RIP Dhuumfire

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: rohnis.2715

rohnis.2715

Now that dhuumfire will be bound on life blast to make it more “skilled” they killed a build that was already almost broken. ArenaNets attempt to make condi necros require skill totally went in the wrong direction. Still they want us to be an attrition class.

“Necros are now weaker than when everybody was crying about them” – Nemesis.

Thats totally true if we look at Conditionmancer. But what are our alteratives?
- You can run Wellomancer with direct damage but if doesnt fit ur playstyle what do u take then?
- Life Steal? – Not Viable. If u focused ur dead, if not ur life steal is useless because u dont need to heal.
- Spectral? – You will end up running with barb, zerker or soldiers which makes u powerancer. Not Viable
- Minion Master? If you want to go tanky but its very easy.

ArenaNet promised us build variety now we actually have 3 builds. Or three kinds of builds. And Life Steal is not viable.

So, back to the actual topic. They said that they want to make dhuumfire more skilled so that its not random anymore. But now that its not instant anymore S/D thiefs will simply dodge it, Warriors will enter a berserker stance which makes Lifeblast useless for condinecros as long BS is up.

ALSO if they get ur LF to 0 you cant use a Trait you HAVE SPENT 30 POINTS INTO A USELESS TRAITLINE FOR! Dhuumfire is not a grandmaster trait anymore…

Why should i spent 30 for a trait which is completely useless if i have no LF? 30 Points is HUGE but where should i spend it then? The Bloodmagic-Line is useless. I already have spent 20 points each into curses and soul reaping.

Conclusion:
So what ArenaNet basicly did is they gave us 30 Points but no real trait to spend it for.
They give us an alternative trait for condi and/or give it to another traitarm, in my opinion.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

I just don’t get why Anet first did all this balancing around Dhumfire being to strong and now they’re essentially “nerfing it” after they made alot of our skills worst… So, where is our compensation? =/

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

This sounds so tragic..
What d’you say? Join experienced players on other threads or wait the patch to test it before doing all this mess?

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

no worries mate, you can still enjoy siphoning 50 health on your daggers! after all it was buffed right?

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’s pretty much safe to say they don’t know what they want from Dhuumfire. We’re better off coming up with something new.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

This sounds so tragic..
What d’you say? Join experienced players on other threads or wait the patch to test it before doing all this mess?

Seeing as how no one knows if this is tomorrow or 6 weeks from now, complaining about it now may be his best alternative. Anet has shown willingness to backpedal changes when the community whines like a barn full of cats (see Deceptive evasion nerf they have already posted about considering at least a partial walk-back).

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sir Fraener.3680

Sir Fraener.3680

I don’t understand that Engineer has a similar trait at 20 points which doesn’t get nerfed … Isn’t that worth mentioning?

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

I just don’t get why Anet first did all this balancing around Dhumfire being to strong and now they’re essentially “nerfing it” after they made alot of our skills worst… So, where is our compensation? =/

They don’t even have a clue what they are doing.Have you seen the live stream?They don’t care about us.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

next nerf: Lich and CC.

i’m taking bets

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nebiros.4801

Nebiros.4801

The fact that they are laughing during the live stream and acting like complete tools shows to me how concerned they are. Their concern is silencing the crying about the few necros people encounter killing them. The amount of people here upset about these nerfs is small beans when compared to the amount of crying over losing to necros from time to time. The population of necros is small and will remain small at this rate could be nonexistant.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I don’t say RestInPeac…I say JUST DIE ALREADY AND GO AWAY. Dhuumfire has been nothing but a curse to the necromancers since it was dreamed up. Do away with it already and give us something useful that doesn’t cause everything else to get nerfed around it!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Oslaf Beinir.5842

wait so complaining some more might help the class? Anet even knows we are complaining down here at this dark alley? okay complaining away!

dhuumfire will not go away and nerfs upon things we have had since the very start because of it will not be reversed. and even then the damage has been done…also cleansing and anti-condition tools were buffed along the way even more making it more pressing to use Dhuumfire for max effectiveness. it is also in spot that boosts its own duration and that of other conditions and yet this unworthy trait of a grandmaster is also present at the hands of engi in a better form and place yet in master tier. Anet decides kitten you, here it is a GM just for you!

so now our power burst has and always been slow and depends on DS with some bad weapon sets to pick from with no cleave and slow rate of burst delivery on top of being on a slow class. along the way the defensein the form of weakness on weakening shroud was hit which hurt power builds even more so than conditions. it became even riskier to run full zerker necros after.

condi burst has been shaved so much that builds are forced to use dumbfire and whoever doesnt is not going to find themselves in a favorable position. go all offensive or go home. too bad a buffed reaper’s protection wont see much use.

no real tank builds. blood magic and death magic cant help condi or power necros, are outright horrible and offer nothing of importance in form of defense or utility and states gained are also half worthless. necromancers got no worthwhile access to boons to benefit from the duration increase and healing effectiveness is cut in half because you do not heal in DS and also brb actively healing 50 health with daggers and getting face smashed with CC i cannot prevent or avoid due to no vigor or mobility. the only tank spec using them horrible traitlines is MM and if the announced changes are to go through will also receive some nerfs.

so Anet we are worse off than we were pre-dhuumfire. no build diversity or variety on top of bugs and broken traits and broken DS that melts under focus fire. surely you do not acknowledge it or even decide to give us tools to help us become what we were advertised to be. and no the new healing signet does not even come close. you just added a failure of a healing skill to turn us into more of a joke already when it comes to balancing.

like it or not sooner or later Necromancer is going to become broken at the core just like Rangers if our problems are not adressed. at least thieves are going to join us as well at this rate when it comes to the receiving end of the nerf bat xD

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I don’t say RestInPeac…I say JUST DIE ALREADY AND GO AWAY. Dhuumfire has been nothing but a curse to the necromancers since it was dreamed up. Do away with it already and give us something useful that doesn’t cause everything else to get nerfed around it!

But in this case we are worse of without dhuumfire.. Fine if they decided to nerf it, probably was too much for their warriors to handle, but something in return would be nice. not the complete nerf they did now and made it completly worthless.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

1. Necromancers are weak! They have terror, but they are still weak!
2. Let’s give Necromancers fire! Let them burn their enemies!
3. Necromancers are overpowered! Let’s nerf terror!
4. Necromancers are overpowered! Let’s nerf fire!
5. Necromancers have no (useful) fire and weaker terror but are probably still in a good spot… hold on… aren’t they worse than when the whole thing started (point 1)?

Good thing that the build I’m planning to use once my condimancer reaches lvl 80 never included Dhuumfire at all.

(edited by Saturn.6591)

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: balmung.6217

balmung.6217

Thought i was crazy or something cause everyone around here was going “yay now its on LB or boo its weaker now put it back to on crit” and im sitting here going idc what they do with it take it out if it means we get weapon, trait and for the love of god skill rebalance to make this class have a good flow.We have 3 builds!and lets be honest only one build is reallllyyyy viable in each mode.Theres no discussion to be had.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

It’s just another phase of the balance cycle. A few months later necro will get buffed again, while the actual fotm class / build will get a nerf.
Instead of actual balance, developers keeps rotating between classes to make an illusion of “fresh scene” while actually nothing changes. It’s like a teeter. Up and down. Up and down.
Balancing necro is already a though thing. Make a class viable with design elements that are completely different by 180 degree how the game works … good luck with that.

ps: sorry for bad english blablabla

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Rofl Imba nerf hammer whack a mole.

Goodbye 30/20/0/0/20 hello 20/20/0/0/30

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: OreoWolf.9564

OreoWolf.9564

5. Necromancers have no (useful) fire and weaker terror but are probably still in a good spot… hold on… aren’t they worse than when the whole thing started (point 1)?

Good thing that the build I’m planning to use once my condimancer reaches lvl 80 never included Dhuumfire at all.

Good thing Dhuumfire didn’t cause enfeeble, mark of blood, grasping death and terror to get nerfed. OHWAIT

Thanks for the build diversity Anet! Now ALL our condition builds are subpar and not one is better than the other! Rejoice!

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I’ll probably go 10/20/20/0/20 or 0/30/20/0/20 for wvw.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: DaGhostDS.9738

DaGhostDS.9738

Im happy that my build never got hit by the nerf around Dhumbfire.. mostly..

- Life Steal? – Not Viable. If u focused ur dead, if not ur life steal is useless because u dont need to heal.
….
The Bloodmagic-Line is useless. I already have spent 20 points each into curses and soul reaping.*

Maybe to you but not everyone try to rush in and get killed in your play-style.

(edited by DaGhostDS.9738)

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

“Necromancer
Putrid Mark: This skill will now blast an area only once when the trap executes”

Hahahahahahahahahahahha..

/resign

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

It’s just another phase of the balance cycle. A few months later necro will get buffed again, while the actual fotm class / build will get a nerf.
Instead of actual balance, developers keeps rotating between classes to make an illusion of “fresh scene” while actually nothing changes. It’s like a teeter. Up and down. Up and down.
Balancing necro is already a though thing. Make a class viable with design elements that are completely different by 180 degree how the game works … good luck with that.

ps: sorry for bad english blablabla

The nerf/buff FOTM cycle is good for business with GW2’s business model. As classes are nerfed and buffed people reroll and buy gems to get gold to level them and gear them up.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

“Necromancer
Putrid Mark: This skill will now blast an area only once when the trap executes”

/resign

Bug fixes on a PvE-specific patch make community members say they are going to leave the game in disgust, while others value raw DPS over more coordinated bursts not based on RNG.

News at 10.

And at 11, community responds with “every patch is a PvE patch” and more kerfuffle that their class is in a terrible place because reasons.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

Good thing Dhuumfire didn’t cause enfeeble, mark of blood, grasping death and terror to get nerfed. OHWAIT

Thanks for the build diversity Anet! Now ALL our condition builds are subpar and not one is better than the other! Rejoice!

That’s my issue with the Dhuumfire nerf like many here. So many skills and traits were nerfed with only Dhuumfire in mind, to balance out the heavy DPS on condimancers (that actually took the trait). Not only is there no talk of “rebalancing” said skills/traits closer to their original potency, but the side effect had been non-dhuumfire builds were hit with nerfs for a trait they couldn’t/didn’t take to begin with.

Now we have the nerfs to balance out Dhuumfire, combined with a near total nerf to Dhuumfire to the point that no condi necro is going to invest 30 points in Spite for it. Why? Because you’re investing 30 points in spite to pop into DS, use the unweildly (slow) Life Blast once with Tainted Shackles and instantly pop right back out again in order to maintain bleed DPS.

The flip sde is we can still probably make Dhuumfire builds work doing the above adding more play with DS (* cough * more “skill”). Also it will be easier for the Dhuumfire necro to telegraph to himself when burning is going to proc. Essentially every 10 seconds on life blast hit instead of every 10 seconds on a single/area hit that crits from whatever weapon/skill you’re using at the time.

Still, you can get so much more by just investing those 30 points elsewhere compared to the old Dhuumfire unless you want lots of condi duration.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

“Necromancer

/resign

Bug fixes on a PvE-specific patch make community members say they are going to leave the game in disgust, while others value raw DPS over more coordinated bursts not based on RNG.

News at 10.

And at 11, community responds with “every patch is a PvE patch” and more kerfuffle that their class is in a terrible place because reasons.

I quite enjoy not being able to blast my own well’s when i see a leap coming..

E.A.D.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

“Necromancer

/resign

News at 10.

I quite enjoy not being able to blast my own well’s when i see a leap coming..

So if I can read through your sarcasm, it sounds like Putrid Mark would cause a blast on cast as well as on trip. I actually didn’t know that because I always just assumed it was on trip.

It makes sense that they’d make it on trip, but it’s also a bit of a bummer that it takes another chunk out of on-demand blast finishing. I don’t really care, as I never really thought of myself as a blast-finishing type of group supporter.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Actually, it makes no sense for it to trigger on trip rather than placement since it removes control from the player.

Oh, you were probably talking about for roleplaying purposes or something. Nevermind.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

Actually, it makes no sense for it to trigger on trip rather than placement since it removes control from the player.

Oh, you were probably talking about for roleplaying purposes or something. Nevermind.

No other mark does anything on placement. Making your life easier isn’t always in the best interest of balance or good design.

And I have to question using an ability as amazingly useful as Putrid Mark for just the blast finisher.

Otherwise yeah, totally RPing.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

Figured I’d put this here, given the thread title and all. It actually seems like a pretty idea to me.

I agree about moving it but not replacing it.

As a main Elementalist and as much as I hate Dhuumfire, this nerf was a bit too harsh.

In my opinion, in Spite, replace Siphon Strength (25) and have it so whenever you Fear, you also apply burning, no cooldown.

Is completely useless anyways, gain 1 stack of might once you hit 25% health?! This passive takes freaking 25 points too!

Being a nice passive trait it will benefit condition, power or mixed based builds without making it a must have.

The implementation might not be up to snuff (Burn on fear? We have 3 on demand fears…) but the new Dhuumfire (or some minor variation) would be a MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCHMUCH MUCHMUCH MUCHMUCH MUCHMUCH MUCHMUCH MUCH better Grandmaster Minor than Siphoned Power.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Oslaf Beinir.5842

we had a minor grandmaster trait in spite?

what we need there is solid plain and simple damage modifier like most classes have at 25 minor grandmaster in power traitlines. as necromancers we lack good damage modifiers and that does not help power builds deliver a reliable solid burst.

deal 5%-10% more damage to: vulnerable foes, when endurance is not full, when you have might, in death shroud, to fear’ed foes, while using channeling skills, etc. it is not that hard to come up with something to help the class in such an area.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

It is GREAT NEWS that Dhuumfire is nerfed to the ground. Now perhaps our whole profession won’t have to balance around Dhuumfire anymore.

I support any kind of nerf against Dhuumfire. In fact this whole trait should be deleted from the game altogether and be forever forgotten alongside the Forgottens.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

It is GREAT NEWS that Dhuumfire is nerfed to the ground. Now perhaps our whole profession won’t have to balance around Dhuumfire anymore.

I support any kind of nerf against Dhuumfire. In fact this whole trait should be deleted from the game altogether and be forever forgotten alongside the Forgottens.

that’s the thing.. they won’t change a thing after this nerf.
If they would they would have mentioned it.

#4,5,23’20areclueless.

E.A.D.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Look, a lot of the problems resulted after Dhuumfire was added, as several other skills were nerfed to compensate for our increased condition damage. That said, as a consequence, most of us, who enjoy conditionmancers, were forced to run dhuumfire to compensate for the nerfs and to remain viable.

Thus, if they move Dhuumfire to DS 1, and maintain it as a trait, I think the simple answer would be to move it out of the Spite traitline and make it a curses MASTER level trait (condition line), which will put it into competition with terror (though both could still be taken if you wnated to run a terrormancer). Not only would it make more sense (as much as dhuumfire could make sense), it would increase build diversity for condition mancers. In addition, it would cut down on community cries regarding condition duration, as most condi masters would no longer run 30 points into Spite to increase condition duration, as there would be more useful traits to pick up.

Furthermore, the devs could come up with an actual spite trait that would compete with close to death, which almost is a must if one takes certain power builds (30 in spite).

I would see more cond builds moving away from the 30 in spite (which did not make sense), while maintaining a skill based dhuumfire application. 30 in spite always seemed more applicable for hybrid builds. Thus 0/30/30/0/10 or 0/30/10/0/30, or 0/30/10/30/0 builds would be viable once again, as condi builds would not be forced to go into spite to pick up dhuumfire to compensate for all the nerfs to our other condition application abilities.

Sorry, this seems to be simple logic, or the application thereof, though I admit, I have not seen this type of logic applied to GW2 balancing.

I for one would love to run a 0/30/0/10/30 build or a 0/30/10/0/30 build to see if I could run stability on a condition builds without being kitten. the latter build seems interesting because I could maintain my condition damage in DS (burning – DS1, bleed DS2, and DS5 (torment) while slapping a stability mechanism. Would also make it more interesting that i did not get punted around if i wanted to fire off DS1 and DS3 combination. Would help with our susceptibility to CC.

Sorry, once again, logic being applied here, not the strong suit of GW2 balancing

(edited by Gryph.8237)

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

aspirine.6852

How is it great news that it is now completly useless? Nerfing does not mean make it so bad no-one would ever want to trait for it.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

How is it great news that it is now completly useless? Nerfing does not mean make it so bad no-one would ever want to trait for it.

Its great beacuse every other nerf happened in the past half year happened because of this trait. Now its almost totally out of the picture, the necro can get some love.
Tbh im not against a spike / high damage spec, but the low damage “attrition” style would be welcomed now …

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

How many traits DO we have that make others sub par because of niche balance?

Of the top of my head I can come up with Near to Death, Dhuumfire and Bloodthirst.
Perhaps Terror, but I’m not 100% on this.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

Its great beacuse every other nerf happened in the past half year happened because of this trait. Now its almost totally out of the picture, the necro can get some love.
Tbh im not against a spike / high damage spec, but the low damage “attrition” style would be welcomed now …

You are correct he “can” but he won’t xD Maybe one patch of love, but this patch will be covered by 2,3,4 nerf patches, so… Welcome to beta!

it was written…

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mindx.9610

Mindx.9610

I couldn’t take the OP seriously beginning from the nemesis quote right down to only 3 viable builds, just straight up stopped reading.

Necros are in a sad state right now and I’m not talking about the class.

[Apex] – Zero Entity 80 Necromancer
Blackgate Apexprime.enjin.com

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

I’m a little put off by this as a condimancer, but I re-did my traits to a 0/30/20/0/20 build a few weeks ago, so I won’t miss it much. I didn’t sPvP, but it was useful in WvW for proccing off marks. I just hope they plan on buffing some of the other things they’ve nerfed and/or compensating through other skills rather than just nerfing Dhuumfire and leaving us as-is.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Because Dhuumfire should never have existed in the first place. It is universally hated by both necro and non-necros alike. Necros hated it because they knew it would cause tons of nerfs to other skills, and those nerfs did come as expected. Non-necros hated it because it was too high damage, and it was.

Lore wise it also made zero sense. Why would Dhuumfire suddenly become a good guy and start helping the good side?

Nevermind the nerfs to Dhuumfire. I will be happier if they just delete this whole trait and replace it with something totally different.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

aspirine.6852

Because Dhuumfire should never have existed in the first place. It is universally hated by both necro and non-necros alike. Necros hated it because they knew it would cause tons of nerfs to other skills, and those nerfs did come as expected. Non-necros hated it because it was too high damage, and it was.

Lore wise it also made zero sense. Why would Dhuumfire suddenly become a good guy and start helping the good side?

Nevermind the nerfs to Dhuumfire. I will be happier if they just delete this whole trait and replace it with something totally different.

And the last thing is the most important one, they have no plans to replace it after the nerf. So basicly because of dhuumfire and people complaining about it necro’s are worse than before it got introduced. I’d rather have it back then to be honest.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: rohnis.2715

rohnis.2715

I guess some ppl dont get what i wanted to say:
So, we spend 30 points into a power traitline for a almost 3s burning. Now when we have no LF we loose a lot of Condition Damage output. Also the cast time for life blast is quite long so if u run with low amounts of LF u wont be able to even land Lifeblast. It even can be dodged now or blocked. All our DS abilities are on long cast time expect DS3. So on low lifeforce we have to decide if we want burning,beeding or Torment.
So its a complete waste of traitpoints, period.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I don’t care if they nerf it. But that new replacement has to be worthy of the grandmaster title, now it simply doesn’t.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

‘I dont think so. I like every additional condition I can put on my target. It covers the other conditions. So I cannot agree. I also dont think this is too strong for current wvw meta – it’s pretty balanced from my pov. But making it bound to DS, LF and GM is not acceptable… And who cares about pve? I think and feel like all those changes necros receive are pretty much entirely related to spvp – well I NEVER play spvp! Thanks anet…

it was written…

(edited by cubed.2853)

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xamin.6895

Xamin.6895

‘I dont think so. I like every additional condition I can put on my target. It covers the other conditions. So I cannot agree. I also dont think this is too strong for current wvw meta – it’s pretty balanced from my pov. But making it bound to DS, LF and GM is not acceptable… And who cares about pve? I think and feel like all those changes necros receive are pretty much entirely related to spvp – well I NEVER play spvp! Thanks anet…

I agree completely with this. What happened to splitting PVP and PVE skills? PVE condition necros will not only get a 3s burn instead of a 4s burn, but that burn will be difficult to access, and take a long time to apply. It also means my toughness/precision/cond. dmg gear is now more useless because Dhuumfire no longer syngergises with crit chance.

We see an unwarranted reduction in damage in PVE (I thought power builds were the problem?) and we need to look at different gear stats now as well, just because of a single volatile gransmaster trait that caused the reduction in terror damage already.

Cant we at least get some other grandmaster trait in any other trait line other than curses that will be of benefit to conditionmancers? I tried several other condition builds without Dhuumfire, my DPS is significantly lower, so we can’t just ignore it and build something else, because there is nothing else.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

we will get our pve buff eventually. Dumbfire was never the answer to our complaints in pve.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: dceptaconroy.7928

dceptaconroy.7928

Heaps of great points made. I just insta – froth and laugh maniacally now when checking what the bat comes out to hit and what other classes get to have at lesser trait levels in comparison to us. Any Dev out there play a Necro.. does anyone know? Coz I’d love their take on this.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

I’m not too skilled player and for me Dhuumfire was nice addition. Truth, it was no-brainer and encouraged lazy play but made Necros(or at least conditiomancers) potent for first time since second beta. Hell it wasn’t even strait damage but cleans-able Dot. I know L2P is answer for most of my arguments.
Maybe they will give us something worthwhile instead. Fingers crossed.

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I’m not too skilled player and for me Dhuumfire was nice addition. Truth, it was no-brainer and encouraged lazy play but made Necros(or at least conditiomancers) potent for first time since second beta. Hell it wasn’t even strait damage but cleans-able Dot. I know L2P is answer for most of my arguments.
Maybe they will give us something worthwhile instead. Fingers crossed.

A very sensible opinion and attitude.

The truth that no one will admit, is that lots and LOTS of traits and things in this game are pretty brainless. Dumbfire was a prime offender, but only because it was added so late in the development cycle that it could be singled out, and because the original trait setup after the first “burning” patch allowed for the most riduclous of builds.

Such as dummfire, terror, greater marks, AND mark of evasion. A very amazing build for the 2 weeks it was allowed to exist. (I miss you 30 20 10 10 0).

RIP Dhuumfire

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Such as dummfire, terror, greater marks, AND mark of evasion. A very amazing build for the 2 weeks it was allowed to exist. (I miss you 30 20 10 10 0).

Greater Marks was moved to master tier 1 month after Dhuumfire, and it was the same patch that doubled our Shroud hp. So arguably necros became a lot stronger after that patch.