PET UI. Passive pets/call back (PLEASE)!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vangy.7403

Vangy.7403

In this new content we need to have a control ui for our pets similar to ranger or even a bit more basic…at least to call back our pets and/or make them passive….. they tend to agroo everything and its really problematic on dungeons (raids?) and on events,speacialy on those with bosses that leech…. please make it happen asap!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Pets don’t aggro on their own

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Vangy.7403

They do if mobs see them,even if you are a lot farther and normaly would avoid fight. Also the problem is not if they aggro on their own, but to be able to tell them to come back. When the team want to avoid a mob group and you cannot lose them cause pet is all around them… On skeleton boss on mad king lab… Minions destroy the fight all the time because we cannot bring them back or destroy em… And now tha tgeyvdie so hard is even worse for that kind of scenarios.. At dungeons many times minions keep attacking to some invulnarable mob/turret and then patrol mobs sees them and destroy everything… Technologically is possible and all the games with minions/pets had some basic control over them.. At least a stay pasive, come back attack… In similar situations at least they can destroy them….(like totem recall in wow)!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Matt Stacey.7415

Matt Stacey.7415

Pets aggro when hit, and keep attacking unless you run far enough away. Mobs get aggroed when they see you and therefore try to hit you, and the fact that minionmancers often have a cloud of minions following means you have a much higher hitbox. So, the fact that you have a larger hitbox and minions mindlessly keep attacking even when their master has left means that it keeps one in combat longer than necessary.

in Necromancer

Vangy.7403

^exactly……
I think Anet is time to fix this issue…cause now the issue is bigger than ever….

PS: dont mention the moa of mesmer and engineer that destroy all of our minions without even triger their bomb cloud….

in Necromancer

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

They at least need an option to put them on passive, I’ve had mine just take off and attack things like misquotes.

in Necromancer

Vangy.7403

They don’t seem to care….

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

They don’t seem to care….

They said years ago only rangers would get controls.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Vangy.7403

I understand that for 3 years ago… things change though… at least give us a kill all button via f2 and possibly make them explode or feast their life (or lifeforce) like we could already do in gw1…. everyday i fall in new problems with pets.. apecially with the new shout that i can have dozens…….. fix!!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: LittleHorn.6728

LittleHorn.6728

Well there is a little trick you can do. If you are using the “Flesh of the Master” trait (I think most MM do), while not in combat just swap the trait for something else and poof all minions destroyed. Just put it back after. Kinda annoying to do, but it works.

in Necromancer

Vangy.7403

Hmm.. I did’nt knew about this…although still thats really annoying and a basic control or de-activate button should be there in order to work like it should. There are really no excuses that after 3 years they haven’t bother to fix this issue… but they work their kitten of to balance a 0.0001% avandage through the different proffesions/builds etc. They don’t even bother to answer to that issue…but also i blame other necromancers that say nothing about it,and instead they prefer to go a different build….

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

There are really no excuses that after 3 years they haven’t bother to fix this issue…

Because they don’t think its an issue that we don’t have UI. They also have no obligation to answer every single question aimed at them. I think something could be argued about fixing up the way their aggro works so that as long as YOU aren’t in combat, the minions won’t attack anything even if they are attacked, but we don’t need UI. Back in GW1 you were lucky if they even attacked what you wanted.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Vangy.7403

back in gw1 you could kill and feast off of your minions and problem was solved….

in Necromancer

Vangy.7403

yesterday I did NOT attack anything…mob did NOT see me…Nor seen my Minions and all of sudden my minions started by themselfs to attack the lich king skeleton at mad lab….. so… also the trick the other guy a few posts above that said to change a talent..works only out of combat..so its not really helpful enough….

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Id like the ability to at least sacrifise all minions while in combat.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Id like the ability to at least sacrifise all minions while in combat.

use transform tonic

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Thats an exploit!

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Thats an exploit!

Nope, transforms are meant to kill all minions remember? Its a feature™.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Vangy.7403

its a stupid exploit/feature…. that they cannot fix…lol

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

They’ve specifically said that PvE transforms are meant to kill all minions in order to prevent exploiting, so actually you’re anti-exploiting

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Vangy.7403

so basically to have a basic needed fuction of my class/spec i need to use an anti-exploiting cheap method of using a transform potion? (that actually it is an exploit of different nature) so…why only my class and not also rangers or engineers and their turrets?

in Necromancer

Vangy.7403

oh Btw that intended Trick with the transform potion does not work while in combat which make them more than half useless for what we need…

in Necromancer

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

They have since a ‘fix’ a couple months ago. I complained about it at the time.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Minion-fix-problem/first#post5433276

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akame.1073

Akame.1073

Sadly. Yes they do; but its rare, very rare ( happened twice or tree times since HOT) & about minions commands : they might have the policy to not give us any; it would be an immense improvement to the quality of life & might also change minion-mancer pvp game-play.

Memory lane : wow warlock- loved when i could banish target 1 ; seduce target 2 ; fear target 3 & attack target 4 … but different game different game mechanic i guess :P

in Necromancer

Vangy.7403

Sadly. Yes they do; but its rare, very rare ( happened twice or tree times since HOT) & about minions commands : they might have the policy to not give us any; it would be an immense improvement to the quality of life & might also change minion-mancer pvp game-play.

Memory lane : wow warlock- loved when i could banish target 1 ; seduce target 2 ; fear target 3 & attack target 4 … but different game different game mechanic i guess :P

Even if they do attack on their own or you accidentaly attacked something you should have the option to back off your attack…..

-and its not a principle when they already had the ability to manually explode all of your minions or feast of em ,already in the necromancer in gw1…. they are bored of write a few lines of code ..thats it…no more excuses…