*Please let us see utilities in Death Shroud*

in Necromancer

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

“Give us some love already” ???

Necro got such an insanely massive buff this patch, I’m just waiting for it to get nerfed into the ground lol…

As for the original purpose of this thread, I agree completely. It would be nice to see our cooldowns when we enter shroud. I time it pretty well in my head but it is nice to see those cooldowns.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

“Give us some love already” ???

Necro got such an insanely massive buff this patch, I’m just waiting for it to get nerfed into the ground lol…

As for the original purpose of this thread, I agree completely. It would be nice to see our cooldowns when we enter shroud. I time it pretty well in my head but it is nice to see those cooldowns.

I wouldn’t go THAT far lol… Some transfers and boon ripping might get toned down, but I wouldn’t say we’re OP atm rofl. We’re still struggling to find a solid spot in a team.

However, at least our traits make better sense (in most cases, at least). We’re making progress and a snails rate.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Would be nice even in PvE.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’m surprised with the amount of QoL stuff from this patch, that Necros don’t have this already.
Consider yourself +1’d

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

I agree, although I would settle with simply being able to see the cooldowns of my 6-0 skills.

Yes, this…I don’t think it’s asking for too much just to see the CDs.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in Necromancer

Posted by: Montnoir.7049

Montnoir.7049

It’d be fantastic to see my utility cooldowns in DS. Thanks for a great suggestion, OP! Here’s a +1 for the cause! :-)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Didn’t say so before but +1 even if it’s just seeing the CDs.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akrasia.5469

Akrasia.5469

+1
Utilities in DS would help a lot. Even just the 3 basic utilities. I could see why balancing would be tough if we could use our heal in DS and 2 or our elites are transforms so we probably couldn’t get elite access (thought how awesome would it be to go from DS straight to Lich or Plague form) . Even the 3 unities would help a lot to give us flexibility. Having the support boost we got greatly reduced when we use our chief defense really sucks. With the new trait system I went from a DS power nec to a support blood wellomancer giving protection, siphoning and might(BiP) to my allies. It kinda sucks that DS is only useful now to turtle until my skills recharge. I used to stay in DS more that 50% of the time. If I could use my utilities in DS I could have the true attack/support build I’m going for.

But even just seeing my cool downs would help me better support. Wells, Turtle, Life Blast, Wells. with a much better timing on my cycle

in Necromancer

Posted by: NecroSummonsMors.7816

NecroSummonsMors.7816

I support this
Could even go one step further and allow use of utilities in shroud

+1
It would be great !

in Necromancer

Posted by: souless.1935

souless.1935

/signed for view and signed for use.

Ehmry Bay! Commander – Onyxguard
GW1/GW2 Beta player

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akrasia.5469

Akrasia.5469

+1
Or at least give DS a few more skills. 3 more and an elite level would be awesome.. yeah.. never happen to the step children off GW2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

I think they should give us a new set of skills on death shroud 6-10 we need more defense
but using our utility’s is also a good thing

in Necromancer

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I agree with this change. But I’ll put it behind fixing a heal skill that drops 10x Vulnerability on you, Minions that kitten like the vampires in I am Legend, bottom tier DPS, traiting for a piercing LB, etc, etc…

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Necromancer

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

By seeing the cooldowns of our utility skills, we can then more strategically use Death Shroud, promoting skilled play/counter-play, and it will help balance the necro as a class.

Bump if you agree!

Edit: You really can help by posting a +1. According to ANet support, “Members of the Development Team read the forums daily…[and reading suggestions] helps them gauge the level of interest in a particular idea,” so lets show that our level of interest is high.

I support this.

But… I would prefer that we be allowed to use our utilities in shroud as well as all healing. And yes, shroud would have to be adjusted to compensate. I’m good with that. Tired of anti-synergy and my ‘core profession skill’ locking me out of the rest of my character.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

My vigil continues. I will not shave my beard until I can see my utilities while in death shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

You’re doing Grenth’s work, Salamander. +1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

Anet should take a look on this closely. This will only improve the class gameplay without unbalance. This should been like this ever since game release. Last time i lost a couple outnumbered fights because i couldn’t see my utilities skills cooldowns while in DS.

C’mon Anet, you know we need this!

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Anet should take a look on this closely. This will only improve the class gameplay without unbalance. This should been like this ever since game release. Last time i lost a couple outnumbered fights because i couldn’t see my utilities skills cooldowns while in DS.

C’mon Anet, you know we need this!

Nothing is more tear inducing than leaving DS 1 second before heal is off cd… +1 to you

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

By seeing the cooldowns of our utility skills, we can then more strategically use Death Shroud, promoting skilled play/counter-play, and it will help balance the necro as a class.

Bump if you agree!

Edit: You really can help by posting a +1. According to ANet support, “Members of the Development Team read the forums daily…[and reading suggestions] helps them gauge the level of interest in a particular idea,” so lets show that our level of interest is high.

This is a good idea. It’s not really a buff, any player that counts in their head could essentially do the same thing, this would just make a wide range of tactics more accessible without really effecting top level play.

in Necromancer

Posted by: jakakettu.9083

jakakettu.9083

Definately a great qol addition

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

I made a thread that might provide an idea for a temporary fix concerning death shroud https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Notification-about-background-skill-cooldown/first#post5316351

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

I dont know who designs the UI for Anet but the work they are doing is baffling:

- Preview system is still one of the worst i have ever encountered in a game,

-The pop ups at the end of a pvp match is really obstructive, often times fights are still happening at the end of a match (whether or not they should be is not the point) and having to deal with those pop ups in combat never gets less irritating.

-Still no cooldown display for sigils and runes when those can easily determine the outcome of fights.

- After all this time I have to guess when my utilities are out of cooldown when im in shroud.

Then they give us trading post rework that no one asked for(even though welcome) and a second re-work of the currency display that no one asked for, i mean really wtf?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

That feeling when you exit death shroud and your heal is still on cool down

in Necromancer

Salamander.2504

My vigil continues. I will not shave my beard until I can see my utilities while in death shroud.

ANet, my beard is getting pretty grisly. It’s starting to effect my work-life and personal relationships. Please don’t let my sacrifice be in vain: let us see the cooldowns of our utilities while in death shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

Anet dont stop there, utility access in ds !!

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

ANet, my beard is getting pretty grisly. It’s starting to effect my work-life and personal relationships. Please don’t let my sacrifice be in vain: let us see the cooldowns of our utilities while in death shroud.

I love your dedication, and I’m completely on board with your cause. However, I see one problem with your strategy. It could very well be that the fine folks at Anet like epic beards.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

This would be a nice QoL change. +1

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Salamander.2504

+1 to the OP, great idea.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Icetrinity.3804

Icetrinity.3804

Am I the only person who has noticed that Druid’s Celestial Avatar (read: Death Shroud) allows them to use utilities (definitely Glyphs, not sure about rest) WHILE TRANSFORMED?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Am I the only person who has noticed that Druid’s Celestial Avatar (read: Death Shroud) allows them to use utilities (definitely Glyphs, not sure about rest) WHILE TRANSFORMED?

But did you notice that they don’t get a second health bar while using it?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Son of Urza.1692

Son of Urza.1692

But did you notice that they don’t get a second health bar while using it?

Yeah, they just refill their first health bar, along with everyone else’s (“in celestial avatar form, a druid becomes capable of bringing a party on the brink of death back to pristine condition.”).

Admittedly they lose most of their ability to affect foes with weapon skills, but they do still have daze, cripple, slow, and immobilize (edit: just checked, they have a 3s duration 360 radius AoE daze on a five second recharge/1s cast, that’s some scary CC!).

(edited by Son of Urza.1692)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drazerg.8956

Drazerg.8956

110% Agree
Just the fact I could see when my heal is up so I can drop shroud and heal would make me so happy!

#Quality of Life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sabre.8627

Sabre.8627

Yes pls +1

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

This is a must change, it wont unbalance anything, but it will help us be more precise.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rampage.7145

Rampage.7145

Druid can do it, can even use utilities while transformed, why wouldn’t necro be on par with that?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Druid can do it, can even use utilities while transformed, why wouldn’t necro be on par with that?

Because balance, plain and simple. However, I totally agree with the suggestion of showing utilities’ CDs on Shrouds, it’s a really needed QoL change that needs to happen sometime.

~ The light of a new day

in Necromancer

Rampage.7145

I really don´t see how could this possibly afftect balance too badly like, u cannot heal while on DS so using heal would be stupid, u cannot use lich or plague any different than u would do it anyways. Power well necro does not benefit from it DPS wise, it is the same to drop wells and go into DS than being already onn DS while droping your wells, condi necro does not benefit a whole lot from staying on DS for long periods since you loose DPS if you do so, only thing that can probably benefit from it is having your signets pasive bonuses (which you should anyway) while on DS.

(edited by Rampage.7145)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I really don´t see how could this possibly afftect balance too badly like, u cannot heal while on DS so using heal would be stupid, u cannot use lich or plague any different than u would do it anyways. Power well necro does not benefit from it DPS wise, it is the same to drop wells and go into DS than being already onn DS while droping your wells, condi necro does not benefit a whole lot from staying on DS for long periods since you loose DPS if you do so, only thing that can probably benefit from it is having your signets pasive bonuses (which you should anyway) while on DS.

Actually, the big thing would be now having stunbreaks available in shroud.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Rampage.7145

All stunbreaks are big kitten cooldowns anyways, also most of the time u go DS u already popped them. I don’t see how this can possibly be a big balance issue honestly. Reaper has pulsing stability on DS anyways, and i don´t see how can normal necro possibly benefit a whole lot from this. You are better off saving sunbreaks for when you are out of life force anyway in order to survive burst damage, while you build up life force again.

I mean i understand stuff like lich of plague or rampage or tornado could potentially become problematic cuz those transformations give you extra stats and stuff, but that is not the case with shroud.

(edited by Rampage.7145)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

All stunbreaks are big kitten cooldowns anyways, also most of the time u go DS u already popped them. I don’t see how this can possibly be a big balance issue honestly. Reaper has pulsing stability on DS anyways, and i don´t see how can normal necro possibly benefit a whole lot from this. You are better off saving sunbreaks for when you are out of life force anyway in order to survive burst damage, while you build up life force again.

I mean i understand stuff like lich of plague or rampage or tornado could potentially become problematic cuz those transformations give you extra stats and stuff, but that is not the case with shroud.

Yeah because 24 seconds Plague Signet stunbreak and conditransfer on DS or Spectral Grasp on 24 seconds with Reaper Shroud that already has a 6 seconds leaps wouldn’t be op at all…. jeez.
Maybe they end up allowing utilities in Shrouds someday, but for the moment just having the cooldowns there would be a huge improvemente to the class.
After 3 years of game, you can’t still pretend that Anet make huge sweeping changes: it just won’t happen before making some previous steps.

~ The light of a new day

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Yeah because 24 seconds Plague Signet stunbreak and conditransfer on DS or Spectral Grasp on 24 seconds with Reaper Shroud that already has a 6 seconds leaps wouldn’t be op at all…. jeez.
Maybe they end up allowing utilities in Shrouds someday, but for the moment just having the cooldowns there would be a huge improvemente to the class.
After 3 years of game, you can’t still pretend that Anet make huge sweeping changes: it just won’t happen before making some previous steps.

Thing is: There is really no difference between casting spectral grasp, popping RS and wreck face and casting spectral grasp while in RS, is there? Especially if gaining LF from spectrals is disabled while in shroud and with shroud degenerating while you wait for spectral grasp to actually hit. As for stunbreaks in DS : Warriors can stunbreak under endure pain, how is that different? Especially with RS auto actually being a DPS loss vs GS or Dagger. Same goes for any other class with blocks or invulns; they all can stunbreak during that time.

If they remove LF gain via Spectrals in shroud (actually, even if they don’t or just reduce it), there really should be no problem, especially if you’d have been better off using them outside of DS/RS and leaving shroud doesn’t change the skills being on CD, now does it.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Note I didn’t say that letting us stunbreak in Shroud would be OP, just that it would be the most impactful change.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Letting us stun break, letting MMs control/summon minions, and allowing us to use LF gaining skills would be a large change to the current situation. I wouldn’t argue that this would be too much, I’m generally for giving players more control, but it would likely require some balancing.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Seeing utility cooldowns while in Death Shroud is really a must, mostly to help newer players. The Necro can be difficult enough to get into without the added difficulty of having to go cooldown-blind half the time.

In terms of using Utility skills while in Death Shroud… that seems dangerous to me, and not necessarily the best design decision. It would be a clear power boost which could potentially require nerfs elsewhere, but it would also remove the main downside of switching into Death Shroud, which gives us even less incentive to periodically expose our bellies, so to speak, by dropping out of it. If they did this, I would expect to see a dramatic increase in DS’s Life Force degeneration rate.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eir Jordan.2156

Eir Jordan.2156

This would be a brilliant change.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aren.9478

Aren.9478

…………………………………………………………………………………….1
…………………………………………………………………………………..11
…………………………………………………………………………………111
……………………………………………………………………………….1111
…………………………………………………………………………….111111
………………………………………………………………………..111111111
…………………………………………………………………1111111111111
……………………………………………………………………………111111
……………………….++++……………………………………………111111
………………………++++…………………………………………….111111
………………++++++++++++……………………………………..111111
………………++++++++++++……………………………………..111111
……………………………………………………………………..111111111111
……………………………………………………………………..111111111111

in Necromancer

Posted by: BlusterWolf.2103

BlusterWolf.2103

I agree on being able to see CD of utilities on shroud, but do not agree on being able to use them cuz that will make shroud form too strong(or not OP but other community will still QQ about this) and devs will likely need to “balance” it out by nerfing shroud form which I believe none of us want that to happen.

Forty Milliseconds…rangers who remember…know…

in Necromancer

Salamander.2504

Dear Dev’s,
Can we get a response on this topic? It would be such a great QoL change to see the cooldowns of our utility skills while in Shroud.

Thanks!

in Necromancer

Posted by: kfcoco.8470

kfcoco.8470

+1 please
It’s so important now we have low cd shouts, especially when fighting groups it’s hard to get an exact read on how many targets you actually hit with your shouts you can’t even accurately countdown.

in Necromancer

Salamander.2504

Dear Dev’s,
Can we get a response on this topic? It would be such a great QoL change to see the cooldowns of our utility skills while in Shroud.

Thanks!