Patch notes - Necro - 5/28/13

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Necromancer
•Greater Marks trait: •Now increases the ground target size of all marks.
•Now increases the size of marks created by the Lich Form skill.

•Death Nova trait: Now functions with Necrotic Traversal.
•Grasping Dead skill: Now lists the correct number of bleed stacks (3) in its tooltip.
•Feast skill: Now lists the correct radius (600) in its tooltip.
•Wicked Spiral skill: Now displays the correct range in the tooltip.
•Dark Armor trait: Now functions with Life Leech, Frozen Abyss, and Wicked Spiral.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

To sumarize, basically tool-tip fixes, display bugs, and that happens to be about it. Not a single gameplay bug fixed this time around, which is yet another month where that seems to be the case.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Was this supposed to be “the big bug fix patch”??

in Necromancer

Posted by: subcrazy.1098

subcrazy.1098

I sure hope not

LavaFluxx – Ele
Ankle Bitër – Necro – Paxa
Necro and Ele small man videos:Necro/Ele Videos

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

ffs, no one gives a flying kitten about south cove or underwater crap. please anet just do class balance …
I seriously feel like watching that dontain video about the game …
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3F_ZcvR-pg

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

YEAH! Another month of failing to fix ANY of the actually problems with the class.

They said that this was a “Bug fix” patch but I assumed that meant they’d fix stuff like the kitten poor staff auto attack or the complete failure that is minion AI. THOSE are bugs that are worth fixing. I don’t care if there are some errors in my tooltips…

Not to mention they didn’t do any changes to matchmaking… There are certainly some bugs to be fixed there. What is the PVP team actually doing?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Be fair.
Buffed Flesh Wurm if you take the 30pt GM in Death, and fixed tool tips.

Has anyone checked if the Down State fix was ninja’s in this patch?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

Our class code is most likely an abomination that only the bravest of coders agree to work with for 5 times the payment or something like that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

in Necromancer

Elvahaduken.3609

who is gonna use flesh worm in the middle of a fight, ON TOP of your enemy just to waste it to proc the kitten death nova. seriously anet your incompetence kitten es me off.

in Necromancer

flow.6043

And again they only fixed just half of one trait. Dark Armor got some improvement, but I bet it still doesn’t combo with Deadly Strength or Rune of the Undead.
Not that anyone would ever use this trait anyway…

I feel like im a prophet

nice ^^

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yendorion.2381

Yendorion.2381

They basically narrowed the Necro to a single effective build all around.

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

If it takes 9 months to fix a tooltip, gonna most likely take 5 years to fix some actual gameplay related bug. Minion AI fix is a possibility in 10 years.

Underwater necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Was this supposed to be “the big bug fix patch”??

Yes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

But just a question.. focus trait is still bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

I don’t understand why they can’t fix stuff.

I mean, surely all this kitten is held in a simple DB to facilitate and control change. Should just be a case of looking up the entry for (eg) the focus ability, and taking 20% off the cooldown for the ability variant when it’s traited.

I’m lost for words. I had such high hopes for this “bug fix” patch, and instead we got the business end of a mouldy broom handle.

Siiiiiiigh.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

At least they fixed the marks, at last I can see the real size of my marks now and not only chilblains! Feels good.

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kitedyou.1720

Kitedyou.1720

Some OK fixes for the Necro… Thanks for those…
So, if I am to understand the Death Nova trait’s interaction with sacrificing the Wurm (via Necrotic Traversal), the poison duration should be at a base of 8 seconds…because they would stack, correct? <— Assuming that you can get the enemy within reach of the wurm and it is going to die anyways.

Attention still needs to be paid to controlling the pets. Please add a window that will allow players with pets to control them. See the following post for clarification:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Pet-Control-Window/first#post2104575

Sea of Sorrows
Tjegra: 80 Norn Necromancer
Mefitic: OTW to 80 Asura Necromancer

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

I’m amazed people don’t use fastcast – you’ll be a better player when you learn to use it. Honestly and for true. Makes the size of the projected marks irrelevant.

Anyway, 8s of poison from traversal is pointless in ways that lend new meaning to the phrase.

in Necromancer

Yendorion.2381

If it takes 9 months to fix a tooltip, gonna most likely take 5 years to fix some actual gameplay related bug. Minion AI fix is a possibility in 10 years.

Underwater necro?

Staff/Lich form/Trident Basically… Lich form with greater marks in PvP feels overkill to me! WTF? oO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

Wow, Dark Armor was working with like nothing before. Only transfusion?

I discovered today that it doesn’t work with Deadly Strength though. Posted in the (basically dead) bug list at the top of the forum.

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Staff Mastery doesn’t work with Greater Marks anymore -.-

That basically makes every staff build unusable… worst patch ever!

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

You mean the CD does not get reduced?
Went back to my terror build where I had greater marks + staff mastery and yes, staff mastery does not work with greater marks in that if you have greater marks and take staff mastery, you won’t get the reduced CD. Great bug fixing, all the more proof to think that our class code is an abomination.

And here i was having fun with my build.=(

(edited by Iceflame.5024)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Overall I’m disappointed. I do like the bugs that got fixed, but this was pretty underwhelming. Unless there’s a few fixes that weren’t noted in the patch notes (and based on what I’m seeing on the forum, there aren’t) it’s a case of fixing some bugs, which is nice, but some of the most oldest examples of bugs (Spiteful Talisman) are still kicking around.

Edit: And with news that now Staff Mastery conflicts with Greater Marks, I’m not even sure about THAT fix.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

(edited by Softspoken.2410)

in Necromancer

Yendorion.2381

You mean the CD does not get reduced?
Went back to my terror build where I had greater marks + staff mastery and yes, staff mastery does not work with greater marks in that if you have greater marks and take staff mastery, you won’t get the reduced CD. Great bug fixing, all the more proof to think that our class code is an abomination.

And here i was having fun with my build.=(

Staff mastery works with Greater marks, just tested it.

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

Please refer to the thread I made in the game bugs forum and put a post there: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/May-28-post-patch-necro-staff-mastery-bug/first#post2107060

It’s not working for me in heart of the mists right now, Ima try and relog.

Nope, still not working.

(edited by Iceflame.5024)

in Necromancer

Yendorion.2381

Please refer to the thread I made in the game bugs forum and put a post there: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/May-28-post-patch-necro-staff-mastery-bug/first#post2107060

It’s not working for me in heart of the mists right now, Ima try and relog.

Nope, still not working.

Alright in all fairness I took a look at it in PvE…

With Greater Marks/Staff Master traited together
http://i.imgur.com/RrHq7yk.jpg

Wothout Staff Mastery
http://i.imgur.com/l3hwyNU.jpg

Tests in PVP confirmed the same for me…

Probably I read into it incorrectly… I dunno

in Necromancer

Elvahaduken.3609

cast it to make sure and see the cd timer, dont just look at tool tip

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

As far as I can tell, the combination still works for Chillblains.

Somehow, Chillblains has always gotten it right in regards to these traits, while the others have been all over the place.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

Great bug fix patch…lol.

Tooltips and one fix which is stuffed….way to go.

Game uninstalled (and I know some will be glad to see the back of me). Good luck all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: BobJoeXXI.2493

BobJoeXXI.2493

Somehow, Chillblains has always gotten it right in regards to these traits, while the others have been all over the place.

You would think that they would all be uniform and that the only difference would be their cooldown.

Apicharr Science [ASci] – Maguuma
80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Engineer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Guenselmann.9637

Guenselmann.9637

Sclerite Karka Shell is still hidden after using DS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Originally Chillblains didn’t get fixed when greater marks was fixed to actually WORK,
back in November.
When they fixed for chillblains to actually have the increased AoE they put a skill which was affected by a reduced casting time trait that never even made it into the game.
That’s also why it as the only one with the correct AoE target.

ANet finally made skills with the increased AoE targets but forgot to make skills with reduced CD and increased AoE targets for greater marks.

These traits are horribly coded and just swap skills for other ones.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Visionary.5681

Visionary.5681

Another month. More disappointment.

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

Arah P3 Crusher.

Now instagibs when in DS. This used to be a saving grace, but now doesn’t work.

I’d ask for it to be fixed, but…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Necromancer
•Greater Marks trait: •Now increases the ground target size of all marks.
•Now increases the size of marks created by the Lich Form skill.

•Death Nova trait: Now functions with Necrotic Traversal.
•Grasping Dead skill: Now lists the correct number of bleed stacks (3) in its tooltip.
•Feast skill: Now lists the correct radius (600) in its tooltip.
•Wicked Spiral skill: Now displays the correct range in the tooltip.
•Dark Armor trait: Now functions with Life Leech, Frozen Abyss, and Wicked Spiral.

these fixes seem so minor in paralel to the bug caused

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

And no matter how many times this happens there will be people blindly believing every promise anet makes… kind of funny if you keep leveled head and quit buying into random nonsense.
As the saying goes… fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Wonder what that makes most praise givers around here. Mhmm…
Short version… tooltip “working-as-intended” fixes. Followed by a new bug that screws up staff cd/marks(another trait that doesn’t synergize… oh wait… we have a ton of those). And another silent nerf to DS… yay! Pfft what a joke.

(edited by HiSaZuL.2843)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Its so tough being a necro. Half the time between updates im looking at thief getting buffed and the other times im watching the nice bugs getting fixed and the discouraging ones either appearing or being neglected. Its to the point that Im not really investing anything into my lil Khloe anymore. This better be a nice balance patch, Anet. Ive been waiting for love for months here.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Really anet? REALLY? HOW HARD IS IT TO BUG CHECK? kitten do yyou hate necros so badly and dislike our community so much that you cannot for the love of god and all that is unholy check your simple fixes? 9 months to fix tooltips only to see a simple fix create a more dehabilitating bug? You are just proving our points more and more.

I will not spend a single more cent in the gem store until you improve our situation. So tired of this….

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vex.7486

Vex.7486

Still no spiteful talisman fix…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Well, this patch – the supposed big BUG FIX patch – confirms it. Necros are not the red-headed step-children of GW2.

No. We are the congenitally-deformed illegitimate spawn of a $2 hooker shamefully conceived down a dark alley behind a stinking dumpster sitting atop a fetid cesspool of slime and filth who ArenaNet will never recognize nor accept as being one of its children.

And you know what? That’s OK. We’re necros. You beat us, we get stronger. You kick us when we’re down, we learn how to stand on our feet. We endure. We survive.

They are right to fear us becoming OP if they were to ever fix everything wrong with the profession. Because you know what? We would be! Think about it; despite all that is bugged, we still manage to hold our own and even dominate in some instances. Imagine what it would be like if they actually corrected all our shortcomings; we’d be Gods Walking Amongst Mere Mortals (and then we’d be nerfed into the ground)!

This isn’t to excuse ArenaNet’s lack of attention or be an apologist for them. Quite the contrary, I’d much rather the outstanding issues be fixed rather than ignored (to speak nothing of adding new bugs; * cough * staff traits * cough *). That said, we’ve remained fanatically loyal to necromancy and taken a bottom-of-the-barrel class that almost no one plays and made it prevail against all odds.

Unfortunately, this now puts the devs between the proverbial rock and a hard place. Fix our remaining bugs, clean up our traits, improve our sustain to bring us in line with the stated vision of us being attrition fighters, and add a fifth skill to Death Shroud and we’ll be nigh unstoppable.

So where do we go from here?

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

Thing is, I still won’t buy the Ascended WvW trinkets on my engi or mesmer, because I’ll wait for next patch… Pathetic, I really am

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

I’m amazed people don’t use fastcast – you’ll be a better player when you learn to use it. Honestly and for true. Makes the size of the projected marks irrelevant.

Anyway, 8s of poison from traversal is pointless in ways that lend new meaning to the phrase.

I use fastcast since the beginning. I’ve played on a friends computer once without fastcast .. quite annoying.

The only thing is, sometimes the mousearrow isn’t where I thought it was and my skill goes elsewhere.

To the patch? .. Cba to say anything.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

After the patch has anyone noticed if minions are now targets for Focus4 bounces?

Apparently, mesmer clones and engineer turrets are bounce targets! Thread in the bug forum:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Clones-turrets-are-now-Bounce-able-targets

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

After the patch has anyone noticed if minions are now targets for Focus4 bounces?

Apparently, mesmer clones and engineer turrets are bounce targets! Thread in the bug forum:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Clones-turrets-are-now-Bounce-able-targets

Why yes, in fact they are. Posted about it in the necromancer bug thread earlier, not that surprised nobody noticed it. But yeah, Reaper’s Touch is now an option for healing your minions from a distance. It makes the regen less guaranteed for yourself, but it’s a price I’m willing to pay. You just have to choose when you use it carefully.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

It is rather upsetting to know that my dying rat is going to soak up the heal I would want my self to get from the bounce though….. good thing I rarely run with Focus I guess..

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

It is rather upsetting to know that my dying rat is going to soak up the heal I would want my self to get from the bounce though….. good thing I rarely run with Focus I guess..

Wait for the rat to die first. People always insist it doesn’t take long.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Wait for the rat to die first. People always insist it doesn’t take long.

I am an advocate for suicide rat bomber 1.0. He works just like the current rat, only instead of attacking he instantly explodes dealing putrid explosion damage…

Problem solved, though the threat of terrorism would become real.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

Well, this patch – the supposed big BUG FIX patch – confirms it. Necros are not the red-headed step-children of GW2.

No. We are the congenitally-deformed illegitimate spawn of a $2 hooker shamefully conceived down a dark alley behind a stinking dumpster sitting atop a fetid cesspool of slime and filth who ArenaNet will never recognize nor accept as being one of its children.

And you know what? That’s OK. We’re necros. You beat us, we get stronger. You kick us when we’re down, we learn how to stand on our feet. We endure. We survive.

They are right to fear us becoming OP if they were to ever fix everything wrong with the profession. Because you know what? We would be! Think about it; despite all that is bugged, we still manage to hold our own and even dominate in some instances. Imagine what it would be like if they actually corrected all our shortcomings; we’d be Gods Walking Amongst Mere Mortals (and then we’d be nerfed into the ground)!

This isn’t to excuse ArenaNet’s lack of attention or be an apologist for them. Quite the contrary, I’d much rather the outstanding issues be fixed rather than ignored (to speak nothing of adding new bugs; * cough * staff traits * cough *). That said, we’ve remained fanatically loyal to necromancy and taken a bottom-of-the-barrel class that almost no one plays and made it prevail against all odds.

Unfortunately, this now puts the devs between the proverbial rock and a hard place. Fix our remaining bugs, clean up our traits, improve our sustain to bring us in line with the stated vision of us being attrition fighters, and add a fifth skill to Death Shroud and we’ll be nigh unstoppable.

So where do we go from here?

you keep telling yourself that , im sure it helps with the other bs you have to deal with to get through the day .

i am for one SICK of arena net ignoring this class , so i will do them one better , im going to ignore this game till it get it’s head out of it’s on you know what . and start playing the class and get face rolled till they decide to give a crap about the necro

arena net is one of the worst companies i have ever seen when it comes to patching and fixing classes.