Post Your Build Thread

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: ashworth.5763

ashworth.5763

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone can help me improve my build for PvE? any tips are appreciated. thanks
Spite-3-1-2
Curses-3-3-1
Reaper-2-3-2
skills
Your soul is mine
Well of suffering
Signet of spite
You are all weakling/rise
Summon flesh golem
I use zerk gear so power crit and frec
Weapons are two handed sword and axe/focus

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quaman.9167

Quaman.9167

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmWD7kjGo8Gs3GwvGgeTsEMYUXhpwvKKpFAaAxHxlYUE-TpRAwAdOCAkLDA4gA4d/hPXAAOPAAA

Terror build I like to use in pvp. Certainly not the greatest build, but it comes as a surprise to most people I fight. Fear chaining can 100-0 people very quickly, and spectral wall is useful against thieves, which can give a necro a lot of trouble. This build is very weak to power burst and doesn’t have great sustain, so you want to end fights as fast as possible. My favorite combo is staff 2,3,5, fear wall right behind them so they walk into it, Reaper shroud 2 in to 3. After that what I do depends on how the fight is going. At least this build suits my play style more, so it wont be for everyone.

I like video games

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: naturesoul.3578

naturesoul.3578

This build is basicly meant for Raid/PvE Tanking. I call it my Drain Tank.

The link is below, and makes sure to put sigil in editor to 25 charges.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRMQNAR3dnMbCdbid1Au1As3gFqBbKEUBmAxdwRYKUKAMAGWA-ThSGABmdBBA4JFElSlmUWVpaFnv/wiqqMpun8UCa8BRIAwBw8zn8lv8zP/8Xe5lXe5lb5lXe5lXuUABu1C-e
Some highlights, and comments:

Ritual of Life procs off of the revive element off of Transfusion

Life Stealing scales off of Power for the damage element of the attack, and Healing for the health stolen element. Life Stealing is unable to crit, but also bypasses all armor.

I have no less then 2 life steal attacks off of every attack done, but in some cases more like 3 or 4 life steal attacks and also sometimes a volley of leeching bolts in regards to Gravedigger and Soul Spiral thanks to Nightfall. even the minions life steal twice each, except for Bone fiend which life steals 4×. ( twice from vampiric/twice from vampiric presence since its attack is a combination of 2x attacks)

This build has so many ways to mitigate damage between the damage reduction from being in shroud and shammbling horrors, to the insane amount of self healing from life stealing and regeneration, to the high armor rating and protection /resistance boons, not to mention you can have upto 9 minions out in a burst with Rise! shout skill, when paired with trait Necromantic Corruption you become virtually immune to conditions. This build doesn’t so much remove conditions as redirect them to your enemies for some perfectly poetic justice.

This build also has a really nice combo with blighter’s boon+ Unholy Sanctuary+"Your Soul is Mine!" shout skill. Lets say you take lethal damage, but instead of death you pop into shroud, this buys you time to get health pool back up again, and Blighter’s boon is healing you about 200 health every time you get a boon( with sigils of luck and strength that should be constant as flowing water) + you get regeneration while in a shroud, your armor gets stronger( with minions its possible with this build to hit 3400 armor in shroud, so now taking less damage, and life stealing heals through a shroud, so does leeching bolts. so as long as you can survive 30 secs for Unholy Sanctuary’s cooldown you should stay pretty near immortal. when you get full health pop out of shroud again and immediately pop “Your Soul is Mine!” and if up “Rise!” back to back. ….Rinse , repeat.

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cimmerian.8721

Cimmerian.8721

Hello! New player here, started a few days ago. Already halfway to level 80, love the game so far and necromncer is very fun! I have been reading some up on them, and they seem to be holding their own in high end PvE content.

I did a little visit to metabattle, but did not find a build that found all to fun.

Can anyone help me with a build for necro/reaper that use staff? I find staff very fun to use, and maybe a little indication toward what gear I want to use. I know it is probarly not optimal, but I do enjoy the staff gameplay.

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostFallenPoet.1502

FrostFallenPoet.1502

I’ve tested out various aspects of Reaper from Power oriented, Condi oriented and Tank to balances between the three, currently testing out a Tank-Condi build through Trailblazers and so far I’m pretty impressed.
Frailty in WVW particularly was always an issue for me from the perspective that you just know when you start loosing off conditions that every person in the enemy’s team is now gunning for your head, so I’ve circumvented it by running the highest defense build I can muster while popping condis everywhere I can.
This is kind of a build/strat breakdown to show how I approach a fight.

Staff, Scepter/Focus.
Consume Conditions, Rise, Suffer, Signet Of Spite, Chilled to the Bone/Plague Form interchangeable.

Lastability and conditions are where the Reaper/Necro has always shined (imo) so toughness and condi seem like the best choice.
Runes of the Undead gets 7% of your toughness and boosts it into condi damage, Trailblazers gets you expertise for a little extra pressure.
Sigil of Leeching and Doom (always on scepter), Sigil of Corruption, Sigil of Bursting (combined with the runes puts an extra 13% on your current condi output).

Staff, I don’t see how anyone can pass this up really, Putrid Mark combined with Suffer almost guarantees you’re virtually condi free 90% of the time (since condi is basically the lifeblood of the current meta) and you always have Consume Condi’s as backup for the cooldown periods (never forget your Unblockable Marks trait guys, you’ll need it for Mesmers especially to transfer their conditions).
Scepter and Focus cause condi for days, you have to make up for that loss of power so condi pressure is the way to do that.

Start on your Staff with Reaper’s Mark to fear them a little and give you enough time to switch weaps to trigger your sigils, open Scepter/Focus with Spinal Shivers to continue to slow them down, bearing in mind that you can also inflict 8 sec of poison thanks to Sigil of Doom, follow with skill 4 (I forget the name, Reapers Touch?) to smash out vulnerability, Skill 2 to start the bleed process and cripple if your initial chill is running down to ensure they keep losing mobility then FOC to stack on the torment.
By this point they’re probably going to use Cleansing Fire or something to that effect so as soon as they do, launch off the Signet of Spite and Suffer then start ripping off any boons with autos while re-stacking Bleed and Poison.

The bonus of this is that in team situations you’re always in a position to support your fellow tanks and heavy hitters by keeping condi pressure on your opponents.
I can’t count the amount of times we’ve come out ontop in a defense heavy situation by laying condis all over the show (since most groups I’ve noticed, tend to disperse to deal with conditions) to give my team the opening it needs to go down while they’re on the run and wipe them out.
1v1 you’ll need to play smart and keep those condi stacks up cause you don’t have much in the way of power and virtually no crit to fall back on.

Side-note, Death Magic is a biggie in boosting your defense outright with Corrupter’s Fervor and Flesh of the Master I think it is, boosting “Rise” to ensure you get the most out of that one minion skill (50% damage reduction on a Tank build is just obscene, but so much fun).

I’m still testing and tweaking, I’ve also made another Reaper to try out a few might/crit builds just to hop onto the more aggressive side of the scale.
What can I say? I love the versatility this class offers ^^

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chill.9485

Chill.9485

MELEE REAPER:

Stats: gear(exotic for now) – berserk
Rings (asc) – berserk
Amulet (asc) – commander
earrings (asc)- cavalier
back – cavalier

Rune set: Scholar
Sigils: GS – Air/ bloodlust
Staff – Bloodlust/ energy

Traits:
Spite – bitter chill – Rending shroud – close to death

Soul reaping – Unyielding blast – vital persistence – death perception

Reaper – Relentless pursuit – Decimate defenses – blighter’s boon.

Greatsword:

(group):Chilled to the bone! 1 (complete), 3 then 2
(solo): Chilled to the bone! 4, 3, 2 then 1 (complete or untill 3 recharges then 2 agan) just spam 3 and 2 combo when possible.

Reaper rotation: (this is for solo, for group just take 4 out of the rotation)

As soon as you hit max life force switch to reaper:
Simply spam 1 untill you’re only getting crits then 5, 4, 2 and keep spamming 1 untill 2 or 5 are free. When you get to about 25% LF switch back to normal and spam staff marks and GS 4,3 then 2. When you get your LF back up switch to reaper and start again.

staff: I only use it if I need to scape, cc or in ripper rotation.

Scape:
Run spam staff 5, dodge then 4 run, turn reaper hit 2 turn staff before it ends, dodge and keep running.

CC: start with staff 2 then 5 and 4 – 3 if you need condi removal. Spam 2 when possible inside the melee.

Brief explanation: This build revolves around the idea of 100% crit chance and +200 crit damange.

With this you should have around 2.5k strengh, 2.2k – 2.4k armor +34% crit change and +200% crit damange.

Crit chance: 34% base + death perception (reaper form) 50%= 84% + a few vulneravility stacks from Decimate defenses and you hit 100%.

Why I took “blighter’s boon” instead of the others?

It works better for me: recharges your hp when in reaper and I spend most of the combat on reaper form. Also scholar gives +10% extra damange when above 90% health.

With this build you can basicaly ignore anyone’s defenses when solo take on bosses on your own and help to keep up with the group’s DPS with vulneravility stacks and chills. And it’s just cool to watch somebody’s hp melt like butter :P

Cheers!

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: MisterWonka.8796

MisterWonka.8796

Hey guys! I just kittened around with the previous meta build and would appreciate some opinions either via PM or on the metabattle discussion page.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Wonkamancer_Apr16

y u no want chocolate

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: grey dozer.9752

grey dozer.9752

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmOD7kZTocTsnGwbTgeTs8LYQJtAwHI+I+EriUbhvQUA-TFCEABHcRA6Q3gd7PIoSQtU+lwRAAgHAAmq/8N4AwKqoiKqoCFQADPcASB4nyI-w

I’m very new to necro, went straight to reaper after using the insta-80 booster, since then, after a few adjustments, I’ve found this build is a lovely mixture of everything I need to play in both PvE and WvW with little or no adjustment.

The sustain is very good, reaper shroud with the might sigil and I often see 25 stacks of might solo, which makes up for the dmg, I’ve yet to get ascended gloves, helm, boots and shoulders, but this is the end result I’ll use until I can get better items.

Trev

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

My general PvE build. Keeps me alive very well, lets me run around playing and doing whatever’s around without too much fear of being downed, and having fun

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRUQNAW4djM0Gaapt02Ubqxr2VD7t/2B1QJDgBYYnhQF0B0SoGOBA-TRkAQBCwEzEOAC3xMwTWQUaUl9D4zFAgF6GciysNcEAcwDCQmKBBgpBNcQAahGmdo+zCOABV4ACEAABggEDA-e

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: blisteren.8056

blisteren.8056

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Beginner’s low-cost power build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQRBHbhG2IDthmmaLtd1massd1we7vdULUyfIICY6YMHlBMBCgZA-TRzBABAu/QGHMAW0gowJA4Azf1o+jFKBB4AEYi+DBeAAFp8jhjgAEHQABBEP-e

Build characteristics / goals

• Minion Master base utilities will help learn 3 key minion skills while minions hold aggro and provide a minimum dps. Two minions provide ranged damage while the others are melee.
  • Plenty of movement bonus to ease mapping new areas
  • Inexpensive runes, sigils, and trinkets for low investment costs
  • Blend of Berserker’s and Valkyrie’s stat’s for decent dps while providing increased health and Life Force pools.
  • Soul Reaping traits chosen to demonstrate and train Death Shroud use
  • Weapons chosen to support rapid Life Force pool refill and provide practice in doing so
  • Inexpensive power-food Bowl of Eggplant Sautee gives might on kill, ferocity, and 10% experience bonus while training new players to continually maintain consumables.

Note 1: Utility consumable not chosen – Player should choose mob-type utility consumable for low cost and significant dps improvement and experience. For example, a Potent Potion of Dredge Slaying sells for just a few copper but improves dps by 9%, reduces incoming damage by 8%, and gives an extra 10% experience

Note 2: New players are encouraged to join a guild for material harvesting points and free guild potions providing important boosts to new players such as a karma boost or gathering boost.

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Beginner’s low-cost condition damage build using the L80 boost

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQRBLRhG2IHthmubLtN3ma8qd1we7vdYMUzUYBeB5QH0Fd8nDgtF-TRTAABMt/AAPAAJOACPY+hijAALaIs4AC8xBCwgTQQoq/Ij+lOOIARp8TMArB-e

Build characteristics / goals

• Rabid equipment comes free with the level 80 boost for minimal entry cost
  • Traits selected are conservative to provide continuous healing while new players learn to kite with scepter
  • Master of Corruption and corruption skills help new players learn to manage conditions
  • Minions may draw aggro and provide a minimum power-based dps
  • Movement bonus based on dagger trait to ease mapping new areas
  • Inexpensive runes and sigils for low investment costs
  • Build is designed to leverage high toughness
  • Inexpensive Tarragon Stufed Poultry leverages toughness to add vitality, and 10% experience bonus while training new players to continually maintain consumables.

Note 1: Utility consumable not chosen – Player should choose mob-type utility consumable for low cost and significant dps improvement and experience. For example, a Potent Potion of Dredge Slaying sells for just a few copper but improves dps by 9%, reduces incoming damage by 8%, and gives an extra 10% experience

Note 2: New players are encouraged to join a guild for material harvesting points and free guild potions providing important boosts to new players such as a karma boost or gathering boost.

Note 3: Warning, high toughness draws aggro!

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Okami.7049

Okami.7049

My Power Necro Build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhF6kZTobTs2GwcTgeTs8LYxHxo4VEKpFA+AUPhvQwC-TxRBABUcKAA4JAgn+AKV/BLlf0s/wiKB/GQAMIIEAWr1ataIEChAA-e

I originally ran Blighter’s Boon since your Shroud Autos apply Might which in turn is a consistant heal but now that I run Dagger I have the lifesteal from Dagger 2 and my Heal Utility (along with all of my other Shouts) for sustain. The key focus on my build is to maximize Vulnerability stacks and to keep them that way (so long as I’m on the offensive). Since I’m running Decimate Defenses, having max Vulnerability stacks equates to 50% Crit Chance on top of my base 44%, which essentially means both in and out of Shroud Crits will be constant.

As for Utilities, ‘Your Soul Is Mine’ is by far the best healing Utility available right now, with it granting both healing, lifesteal AND lifeforce regen (and it’s even more potent when surrounded by enemies) with a low CD. ‘Rise!’ is there to be used alongside Spectral Armor for defensive purposes (and lifeforce regen from SA) since you take 33% less damage when the minions are attacking and an additional 33% less damage from Spectral Armor. ‘Suffer!’ is there for Condition removal, since we don’t have any other way to remove Condis and we lifesteal off of it so even if you’re only able to remove 1 of 3 Condis you still get a heal out of it (and the more enemies you can hit with it at once the more Condis you remove). ‘Chilled To The Bone!’ has been commonly referred to as ‘terrible’ but I find it perfect for a Power build simply because it hits decently hard, has a Stun, inflicts Chill (which also inflicts Vulnerability thanks to our Spite Trait) and lifesteals. It’s the perfect Break Bar destroyer (with a CD of about a minute) when coupled with Warhorn 4 and all of the Shroud skills (except Shroud 2).

As far as lifeforce regen is concerned, which is key considering this build centers entirely around Shroud, Warhorn 5 and Dagger autos are the best way to do so. Warhorn 5 rewards you for being up close while Dagger autos regen quite a big of lifeforce per chain. Greatsword also has some nice lifeforce regen but has a much slower dps, however I use it mainly for combos rather than as a main weapon. GS 4, 5, 3, rotate, WH 4, DG 3, WH 5, DG autos is a solid rotation for me and typically refills my lifeforce to around (if not more) than half while not having to worry about taking damage. The only downside to this build is when dealing with swarms, which you have to rely on Shroud for (which I don’t typically like to do because I want to save Shroud for more serious fights whenever possible) or your Greatsword autos. Dagger/Warhorn can take on swarms but you’ll be taking some nasty hits due to the fact that Dagger only has a cleave on the last auto and Warhorn is pretty much all CC (along with Dagger 3).

This is what I’ve been using, been doing be pretty well and when I’m at max Might stacks my Crits practically one-shot anything and everything in my path (that isn’t a Boss/Mini-Boss). Crit Damage at max stacks is a little over 7k which isn’t bad at all considering Necro’s core purpose is self-sustenance. I’ve tried going the popular ‘meta’ Condi Build but that’s just no fun to and quite boring, but if you wish to play Ranged then I highly recommend looking into the many different types of Condi-builds out there. Just be sure to stick with your playstyle and don’t let others dictate how you play or what you ‘have’ to get lol

(Edit: This is a PvE build, for the record. I do not PvP nor do I WvW)

~ Death Is Not The Greatest Loss In Life, The Greatest Loss Is What Dies Inside Us While We Live. ~

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Toll Booth Willie.6723

Toll Booth Willie.6723

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHbhG2IHN0Zj12gjNwhjjahSOEj9ZDTgAoBojxdUtA-TpQOgAA7PAXGAA

This is what i have been playing around with as of late. I’ve swapped out amulets for destroyer and marauder for different flavors. I finally decided to go full stop with the Zerker because I’m already a walking target so may as well make it hurt as much i can when I can. I’ll even run minions from time to time but i never really got in for that style. I doubt it’s close to any sort of ideal but I’ve been having fun with it.

Sick Leg – Asura Necro
“The state charges a dollar-twenty five pop.”

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: PSILO.4068

PSILO.4068

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHhtG1IJN0Tjt0gNNwejllBLeGmD3hU3gjQOY6DEAeBA-TJRGABLcSAEvMAAPBgO2fAA

I came up with this one the other day and have been having some pretty good luck with it. Thoughts?

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ends.9264

Ends.9264

My WvW Power Necromancer(Reaper)

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nex.3782

Nex.3782

Love seeing all these really great builds! This one has been mentioned, but I thought I’d share my rendition of it. The HEALING REAPER, very potent burst heals and amazing sustain! I roll all minstrel’s and still do about 4k DPS solo with minion backup and vuln stacking.
Video walkthrough: https://youtu.be/iUgxeGUzJsA
Skills only: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW3dnM0AN1gt1AebCs3gFqBTKAMASZTrsW2EIuDOCbhA-TBSCQBVZ/B7p7xiK/Mo6PR4iAQgHAAAOCAlUJYAgDg3fP37ewxHf8xHfcHf8xHf8xBA-e

I get a lot of questions about why I pick blood fiend, but it’s only a preference, Well of Blood is definitely better team support! So don’t freak out.

P.S. If you guys are interested in sharing builds or necro theory crafting, message my in game for an invite to the no-rep guild Necromancy Supremacy [NS]. The guild is just about doing exactly what this thread is about: sharing builds without elitist/meta trash talking, theory crafting, necro style sharing, and occasionally doing all-necro events.

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nimb.6794

Nimb.6794

Can anyone recommend a good build for solo PvE stuff? I just hit 80 and unlocked my elite spec but I can’t find any build guides not a year or more out of date….