Reanimator changes

Reanimator changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

As a MM , I see the Dec patch as a good one. > http://tinyurl.com/opjsdrw
But reducing its recharge from 30 s to 15 s isn’t a good deal !
I prefer either one of these >
To remove its degeneration and make it have a duration ( = its recharge = 15 s ) so it will be alive as long as you keep killing , or change " summon on kill " to " summon on critical hit " .

I prefer the 1st suggestion , what do you think ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Reanimator changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

I think they should swap it out to be a major trait and re-balance it from there while swapping in a trait to replace it that benefits Death builds in a more general fashion rather than something so MM oriented.

Reanimator changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

There are 3 issues that make Reanimator a bad trait in my opinion:
1.The combination of degeneration and that it triggers on death: with both of these it’s very likely that the useless horror is dead before you fight again. Imo they should either remove the degen (and limit the number of horrors maybe) or change the functionality to: “Whenever something near the necro dies, the necromancers next attack summons a horror”.

2.that it only triggers when you kill something. which is fine in pve and areas where things die regularly. but until that happens the trait is completely useless and i would definitely prefer something that actually helps me killing stuff. What i’d like to see: ’Every 30-45 seconds a jagged horror spawns (again, a limit 1-3 maybe). if something dies near the necromancer, the internal cooldown is reduced to 15 seconds).

3.The horror itself doesnt actually do much. it should really get the bone minions explosion, at least.

I dont have a problem with getting a minion as a non-minion master. this is the necro after all; it fits the theme and as long as the minion is useful without the respective MM-traits, theres nothing wrong with that.

but as long as it is a on-death-trait and the horror stays as useless as it is, reduced cooldown wont help at all.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

Reanimator changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

What i’d like to see: ’Every 30-45 seconds a jagged horror spawns (again, a limit 1-3 maybe). if something dies near the necromancer, the internal cooldown is reduced to 15 seconds).

The downside to that: imagine being in LA where numerous necros are standing around and listening to an endless barrage of minions dying.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

Reanimator changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’ve posted this numerous times.

Change all on-death traits to have new triggers as follows:
1. Full effect on enemy death
2. Reduced effect on extra triggers: enemy down (sPvP only), ally death, minion death

OR make the full effect trigger no matter what, but reduce its effectiveness slightly to accomodate the extra triggers.

Reduced effects would either be lowered amounts of whatever should happen (spiteful removal only removes 1 condition), or reduced chances of happening (25% chance to summon Jagged horror). Tune the ICDs and effects as necessary, but it makes absolutely no logical sense that we only benefit from our enemies dying for our traits, but we gladly steal our allies life essences.

It also vastly improves them all. Reanimator isn’t bad because of Jagged Horrors, its bad because it doesn’t happen often enough, and often doesn’t happen when its meaningful. Same with Spiteful Removal.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Reanimator changes

in Necromancer

Overkillengine.6084

That; and it’s a MM centric trait. Disproportionate benefit to certain builds, even in ideal trigger conditions. Not good for an automatic trait. Great for an optional one though.

Reanimator changes

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

All traits have disproportionate benefit to certain builds.

My PvP Minion Build

Reanimator changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Perhaps, but some have a better build-independent benefit than others, such as all other 5 pts minor traits we have.
This actually makes Reanimator even more aggravating.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

Reanimator changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Yeah, though I think “makes a decent body-block if you kill someone and down a second target against whom a body-block will be actually useful” is kind of stretching it as far as disproportionate benefits go.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Reanimator changes

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

If they keep buffing reanimator till when it procs at a decent rate (which it still doesn’t, it needs a 10 ICD and to proc on more than just enemy death), it will give good benefit to every build.

My PvP Minion Build

Reanimator changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

If they keep buffing reanimator till when it procs at a decent rate (which it still doesn’t, it needs a 10 ICD and to proc on more than just enemy death), it will give good benefit to every build.

If they try to push it up so it becomes useful for everyone, then chances are good it’ll be utterly insane for any MM build. Whether or not that’s a good thing, I’m not sure.

Personally, I think it’d be easier and much less of a headache to just change Death Magic’s minors.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Reanimator changes

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I’d much prefer they change Death Magic’s minors, completely; or at the very least the 5/15 (now that 25 seems to be in a decent place with the Dec 10th patch). But I don’t know if they will.

I agree it could potentially get way out of control quickly. Although they could just make Death Nova not apply and it wouldn’t be all that much better.

My PvP Minion Build

Reanimator changes

in Necromancer

Overkillengine.6084

If they try to push it up so it becomes useful for everyone, then chances are good it’ll be utterly insane for any MM build. Whether or not that’s a good thing, I’m not sure.

Personally, I think it’d be easier and much less of a headache to just change Death Magic’s minors.

This. It would be better off as an optional trait primarily used by MM specs. Much less work to balance.

Reanimator changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I’d dump Reanimator. Here’s what I’d offer:

Necrotic Rigor: Decreases Damage taken while Life Force is below the threshold.
For example: Damage reduced by 5% while Life Force under 33%.

Decent little buff for an Adept minor. Not crazy. Synergizes inversely with Life Force generation so the buff doesn’t become abusive. Works for any build.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

Reanimator changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

I have come up with a revolutionary idea for the Death trait line.

1) Select Reanimator and Protection of the Horde
2) Press [Delete]

I had previously advocated combining them and moving it to a Major, but since this has been left for so long I think everyone would feel better if Reanimator and Protection of he Horde just disappeared.

Once you have deleted them replace them with anything. Literally, any thing you can think up would be an improvement. I think Shrouded Removal would be a very strong candidate for one of the Minors and Spiteful Vigor or Reaper’s Protection would make sense in the other. Go, go, go.

Reanimator changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Reanimator is fine, do not change please.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Reanimator changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

if they change the horror so it simply runs to your current target and explodes in its face (like an illusion or a slightly smarter bone minion), all might be fine. +minion damage wont affect it, -minion-recharge, minion-lifesteal and minion-boon-rip wouldn’t either.
the only synergies it would have are protection of the horde(for a short time) and death nova.

or you could alter its attack so it deals minimal direct damage, but has other effects. like more bleed. or a cripple. this way +minion-damage wont do anything.

or you dont allow it to attack at all but give it an aura, that poisons, cripples or does other stuff. again, minion-damage and the minion-on-hit-traits wont buff it this way.

not saying this is the way to go but i think it’s possible to make reanimator and the jagged horror as a minion useful for non-MMs without making it overpowered for minion masters.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold