Potential leak of 6/25 changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Except there are many things, such as lyssa runes and guardian shouts, that apply more than 5 boons at the same time. So unless there is a prioritization system, or they are not truly applied at the same time (but in order with a tiny separation), then it is down to RNG as to which 5 you actually take.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

If Spec wall gets this change [lets face it, everyone will be using it if it does], then we also get some access to confusion + chaos armour using the staff

Necro with confusion would be op, but they would be the worst Necro class ever.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Besides no help for healing power / siphon, and no help for Blood Magic, what makes me think these notes might be fake is Anet specifically mentioned aiding the Necro via shorter cast times, and noted how this was a big problem holding the profession back in terms of attrition and being able to sustain in a fight when everyone can kick us around and interrupt so many of our skills.

But I see no cast time reductions, actually a couple increases.

Something like Enfeebling Blood is direly in need of a shorter cast time. Reaper’s Touch is also too long to be very skill reactive.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

They mentioned a lot, and there was no way they could accurately do all the changes at once, without taking a big risk of overdoing it. Right now, this is already a ton of changes; much more and it is very difficult to anticipate the fallout.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Besides no help for healing power / siphon, and no help for Blood Magic, what makes me think these notes might be fake is Anet specifically mentioned aiding the Necro via shorter cast times, and noted how this was a big problem holding the profession back in terms of attrition and being able to sustain in a fight when everyone can kick us around and interrupt so many of our skills.

I see no cast time reductions, actually a couple increases.

Something like Enfeebling Blood is direly in need of a shorter cast time. Reaper’s Touch is also too long to be very skill reactive.

Spinal Shivers still has a ridiculous cast for a boon rip
Minions will die in AOE still in 4 seconds, because MM is “good at 1v1” (which will be outshined by wells likely after the patch even, and are useless in JUST about everything else already)
Horn daze still 1/2 sec cast which makes it hard as a reliable interrupt based on any skill factors.
No Blood buffs
No change to Greater Marks (either merged with master or become baseline)
MM is still bloated (all over the place and too many traits)
Still 2 death magic Grand Masters
No healing/REzing/Stomping in DS
Apparently it’ll be ok to have 60% uptime stability with Soul Reaping

I’m not sure what they’re really wanting to come from this, they’re pushing one of the least used specs even further into the water, while not fixing what they said they would, and making some other stuff seemingly OP, which will make the class as a whole look “way too good”. I’m nearing my end here. The bug fix patch barely fixed anything, they wanted to add more options, and are almost single handedly killing off one of the options alone.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

As far as the minions go, it’s good those two regen out of combat, and this is very helpful for the bone fiend, but utterly useless for shadow fiend because it does not address the main issue of it- being that it dies in a few hits in melee range and it’s active skill is garbage. Putting a few extra seconds on that skill does absolutely nothing. But I’m beating a dead horse at this point, already put up a few threads for fresh ideas on it.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

If Spec wall gets this change [lets face it, everyone will be using it if it does], then we also get some access to confusion + chaos armour using the staff

Necro with confusion would be op, but they would be the worst Necro class ever.

Umm…maybe I’m just dreaming it, but we can already do this….have been able to for a while but it’s unreliable for the confusion due to the 20% chance on staff auto. Easy to get chaos armor with the mark though. Just as easy to do it with the minions (combo delay aside) and the minions always projectile finish so you can stack confusion that way. Just saying.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

Im saying aplying confusion directly ofc… But anyway, this Necro compared to GW Necro is so kitteny.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

So basicly… its a Burn that procs of critical hits and deals condition damage, but is in our power tree. Not our condition/critical chance tree…

Mind=Blown

We get Power and what from that tree? Hmm? Go on. Check.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mons.1386

mons.1386

Nemesis,
The fact that they want to had deathly perception shows that you need precision if you go in a power soul reaping build.

Now,about DS 1 being the “auto attack”,funny,you need to fill DS,ds decays and the longer you’re in the lesser it hits.So ? You will use it 15 % of the time?
Of course,you don’t need DS for anything else than spamming 1…You don’t care about survivibility…You’re a glass canon,you will kill everyone with your one target attack within 5s.
May be you don’t have any problem to fill DS ?That’s probably the reason why they decided to make it much faster in the NEXT patch.You’re so good.
Then ,everyone knows,it is obvious that the necromancer was created to be a great dps canon class,not these warriors or thieves etc.The necro was built to be a glass canon using DS 1 and everyone should have done this…How stupide so many people were not to notice it.Guardian is the best class to spray conditions too,isn’t it?
Indeed,you don’t need that patch ,do you ? Since you’re build and idea were already ruling…
Please go on doing videos where you say to the people:
-If you want to heal--> take healing traits and healing power.
-If you want to apply conditions--> take alteration power.
-If you want to be a minion master—> use minions.
-Etc…
It is so usefull.
So please,stop laughing and if you want to see big numbers,play something else than necromancer,you sound frustrated…

You get a little bit too big-headed for me.

(edited by mons.1386)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Just went sPVPing with my necro after not doing so for awhile, and I have to say I’m not sure all of these changes would really save the Necromancer. It seems like it is just bringing us on par with other classes as far as skill use, while not actually letting necromancers exceed.

The biggest problem I’m encountering now is that, with such a high emphasis on evasion, I can never hit anything. This isn’t a problem for my engineer or my thief, however, who seem to be able to control and/or spike down people just fine. But I"m having a ton of problems with my necromancer now.

It took some thinking, and then I’m reminded of something said once by a dev somewhere (could’ve been on the State of the Game) that there are plans to reduce the cast times for necromancer skills. I think that this might be one of our bigger weaknesses at the moment. Even on my MM build, I could rarely ever hit anything, and that build is actually control heavy:

Dagger #3 has a long activation time that is ended when the target goes behind the player.
Warhorn 4 also has a somewhat lengthy activation time: It is a stun that isn’t immediate.
DS #2 is a slow flying projectile with a long activation time that almost always misses.
Focus #5 also has a lengthy activation time.
The activation time for Flesh Golem’s charge seems to be even longer now. Not sure if they changed that or if it was a change in meta that emphasizes this.
Epidemic: also has a really long and obvious cast time.
Dagger #2, Axe #2, DS # 4 are all channel skills that get interrupted easily.
Life Blast has a really long activation time.

While fighting a bunch of rangers and engineers and mesmers, I spent a third of the time stunned, a third of the time missing, and the last third of my time wonder why my skills weren’t working for some reason. I couldn’t accomplish anything because my controls wouldn’t hit, and when they did hit it was like they didn’t do anything at all. The cast times on Necromancer skills are so large that even this list of buffs won’t compensate for them. You can never get a shot off anyway.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

(edited by Blood Red Arachnid.2493)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

Well the list kind of doesn’t really address any of the core problems, heh.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Has no one noticed the death shroud 5 is neither named the same as said or does what they say it will?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

I noticed the dev blog saying that DS#5 will send conditionS, the patch notes only say torment.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Has no one noticed the death shroud 5 is neither named the same as said or does what they say it will?

If the patch notes are correct they are most likely an early draft which would mean some things wont appear on the actual notes because they were scrapped or postponed, some other things not mentioned might appear and some things might be changed or redesigned. Also that could be the underwater version of DS #5.

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

The best part would be when things that are not mentioned on this list appear, heh. The things on this list are kind of a mess anyway. Like someone already said, it looks like a list of gathered suggestions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

this is either outdated or fake. Considering that the devs talked about majorly overhauling the blood trait in an interview and that this doesn’t seem to show any significant changes to blood and the fact that they talked about not just tacking on a new skill to death shroud but completely reworking it, I’m afraid I can’t believe this is real.

in Necromancer

Posted by: FearSeven.6357

FearSeven.6357

I noticed the dev blog saying that DS#5 will send conditionS, the patch notes only say torment.

Torment + Immobilized = conditionS

If the patchnotes were fake and complete BS we would have heard an official message by now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I’m not sure. If they denied the notes, when they release the patch and some things are similar people will rage. Can’t win. Better for everyone (especially when this close to patch) if they just let people find out themselves.

in Necromancer

Posted by: FearSeven.6357

FearSeven.6357

I’m not sure. If they denied the notes, when they release the patch and some things are similar people will rage. Can’t win. Better for everyone (especially when this close to patch) if they just let people find out themselves.

If someone made this up, than at least 95% would be incorrect, reason enough to close the discussion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Dhuumfire……….

idc, that name sounds so dumb. I don’t think a god’s name would appear on a class’ skill, because not all race in gw2 believe in the gods. Especially that’s a fallen god.

All of the gods actually exist in the game. All the races know the human gods exist, however, they don’t all acknowledge them as being the masters of the world. (hell, you interact with [spoiler] a reaper of grenth in story mode[/spoiler]

For example: The charr mention how melandru morphed the land before them. That doesn’t mean they worship her though.

On top of all of this, there’s a sword named after dhuum.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Nobody mentioned the “Death Nova deals damage”.

Assuming those changes are real, why none see the potential of this change?
Minionmaster will be way more viable and spending 30 points into Death Magic will be truly worth it. Even Reanimator now has its value!
AoE on minions isn’t a good idea anymore.

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

We don’t know how much damage though, so it’s pointless to speculate on that until we do.

Also on a random note, Anet repeatedly said that DS is supposed to be like a regular transform – so no utilities, and why they removed the weapon swapping. There is one rather useful thing however, that every other transform in the game has. The cool down for other transforms start when you go into them, DS’s CD starts once you leave. Now wouldn’t that be something nice for us to have?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

All of the gods actually exist in the game. All the races know the human gods exist, however, they don’t all acknowledge them as being the masters of the world. (hell, you interact with [spoiler] a reaper of grenth in story mode[/spoiler]

For example: The charr mention how melandru morphed the land before them. That doesn’t mean they worship her though.

On top of all of this, there’s a sword named after dhuum.

Not only that but Dhuum wasnt really a nice guy, all races know humans helped/were helping to lock him up every few years and is kinda the reason why friendly neighbourhood rapper Shady B is up (and other beasts close to weak spots/rifts to the mists), turning newbies into fanboys (instakill bling drop) and just annoying the regulars (yay a wasp hit me for more damage!).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Assuming the notes are correct this is most likely an early draft and missing alot of context on skills such as;

• What movement Torment procs off (range/ general).
  • Number of targets that can be proc’d by Fear off Spectral Wall.
  • If Corrupt Boon prioritizes boons, strips first 5 applied or completely random.

“Death shroud: New ability #5 – Dark Binding: You tether all enemies within a 600 range, constantly dealing Torment to them over time. At the end of the cast, Dark Binding immobilizes all affected enemies still within the radius.”

Reading Dark Bindings effect and taking an educated guess, i would say Dark Bindings works similar to Symbol of Wrath. It will cause 1 second of Torment to everyone in 600 range every second for its duration and them immobilize at the end of its cast. It sounds like it will be a movable channel skill similar to Life Transfer.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Nobody mentioned the “Death Nova deals damage”.

Assuming those changes are real, why none see the potential of this change?
Minionmaster will be way more viable and spending 30 points into Death Magic will be truly worth it. Even Reanimator now has its value!
AoE on minions isn’t a good idea anymore.

Depends 100% on how strong Death Nova is. It will need to do a decent amount of damage to become an actual AoE threat.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

We don’t know how much damage though, so it’s pointless to speculate on that until we do.

Also on a random note, Anet repeatedly said that DS is supposed to be like a regular transform – so no utilities, and why they removed the weapon swapping. There is one rather useful thing however, that every other transform in the game has. The cool down for other transforms start when you go into them, DS’s CD starts once you leave. Now wouldn’t that be something nice for us to have?

I actually just found out that DS’s recharge does start ticking down as soon as you enter it. But if you leave it voluntarily, it resets again to 10 seconds. However, if degen / damage kicks you out, the recharge timer doesn’t go back to 10: it just winds down the way it was already ticking down.

Still, maybe we’ll get lucky and they’ll remove the recharge reset thing. I don’t know all the gameplay implications that has, just yet.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Depends 100% on how strong Death Nova is. It will need to do a decent amount of damage to become an actual AoE threat.

It had better work on those minions summoned by Lich Form as well. Because I am kind of getting tired of all the necro skill synergies that never work.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Necromancer

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

I dont know what they will really toss at us but i wouldnt surprised if it was just

Necromancer:
minor cosmetic change on the tooltip of Necrotic Grasp

Or something similar not affecting anything other than your sanity.
Leave the guesswork for the “WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!!!” part,grab some sleep and maybe some beers and wait to read the actuall list.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

It had better work on those minions summoned by Lich Form as well. Because I am kind of getting tired of all the necro skill synergies that never work.

As far as I know, everything works for Jagged Horrors. Death Nova makes Mark of Horror absolutely hilarious.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

I actually just found out that DS’s recharge does start ticking down as soon as you enter it. But if you leave it voluntarily, it resets again to 10 seconds. However, if degen / damage kicks you out, the recharge timer doesn’t go back to 10: it just winds down the way it was already ticking down.

Still, maybe we’ll get lucky and they’ll remove the recharge reset thing. I don’t know all the gameplay implications that has, just yet.

Yeah I saw that thread, but other transforms won’t ‘reset’ the CD if you leave early, so presumably exit DS is coded to set a full CD when activated, so for consistency if nothing else, it would be nice if that was changed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

As far as I know, everything works for Jagged Horrors. Death Nova makes Mark of Horror absolutely hilarious.

My marks + MM necro build i played around with was hilarious in lich form, going into lich form, and then once all 10 of the summoned minions went away just caused an apocalypse of poison clouds, was awesome.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I dont know what they will really toss at us but i wouldnt surprised if it was just

Necromancer:
minor cosmetic change on the tooltip of Necrotic Grasp

Or something similar not affecting anything other than your sanity.
Leave the guesswork for the “WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!!!” part,grab some sleep and maybe some beers and wait to read the actuall list.

Well, we know from the official release that Torment is being added to the Necro’s repertoire this patch, as well as a DS#5. We also know from the SotG that every Trait line in the game is being touched, so for this patch at least, the Necro will certainly not be passed over.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If nothing else, I’m loving the fact that Bone Fiend and Shadow Fiend now regenerate outside of combat. Now if only the Blood Fiend and Bone Minions regenerated too… (I can always blow them up and replace them though, so it’s not a big deal.)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

And all I see is a QQ here, and a QQ there… QQ QQ QQ everywhere… You do the QQ QQ and you QQ around, that is what’s all about!

Oh, and Iceflame, even if they made the spectral wall like that, I would still take wells over it. For starters, if you want fear to do damage, you need to trait it, and I would prefer traiting DS over it. Second of all, if it can be dodged, then it will only work if you bomb them. Third of all, cleansing condition removes fear, but it doesn’t make people stand from being knocked down (which the guardian wall does).

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

And all I see is a QQ here, and a QQ there… QQ QQ QQ everywhere… You do the QQ QQ and you QQ around, that is what’s all about!

Oh, and Iceflame, even if they made the spectral wall like that, I would still take wells over it. For starters, if you want fear to do damage, you need to trait it, and I would prefer traiting DS over it. Second of all, if it can be dodged, then it will only work if you bomb them. Third of all, cleansing condition removes fear, but it doesn’t make people stand from being knocked down (which the guardian wall does).

How is there not to be QQ in a state like this? I just feel like a fear duration+terror build is fairly powerful and if you can fit a fully traited wall which would fear people every time they pass through that would be very strong in itself and in conjunction with terror would be super amazing. I also thought burning with bleeds on top of terror would melt a lot of faces but lately I get reminded of the way this game works currently with all those invis/evades/invuln/clones and other stuff. If we take that into account then we have a long way to go before we are actually OP, heh. Stuff gets nerfed even if it’s not OP when people whine enough about it anyway. A wall like this would definitely get a lot of attention.

in Necromancer

Azraeel.1238

How is there not to be QQ in a state like this? I just feel like a fear duration+terror build is fairly powerful and if you can fit a fully traited wall which would fear people every time they pass through that would be very strong in itself and in conjunction with terror would be super amazing. I also thought burning with bleeds on top of terror would melt a lot of faces but lately I get reminded of the way this game works currently with all those invis/evades/invuln/clones and other stuff. If we take that into account then we have a long way to go before we are actually OP, heh. Stuff gets nerfed even if it’s not OP when people whine enough about it anyway. A wall like this would definitely get a lot of attention.

Put everything you have to trait the wall, just to end up getting dodged in the end. Yeah, sounds OP.

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

Azraeel you don’t seem to be looking at the bigger picture.

It’s gonna have a 16 second duration? On top of the fear it’s an ethereal combo field, it’s an unlimited source of protection for the whole team during those 16 seconds(as in if your protection gets stolen or cleansed or converted you just touch the wall again). You’d be able to kite people around even if it gets dodged, you could also fear people into it. It would be a supreme utility. It would be very effective for the whole team and the level of annoyance for your opponent would be extremely high. Being chased? Just go to a choke point, put a wall and juke people with it. They dodged through it? Go back through the wall, dodged again? Cross the wall again. Seriously it would be a melee’s worst nightmare.

Your “everything you have to trait the wall” insight is puzzling, you only need 20 into curses and 10 into soul reaping to fully trait the wall, then you just take spectral walk + spectral wall. A lot of condi builds tend to have 20 into curses and 10 into SR so it wouldn’t be a problem even if you’d have to sacrifice something for a supreme wall like that.

Edit: Grammar and omg, I’ve made a your/you’re mistake…..

(edited by Iceflame.5024)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

im worried about how long this will all take to download, if this is the changes for 1 of the 8 classes… could be an all nighter!

this is of course assuming that this isnt just bs. which I highly suspect it is.

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

im worried about how long this will all take to download, if this is the changes for 1 of the 8 classes… could be an all nighter!

this is of course assuming that this isnt just bs. which I highly suspect it is.

I have awesome internet, so it’ll probably only be a few minutes-half an hour for me. My friend though, whose internet is apparently routed through half shut down Soviet-era internet servers, would probably take a week to update by the looks of it.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: shizo.5698

shizo.5698

Sooo, by the looks of it… necromancer beta will end this week?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Granted, there is arguably more a necro can do with burning, but still this annoys me…

New Grandmaster trait – Dhuumfire: Inflict burning to opponents for 4 seconds on critical hit. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds.
Compared to the Engineer
Adept trait – Incendiary Powder: 100% chance to inflict burning for 4 seconds on critical hits. This effect can only trigger once every 10 seconds.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Granted, there is arguably more a necro can do with burning, but still this annoys me…

New Grandmaster trait – Dhuumfire: Inflict burning to opponents for 4 seconds on critical hit. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds.
Compared to the Engineer
Adept trait – Incendiary Powder: 100% chance to inflict burning for 4 seconds on critical hits. This effect can only trigger once every 10 seconds.

Remember that different classes have different balances. Condition damage Necromancers are still pretty strong (at least AoE) without burning, whereas condition Engineers would be (to my knowledge, please correct me if I am wrong) completely irrelevant without burning.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Compared to the Engineer

Engineers use bombs, grenades, pistols and rifles. Its kind of self explanatory why they get access to burning quicker & more so then Necromancers.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Compared to the Engineer

Engineers use bombs, grenades, pistols and rifles. Its kind of self explanatory why they get access to burning quicker & more so then Necromancers.

Self explanatory for lore, perhaps, but not so much for mechanics. I’m not saying they should both be adept, but a 20 pt. difference is excessive if you ask me. I could see it being a Master trait for Necro and Adept for Engi.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Saying that conditions are more powerful on Necros than on Engineers just because we are Necros is bullcrap.

Being a Necro doesn’t give you some passive increase to condition damage, doesn’t make condition removal harder or anything else we just have a more popular condition build because news-flash, we have no outstanding builds.

And please don’t defend it by bringing up epidemic, that is no excuse for such a weak GM trait. It’s probably objectively worse than close to death since the increase in scepter auto-attack damage for a conditionmancer would probably deal more damage to a target than burning.
Besides everything else, condition damage is never reliable because it can be cleansed and then you’d have to wait 10 seconds to try and crit for another application of burning.
Also, having an internal cooldown means we can only apply burning on one target every 10 seconds.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Saying that conditions are more powerful on Necros than on Engineers just because we are Necros is bullcrap.

Being a Necro doesn’t give you some passive increase to condition damage, doesn’t make condition removal harder or anything else we just have a more popular condition build because news-flash, we have no outstanding builds.

And please don’t defend it by bringing up epidemic, that is no excuse for such a weak GM trait. It’s probably objectively worse than close to death since the increase in scepter auto-attack damage for a conditionmancer would probably deal more damage to a target than burning.
Besides everything else, condition damage is never reliable because it can be cleansed and then you’d have to wait 10 seconds to try and crit for another application of burning.
Also, having an internal cooldown means we can only apply burning on one target every 10 seconds.

Come on, you are forgetting the secret Necromancer passive: “Necromancers are better at conditions, because ArenaNet says we are supposed to be.”

But seriously, look at the conditions that a condi engi puts out, the duration/stacks/uptime of them. Their offensive conditions are fine, in fact if they go for certain setups it is arguably better. But they don’t have the same defensive conditions, and sheer condi output (on way higher durations) that Necromancers do.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Come on, you are forgetting the secret Necromancer passive: “Necromancers are better at conditions, because ArenaNet says we are supposed to be.”

But seriously, look at the conditions that a condi engi puts out, the duration/stacks/uptime of them. Their offensive conditions are fine, in fact if they go for certain setups it is arguably better. But they don’t have the same defensive conditions, and sheer condi output (on way higher durations) that Necromancers do.

I disagree. I think Engineers have a higher condition output, especially since they also have confusion in the mix. Combined with the crazy might stacking they can achieve, I believe Engineers do have better condition pressure than us for small skirmishes.

I agree that Engineers have less cripple/chill/blindness than us, but they do have lots of invulnerability/blocks/stealth.

The trait would be perfectly fine if it wasn’t a GM master on the same slot as close to death, that’s what I think is an issue.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sad Rabbit.9174

Sad Rabbit.9174

I disagree. I think Engineers have a higher condition output, especially since they also have confusion in the mix. Combined with the crazy might stacking they can achieve, I believe Engineers do have better condition pressure than us for small skirmishes.

I agree that Engineers have less cripple/chill/blindness than us, but they do have lots of invulnerability/blocks/stealth.

The trait would be perfectly fine if it wasn’t a GM master on the same slot as close to death, that’s what I think is an issue.

On the other hand, engineers don’t have terror and they wont have torment. We’ll just have to see how strong DS5 is.

in Necromancer

Azraeel.1238

Azraeel you don’t seem to be looking at the bigger picture.

It’s gonna have a 16 second duration? On top of the fear it’s an ethereal combo field, it’s an unlimited source of protection for the whole team during those 16 seconds(as in if your protection gets stolen or cleansed or converted you just touch the wall again). You’d be able to kite people around even if it gets dodged, you could also fear people into it. It would be a supreme utility. It would be very effective for the whole team and the level of annoyance for your opponent would be extremely high. Being chased? Just go to a choke point, put a wall and juke people with it. They dodged through it? Go back through the wall, dodged again? Cross the wall again. Seriously it would be a melee’s worst nightmare.

Your “everything you have to trait the wall” insight is puzzling, you only need 20 into curses and 10 into soul reaping to fully trait the wall, then you just take spectral walk + spectral wall. A lot of condi builds tend to have 20 into curses and 10 into SR so it wouldn’t be a problem even if you’d have to sacrifice something for a supreme wall like that.

Edit: Grammar and omg, I’ve made a your/you’re mistake…..

You just forgot, that fear is easily countered by stability, the only melee that doesn’t have an easy access to stability is thief, and i doubt this will hinder them much.