Patch Notes - Necro - 3-26-13

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Necromancer
•Bone Fiend: This creature now properly fires two projectiles while underwater.
•Dark Path skill: Now unblockable.
•Epidemic skill: Now requires line of sight of the main target to spread conditions to nearby enemies.
•Spiteful Talisman trait: Properly grants bonus damage to Spinal Shivers for each boon removed.
•Staffs now correctly play the visual effects of necromancer staff skills at the tip of the staff rather than at the player’s hands.
•Life Siphon skill: Updated skill facts.
•Death Shroud skill: No longer uses a custom skill bar interface, thereby allowing players using Death Shroud to see buffs, health, and endurance. The screen and sound effects are unchanged.
•Necromancer trait: Now allows life-stealing on walls in World vs. World.

GENERAL:
•Fixed a bug that caused several pieces of gear to not apply their bonus boon or condition durations.
•Disabled the use of some consumable items in dungeons.
•Pets now benefit from their owner’s agony resistance. (not sure if this applies to minions)

(edited by Rennoko.5731)

in Necromancer

Posted by: prothorin.5849

prothorin.5849

Condition necro nerf

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Personal thoughts:

Epidemic was going to get hit eventually, as will all no LOS skills… It sucks hard… but it was going to happen sooner or later. Would be nice if the distance was a little more forgiving around 1200.

Dark path unblockable is…. okay…. I guess… since it will now go through aegis… but I don’t see that as a huge buff.

Spiteful sounds like it was half fixed… not sure about that one till I test it.

UI while in DS is very nice… a big change I have been waiting for… happy about that.

Unfortunately all in all it was a big hit to condition necros in WVW, where OBSTRUCTED is going to be our worst enemy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

Oh hey, they finally fixed our DS UI, that’s good.
Kind of confused as to why they added life steal to walls, but whatever, great over all.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Buffed up warriors banner skills really high too…. thats a nice change for them/groups.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Can someone post a video of the new DS interface and the new scythe effect on a weapon like gargoyle scythe/scythe skin, and the new life siphon updated tooltips. Thank you.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

(edited by Zogyark.4597)

in Necromancer

Posted by: station.6421

station.6421

-Dark Path: The problem wasn’t hitting blocking targets; the problem is skill actually landing on them… useless change until this gets addressed

-Epidemic – saw a nerf coming. I guess it could’ve been worse.

-Spiteful talisman: still no fix to the range/cd bug? really? Hasn’t this bug been here since release?

-death shroud: FINALLY

-Lifesteal on walls: i’m 99% sure that vampiric already hit walls…??

Another disappointing patch. Hopefully necro is up next for big patch changes….

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

that’s it? really?

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in Necromancer

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

The UI change for shroud... holy kitten. I’ve wanted that since I first played a necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

UI is pretty cool, other then that bleh.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Necromancer

Posted by: mrcrabcore.2781

mrcrabcore.2781

i wanted to see the scythe animation stay out when weapon is drawn happy about new UI tho

Glasidria – Asuran Necromancer – Commander ~
Officer Glas – Asuran Guardian ~ Gunnars Hold
Guild – Dark Reavers [DkR]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

only thing i was expecting was another axe buff. Surprised that didnt make it in.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MrHaze.3690

MrHaze.3690

“Necromancer trait: Now allows life-stealing on walls in World vs. World.”

This is either a typo and should read “no longer”, or they’re legitimizing me running around contesting a server’s entire section of EB by tagging walls with my dagger.

“•Death Shroud skill: No longer uses a custom skill bar interface, thereby allowing players using Death Shroud to see buffs, health, and endurance. The screen and sound effects are unchanged.”

THANK GOD.

Godhead Priest Endexa
Necromancer
Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]

(edited by MrHaze.3690)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shalla.3967

Shalla.3967

Can’t stress out enough how HAPPY I am about the Deathshroud change! FINALLY

Also excited about Dark Pact being unblockable. (And the quickness nerf). Not too worried about the Epidemic nerf, even though I use it a whole lot. I think it’s something we can easily adapt to.

I know it wasn’t much again, but the DS change totally got me by surprised. They sure made a lot of tweaks to engineers, huh?

Shalla
Asura Quagganmancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

-Dark Path: The problem wasn’t hitting blocking targets; the problem is skill actually landing on them… useless change until this gets addressed

-Epidemic – saw a nerf coming. I guess it could’ve been worse.

-Spiteful talisman: still no fix to the range/cd bug? really? Hasn’t this bug been here since release?

-death shroud: FINALLY

-Lifesteal on walls: i’m 99% sure that vampiric already hit walls…??

Another disappointing patch. Hopefully necro is up next for big patch changes….

Yeah the life steal on walls was already there for w hile but I think they removed it for a short time, I noticed on day it wasn’t working anymore. I think the reason they re-implemented it now is you could run around to a spot where no one is attacking and heal off a wall??/sarcasm idk lol its lost on me too.

• DS: YES! FINALLY!
  • Epidemic: yeah, the nerf was coming, and prob warranted, but now I’m worried all we’ll see is the LoS bug where it’s open ground and the blade of grass invokes a “obstructed!”
  • Spiteful talisman: idk, logging on now so haven’t seen what all they actually did to it.
  • Dark path: yeah a band-aide over a gaping wound basically. Take what we can get I suppose.
  • wasn’t one of the bone fiend bugs also that it never immobilizes anything underwater? I know I’ve never been able to get it to work even at point-blank. I suppose the projectile fix is a start, can’t complain there as I use minions underwater a whole lot more these days.
  • love how vague some of the notes are: “changed it so certain consumables can no longer be used in dungeons” ….. ok….???
http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

(edited by Nay of the Ether.8913)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Radon.2086

Radon.2086

Reading the patch notes I feel the necromancer profession is really being neglected as a class from a wvw point of view while mesmers, thieves will continue to reign along now with engineers. Ugh!

in Necromancer

Posted by: station.6421

station.6421

I know it wasn’t much again, but the DS change totally got me by surprised. They sure made a lot of tweaks to engineers, huh?

a dev stated that this patch will largely focus on engi changes. Since necro is the 2nd least played profession, one can hope that it’s up next for a big patch change.

in Necromancer

Posted by: prothorin.5849

prothorin.5849

Waiting for necro buff since the beginning of game start… and wait for next patch..and next patch…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

It mentions the boon part of the Spiteful Talisman, but nothing about the recharge! Anyone able to test if it properly gives you 20% faster recharge on 4?

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Engineers saw a huge buff, Warriors saw a nice buff, Mesmers a minor one, and we got our DS UI fix. The epidemic change really bugs me, but I could see it was going to happen since I could essentially cast it while running away or hiding.

I think we had our big fix last patch and this one was just designed to fix a few issues. Such as Spinal Shivers not working correctly (nice to have it back, though I reserve the right to complain about it if it’s not working again).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

dark parth and DS changes <3
awesome

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

Can someone post a video of the new DS interface and the new scythe effect on a weapon like gargoyle scythe/scythe skin, and the new life siphon updated tooltips. Thank you.
kitten dark path would’ve been better if it was instant rather than unblockable but oh well, so close..

I second this, or just if someone could upload a photo of the new DS UI, would be cool! I’m very anxious to see how it looks now!

in Necromancer

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Necromancer
•Bone Fiend: This creature now properly fires two projectiles while underwater.
•Dark Path skill: Now unblockable.
•Epidemic skill: Now requires line of sight of the main target to spread conditions to nearby enemies.
•Spiteful Talisman trait: Properly grants bonus damage to Spinal Shivers for each boon removed.
•Staffs now correctly play the visual effects of necromancer staff skills at the tip of the staff rather than at the player’s hands.
•Life Siphon skill: Updated skill facts.
•Death Shroud skill: No longer uses a custom skill bar interface, thereby allowing players using Death Shroud to see buffs, health, and endurance. The screen and sound effects are unchanged.

GENERAL:
•Fixed a bug that caused several pieces of gear to not apply their bonus boon or condition durations.
•Disabled the use of some consumable items in dungeons.
•Pets now benefit from their owner’s agony resistance. (not sure if this applies to minions)

•Bone Fiend: Does this thing actually attack???
•Dark Path: Good, an useless skill now less useless
•Epidemic: Do we have something called epidemic?
•Spiteful Talisman: So this thing is still bugged? Jeez, I was considering to use a focus along with this trait but well, maybe next year.
•Staffs: Good lord, now we are finally OP
•Life Siphon skill: Fact.- 9 or 10 male human necros have long white hair… wait what?
•Death Shroud skill: I’m the only one around here who never have a problem with the DS UI?
•Necromancer trait: Necromancer trait? What’s that?

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I love how they added that they fixed the Spiteful Talisman trait removing the damage per Boon removed on 5, yet they did not mention the fact that the trait does not reduce the cooldown properly on 4.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it still doesn’t; they only partially fixed Spiteful Talisman!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Really disappointed that corrupt boon wasn’t addressed. Hopefully it got one of the hidden fixes, that skill is great but fails far too often.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MrHaze.3690

MrHaze.3690

kitten dark path would’ve been better if it was instant rather than unblockable but oh well, so close..

I second this, or just if someone could upload a photo of the new DS UI, would be cool! I’m very anxious to see how it looks now!

Patch still isn’t live yet.

Godhead Priest Endexa
Necromancer
Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

•Epidemic: Do we have something called epidemic?

Congrats, no one on this forum is ever going to take you seriously.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Talentless.5708

Talentless.5708

Good patch for us.

Talentless Necro – Talentless Engineer
Jade Quarry – Strike Force | Wilsonian Institute
new video pending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDVc34_SFKM&feature=youtu.be

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Be mindful of the Engineer changes. 1/3 of it was bug fixes, not buffs. 1/3 was big buffs to turrets, which were considered completely useless in ALL aspects of the game, kind of how minions were before the February patch, but even worse. The remaining 1/3rd was actually nerfs to known powerful build combinations (e.g. 100 nades) replacing those builds with some new possibilities for versatility.

So while the Engineer patch list may look long and great for those who don’t play engineers, it’s really long overdue fixes/buffs/nerfs. Hopefully our necros are next up for the April patch.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Ill post a the DS UI here as soon as I finish the Dload, unless someone beats me to it. Bout 80% on patch.

I am curious about the dark path and block though… originally I though this was just Aegis, but I wonder about blocking skills as well…. Hopefully it is a bit more responsive too..

in Necromancer

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

So while the Engineer patch list may look long and great for those who don’t play engineers, it’s really long overdue fixes/buffs/nerfs. Hopefully our necros are next up for the April patch.

Yup, very mixed bag and judging by how the last couple of patches turned out for Engineers in game after glowing patch notes, even that might be overly optimistic…

As for Necros, it could have been worse I guess ? Not much more to say really.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rav.9475

Rav.9475

DS UI Screen shot!

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skyro.3108

Skyro.3108

So can we get healed while in DS now? If so that would be a huge buff to necros.

in Necromancer

Posted by: sas.6483

sas.6483

… so, no more casting Epidemic on wall defenders I guess. It’s a bad change, but I could live with it if our cast times / projectile speeds got sped up 25-50%. Maybe next patch…

- Dr Ebola

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

hahahaha im choosing to ignore the epidemic change. its not real until it happens (or doesn’t rather) right? ;-)

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

… so, no more casting Epidemic on wall defenders I guess. It’s a bad change, but I could live with it if our cast times / projectile speeds got sped up 25-50%. Maybe next patch…

The problem is this was one of the areas where the Necro was really viable in WvW as a preferable class, in sieges, both offensive and defensive, this severely nerfs our ability to contribute to area control in those situations. It was already bad enough that we sucked hard at damaging siege, but at least we could drive players back off from walls.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Sad about the green ui tentacles we had over the skill bar in DS, but really happy about the condition/boon thing (i still think we should just get the DS buttons over the weapon ones but the actual weapon and utilites be a bit lower and show the cooldowns). So for DS YAY~

Another LOS nerf (epidemic)… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgP0aUKlmNw – i think that everyone knows my hate for LoS and projectile limitations because of how poorly the game calculates em.

Dark Path shadowstep was working even if blocked/aegised so just a change for the sake of change (comes from a person who loves his permachill).

Life siphon – well… IT WORKED ON OBJECTS PRE PATCH ALREADY…

Staff – thank god, i know its another pointless thing, but i was really getting annoyed by scythes under/over other scythes

Overall patch was a net 1+ (1 benefit/fix 1 negative/fix, a great ui and visual change, rest changes for the sake of change). Nothing to be happy about like engie, but nothing to be angry about. I am kinda kitten off that they added a patch note about something that already worked pre patch, noone really cares about the size of the wall of text as long as its good. What i am angry about is no items in dungeons, thus all terror grawl totem spam is over.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Wait… epidemic originally worked without LoS?

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Wait… epidemic originally worked without LoS?

It was great in PVE to be able to kite a bunch of mobs into a tight circle, BiP one and then Epidemic them on the run without facing the mobs.

Ahhhh….those were the days….

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: sas.6483

sas.6483

… so, no more casting Epidemic on wall defenders I guess.

The problem is this was one of the areas where the Necro was really viable in WvW as a preferable class, in sieges, both offensive and defensive, this severely nerfs our ability to contribute to area control in those situations.

The more I think about this change, the worse it seems. I guess I’ll have to see how Epidemic plays now, but I have a feeling that Anet just turned it into another Corrupt Boon – unreliable to the point where it is unusable (in WvW).

- Dr Ebola

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Maybe we’ll get proper attention next now that engineers have finally been brought up to par. I certainly hope so considering how hard this epidemic nerf hits our premier spec. At least the deathshroud UI is finally fixed. Now if only deathshroud actually had synergy with most builds instead of just acting like a glorified health pool.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

DS UI Screen shot!

Thank you, it’s good to see your energy bar and any boons/conditions you have, sucks you can’t see your utilities though or your heal cooldown at least, but at least it’s something.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

New Death Shroud UI is just what I wanted, but I didn’t expect it for another month at least. My favourite thing is how much it emphasizes that your health pool is constant while you’re in Death Shroud. Also it doesn’t crowd the screen the way the old one would.

I won’t have the opportunity to update the bug list for a day or two, :c but I’ll make sure to go through the whole thing when I do.

Edit:

Thank you, it’s good to see your energy bar and any boons/conditions you have, sucks you can’t see your utilities though or your heal cooldown at least, but at least it’s something.

Yeah, I’d love to see those as well. I’m betting they didn’t want to make it so that you could see the skills, but not actually use them, as it could be very confusing for new players. Maybe we’ll see that functionality later, but it would probably require a few more UI effects to communicate that you can’t actually cast those skills right now.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Seriously did not think epidemic would continue as it is, everything needs LOS and arenanet has been steadily fixing all the exceptions (such as mesmers berserker). It hurts but its consistent, and feels like a big nerf. Glad I never expected any different, but must hurt those who relied on it working that way.

My feelings on spiteful talisman are, at least they fixed the damage part of #5. I’m trying not to get dramatic about #4 being unaffected by the trait in spite of how its worded. #5 is the main thing anyway you need ranged anyway.

Cool about the shroud UI fixed, always annoying not to know exactly what boons/cons are on me

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

how to you guys feel? massive PvW (player versus wall) ??

P.S necros sucking walls stone and wood and kitten, really had to laught out loud!

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

yeah, I thought that was a bit strange too.

Has anyone tested the Agony resistance on minions yet?

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Btw they managed to break Lich 5 boon strip from enemies.

in Necromancer

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

Maybe we’ll get proper attention next now that engineers have finally been brought up to par.

You better hope Necros don’t get the same treatment Engineers did, that’s all I’ll say.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Maybe we’ll get proper attention next now that engineers have finally been brought up to par.

You better hope Necros don’t get the same treatment Engineers did, that’s all I’ll say.

They got some pretty major buffs… I mean grenades no longer need LoS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skyro.3108

Skyro.3108

So has anybody tested if heals work (regen, life transfer heal trait, etc.) work while in DS now?!?