in Necromancer

Posted by: charchar.2149

charchar.2149

+1 agreed we need this.

*Please let us see utilities in Death Shroud*

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blackari.2051

Blackari.2051

Yeah seeing CDs on utilities is the thing i would love to see, but usingthem in DS is bullkitten …. it would be too “OP” and other classes would start QQ about it constantly … aand there we go, another nerf inc.

in Necromancer

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

+1

I cannot believe this is not a thing yet. ArenaNet is hesitant to do this because they don’t want the game to become an “Eyes Glued On Cooldowns” game, but oversimplifying the game to the point where the player is neglected information is even more negative.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Yeah seeing CDs on utilities is the thing i would love to see, but usingthem in DS is bullkitten …. it would be too “OP” and other classes would start QQ about it constantly … aand there we go, another nerf inc.

It wouldn’t be “OP”. It would make necros harder to focus fire, which is a good thing. And probably would actually give us real attrition.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I think there’s a masochistic side of me that kind of likes the fact that I can’t use utilities while in Shroud, because it feels much more like a two-phase fight that I have to plan carefully around. On the other hand, I don’t see a reason (other than technical difficulties due to it being a transform) why we shouldn’t be able to see our cooldowns while in Shroud, at the very least.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Keelan.7498

Keelan.7498

+1

Would love to be able to see the cooldowns.. USING them would be even better, even if it cost a percentage of life force!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Valdorian.2481

Valdorian.2481

Basic feature that should have been here since the start. Can’t have a competitive MMO without basic things such as this.

+1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

would be better for us if ds have its own utilities or even if we could use normal utilities while in ds but for us to be able to see the cooldowns would be good too

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Wow, what a great idea, and with tremendous support, too! You are right Salamander.2504: it is weird that the necro class mechanic prevents necro’s from seeing the cooldowns of their utility skills for a large duration of game-play. I agree with the dashingly handsome original poster that this should be changed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

While we are at it, can we also get some way to see shroud cooldowns outside of it?

Make something like extra bar with 4-5 slots, where we can place our chosen skills to always track their CD, regardless of weapon set/kit we are in. All other classes, especially engi, would also benefit from something like this.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I support this thread idea.

Ideally, it’d also be cool if changing to Death Shroud still allowed the use of utilities, and maybe even powered them up when used, with costing Life Force as well. But even just being able to see the recharges would be great.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Sure, it would be nice if they gave us a visual of what was going on in our specializations while we were in shroud, but the reason we probably won’t get that is that it would be a big advantage. They have to make each class have strengths, but if those strengths become too massive everyone will be playing necro. Personally, I don’t want everyone to play necro. I like the diversity in the game.

My biggest complaint is how slow we are. It is annoying. I am willing to put up with being slow to get all the great attributes that we have. Sure, once in a while you can misjudge the cooldown time and pop out of shroud too soon and die. If your HP is that low you probably would have died either way, because otherwise you could dodge for a second or two and you could deploy whatever it is you were needing. The longer I play necro the more I have a feeling for when it is safe to pop out of shroud. I am not perfect every time, but I think one day it will be really rare to misjudge because practice increases skill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

I don’t know about actually using utilites, but I definitely think being able to see the cooldowns should be a thing.

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elvirais.5472

Elvirais.5472

+1
(wvw player here, it would really help me survive )

I play Guild Wars for WvWvW – Piken Square !
Marush Ifri, Noreena Gorun, Arsaname, Desra Ele…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Maroah.8607

Maroah.8607

+1 definitely!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

+1

+ an extra 5 billion

in Necromancer

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

+1 I agree with this

Parabrezza

in Necromancer

Posted by: Demandred.7930

Demandred.7930

Up you go

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tyriark.7825

Tyriark.7825

+1 agree
Seeing cooldowns of utilities in deathshroud would mean a world’s difference.

Stormbluff Isle
Xaiixmael – 80 Revenant
Tyriark – 80 Reaper, Xytrael – 80 Daredevil, Lythios – 80 Warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tyriark.7825

Tyriark.7825

Sure, it would be nice if they gave us a visual of what was going on in our specializations while we were in shroud, but the reason we probably won’t get that is that it would be a big advantage. They have to make each class have strengths, but if those strengths become too massive everyone will be playing necro. Personally, I don’t want everyone to play necro. I like the diversity in the game.

My biggest complaint is how slow we are. It is annoying. I am willing to put up with being slow to get all the great attributes that we have. Sure, once in a while you can misjudge the cooldown time and pop out of shroud too soon and die. If your HP is that low you probably would have died either way, because otherwise you could dodge for a second or two and you could deploy whatever it is you were needing. The longer I play necro the more I have a feeling for when it is safe to pop out of shroud. I am not perfect every time, but I think one day it will be really rare to misjudge because practice increases skill.

Ironic thing about this is that being slow is definitely intended to be a weakness, but seeing cds in shroud would only lend a qol improvement

Stormbluff Isle
Xaiixmael – 80 Revenant
Tyriark – 80 Reaper, Xytrael – 80 Daredevil, Lythios – 80 Warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

No, Salamander I dont agree; a bit more it is necessary that just see the utilities. We need far much more than that: where is our stability – we get cc’d so easy, where are our elite skills -we have none, where is our mobility, why do we have such high casting times, what is the point of these pitiful minions, where are our merged traits (why are they so poor), why do we keep being nerfed at every step. Do you see a pattern? Has ANET EVER LISTENED TO THE NECROMANCER FORUM? Have they ever changed/reverted/buffed a skill at our request? I for one, don’t see the point of a forum being there. Sorry folks but this is the truth.
You dont believe me? Read someone else’s opinion: http://www.tentonhammer.com/feature/guild-wars-2-are-necromancers-really-so-bad#disqus_thread

The original design behind Death Shroud was to have the necromancer rewind back in time once activated. It was dropped early on due to ArenaNet stating players found it too confusing, but was later implemented with Spectral Walk.

hahahahahahahah……… ._.

in Necromancer

Posted by: BrokenGlass.9356

BrokenGlass.9356

+1

On flip skills in DS: that is a great idea for our next elite spec…

“Wraith” can use utilities at the cost if life force in DS. Spectral skills flip like druid glyphs, gets a set of new utilities "Pacts” only usable in DS, extremely powerful. Traits focus on regaining life force by sacrificing health, while in shroud.

Just spitballin’.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

HELL YES +1000000000

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

if we only had utilites that work like druid glyphs that effect chaneg depends if you in RS or not would be super awesome !

in Necromancer

Posted by: abaker.7694

abaker.7694

+1

being able to see the CD yes – use them in DS no.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

I would also love this, but its been suggested since the beginning of time and Anet has never changed it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

yea its been suggested since launch u can forget about it

in Necromancer

Posted by: umskiptar.5641

umskiptar.5641

you can use utilities in shroud?? I never even tried as they are not shown as available…

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

With that attitude it will never happen. HOPE is required to get change to happen.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Salamander.2504

With that attitude it will never happen. HOPE is required to get change to happen.

Believe!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rivven.5820

Rivven.5820

+1 I Agree, that would be very helpful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Just came back. I still want this and signers (passive) to work in shroud. That’s all. :}

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Logomyego.4068

Logomyego.4068

+1 all the way. This needs to be introduced.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Please let my kittening signet of spite passive work on DS, thx.

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I still don’t get why we can’t just use utilities in shroud. Even if they had to nerf necros, healing in shroud and utilities in shroud would go a long way.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

dooo eeeet

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Salamander.2504

Wow, what a great idea, and with tremendous support, too! You are right Salamander.2504: it is weird that the necro class mechanic prevents necro’s from seeing the cooldowns of their utility skills for a large duration of game-play. I agree with the dashingly handsome original poster that this should be changed.

+1 to you, sir.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akrasia.5469

Akrasia.5469

Well it took 2 years for them to fix Howler so it may not be a lost cause but it’s certainly slow going.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Well it took 2 years for them to fix Howler so it may not be a lost cause but it’s certainly slow going.

Slow is not the word I’d use…

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ChaosSgt.9713

ChaosSgt.9713

By seeing the cooldowns of our utility skills, we can then more strategically use Death Shroud, promoting skilled play/counter-play, and it will help balance the necro as a class.

Bump if you agree!

Edit: You really can help by posting a +1. According to ANet support, “Members of the Development Team read the forums daily…[and reading suggestions] helps them gauge the level of interest in a particular idea,” so lets show that our level of interest is high.

Yes this would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! +1

Tarquin Duskmane / Anna Masovia Piast
Engineer of Ash Legion / Necromancer
Legion of Honour – Guild

(edited by ChaosSgt.9713)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

I always wondered how this would work; mini utility icons above the shroud utilities slots? since i assume the slots will eventually be used for shroud utilities. A display to the side of the screen permanently there? that would help when transformed as well so we can see shroud, weapon and utility skills but that might clutter the screen

Has anyone actually suggested how they would design a visual? Well I have one that would be easy to implement. A visual swap, basically just like weapon swap. It would show in place of the skills you are using at the time but it doesnt actually let you use the skills . They can then allow players to keybind multiple visual swaps. For example:

Visual swap 1- Shift + 1. Shroud
Visual swap 2— Shift + 2. Weapons
Visual Swap 3 — Shift + 3. Utilities

Classes like ele can also assign multiple V swaps for their different attunments since i imagine they have the same problem.

So if you in shroud, you press Shift + 2 and you can see your weapon skills, over the shroud 1 – 5. Press it again and then you cancel the view. The opacity can be much lower than the regular icons (basically a ghostly effect) or a a different colour to clearly show you can’t use them. The bindings of course can be anything, doesnt have to be shift buttons

No clutter, allows people to use it if they want to and works with future upgrades to classes.

Problem solved.

(edited by Ragion.2831)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ChaosSgt.9713

ChaosSgt.9713

I always wondered how this would work; mini utility icons above the shroud utilities slots? since i assume the slots will eventually be used for shroud utilities. A display to the side of the screen permanently there? that would help when transformed as well so we can see shroud, weapon and utility skills but that might clutter the screen

Has anyone actually suggested how they would design a visual? Well I have one that would be easy to implement. A visual swap, basically just like weapon swap. It would show in place of the skills you are using at the time but it doesnt actually let you use the skills . They can then allow players to keybind multiple visual swaps. For example:

Visual swap 1- Shift + 1. Shroud
Visual swap 2— Shift + 2. Weapons
Visual Swap 3 — Shift + 3. Utilities

Classes like ele can also assign multiple V swaps for their different attunments since i imagine they have the same problem.

So if you in shroud, you press Shift + 2 and you can see your weapon skills, over the shroud 1 – 5. Press it again and then you cancel the view. The opacity can be much lower than the regular icons (basically a ghostly effect) or a a different colour to clearly show you can’t use them. The bindings of course can be anything, doesnt have to be shift buttons

No clutter, allows people to use it if they want to and works with future upgrades to classes.

Problem solved.

Nice Idea

Tarquin Duskmane / Anna Masovia Piast
Engineer of Ash Legion / Necromancer
Legion of Honour – Guild

in Necromancer

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

Really, only 7 people want to be able to see utility cooldowns in death shroud?

bumpity

I dont really care to be honest. The more I play my Necro the more I learn to anticipate cooldowns

in Necromancer

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Really, only 7 people want to be able to see utility cooldowns in death shroud?

bumpity

We just go tired and eventually become dead of optimism.

I see what you did there…
Necromancer humor ftw.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

+1 +1 +1 many many +1s

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

make a trait that let us use utilities on ds