Petition to disable Reanimator

in Necromancer

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

I didn’t see the point of the stupid little thing? The ONLY reason it’s in my build is to get to the first optional trait: Greater Marks

Anet needs to change it to something completely different. It has absolutely no lasting value in PvE settings.

in Necromancer

Posted by: station.6421

station.6421

+1 needs to be replaced/redesignd/buffed. Horrible ability as it stands

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

+1

Let’s not make Giganticus Lupicus any harder than he needs to be.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Necromancer

Posted by: Savan.8495

Savan.8495

+1

Let’s not make Giganticus Lupicus any harder than he needs to be.

Lol people are still writing this, when did you last do Lupicius?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Savan.8495

Savan.8495

and grubs spawned off of your pet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

and grubs spawned off of your pet?

Yes, either my jagged horrors or the other necro in the group. Our guardian pointed it out, and I also saw first hand the grubs spawning on my ogre pet whistle pet.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Necromancer

Posted by: Martacus.4085

Martacus.4085

My character talks to it too much. +1

in Necromancer

Posted by: emanueldst.8049

emanueldst.8049

+ 1 but that wont do much good for us though….

in Necromancer

Posted by: KlausKNT.9302

KlausKNT.9302

+1 .. its useless .. dont need it…

(edited by KlausKNT.9302)

in Necromancer

Posted by: SilentForce.1964

SilentForce.1964

+1 Please get rid of it. I wouldn’t mind having no trait until something useful can be put in its place.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sera.9750

Sera.9750

+1 useless and isn’t even helpful for MM; plus all the above…

in Necromancer

Posted by: KirinDave.6451

KirinDave.6451

I love how furious Necromancers get about minor traits. Several classes have useless minor traits they ignore to get Major traits or stat points. Why is Necromancer special?

People get so furious they have minion skills at all; but reanimator is not broken, not useless, and the only downside to it is that it triggers character voiceovers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Manticore Five.9867

Manticore Five.9867

The fact that you can ask that question proves you haven’t even attempted to check the numerous threads on this subject, where you’ll find several reasons.

Good day.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

I love how furious Necromancers get about minor traits. Several classes have useless minor traits they ignore to get Major traits or stat points. Why is Necromancer special?

People get so furious they have minion skills at all; but reanimator is not broken, not useless, and the only downside to it is that it triggers character voiceovers.

Oh the delicious ignorance. Educate yourself before opening your mouth and making yourself flame-bait please. We’re already full up on things to be irritated about in this sub-forum without someone coming in and spouting off nonsense.

I don’t want Reanimator disabled, I want it moved to an optional slot so that those wanting to run an effective and/or non MM build are not forced to deal with the vagaries of short bus AI and content designed to punish having pets.

I want that trait left in the game as a glaring example so that they and no one else ever forgets about it and repeats the same mistake again.

(edited by Overkillengine.6084)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Honey Blood.7852

Honey Blood.7852

Afaik, people can still rally off this minion in pvp (someone correct me if this has been fixed). This makes any necro with 10 in death magic somewhat of a liability in teamfights. Greater marks trait is the only reason necros even put up with it.

Also, +1 because it’s one of the worst, if not the worst 5 pointer in the game atm

(edited by Honey Blood.7852)

in Necromancer

Posted by: iniside.4736

iniside.4736

+1
Remove it. The minion mancer part of Necro need imo total rework to more closely reassemble of what we had in GW1.

It’s not even about being useless. It’s about that this so called minion can bring doom upon you and your group in dungeon. And it’s completly worthless in PvP anyway..

in Necromancer

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

You guys do know petitions are against the forums rules.

Do not post petitions, “I demand an answer” threads, conspiracy threads, or comments about circumventing the rules.

Might be why the other one was ignored. =P

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Until its totally changed to something useful, yes please remove it.

+1

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Necromancer

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

+1

I go down that tree for my staff, and love my marks. Please don’t punish me for my weapon choices. Remove the trait or move it out of the 1-15 range. I don’t like being forced to use a minion -.-

in Necromancer

Posted by: VileAndVicious.3219

VileAndVicious.3219

+1

Why not replace reanimator with Dark Armor (or something else) and let reanimator be a choice?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Allen.1620

Allen.1620

+1

well wud like to have anything except this :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Argistrin.3597

Argistrin.3597

+1
As a MM, even I absolutely despise this trait. It fails to be useful at any point in time, and despite multiple dev posts saying it doesn’t allow for rallies I can attest that it does after having witnessed it recently. Kittens, I can’t even do Arah Explorer mode with out respec’ing into something else. The trait is broken and needs to be disabled, cut, redesigned and repackaged. I’d rather have a trait that gives me no benefit at all then one that causes me pain.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I don’t like that it forces a pet on you for going down the trait line. That should be a choice. Make the reanimator trait one of the selectable ones, and just give us some other passive benefit that only affects your character for the 5 point passive.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I don’t like forum petitions. I feel they don’t accomplish anything. However, I have to agree with everyone here. Reanimator sucks. The minion it summons sucks. Minions in general suck. Minion AI sucks. It bugs out and keeps you in combat longer than you should be, which sucks.

+1 I guess.

Stuff goes here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

I don’t like forum petitions. I feel they don’t accomplish anything.

I know that this probably won’t serve to disable it. But at least, look how many views and replies have the thread. Necromancer players have spoken and I hope ArenaNet keep this in mind.

~ The light of a new day

in Necromancer

Posted by: BondageBill.4021

BondageBill.4021

I can’t get onboard with only temporarily disabling this trait. IMO, it should be moved to a major trait, and the minor should be replaced with something that benefits all types of builds.

Please quit forcing anybody who wants the trait for their staff, toughness, or boon duration to take minion skills. Some of us do not want to play minion Necros.

Basic idea for replacement minor: Gain 1 Toughness for every 2% life force you have.

“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

+1

I don’t want it disable, it shouldn’t be a forced trait at all. 50% of people going the Death Traits line are putting points to get greaters marks and staff reduced cooldown. Those necro don’t want a minion!

Make it optional, just give us something else like dark armor. Or make it a 25 pointstraits like others said. If you are going 25 in death, 95% it’s because you are going MM build. You would have to buff the traits tho.

Also, even if a Dev said otherwise, in sPvP the damn reanimator minion still revive people. Someoene posted a video of illusion of life rezzing somoene and staying alive because they killed a reanimator minion.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

You don’t pvp much, now do you…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Barend.5802

Barend.5802

+1, little skull rat thingy is just there to look… weird, doesn’t really add anything at all.

in Necromancer

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Name one that is more useless than Reanimator, I dare you, I double dare you.

~ The light of a new day

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pillow.3296

Pillow.3296

+1 messes up aggro, basically a leroy jenkins

in Necromancer

Posted by: Relair.1843

Relair.1843

I can’t get onboard with only temporarily disabling this trait. IMO, it should be moved to a major trait, and the minor should be replaced with something that benefits all types of builds.

Please quit forcing anybody who wants the trait for their staff, toughness, or boon duration to take minion skills. Some of us do not want to play minion Necros.

Basic idea for replacement minor: Gain 1 Toughness for every 2% life force you have.

Thats not much of an argument, what if you want minion stuff and dont care about toughness? What if you’d rather have…precision or whatever. You’re forced into it to get the other stuff you want. I’d love condition damage but I can’t take that line because the minion stuff is in other ones. The way they haphazardly allot benefits to the trait lines is kind of lame for all builds not just a problem with reanimator. Just make the little buggers not trigger content like on lupi, and not rally people in pvp, then its just a dab of free damage with a necro-y flavor to it. I don’t see why that is so hard for anet accomplish =/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Garo.5304

Garo.5304

I never really liked this trait. In a true trait aspect its udderly garbage, it serves no purpose. Monsters generally never re-target the minion anyways and if they did it would be one shot.

Two ways to fix this trait are
a.)Make it so when something dies it regains full health.
b.)Replace it with a new trait. Something defensive, like gain 5 seconds of protection(5 sec cooldown) when something dies

in Necromancer

Posted by: Manticore Five.9867

Manticore Five.9867

Thats not much of an argument, what if you want minion stuff and dont care about toughness? What if you’d rather have…precision or whatever.

What if you want stability and don’t want crit damage?
What if you want targettable wells but not Condmg?
What if you want peanut butter and chocolate and all the grocery stores are all closed and you’re out of Reeses? WHAT THEN, HUH?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Relair.1843

Relair.1843

Thats not much of an argument, what if you want minion stuff and dont care about toughness? What if you’d rather have…precision or whatever.

What if you want stability and don’t want crit damage?
What if you want targettable wells but not Condmg?
What if you want peanut butter and chocolate and all the grocery stores are all closed and you’re out of Reeses? WHAT THEN, HUH?

Exactly! It’s all just a grab bag of randomness, how they decided what goes with what doesn’t seem to have much reason. Oh and to answer your question: go get some from a gas station and pay 4x the grocery store cost, obviously!

in Necromancer

Posted by: xiert.8107

xiert.8107

Still +1 for me I prefer to have empty trait then something that get me nervous and impede my game…

in Necromancer

Posted by: nolop.8095

nolop.8095

+1
remove it and mak a new trait

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Thought I’d chime in on the horrors/lupi thing. The grubs still definitely spawn on Jagged Horrors, I ran the dungeon traited in toughness after reading rumors it was fixed and had grubs spawn on the minion multiple times. 100% confirmed broken.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Locce.8405

Locce.8405

+1
Even for necromancer standards this is a bad trait. It ranges somewhere between purely cosmetic and debuff (now with slightly longer duration, yay).

in Necromancer

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Ill sign this. Up until now i didnt know why I saw threads like this one…but after trying Lupicus yesterday, I now know why. Either remove the minor and replace it with something else, make effects like the one on Lupicus not trigger on pets, including jade maw…

Something needs to be done.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

Count me in +1. I hate having to pick this up it’s utterly garbage.

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

in Necromancer

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

+1 Signed. Get rid of it and give us something actually useful for a 5-point skill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: insanitymatrix.9240

insanitymatrix.9240

+1.

How many times I’ve been in Orr, not wanting any trouble, but I’m forced to kill one enemy. My Jagged Horror goes Leroy Jenkins, and suddenly Plan B, run like hell, is in motion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: BobJoeXXI.2493

BobJoeXXI.2493

+1
I’m not for reviving old threads; since this has already been revived I will add my point.

Apicharr Science [ASci] – Maguuma
80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Engineer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

+1

Let’s pretend Reanimator never existed.

Delete.
This.
kitten.

Leman

in Necromancer

Posted by: Solesaver.8764

Solesaver.8764

-1 Anti-signed. I use it. I would miss it if it were gone. It gives me bonus toughness and an aoe poison when I kill stuff.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Uskon.2519

Uskon.2519

Compromise and make it a major trait with some improvements, death magic could do with some more universal minors :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

+1

All mandatory traits should be optional, especially this one.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Necromancer

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

-1 Anti-signed. I use it. I would miss it if it were gone. It gives me bonus toughness and an aoe poison when I kill stuff.

Did you read my opening post? It’s a nice trait for Minion Masters, but if someone just want to get toughness or traits for staff (or both) it become useless.

Death Magic minor and major traits are both minion-related, which is a special type of utility skills, no other profession have a trait line like this but that is another story.

~ The light of a new day

in Necromancer

Posted by: Embershard.7294

Embershard.7294

Consider me signed up.
I think Anet would be more inclined to remove this if we support a replacement.
Heres my pitch… replace with 5% chance to turn random condition into a boon on hit. 60sec cooldown. Goes with the boon focus the trait implies and adds to the necro condition theme of removal.

Necromancer – Embershard
Guardian – Vindicator Azure
Thief – Labrat Thief