(PvE) Defiant Change Ruins Necro vs. Bosses

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

Clearly every necromancer player except for Savan is a total idiot, doesn’t know how to build a character to save their lives, and can’t run a dungeon for crap.

Glad to know exactly what was wrong with this game the whole time.

To be fair, there is a lot of things still valid in the “On Necros being broken” thread.

BUT. This patch not only validated the fact that this company does not care about this class (they invested time into shaving down Mesmer clone reaction time, and avoided fixing our minions despite many months of “acknowledging” it) but that they also went ahead and got rid of whatever skill-to-reward play that actually made us somewhat useful in dungeons.

Fear was a strong niche for the necro in PvE. Now, it no longer is. Nobody ever stated in this thread that this class is broken. (We talk about how some of our traits and minions are broken, but we’re all mostly aware of that and we leave that animal to die on its own)

Our main concern is, with every passing patch that Anet is rolling out each month, we’re getting closer and closer to being an obsolete class. The styling is there, our utilities, traits, and mechanics work (except for specific you-know-whats) but each of these working things are getting kicked in the teeth by patches that seem to be implemented with almost no regard to the Necromancers.

Fear was a good way to interrupt, avoid a massive attack, protect a teammate from being smashed to bits, or just being able to slowly kill champion mobs by CC’ing them to help maintain gaps. (A good example is the Champ Risen Krait Witch in Timberline Falls map… I’ve seen warriors just 100b her to death without even trying and the only way we could solo it was to use a combination of CC, skill, positioning, and DS mitigation.

I will still play my Necro in WvW, but I probably won’t throw him in fractals or dungeons anymore. being left with no way to interrupt champs/bosses is utterly idiotic when all other classes can block.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Manticore Five.9867

Manticore Five.9867

I will still play my Necro in WvW, but I probably won’t throw him in fractals or dungeons anymore. being left with no way to interrupt champs/bosses is utterly idiotic when all other classes can block.

Don’t worry. Savan said we can just dodge! I’m sure that any minute he’ll be here with his Necro Vigor build so we can dodge a lot, just like he says.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Don’t worry. Savan said we can just dodge! I’m sure that any minute he’ll be here with his Necro Vigor build so we can dodge a lot, just like he says.

It’ll cost you about 10g of sigils to build Necro Vigor and then say good bye to staff.
I have one question: where are my 10 free gold to make that happen? Sure anet must provide us with it, since we’re only class without vigor/block.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Savan.8495

Savan.8495

It’ll cost you about 10g of sigils to build Necro Vigor and then say good bye to staff.
I have one question: where are my 10 free gold to make that happen? Sure anet must provide us with it, since we’re only class without vigor/block.

That suggestion is just kitten though it does kind of support the spoilt brat mentality of alot of the necros here that prefer to just whine and complain until they get things their way

Patience is a virtue

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

They fixed a bug. It does not ruin the class in dungeons, it barely changes anything (fear is 1s anyway wtf can you do in 1s?). Stop making the Necro forum community look like whiny ignorant kitten

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

They fixed a bug. It does not ruin the class in dungeons, it barely changes anything (fear is 1s anyway wtf can you do in 1s?). Stop making the Necro forum community look like whiny ignorant kitten

Thank god there are still non-feral necros on this forum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dispari.3980

Dispari.3980

What can you do in 1s? Interrupt a skill.

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

What can you do in 1s?

Create another whine thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

The entire reason for the complaints is that Necro could interrupt bosses reliably before and now they can’t.

This is a big deal because we don’t really have any cool unique stuff to make up for it. Boon removal is our main utility but it’s rarely useful in dungeons so the necro kind of lacks interesting gameplay atm.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@Bichpwner
@Savan

Way to think you guys are so much better then the rest.

Savan : I don’t know how you got to lvl 30 fractal and you are still clueless about fear.

But I see what you mean, a Necro staying behind only auto attacking doesn’t need fear. Seems like that’s the gameplay you want for us.

“Thank god there are still non-feral necros on this forum”

So your best ally here, is the only guy that decided to insult everyone on the forum, whose name is “Bichpwner”. This is your example of non-feral necro? You can stay with him. I will stay with the rest of the communty.

We might whine a bit, but we have some good reason. If we don’t whine, they don’t know. Just check Minion AI and reanimator for example, They didn’t know about it even if we posted it many time. We had to make numerous post to finaly get it checked upon.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

I think what makes this change the most unjustified for Necromancers is Thief’s Basilisks Venom skill still petrifies (stuns) bosses for 1.5 seconds through Defiance which is longer then any base Fear durations Necromancers had except downed state 2.

With Quick Venom’s Trait its a 1.5 second stun every 36 seconds.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

@Bichpwner
@Savan

Way to think you guys are so much better then the less.

Savan : I don’t know how you got to lvl 30 fractal and you are still clueless about fear.

But I see what you mean, a Necro staying behind only auto attacking doesn’t need fear. Seems like that’s the gameplay you want for us.

“Thank god there are still non-feral necros on this forum”

So your best ally here, is the only guy that decided to insult everyone on the forum, whose name is “Bichpwner”. This is your example of non-feral necro? You can stay with him. I will stay with the rest of the communty.

We might whine a bit, but we have some good reason. If we don’t whine, they don’t know. Just check Minion AI and reanimator for example, They didn’t know about it even if we posted it many time. We had to make numerous post to finaly get it checked upon.

At no point did I say I was better than the rest of the community but thankyou for the compliment none the less

Did you ever think Anet avoid this particular forum because it is just full of whine posts (half of which are based on out of date information). How is a new player meant to get on and improve when all they read is Mesmers are better, Necros suck in dungeons etc

As for there being 2 of us and the rest of the majority, I think you will find that the majority of the community think a) necros are fine or b) necros has some issues that need addressing, of which most including myself feel are long term issues (i.e. can’t be resolved overnight) including DS UI, axe dmg, pet AI and potential the viability of vamp specs

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-community-survey-Post-Patch/first

@Kardiamond.6952 I know what fear is thank you, if you read my posts (which I assume you didn’t) I think you will find I mentioned that this intentional change is not gamebreaking (provided you are appropriately geared and traited) and if it is for you then guess what….

you’re doing it wrong

The term feral is not mine personally, it was previously suggested by a fellow necromancer that pointed out the rediculous amounts of whine on this forum. Anyone who disagrees that necros are broken is instincitively jumped on, much like a feral pack would

The fact is we have issues, they are long term issues and no they are not game breaking

Edit: Funny thing about Reanimator, look at how well whining worked, most of the community think it is in a equally worse state after being patched

If people had suggested alterenatives to the trait itself as opposed to “Reanimitor dies in 5 secs (at low level) OMG WTF” which was the vast number of ill-informed posts then maybe just maybe you would have got a better change

(edited by Savan.8495)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Paniolo.3297

Paniolo.3297

fear is 1s anyway wtf can you do in 1s?

The impact of this is absolutely huge in dungeon/DE play. Popping into DS to interrupt a boss who might dropping a hammer onto a downed player being revived, or healing, or calling for allies made playing a necro in a dungeon extremely rewarding.

Now fear is essentially a PVP only ability.

I honestly didn’t think it was a bug, I just assumed that the Necromancer was supposed to fear anything since they were the masters of death/undead/fear/etc. (ie: that scene in the Hobbit).

Perhaps add an additional perk to the Terror trait so it does damage AND fears through Defiance? I’d be fine swapping a major trait for dungeons and fractals.

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

See previous posts,

I get people want fear through defiance back, but the problem is it gives an unfair advantage (I think the benefit is negligable in the grand scheme of things) to the necromancer class or any class that can fear

If you are relying on fear to the point at whch you are no-longer viable in dungeon then thats a product of your gear/utilities/playstyle – everyone is just as fine as pre-patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Paniolo.3297

Paniolo.3297

I’m not saying it’s the only way to be viable – I’m extremely talented at the class, as it’s all I play. It was just an aspect that I was a big fan of.

I just really enjoy the idea that EVERYTHING is afraid of a Necromancer, and I think having a worth while interrupt for dungeons is pretty handy; not just for the benefit, but due to the fact that you’ve not got an extra role to keep aware of.

Which is why I suggest traiting it, so those of us who like it can invest in it, and others don’t need to worry.

(edited by Paniolo.3297)

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

@Paniolo
Apoligies for the rather brash response, I’ve come to expect ignorant posts in this particular thread

Looking at you gamefreak, didnt realise you were commenting on my posts without even stepping foot in fractals

Anyway I agree with a lot of what you have said, the thing is I think its more an issue that some players feel we don’t contribute much to dungeons (I disagree with this but meh, personal oppinion). It is partly upto to Anet to make us feel like our class is valued in dungeons, the rest is down to us I am afraid.

On a personal note I would prefer if this resource (our forum) was used to develop builds and playstyles to help new players as opposed to using it as a platform to shout necros suck! at the top of our voices

The fact is the fear defiance thing was cheap, I would compare it to a crappy party trick, everyone looks at it and was like cool awesome, but in the grand scheme of thing doesn’t have much value

I would rather have access to more grand and awesome magic traits (I mean utilities and abilitities) that would make me feel valued

Note: I do feel valued at present, and for all of those whining about PVE dungeons I will post a compendium to help new players in the next few days. Feel free to cricticise it/me then

(edited by Savan.8495)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

And again, the issue is not that this is a gamebreaking change. The issue is that they took away a unique aspect of the class while most classes (including us) are lacking just that.

Doing away with the trinity and all that is cool, but at the same time it introduced the issue that classes lacking roles: basically we’re all just doing damage and trying to keep ourselves alive. This also means that (when you think about it) we are all just doing our thing next to one another, but there is no real teamwork involved. I think this is one of the bigger issues in the game atm, or at least this would make the game even better if it was addressed in some way.

One of the ways in which this could be addressed is in giving every class some aspect in which they can ‘cheat’ the normal game mechanics, something along the line of ‘no one is supposed to face tank bosses, but if you’re a guardian you can actually do fairly well doing just that’. Fear ignoring defiant felt like this for a lot of us, at least I always had a feeling of ‘if something goes wrong (one of our front liners goes down, the boss starts healing, etc.) I can quickly bypass the normal CC-protection and jump to my teams recue’. As such, this change felt like a big slap in the face, because instead of making us more unique/giving us roles they just made us more normal.
On the other hand, I can understand to some point that with this ‘fix’ everyone is now forced to deal with defiant stacks and thus everyone will be forced to play more team oriented (as in: you take away all stacks of defiant and then don’t CC anymore until it actually matters; this will undoubtedly be a big joy in your average PUG…).

To also approach this from a different angle, I’d actually like to make a comparison to mesmer’s portal: this is a skill that brings a unique feature to the mesmer (with no other ability coming even close to the same functionality), as such it feels a bit like cheating game mechanics as well. Only, this skill was (is) so much out of line (from a WvW perspective) that it warranted a change. So they did change it: it now teleports at most 20 people… Wait, isn’t that still a small army? Isn’t there a rule that aoe affects at most 5 targets? Isn’t portal basically an aoe teleport? (Hell you can probably teleport a second mesmer, set up a second portal and teleport 39 people, rinse and repeat…)

So why then does portal, that was forming an issue, undergo a change that still grossly violates the normal game rules, while fear, which wasn’t considered OP at all, gets changed to do just that? I believe the different approach to these 2 clearly indicates why the majority of the necros here is so kitten of with this change.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoke.2147

Zoke.2147

I don’t see why dungeon mobs even have defiant, Tired of all the random ness they’ve put into the game, it makes running a dungeon with a pug team even more pointless because you can’t coordinate to use CC when it’s useful, stop putting in random kitten like this and give the bosses a quicker recovery from CC, the things are so damn healthpadded anyways that players should be rewarded for being able to CC chain bosses, hell most classes don’t even have access to more than 1 or 2 knockdowns or stuns (necro?)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@Savan

Fear is a condition, not a real CC.

It’s not cheaper then any other abilities in the game.

Our fear is now both affected by defiance/stability AND condition resist/removal/immunity.

Other CC can’t be removed, They last until done.

Fear is condition, and should be threated as such.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

@Savan

Fear is a condition, not a real CC.

It’s not cheaper then any other abilities in the game.

Our fear is now both affected by defiance/stability AND condition resist/removal/immunity.

Other CC can’t be removed, They last until done.

Fear is condition, and should be threated as such.

I get it your angry, Fear no longer works against defiance

Fear is a condition yes, but no Anet don’t want you using it like other conditions, otherwise why else would they make this change – sorry

You know what has previously been shown to work really well when trying to make your point and improve our class, whine threads (note the sarcasm)

Let’s make loads and loads of whine threads about broken traits and utilities that will show them (may even discourage them from looking at these forums)

That’s what we did with reanimator and guess what we got reanimator mkII (now lasts a little longer) – that fixed everything (yes still being sarcastic)

Or maybe just maybe we can quit with the whine and use these forums productively

Please note:

To be clear part of me dislikes this change because we lost something we previously had

However, it did not “break” our class we are equally viable as pre-patch

You just suck (not targeted at anyone inparticular) – but claiming we are no longer viable in dungeons is kitten /p>

(edited by Savan.8495)

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Savan I don’t think you even play necromancer to be honest if you can’t see how large an impact losing the only guarenteed interrupt we had is.

Hell, if you can’t see how big an impact it is period I don’t think you play MMOs at all.

Fear gave us something we could bring to the table in any build (always in death shroud) to be useful in a dungeon. It was something unique to us in that we could use it much more often than other classes.

I loved it for the Howling king, The butcher, and other bosses with CRAZY damage channels because it made me useful to my team (some of which can’t be avoided like the rumbler’s freaking seismic scream). Now unless we all use mumble to coordinator our CC use-age by letting the others know when we are using a CC spell in order to get his charges down to 0 so we CAN interrupt we won’t get anything done.

To be honest if Anet wants to go this direction with bosses, they need to make it so that bosses stay in their “stackless” state so we can coordinate the interrupts with less pain.

As it stands we are in a terrible where state where the necro doesn’t have his guaranteed interrupts and brings less to the table at the benefit of about nothing.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

(edited by striker.3704)

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

Savan I don’t think you even play necromancer to be honest if you can’t see how large an impact losing the only guarenteed interrupt we had is.

Hell, if you can’t see how big an impact it is period I don’t think you play MMOs at all.

Ok..

First I will start with

http://i49.tinypic.com/2iuqm9u.jpg

No idea why this had to degenerate into a male genitalia waving contest so quickly but for the sake of argument I will entertain you.

This sir is a picture of me in a level 31 fractal in full Arah gear. I managed to get all this way without being a liability to my team or relying on fear to carry my group.

Look at that I’m even using a suitable weapon to attack and yes I have been playing MMO’s for a long time (former WoW necromancer if you are curious you probaly are not)

Its funny you even class Butcher and the Howler as heavy dps bosses…. how far have you actually gone in Fractals….

I accept the removal of fear through defiance may have broken your character but mine is fine and dandy, thank you for asking

I imagine this thread will degenerate quickly and before someone posts another pic of them in a 50 fractal you should be aware of the following:

1) I stopped at 30 to get my second infused ring so I wasn’t a liability to my team
2) I don’t play enough to run 4 daily fractals so figured 30 is the effective cap
3) You are still wrong on the original point of this appalling thread, this change did not break the game

Edit: WTF is flesh golem charge?

(edited by Savan.8495)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Damn, Savan… Take a day off.

Yeah, the defiance mechanic was obviously changed without necromancers in mind. In all likelihood it’s an oversight they’ll fix.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Necromancer

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

In this thread two players who understand Necro are forced to defensively argue their perspective against ftards that probably play HB warrior or shortbow thief. Necro has been consistantly screwed over since the middle of beta and nothing is changing. I had some hope with this last patch that finally some positive changes would be made.

That did not happen. Necro is now the worst possible choice you can make for all available content outside of the first 30 levels of Overland PvE content.

in Necromancer

XiL.4318

Yeah, the defiance mechanic was obviously changed without necromancers in mind. In all likelihood it’s an oversight they’ll fix.

They screwed over Minions in beta without regard to Necro as well. Guess what? Ranger pets do everything Necro minions are supposed to do now, yet Necro Minions are still 100% garbage outside of Flesh Golem for charge (every 45 seconds you get a single useful knockdown… and Flesh Worm which offers you a teleport escape. That is it.

So where exactly are you pullin your optimism from? And does it involve the processing of fully digested food?

in Necromancer

Terok.7315

They screwed over Minions in beta without regard to Necro as well. Guess what? Ranger pets do everything Necro minions are supposed to do now, yet Necro Minions are still 100% garbage outside of Flesh Golem for charge (every 45 seconds you get a single useful knockdown… and Flesh Worm which offers you a teleport escape. That is it.

So where exactly are you pullin your optimism from? And does it involve the processing of fully digested food?

Because if I wasn’t optimistic, I would probably have heartburn like you do.

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

Yes I agree fully those hunters pets are soo awesome, lets get me some hunter pets

Oh wait no they aren’t

(edited by Savan.8495)

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

In this thread two players who understand Necro are forced to defensively argue their perspective against ftards that probably play HB warrior or shortbow thief. Necro has been consistantly screwed over since the middle of beta and nothing is changing. I had some hope with this last patch that finally some positive changes would be made.

That did not happen. Necro is now the worst possible choice you can make for all available content outside of the first 30 levels of Overland PvE content.

Sorry who are these two necros? I’ve searched high and low but none to be found

in Necromancer

XiL.4318

Because if I wasn’t optimistic, I would probably have heartburn like you do.

I have been playing MMOs since March 1999. My esophagus was replaced half a decade ago with polyurethane. No more heartburn.

in Necromancer

XiL.4318

Sorry who are these two necros? I’ve searched high and low but none to be found

You have done nothing bu argue your own (self-admittedly limited) perspective. It is hard to find something when your goal is to blind it with your radiant sense of self importance.

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

I’m self important? ooo I feel so warm inside

so hunters yeh? OP yeh?

in Necromancer

XiL.4318

I’m self important? ooo I feel so warm inside

so hunters yeh? OP yeh?

Huntards still can’t change a control point to their team color so no.

And yes, in fact I have little doubt that the mere act of responding allowed you to participate in the conversation and thoroughly tickled the jimjim of whatever psychosis suitcase you carry around with you like a bankey.

But who am I to judge right? We all carry around a “Speshul” suitcase. Yours is just labeled “for arguments on the internet please tear open with teeth and clench yer cheeks”.

in Necromancer

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

I think you guys are being a little hard on Savan. I get where he’s coming from. Sometimes things just get nerfed. C’est la vie. Don’t complain about it. Don’t make any noise. Just accept it because that’s just how the status quo rolls. You know, because ArenaNet always makes the right choices and proper balance decisions. It’ll work out.

Or not. But it doesn’t matter, because ArenaNet doesn’t need to know how unhappy people are with this nerf. Nah, lets all just be quiet and hide under our desks and just cross our fingers and pucker our kitten and hope that they make things right. Which if people don’t kitten, they’ll never know what mistakes they make, but that’s not the point! It’s a lesson that applies to other areas of life, as well. For instance, who has the balls to complain about working conditions at Foxconn? Sometimes working conditions are just nerfed. No point in whining about it. I’m sure Foxconn would make the appropriate changes for its workers without a very loud and public outcry. Absolutely. For sure. Probably. Maybe. Or not.

I’m a staunch Necro defender. I love playing it. I’ve never kittened about anything about the class. Not because I thought it was perfect, but A. Others say what I could more better and B. Some of it gets pretty frivolous. But, c’mon. This change is just silly. I actually feel like ArenaNet is trolling us.

“Hey, Bill.”
“’Sup, Ted?”
“You think those necromancer players are kitten now? Wait until they get blasted in the face by this sticky load of nerf I got brewed up.”
Bill looks over the changes, start to laugh maniacally “It’s… beautiful! I wish I could see the look on their stupid necromancer faces. Ted, sir, you are an evil genius.”
Ted just nods and presses the enter key

In my mind, this last change was pretty close to exactly that.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

(edited by geekanerd.4123)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

The thing most of you guys don’t seem to get is that this was a BUG. That means NOT INTENDED. So essentially what we have here is a forum full of idiots whining about a fix. Imagine you are a developer, you come to this forum, for a class that is already going to be a lot of work, and you see the entire front page covered in BS about the fear bug. You think to yourself “well kitten, this is depressing, whatever we do it’s gonna still be this whiny bullkitten…” and you’d proceed to go back to the mesmer forums where everyone loves you because you post updates on fixes on the fly, like a boss.

Honestly, I loved the defiant fear bug, I exploited it all the time and I’m sad to see it go as well. But it was a bug, it wasn’t meant to be.
Defiant has charges anyway, bring it down quickly then when you need that clutch cc you can use it…

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

well, savan still thinks this is a “necros are broken” thread when it really is just a “we’re kitten that fear is kind of pointless in dungeons” thread.

pick your own battles, man. You’re sticking your sausage in people’s ears and its only kitten people off. you’re no better than those who whine because you’re going ahead to personally insult every single user on this forum who argues against your logic.

imo, you’re doing more damage than any of these whine threads.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

the class is still alright, i just can’t interrupt worth a damn anymore.

Interrupt, mind you. not play. I can play just fine. But taking away our only way to interrupt bosses is really stupid.

in Necromancer

XiL.4318

The thing most of you guys don’t seem to get is that this was a BUG. That means NOT INTENDED. So essentially what we have here is a forum full of idiots whining about a fix. Imagine you are a developer, you come to this forum, for a class that is already going to be a lot of work, and you see the entire front page covered in BS about the fear bug. You think to yourself “well kitten, this is depressing, whatever we do it’s gonna still be this whiny bullkitten…” and you’d proceed to go back to the mesmer forums where everyone loves you because you post updates on fixes on the fly, like a boss.

Honestly, I loved the defiant fear bug, I exploited it all the time and I’m sad to see it go as well. But it was a bug, it wasn’t meant to be.
Defiant has charges anyway, bring it down quickly then when you need that clutch cc you can use it…

70% of all mechanics you recognize as staple to all MMOs on the market were originally “bugs” in Everquest, Asheron’s Call, and Ultima Online.

The entire genre is built on “happy accidents” or bugs like lamo’s like to call them.

In case this isn’t clear, what I just said completely invalidates your entire premiss with undeniable fact,

in Necromancer

XiL.4318

the class is still alright, i just can’t interrupt worth a damn anymore.

Interrupt, mind you. not play. I can play just fine. But taking away our only way to interrupt bosses is really stupid.

Can’t interrupt, has no functional Stability, does mediocre damage, has mediocre support, is as intuitive as a Zulu translation of Shakespeare, and is severely lacking in the powers of its own namesake… minions.

But the idea of Necro is great fun to fantasize about.

in Necromancer

Terok.7315

I mean, no one is saying that dungeons are now impossible for necromancers because fear doesn’t interrupt anymore. The problem is that necromancer sucks just a tad bit more because it lost an interesting mechanic. A mechanic that really couldn’t be abused by necromancers precisely because it was and is an interrupt and not some epic warrior fear (/hyuk hyuk).

That’s where my optimism comes from. It doesn’t seem to make any sense.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I really suggest you guys completely ignore Savant and their flame-baiting and just stay on topic, let the moderators deal with it.

No where has anyone said that necro is impossible to play, or impossible to run a dungeon with now, they just don’t bring anything unique or good to a group anymore, and boss interupting/cc’ing was really the only cool/fun thing I had left for my necro in PvE.

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

well, savan still thinks this is a “necros are broken” thread when it really is just a “we’re kitten that fear is kind of pointless in dungeons” thread.

I get where you’re coming from and I understand you are frustrated with the changes in the way fear works against defiance. While the intention of your posts may have been genuine and you were simply trying to communicate your frustrations, a number of other necros in this particular thread insist on railroading the discussion into a necromancers are no longer viable/contribute nothing to dungeons – which frankly is absurd

I always find it funny when pvp’ers insist they are right despite never stepping foot in “end” game PvE. I imagine much of the community is slowly tiring of the barrage of whine that continues to plague this forum. I understand PvP is in a bad place right now, however PvE is just fine – thanks for asking.

Since I’ve joined this discussion I’ve been accused of not knowing my class, not playing MMO’s and flaming, the fact it necromancers are still as viable as they we pre-patch. Any necromancer who has spent any length of time in dungeons is aware of that.
As for misinterpreting posts, read the previous posts or better yet look in other threads where this inane rambling has been repeated parrot fashion
I understand you’re frustrated; I really do but your frustrations like much of the whine on this forum is misplaced and misguided.

does mediocre damage, has mediocre support, is as intuitive as a Zulu translation of Shakespeare, and is severely lacking in the powers of its own namesake… minions.

I genuinely don’t understand why you insist that we are monumentally flawed, if we have so many issues then why exactly do you continue to play this class and if you no longer play necromancer, why do you contribute inane ramblings to discussions you clearly know nothing about?

If you insist in gearing/playing incorrectly you will “feel” like you contribute nothing to dungeons, that has been true since Everquest

@Xil, we get it you are a troll, no need to sugar coat it

Tl;dr Necromancer are still viable in endgame PVE, this change is insignificant in the grand scheme of things

(edited by Savan.8495)

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

This change really only affects pugs. My guildies and I always communicate about when to use disables, and we keep bosses at 0 defiant stacks until we need to interrupt something. After we interrupt, everyone uses their CC skills to get rid of the stacks. Wash, rinse, repeat. Hopefully Anet will make Defiant block Basilisk Venom too, then things will be consistent across the board.

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

(edited by lettucemode.3789)

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

99% of the content is pugable at this moment, the change as I have said time and time again is insignificant in the grand scheme of things

in Necromancer

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

Want I find amusing is that person compiling about whine threads is person who has bumped this thread 2x more than anyone else. Just admit it you only post to insult other Necros in your claim about being so l33t. It is a typical trait of someone with low self esteem . Knock other down to make yourself fell superior.

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

Yes that’s exactly it…

Or maybe just maybe I was tired of logging into the forums and reading inane whine posts, most of which are based on out of date and ill informed information

Sometimes when your surrounded by ignorance it’s best to just shout louder, if you want to continue believing your class is no longer viable that’s your decision

Every post made after the OP, including the one where I explained my dungeon experience and why we are still viable were made in response to ignorant posts

I will stick to my original plan for now, let this thread die as they normally do and direct future inane whine posts to Sheobix’s old post

Much simpler

(edited by Savan.8495)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I play my Necro fine because most content is easy enough that it doesn’t matter. The problem with this change is basically “we bring nothing unique to the table”. Every single thing I can do as a Necromancer can be done better by another class. I want to dps? I’d rather bring my Warrior. I want to use pets? I’d rather bring my Mesmer or Ranger. I want to support my team? I’d rather bring my Ele (better fields / more finishers), my Thief (stealth / unlimited blast finishers), my Mesmer (Time Warp / projectile reflection), or my Guardian (Aegis, condition removal, mass Protection, projectile reflection). I want ranged condition damage mixed with good support? I’d rather take my Engineer (good jack-of-all-trades class). I used to be able to say “I want major boss dps mitigation through interrupts? Bring my Necro” and now I can’t anymore.

There simply isn’t a role better fit by the Necro in the dungeon environment than any other class, and that is my real issue with the change. We need something to set us apart and make us special, and we definitely don’t get that from Fear anymore. Death Shroud is just an extended life bar, which does nothing for us in that regard either. The lack of a real class identity is a real problem, and it needs to be addressed.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

One last post for the fun of it

Rising Duck I fully agree with you on that last point and I would applaud you to create threads that offer up suggestions to the develops, suggesting alternatives, utilities and ways to improve the class

These “nerf” posts add very little to the conversation. Whine threads are a plague on thie forum and its part of the reason I feel we get apparently ‘snubbed’ by the developers

Would you want to read these threads as your job, I barely enjoy it as a hobby lol

Just look a few threads back, the developer is quick to respond to a post where we were discussing pet pathing issues and investigating issues ourselves

Even the reanimator issues (which is just poorly designed and placed within the traitline) has been incorrectly resolved because half the threads on this forum read something along the lines of “OMG reanimtaor dies in 3 secs” at the time

A developer reads that and what do you expect they will do… make reanimtaor last longer…. wait that’s not what we wanted

This thread which has been burning for days garners no attention, not even from the moderators – I got one infraction this entire time and that was for implying someone was too negative in their views

Can we just try and be a little more positive in the future.

Lets try and make this forum a more positive place, I get people are frustrated but you can clearly see whining has got us nowhere at this point.

(edited by Savan.8495)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

/thread
15char

Attachments: