few questions:
-the pathetic scaling of deathly invigoration is still pathetic? or was that increased aswell?
-is the transfusion scaling 20% for the entire heal or 20% per pulse?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheycallmeCoconutJones.7052

TheycallmeCoconutJones.7052

i like how they didn’t do anything to the death magic minor traits

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Can anyone comment on scaling numbers for siphons?

in Necromancer

Arianna.7642

Can anyone comment on scaling numbers for siphons?

They appear nearly identical to prior. Buffed without Bloodthirst, absolutely no change with it. The only exception is Vampiric Master, which had its healing reduced.

You -might- be able to get higher than previous with a ridiculous amount of Healing Power, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

1173 Healing Power with Bloodthirst is netting a 45 heal on Vampiric hits.

(edited by Arianna.7642)

in Necromancer

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

bloodthirst is either:

a.) broken

b.) they think we are dumb enough that they can announce siphon changes, raise it in one aspect while lowering it in others resulting in the same or lower overall healing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: shenhua.2186

shenhua.2186

They seem to have forgotten to increase the siphon on Dagger #2. Heals for about 300 with bloodthirst compared to 340:ish previously.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

bloodthirst is either:

a.) broken

b.) they think we are dumb enough that they can announce siphon changes, raise it in one aspect while lowering it in others resulting in the same or lower overall healing.

So this makes me rather sad… I was really hoping that traiting for, and pumping Healing power would finally show returns for these skills…. and all it really seems like they did was make the basic siphon skills better without bloodthirst…. Scaling still awful?

in Necromancer

Arianna.7642

So this makes me rather sad… I was really hoping that traiting for, and pumping Healing power would finally show returns for these skills…. and all it really seems like they did was make the basic siphon skills better without bloodthirst…. Scaling still awful?

Gut feeling tells me that they were attempting to make siphoning “viable” without having Bloodthirst be an absolute necessity. First impression makes it appear as they though missed the mark by a rather large margin, once again. Good thing nothing was expected.

Imho, they probably feel that siphoning is “fine”, and wanted to “open up build diversity”, so they hacked Bloodthirst and gave most of the Trait baseline. What they should have done was buffed the siphons to where they’re at now, kept Bloodthirst the same value, and added scaling onto that Trait. Oh hey congrats Arenanet, you now have a specialized role that offers a siphon playstyle.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spanny.9256

Spanny.9256

im sorry but did nobody else notice that the siphon damage for minions gets increased (75 => 90) and the siphon heal gets DECREASED (70 => 63) WITH the bloodthirst trait on?
the life siphon damage and heal for the minor vampiric trait BOTH get increased with the bloodthirst trait, this can’t be right, really disappointing.

plus the fear duration for skills shows that its not affected whatsoever by the master of terror major trait. i mean come on i was really looking forward to the tooltips and how i could get a bottomline duration for conditions and such.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spanny.9256

Spanny.9256

and just to be clear isnt the bloodthirst trait supposed to increase the heal and damage of siphoning skills by 20%? or is it just the heal by 20%?

plus im just doin some basic calculations and it doesnt look like the siphoning/pulse heal from dagger 2 is getting a full 20%boost, roughly 18% and lower for other siphoning skills like minions. am i not taking something into account, like healing?(but idk how healing could lower the siphon boost to under 20% anyways)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

Yep, not exactly impressed at all atm and a little let down to be honest was looking for a better revamp of the blood trait lines but all we got we’re slightly minion improvements that are not even that noticeable and won’t make me want to switch from my current setup, so boring.

in Necromancer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Minion Master seems to have received a buff, Though we may want to run clerics gear now… not sure how i feel about that. Guess i have like 700k karma i cant use so might as well re-gear lol

Honestly the only this I want to see done to the necromancer is to have our minions buffed so they take less AoE damage; I feel like the increase to minion HP will not do enough to make them viable in dungeons.

in Necromancer

Posted by: shizo.5698

shizo.5698

They changed “Quickening Thirst”: now it depends how many daggers you wear.

in Necromancer

kailin.4905

I’m starting to get the impression this whole revamp was a big ruse. I really just cant fathom how they could invest weeks of testing and equations into the blood traits just to have them give the exact same amount of healing as before. Then have the nerve to try to sell it as if they were actually going to attempt to make them viable. The whole thing feels like a shell game or typical Anet wordplay to justify there ineptitude. Still, I hope i’m wrong and its just bugged atm

(edited by kailin.4905)

in Necromancer

Posted by: wiazabi.2549

wiazabi.2549

They really really dont like this class and lol at the pathetic effort they put into it, hey lets rise this value a TINY bit and lower that value a TINY bit to compensate…….pheww work day over.

Cmon anet really?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

From my initial testing, Vampiric master is a nerf for MM builds. Pre-patch I would see around about 114 inc heal from a minion. Now I’m seeing 86 pre minion, I changed to a Clerics Amulet, took my healing upto about 1360 and it didn’t change so it looks like it is NOT changing with Healing Power? Also life siphon doesn’t seem to scale well at all either. Another thing I’ve noticed, minions are LESS responsive post patch, they seem to sit there for upto 10 seconds before attacking my target.

The more I look into this, either stuff is just broken (they got the scaling completely wrong) or it’s an ill-thought out “buff” that is ACTUALLY a nerf. This is in sPvP/tPvP btw.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

(edited by Loco.4561)

in Necromancer

tattoohead.3217

I’m starting to get the impression this whole revamp was a big ruse. I really just cant fathom how they could invest weeks of testing and equations into the blood traits just to have them give the exact same amount of healing as before. Then have the nerve to try to sell it as if they were actually going to attempt to make them viable. The whole thing feels like a shell game or typical Anet wordplay to justify there ineptitude. Still, I hope i’m wrong and its just bugged atm

The idea is to base life steal on Healing Power, you should see little to no change with general power or condition gear but if you equip clerics or something now you can buff your life steal…. its actually kind of cool. (and they way it should have always been)

in Necromancer

tattoohead.3217

From my initial testing, Vampiric master is a nerf for MM builds. Pre-patch I would see around about 114 inc heal from a minion. Now I’m seeing 86 pre minion, I changed to a Clerics Amulet, took my healing upto about 1360 and it didn’t change so it looks like it is NOT changing with Healing Power? Also life siphon doesn’t seem to scale well at all either. Another thing I’ve noticed, minions are LESS responsive post patch, they seem to sit there for upto 10 seconds before attacking my target.

The more I look into this, either stuff is just broken (they got the scaling completely wrong) or it’s an ill-thought out “buff” that is ACTUALLY a nerf. This is in sPvP/tPvP btw.

The buff here is that it now does extra damage… they nerfed the healing to compensate for added DPS, not that i think thats cool just what happened

in Necromancer

Brighteluden.2974

The idea is to base life steal on Healing Power, you should see little to no change with general power or condition gear but if you equip clerics or something now you can buff your life steal…. its actually kind of cool. (and they way it should have always been)

Sadly, people have already tested clerics gear with healing power and there isn’t exactly a noticeable difference in the amount of health you gain back as the scaling still sucks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

To be honest this patch I was just hoping they never broke anything that I used in my build. They have provided a buff to minions in PVE which may or may not help as ive not had a chance to test them yet.

But if you look around all the other class forums the general consensus is of disappointment at the patch. Unless your a Warrior and the general consensus is of surprise that they had their shouts buff’d as they weren’t that bad in the first place. Overall they never broke anything that I used so I will take that as a bonus and for everything else, as usual we will have to work around it.

I have learned to deal with the fact that their isnt going to be any miracle patch incoming so if your still not happy with Necro then don’t expect any miracle soon. For me im happy as I dislike playing the other classes and its the one class that provides me the most joy.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

in Necromancer

Brighteluden.2974

The buff here is that it now does extra damage… they nerfed the healing to compensate for added DPS, not that i think thats cool just what happened

they honestly should have just added the Dps portion to more healing since as of right now not many will still want to use the blood trait lines with their bad scaling and very low damage.

in Necromancer

kailin.4905

Sadly, people have already tested clerics gear with healing power and there isn’t exactly a noticeable difference in the amount of health you gain back as the scaling still sucks.

Just did some testing myself with carrion vs cleric gear. The difference between 300 + healing and 1300 + healing is about 4-6 hp per hit or crit. Exact same as it was before. Also seems to cap at 6 but with scaling so badly its hard to tell. I do not get why they would have even mentioned this change let alone hyped it as a revamp if there was literally zero change to the amount of healing received.

(edited by kailin.4905)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Terribly insulting really. BUT

I’m guessing here’s what they were thinking:
15 points blood magic got a boost, IF not using it with other traits. Your suppose to use it with transfusion (heal others) and heal when exiting DS. (Still way behind rolling on a guard in size & how often it can be used). Minion’s heal you copped a nurf, but your suppose to use it with bezerkers to get more damage out your minions.

It was too hard to copy & paste code from our spectral nurf’s that only allow x% per second, over to minions. So a band aid of ‘more base life will do’. No this won’t stop them from dieing thru standing in fire, or AoE, or the many 1shot mechanics.
Only way they got time for code like that, is if it’s nurfing necro to not cope vs AoE/big bursts of damage.

in Necromancer

kailin.4905

I was thinking the same thing as I just tried 15 in blood magic with no other +healing and still had 41/hit on bloodthirst and I think 47 on vampiric. Still why even have a trait line if your not going to let it scale hardly at all? I have a huge problem with the idea that some puppetmaster is sitting behind the scenes deciding that no matter how much of certain stats you have it will have near zero effect based on the skill or the class you are playing.

in Necromancer

Arianna.7642

Stop. Looking. At. Tooltips. They are incorrect. They are misleading. They are, somehow, worse than they were before. Sadly.

Vampiric Master does not scale with stats, nor does Blood Fiend. Tooltips say they do. Dagger #2’s Siphon is completely out of whack and does not correspond with in-game numbers in the slightest. Bloodthirst screws with a few tooltips, but the in-game numbers appear to be working correctly.

For now, test kitten. Don’t go off of tooltips. Just because it says something, doesn’t mean that’s what it is, or what it does.

in Necromancer

kailin.4905

That is through testing on the class npc mobs in the mists. Also as far as the siphoning is concerned so far the tool tips are dead on with what the actually heals are….they are just bad! Oh also it looks like bloodthirst on hit proc is only giving the heal every 3rd autoattack with scepter at least. Still tooltips are broke in most other areas. Specifically I have noticed fear duration ect dont work at all.

in Necromancer

tattoohead.3217

Well overall the “Idea” of the patch is ok. Make healing power effect life steal and buff minions. Im still hoping they hotfix the blood trait line because the patch notes clearly read as a buff to life steal in general.

in Necromancer

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Meh, excluding the bonus HP on minions (implying is working as intended) which is not exclusive for Necromancers, everything is just meh.

I mean, really?

Improving siphoning traits while nerfing siphoning traits to make siphoning traits to work exactly like they did before the patch?

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

For your viewing pleasure…. I did the testing… and just so we don’t have only anecdotal evidence floating around.

And honestly, if the idea was to introduce diversity, WHY would you not improve the scaling??? Would it really be bad to give necros a reason to not use rabid/dire gear?

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: LordRahl.5394

LordRahl.5394

Improving siphoning traits while nerfing siphoning traits to make siphoning traits to work exactly like they did before the patch?

This sums up the majority of the thoughts of most of what I’ve seen since the patch notes and the necros that have tested this so far. It’s NOT an improvement if you compensate for the improvement by nerfing the improvement from another direction…

Advice to Anet in the future please is please do not hype a change and use the term improvements if it’s not an actual improvement upon what was done before (speaking about the vampiric stuff specifically here and not the DS changes). I don’t see it as an improvement to nerfing a trait into uselessness (Increase siphoning by 20% down from 50?? Seriously?? It was already nearly useless because of such low siphoning numbers from the beginning.)

From what I’ve seen as well, the healing power/power scaling we’re supposed to get is basically non-existant even when going from no healing to full 1300+ healing. I HOPE to high heaven that what I read isn’t really true, because the figures I saw so far was gaining 4-6 hps extra on vampiric for literally 1000 healing power??? I’m sorry Anet, I know you want constructive criticism instead of people going U SUCK, I QUIT but I’m having a VERY hard time right now not having at least a little nerd rage coming through for such a lackluster scaling. Why even bother at that point?

I mean having a low baseline life siphon without healing gear can be acceptable to a degree if you don’t gear around it, but if our baseline vampiric for example is only around 30-35 which it is now after patch for vampiric, than going from 300 healing to 1300 healing should at the VERY least double that baseline to around 70-100 if we forego so many other stats for the idea of full healing gear.

If you’re so worried about people lifestealing too much health using super fast weapons, why not limit the lifestealing to not activate more than once per second? That way you can balance it and set the numbers higher. Necros using non staves will still siphon more health and faster than a staff necro because staff is still far slower than 1 attack per second, but at least then you can up the siphon damage/healing to something that’s actually useful.

I don’t think any of us are asking that each vampiric hit/precision heals us 10% of our base health every time, but I don’t think it would be too much to ask for vampiric or vampiric precision to see around 0.25-0.5% of our baseline health coming back each hit/crit. As it stands right now going full bloodthirst with clerics gear and 1300+ healing power it’s looking like we’re sitting at around 45 – 50 health returned per hit with vampiric from the testing I’ve seen people have done so far. Take 50/20,000 and that’s 0.0025% so that means each hit we get back approximately 1/4 of 1% of our health and that’s without any vitality gear on, so you would have to hit 4 times with your weapon to get back 1% health. If you’re in vitality gear and are over 30,000 health then each hit you would get back 0.0016% per hit and need 6-7 attacks to get 1% of your health back.

(edited by LordRahl.5394)

in Necromancer

Posted by: LordRahl.5394

LordRahl.5394

For your viewing pleasure…. I did the testing… and just so we don’t have only anecdotal evidence floating around.

And honestly, if the idea was to introduce diversity, WHY would you not improve the scaling??? Would it really be bad to give necros a reason to not use rabid/dire gear?

That just proves my previous post’s point even further. Thanks for the actual nicely spreadsheet made numbers!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

I don’t understand why anet keeps these balance changes secret until the day of the patch. LS I get, they want to keep the story a surprise, but I don’t see a reason to not announce changes maybe a week or a few days ahead of time.

Their attempt at transparency in the pvp forums was a joke. All they said was that blood magic was getting “some buffs”. That tells me nothing, it’s literally non-information, I have no way to judge if the change will be enough, too much, implimented in the wrong way… The dev was pressed for more specifics, and all he would say is “trust us”. He didn’t seem to get why we would be suspect of vague promises of future buffs, after getting burned few months ago, so to speak.

I’ve said it before, but I really thing anet could benefit from a pvp PTR. It was brought up in the last SOTG, and the idea was dismissed because it took a month or so on live for people to figure out the power of warriors after they got buffed – so a PTR wouldn’t necessarily “catch everything”. All I could think with of with that statement was a writer going to a publisher with an un-edited manuscript, and when the publisher asked if he would have his paper edited, he would say, “No, I had some editors once but a few spelling mistakes slipped through, so I think it’s pointless.”

At least it’s not an unintentional nerf. And for the sake of being reasonable I’m going to assume that the discrepancy between the hype and the actual numbers is a lack of understanding on anet’s part,and not some attempt to decieve. And I think that’s probably true – in the months I’ve been playing my necro and watching the balance changes, it really seems like the balance team doesn’t have a clear understanding of the necromancer class. I’m glad this change wasn’t as disastrous as the last one, but it’s still is a blunder in my mind.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

(edited by rfdarko.4639)

in Necromancer

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Well my own test conclusions,vampiric is still crap as it was.
No notable change that would shake the foundations of the food chain as far that.
Life transfer on the other hand……now the kitten thing heals for a total of 5800+ might even reach 6k with proper food and a few healing stacks compared to our previous 2700.
Add deathly invigoration to that which actually did increase to 1k+.
As of now we are actually effective healers to my surprise.
It may not have been the improvement we would expect,but at least now i can use my cleric set and see many digit green numbers.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Thanks for the pretty graph Rennoko.5731 !!!

This patch isn’t to make a siphon build viable. It’s nicer to use a support or minions build now. Forget that 20%, grab transfusion instead and heal ya party or minions (and have them heal you back, with there bonus siphon damage working now)

Anyone found a way to get heal on DS exit to keep up with a guard dodge/roll? (So far seems longer CD with lots less heals)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

Necromancer

• Transfusion: This trait now scales with healing power at a rate of 20%, where it didn’t previously scale.

KITTEN YES!

I know everyone likes to jab on about power and condition builds, but this!
The trait saved lives in dungeons and bosses at a solid rate before, now its even better!

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Thanks for doing the testing! I have to echo the feeling that these changes are insulting, especially considering how long they’ve been hyping this change for and dropping hints that we’d be happy about them!

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

It looks like a.net just doesn’t intend for the necro to have viable vampiric traits – which of course is disappointing. In their current state those traits simply cannot pull their own weight. If they’re ever going to be viable, they need to be buffed to the point where they can compete with the alternative choices that other trait lines offer. It seems the community and a.net are simply on different pages here.

Personally I would enjoy the necro much more as a class if dhuumfire was dealt with and the vampiric traits scaled (much) better with healing power. Then you’d have a true attrition class, dealing moderate damage over time with a good amount of sustain. Instead it seems the playstyle we’re stuck with is simple, dumbed down condiburst.

in Necromancer

Posted by: jakalofnaar.1702

jakalofnaar.1702

This patch sucked for just about all classes – except warrior. So basically they wanted support roles to be more viable, so they improved our party healing with Transfusion? No offense to those that use it, and speaking from a purely PvE point of view her, but that’s a pretty useless trait in a dungeon group.

As far as a support role goes, we’re pretty much right where we were pre-patch….standing outside the dungeon looking for a group who’s desperate enough to take us.

Rather than “class-balance” they need to do power/control/support balance as a whole, because in PvE, power scales like a mofo, control is an afterthought (and usually comes from minor traits, or utilities from DPSers), and support can come from a single party member – and that’s only if you really need it…

I really wish they’d just slow down a bit on their LS updates so they can put more devs onto actually fixing these areas of the game.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

The Vampiric trait changes were actually to make them more powerful when you don’t trait for Bloodthirst or when you use minions. If you’re traited they’re the same as before. My necro runs power/precision/toughness and siphons. I use it in WvW and it lets me tank zergs of 20 or more when all the wells are pulsing alongside warhorn 5 and plague form or life transfer.

The exact build I use is one of my top secrets.

Little red Lioka

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

The Vampiric trait changes were actually to make them more powerful when you don’t trait for Bloodthirst or when you use minions. If you’re traited they’re the same as before. My necro runs power/precision/toughness and siphons. I use it in WvW and it lets me tank zergs of 20 or more when all the wells are pulsing alongside warhorn 5 and plague form or life transfer.

The exact build I use is one of my top secrets.

Any necro can tank a zerg of 20 in plauge form…. that has nothing to do with siphon, but everything to do with the huge vitality and toughness increase. And I would imagine you are pretty tanky for the 5 seconds the wells are up and siphoning off people. Once that goes down though….

Never mind that ignore pain, shatter 4, any other immunity does the exact same thing without having to invest your gear/traits/weapons around building for siphoning.

Siphon being around the same as before the patch is not improving it, it is leaving it the same, which was at best niche and underwhelming.

That being said, both transfusion and invigoration are very nice now, and in a 5 man group are great additions to a hybrid build. If Deathly Invig was a tier 1 trait, I would take it for sure.

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

the +20% siphoning trait is pretty useless now. transfusion is better taken in every single instance, even solo play (heals you if you start channeling it right before running out of life force). I think they should have either just left the +50% siphoning alone, or replaced the trait entirely.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kitedyou.1720

Kitedyou.1720

This “enhancement” to the Blood line is absolutely ridiculous!

The scaling is garbage and hasn’t made the Blood line any more viable, and the fact that you nerf the hel1 out of Bloodthirst is beyond ANYONE’s comprehension!

ANet = ANother Epic Tragedy

Sea of Sorrows
Tjegra: 80 Norn Necromancer
Mefitic: OTW to 80 Asura Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Just ignore the blood magic line, everyone else does, including ANet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

As a necro that supports by team healing, I am happy to announce that the healing from Transfusion and Deathly Invigoration are greatly improved. But given how rare healing necros are, I understand why most people are unhappy about this patch.

My necro was a full blood mage back in GW1. But in GW2 I gave up on the vampire aspect of the necromancer long time ago. The current way they set up vampiric is totally mindless. You just auto attack and you get health back. When it is this mindless and easy to use, it is doomed to be weak and useless.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

This patch sucked for just about all classes – except warrior. So basically they wanted support roles to be more viable, so they improved our party healing with Transfusion? No offense to those that use it, and speaking from a purely PvE point of view her, but that’s a pretty useless trait in a dungeon group.

As far as a support role goes, we’re pretty much right where we were pre-patch….standing outside the dungeon looking for a group who’s desperate enough to take us.

Rather than “class-balance” they need to do power/control/support balance as a whole, because in PvE, power scales like a mofo, control is an afterthought (and usually comes from minor traits, or utilities from DPSers), and support can come from a single party member – and that’s only if you really need it…

I really wish they’d just slow down a bit on their LS updates so they can put more devs onto actually fixing these areas of the game.

I have around 1400 healing power. Transfusing heals for about 4000 and Deathly Invigoration heals for about 900. It isn’t that bad.

The problem with level 48+ Fractal is that it is all one hit kill. Either our allies get one hit killed, or we ourselve gets one hit killed. No healing would help you. So in there it is all about Berserker.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

I have around 1400 healing power. Transfusing heals for about 4000 and Deathly Invigoration heals for about 900. It isn’t that bad.

The problem with level 48+ Fractal is that it is all one hit kill. Either our allies get one hit killed, or we ourselve gets one hit killed. No healing would help you. So in there it is all about Berserker.

Something is off there. Your transfusion should heal for quite a bit more. With 1200 healing power, I was seeing 537 per tick. Multiplied out across the 9 ticks, that should be 4800. With your higher healing power, you should see a more than 4000.

I agree the group healing aspect is nice, but in WvW, I need the healing almost exclusively more than anyone else, because I don’t have immunities and mobility….

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Yeah the Transfusion trait is pretty good now, I have to say! Pity we can’t heal ourselves with it. The most obvious use I can see for it is for a minionmancer to heal their minions, but unfortunately there’s far better traits for MMs to take in that same attribute line…

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.