Reaper Shroud A little Too OP

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Reaper is still a free kill for mesmers.

Players are going to learn to dodge RS 5 and the rest of reaper shroud isn’t too scary.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Reaper was designed to be kited and is still as susceptible to hard CC as Necromancer. Close combat and conditions play to Reaper’s strength.

You can literally starve Reaper running great sword of Life Force by staying out of range forcing Reaper to use staff or axe, which effectively changes Reaper into a pear-shaped powermancer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

As I run a build that clears condi’s, even that can’t stand a Reaper’s shroud skills, my characters just are no match to the pure damage a reaper is doing and I find the reaper being just a little bit too much over powered.

the conditions are minor dmg. or no dmg at all(fear and chilled. though chilled does minor dmg)

reaper’s dmg is also low and short range. until you go shroud and use that 50% crit chance while in shroud(which ISN’T a reaper trait. its a necro trait)

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

As I run a build that clears condi’s, even that can’t stand a Reaper’s shroud skills, my characters just are no match to the pure damage a reaper is doing and I find the reaper being just a little bit too much over powered.

the conditions are minor dmg. or no dmg at all(fear and chilled. though chilled does minor dmg)

reaper’s dmg is also low and short range. until you go shroud and use that 50% crit chance while in shroud(which ISN’T a reaper trait. its a necro trait)

The best reaper build I had found didn’t even use SR. Reaper damage isn’t low, it is short range though. Greatsword hits hard as hell. I used spite,curses,reaper with decimate defenses zerker amulet and fury I am always critting. You can crit almost all the time with celestial as well and honestly I still had some 9k grave diggers with cele amulet but Zerker was the most fun to play. If you go zerker and take CtD, CoD, Chilling Nova, decimate defenses. Grab a hydromancy and a fire sigil on gs. The results are quite satisfying when it happens.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nynuwe.5893

Nynuwe.5893

So Tl;DR for this thread:
“If you find Reaper to hard to deal with, just L2P. Stay away from melee range and kite it.”

When Revenant does better than Necro
in every playstyle imaginable,
they’ll call it a day and release HoT.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

vs Mesmers when solo roaming I actually had an easier time on Reaper, was the only class vs who I could with RS AA sustain my shroud somewhat due to its scaleing effect and killing clones. Rangers kill Reapers if they can stay at range tho, well most good kiters tbh so you need to get to them fast. When a Reaper is on top of an enemy he really brings the hurt, for a moment I kinda felt like a Warrior….

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

In the meantime while nitpicking about Reapers being good, anybody else see this berserker video? https://youtu.be/rG9-7XynxhY

Yeah…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

The nice thing about fighting reaper is that they lose a lot of dps if you make them use their shroud up chasing you. At melee range, all of their scary stuff can be used, like a Soul Spiral on top of an Ice field, or even just dhuumfire boosted autoattacks.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I agree that Reapers are way to high in dps right now. The answer is constantly, “Well just stay away from them”. The problem is in conquest game mode you can’t just stay back. GS3 > GS 2 combo can wipe most people’s health bars, especially when you add in a shout that can give you 14-22 stacks of might. Oh and you can make it unblockable. And did I mention that RS 4 can put 11 stacks of poison on someone, all while having an extremely high damage coefficient? Plus the heartseeker skill just tops it off. Ultimately I can’t see how reaper can be allowed into the game as strong as it is right now, unless other professions get some serious buffs. This to me seems like the start of power creep…

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

In the meantime while nitpicking about Reapers being good, anybody else see this berserker video? https://youtu.be/rG9-7XynxhY

Yeah…

Oh yeah I’m remeber that one, it’s quite funny to see but it seems to be only good in zergs due to the player density unlike in pvp.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I agree that Reapers are way to high in dps right now. The answer is constantly, “Well just stay away from them”. The problem is in conquest game mode you can’t just stay back. GS3 > GS 2 combo can wipe most people’s health bars, especially when you add in a shout that can give you 14-22 stacks of might. Oh and you can make it unblockable. And did I mention that RS 4 can put 11 stacks of poison on someone, all while having an extremely high damage coefficient? Plus the heartseeker skill just tops it off. Ultimately I can’t see how reaper can be allowed into the game as strong as it is right now, unless other professions get some serious buffs. This to me seems like the start of power creep…

That’s quite a lot of setup for one gravedigger reminds me of a recent stealth ice bow vid. Also how long do you need to stand in front of a reaper to eat that much poison, 3~4 seconds? also what heartseeker?

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

On the balancing side of this, reaper has to literally sit there and take everything you throw at them. If there are enough people to generate that much might, the necro is likely dying.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nynuwe.5893

Nynuwe.5893

That’s quite a lot of setup for one gravedigger reminds me of a recent stealth ice bow vid. Also how long do you need to stand in front of a reaper to eat that much poison, 3~4 seconds? also what heartseeker?

This has to be a troll. How can someone just stand in front of a Reaper, get beaten, and then cry that Reaper is too strong? I played as and against Reapers in conquest. Guess, what? I just easily kited them. Heck, I even ran into rocks a few times as I tried to kite them, and they still didn’t just end me right then and there. And those were 1v1 but also I did meet them in groups. Fella, hate to break this to you, but you are crying for the nerf button just so you don’t have to put up the effort to learn.

When Revenant does better than Necro
in every playstyle imaginable,
they’ll call it a day and release HoT.

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

I cant stop laughing when i read this guys posts, can we send him back to the PU forums plz ? He apperantly got “Meleed” by a Necro, something that cant happen with current Necro, here is a suggestion for you: try move 5ft away from the Reaper !!

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Reaper sustainability due to bug. Blighters boon not the culprit. Reaper shroud melting when away from bugged terrain.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sparda.9750

Sparda.9750

i played the valky reaper, with spite, SR, and Reaper
i put the traits who allowed me to stack a lot of vulnerability and i had 100% of critical chance in RS.. with 210% of CD.. i critted over 10k with gravedigger against heavy murderer warrior.. 28k of hp and chill spam.. very funny build in 1v1 and in spvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Truefrost.6815

Truefrost.6815

You can’t honestly be serious…? I’m going to be realistic here. I think this is a lrn2ply issue. Just because the level of skill of the player is low doesn’t make the specialization OP.

Server: Yak’s Bend | Main: Aliah Raheim
Necro main since beta, MMO fanatic and avid beta tester.

(edited by Truefrost.6815)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyth.3492

Nyth.3492

I agree that Reapers are way to high in dps right now. The answer is constantly, “Well just stay away from them”. The problem is in conquest game mode you can’t just stay back.

Yes and no.

I understand that in conquest a reaper can play to the strength of the point by just standing on it and holding it with decent tankiness and decent dps.
However that doesn’t mean you can’t at all play to the reaper’s weakness. In stead of running onto the point to try and duke it out with him mano-a-mano. Try nailing him from range. I’ve seen GS mesmers tear reapers apart; I’ve seen rangers tear reapers apart (if reapers ever become the new meta for sPvP; rangers might well become the counter-meta for that); even warriors can deal with reapers by using a combination of the longbow and/or high CC.

Let’s see it play out first. Before we nerf the class, that together with ranger have been down in the dirt for WAY too long, prematurely

The current meta is very full of builds that thrive on being in melee range and duking it out with relative high bursty damage in short fights.
Reaper seems to be a semi-counter to those kind of builds. Reaper can out sustain the initial burst, drag out the fight a bit and then rip through the rather low defenses.

(edited by Nyth.3492)

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

Reaper sustainability due to bug. Blighters boon not the culprit. Reaper shroud melting when away from bugged terrain.

This, basicly on points with that terrain near by, everywhere else ingame RS melts off

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andlat Helsonr.1284

Andlat Helsonr.1284

This, basicly on points with that terrain near by, everywhere else ingame RS melts off

Yes, even if you watch the VODs from Noscoc’s (The Abjured’s necromancer player) stream, you will see that there are some situations where he is caught off-guard or just pressured too heavily, which results in him being CCd to death. The more people learn about the spec, its animations and moments of vulnerability, the less OP it will seem.

Link to VODs mentioned http://www.twitch.tv/noscoc

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

Yea Reaper aint even close to OP not like the current Mesmer trait PU… fact is just that most players see Necro as a Range-Dps caster that are weak upclose and wich cant really disengage…

…and the Reaper is a Melee oriented (still light armor) class that u really souldnt stick to unless u have some tools ready: like stance,signet of stone, block aso… The diffrence is Reaper hurts upclose but suffers at range and the Reaper wants u to be near him, he even feeds on more being near him & when players get that he will be much easier to handel.

btw if u wanna fight a Reaper on point just send in a DD Ele, aint nothing takeing those down

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezkiel.7059

Ezkiel.7059

I would really love if it was OP but its far from it as it still have rather poor stability/stun break and gap closers. That leap is way too buggy for that and while no3 stability is nice to have it gets off rather fast. I’d say that some skill could still use boost XD

You can still get rather easy chain stunned while in shroud not to mention how hard is to catch up with someone once he get some distance.

You want to kill reaper well you dont face tank its dmg abuse stealth, block and create distance once you see it popping into shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sparda.9750

Sparda.9750

i like new skill set.. can t see nothing wrong.. gap closer, new combo ( chill armor and whirl ), good survability, excellent dps.. what s the point?? that ele DD burns people down??
sometimes seems we are all pro players that play pro tournaments.. could be a matter of skill instead??

in Necromancer

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

To all those criticizing my post: I wasn’t complaining about being against a reaper. I was playing the reaper. Maybe you haven’t read my signature, but one of the classes I have champ title in is NECRO. I’m just saying that I don’t want necro to become a cheese class. I’m super glad it has a really nice specialization. And I don’t think it needs to be nerfed into the ground. But it is far to easy at the moment to pull off crazy dps on it which feels unfair to me. I’m happy all of you are having a blast in this forum just going “omg yay reaper, l2p, you must suck if you think tweak!” but some of us actually want a balanced game. And no two instant cast shouts is not a huge setup to pull off, and in conquest standing on a point against a necro with a huge cleave radius for more than a second is highly likely when you are trying to hold the point from being capped.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

This is just not true, if you’re referring to SPvP.

I’d say Reaper’s Shroud is relatively balanced while the Greatsword still needs a lot of love to be effective in PvP, bringing the specialization to subpar overall at best.

When the BWE ended, while I was sad to go back to my power necro, I couldn’t help but enjoy how very much easier it was to do well with in PvP than the reaper. Much, much easier. Mostly because the greatsword is a very underwhelming weapon but also because necros who cannot leave melee range or really escape are VERY easy to focus.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

If you’re getting hit by gravedigger consistently as that skill currently is, then I’m sorry but this is an issue of player skill and not whether or not the class is OP.

Edit: I see he’s already had this pointed out several times…oh well!

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

“If you’re getting hit by gravedigger consistently as that skill currently is, then I’m sorry but this is an issue of player skill and not whether or not the class is OP.”

Yes and Iam getting upset mostly cause when something is new and ppl havent adapted yet still come with OP-Threads… I saw Rangers, Engis adapt pretty fast and when Melee classes notice they may not have it so easy uplcose vs a Reaper they adapt and maybe add a range weapon, like a Warrior takeing Rifle aso…

Its downto skill, adapting, bypassing the new shiny and yes player skill. But a good even great player will be hit by a Gravedigger or Executione Scythe here and there most will NOT land and RS sustain is quite weak in 1v1.

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raziel.8072

Raziel.8072

I find it downright comical when I see responses like this. You can always tell the ones who used to enjoy their free kills on necro. Now that it requires a miniscule measure of skill to kill one people are up in arms. Let me do a short reply to your concerns:

• “The problem in conquest mode is you just can’t stay back” Never played engi I guess? not all engis turtle on point. Same goes for rangers. They don’t need to turtle points if they can wipe a whole group from range then sit on the point for cap. Revise tactics.
  • “add in a shout that gives 14-22 stacks of might” umm….that would only be possible if your entire team was sitting on top of the reaper…why on earth is your entire team sitting on A SINGLE POINT right on top of a reaper in shout range? Reaper shouts have reasonably short range….
  • “11 stacks of poison on someone” were you just sitting there snacking on spiral or something? Reaper has 1 skill that does poison now….1 ….they removed poison from GS. Perhaps try dodging next time? Using an interrupt/block/invuln, cleanse, you know all those tricks all other classes enjoy the benefits from?
  • “The heartseeker skill tops it all off” I’m going to assume you are just mislabeling gravedigger and not actually asuming necro has a skill like heartseeker. GD has such a long windup you can literally walk backwards and not get hit. Not even waste a dodge. Just stroll off into the sunset. GS is not, and prob never will be, a serious competitive mode weapon. It’s far too slow, too many condi cleanses available in an excessive state throughout the game make the chill on it pointless. It’s downright beastly in pve and capping camps in wvw though, don’t get me wrong.

The days of smacking around a defenseless necro are over, adjust your tactics accordingly, but do not come here demanding a class that has been dragged through the mud for the past 3 years to be nerfed before we even get to enjoy it.

Last thing:

• “This seems to me like the start of power creep”
    My friend, Mesmer forums are that way —-—> you wanna talk about power creep, go visit them for a while and toss around inaccurate reviews of their class instead.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balletboy.2704

Balletboy.2704

I have a huge problem with reapers in guild wars. It used to be that I ( being a mesmer of three years) used to see a necro in pvp and welcome the challenge of that fight. I find that mesmer and necro battles are fun and great match ups. However. That is not the case today. In todays world of reapers, they are very op. Espeacially with their shroud. When a running agaisnt a reaper, you have to worry about clearing the condis and god forbid they have minions, you have to worry about them as well. If you manage to survive all that and deal damage they pop their shroud and gain a second bar of health! In the end a reaper will outlast you. No matter what. The only way i as a mesmer player can find a way to deal with a reaper is with a moa morph. moa destroys their minions and shuts them down. But i have seen that their shroud continues even in moa morph! Meaning you basically can deal no dmg while they eat your life just by being close. They pop all their wells and you cannot even fairly fight them because you end surrounded in a very large aoe field of their skills. In the last patch every class got nerged while reaper got buffed. I sense a favortism with the reaper from anet. I love this game and its combat. But if you cannot fairly fight, what is the point if it takes 4 people to take down a reaper in pvp sheerly because their shroud keeps them alive for so long absorbing dmg. Inspite of that what does anet do to chronomancer? Reduce the time of our shield because they say it is too op. You mean it was the only thing keeping me alive agaisnt the mass well spawn of a reaper so you go and nerf it and take away my power. Anet i had a guild in this game of welk over 150 players. They all quit and swtiched to blade and soul because at least that pvp isnt unbalanced.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Speaking of necros….

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

I have a huge problem with reapers in guild wars. It used to be that I ( being a mesmer of three years) used to see a necro in pvp and welcome the challenge of that fight. I find that mesmer and necro battles are fun and great match ups. However. That is not the case today. In todays world of reapers, they are very op. Espeacially with their shroud. When a running agaisnt a reaper, you have to worry about clearing the condis and god forbid they have minions, you have to worry about them as well. If you manage to survive all that and deal damage they pop their shroud and gain a second bar of health! In the end a reaper will outlast you. No matter what. The only way i as a mesmer player can find a way to deal with a reaper is with a moa morph. moa destroys their minions and shuts them down. But i have seen that
their shroud continues even in moa morph! Meaning you basically can deal no dmg while they eat your life just by being close. They pop all their wells and you cannot even fairly fight them because you end surrounded in a very large aoe field of their skills. In the last patch every class got nerged while reaper got buffed. I sense a favortism with the reaper from anet. I love this game and its combat. But if you cannot fairly fight, what is the point if it takes 4 people to take down a reaper in pvp sheerly because their shroud keeps them alive for so long absorbing dmg. Inspite of that what does anet do to chronomancer? Reduce the time of our shield because they say it is too op. You mean it was the only thing keeping me alive agaisnt the mass well spawn of a reaper so you go and nerf it and take away my power. Anet i had a guild in this game of welk over 150 players. They all quit and swtiched to blade and soul because at least that pvp isnt unbalanced.

Coming for a necro player who has hit legend this season solo queueing with nothing but necro, you’re wrong about moa. Moa literally shuts down a necro completely for those 10 seconds and can be a guaranteed win for the mesmer if it lands and he has no life force to jump into after moa ends. Yes, necro is strong at the moment in 1v1 scenario’s and great in team fights but we still lack the ability to deal with focus fire effectively since we don’t have blocks, invul’s, etc and our lack of mobility is also apparent.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Reaper is strong for 2 reasons only.
1) They build variety. They can take reapper line and any 2 other lines and still make a viable/solid build.
2) They have strong synergy between traits and traits between skill trees and weapon skills.

This is also why warrior is not so strong. No build variety. No synergy between traits/skill trees and weapons.

So the obvous response to this is, “lets nerf what works and what every profession should have had.”

Scrapper is strong. Although not as strong, it still has good synergy between trees.
Rev is strong..still weak to conditions, but overall good synergy between trees and herald.

etc etc..

Look at who is weak..the professions that have no synergy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

That necro bump (lol) but in all seriousness, I think the blatant push to condi is the problem. Conditions are too strong in general, IMO, right now and since necro excells at dealing with condi, they’re seen as OP. The solution has, and always has been, range. Scepter has very weak startup condi application and it’s only 900 range, everyone but thief has access to 1200 range and thief deals with Nec in other ways. Giving a Nec a lot of free, easy to kill targets, like clones, is just helping him and that’s just something a mesmer has to work around. More targets to shout and pull effects from as well as reducing the CD of the shouts is something you need to think about when you have 3 clones staring at a Nec that haven’t been shattered. Starve him of LF and interupt his heal, kite the shroud and pressure him when not in shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I think the total amount of death shroud should be count in half, but necros should be allowed to use their heal, utilities, and elite to compensate

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

I think the total amount of death shroud should be count in half, but necros should be allowed to use their heal, utilities, and elite to compensate

yeah cut it in half and give them invul and blocks + evades sounds fair

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

yeah cut it in half and give them invul and blocks + evades sounds fair

Yes please! We can call it a nerf if it helps everyone else feel better. I’m usually only in shroud for 3 or 4 seconds anyway. If I’m in longer it’s probably because 2 thieves, 2 rangers and a rev are trying to kill me.

More mobility too while we’re at it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

To be completely honest, I would probably trade the concept of using life force purely for Shroud to acquire a few utilities along the lines of “Assume a spectral shell for a short duration, blocking all incoming attacks. Each strike to you drains a percentage of Life Force.” Active defenses would be wonderful, even if it required us to alternatively use our class mechanic.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

To be completely honest, I would probably trade the concept of using life force purely for Shroud to acquire a few utilities along the lines of “Assume a spectral shell for a short duration, blocking all incoming attacks. Each strike to you drains a percentage of Life Force.” Active defenses would be wonderful, even if it required us to alternatively use our class mechanic.

maybe if they give us shroud utiliteies thats uses lf to activate for defence

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Reaper is strong for 2 reasons only.
1) They build variety. They can take reapper line and any 2 other lines and still make a viable/solid build.
2) They have strong synergy between traits and traits between skill trees and weapon skills.

This is also why warrior is not so strong. No build variety. No synergy between traits/skill trees and weapons.

So the obvous response to this is, “lets nerf what works and what every profession should have had.”

Scrapper is strong. Although not as strong, it still has good synergy between trees.
Rev is strong..still weak to conditions, but overall good synergy between trees and herald.

etc etc..

Look at who is weak..the professions that have no synergy.

Any necro build without Soul reaping has terrible life force generation, and if you try to compensate somewhere else for the life force, you end up with bad damage output. And you certainly don’t want to play as a support necro.

So you’re wrong about that aspect regarding reapers.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I haven’t been finding myself starved of life force in my build, which is Spite/Curses/Reaper. Of course, I also use Your Soul is Mine, usually traited, and Chilling Victory.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

CutesySylveon.8290

Starving in the sense that do NOT keep smacking the Nec whe spectral armor/walk is up. Avoid dagger AA chain and especially if they have warhorn. YsiM makes it much harder to keep LF off of them, but that also means they don’t have consume conditions and are more susceptible to condi, even just annoying condi like cripple. Scepter is slow to get going so keep the pressure up and disengage when shroud comes up. When it drops you have, at the very least, seven seconds where he’s locked out of shroud unless he’s running Unholy Sanctuary, but that isn’t used much as far as I know. CC when shroud drops because little stab access, and you have a dead necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RemovedQuasar.6108

RemovedQuasar.6108

Nerf the reaper or put a kitten ed class limit. 3 reapers are hard to stop.

in Necromancer

CutesySylveon.8290

Nice job with the ‘Nerf it nouww!!!’ post. Care to offer some explanation as to why and how they should be nerfed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

Reaper needs nerfs in the same way that every profession needs nerfs after Hot powercreep. Even though OP isn’t articulating well doesn’t mean reaper shouldn’t have it’s numbers tweaked, especially in it’s access to poison stacks, raw damage and CC (chill, fear). It is also the only profession with meaningful access to boon conversion, with no checks on it other than some transient, self-inflicted vulnerability. Even the CDs are low for it. OP doesnt have specifics because literally all of reapers skills are out the door easy to spam and target everyone. A toddler could could rush in, click “Chilled to the Bone!”, “Rise!”, and “Nothing can save you!”, enter RS for stability and then go AA the rest of the match with the other 3 reapers on the map. I stopped playing necro before HoT cause i thought it was too easy. Now it’s just gotten ridiculous. I main elementalist and even i admit that tempest is AIDS too. C’mon guys, own up. Every match has like 4 necromamcers because they are the easiest profession to play besides guardian. They are the only proffession with 2 meta builds. I am gobsmacked people genuinely believe reaper isn’t even the slightest bit overpowered.

Imb4 “but reaper takes skill to master and teefs and no mobility or ranged. Also all i can run is power qq”- too kittening bad. Crazy concept: reaper can have downsides and still be a critically overpowered noob magnet. All you can run is deathly chill or corruptomancer? Aww poor baby. Guess what warrior can run? Away from ranked.

(edited by Alex Shatter.7956)

in Necromancer

CutesySylveon.8290

Lol I never said it wasn’t due for a nerf. I know reaper is too strong in the condi department and that, to me is more so, but not entirely, due to the state of condi in general atm. Chill damage is fine, it’s the upkeep and application of it that’s unbelievably out of hand. I was against all the added corruption because it doesn’t solve the boon spamming problem properly and it just makes condi stronger and pushed towards more. The answer to all the free boons tossed around is to tone them down, not buff corruption/stripping options. Power Nec is not a bad option as a build, but in the current meta it is, and that’s an issue. Condi reaper, super tank scrapper, hyper support tempest, rev as a whole (the class is a mess on both ends of the OP and worthless scale) are all in dire need of addressing and toning down.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Reaper needs nerfs in the same way that every profession needs nerfs after Hot powercreep. Even though OP isn’t articulating well doesn’t mean reaper shouldn’t have it’s numbers tweaked, especially in it’s access to poison stacks, raw damage and CC (chill, fear). It is also the only profession with meaningful access to boon conversion, with no checks on it other than some transient, self-inflicted vulnerability. Even the CDs are low for it. OP doesnt have specifics because literally all of reapers skills are out the door easy to spam and target everyone. A toddler could could rush in, click “Chilled to the Bone!”, “Rise!”, and “Nothing can save you!”, enter RS for stability and then go AA the rest of the match with the other 3 reapers on the map. I stopped playing necro before HoT cause i thought it was too easy. Now it’s just gotten ridiculous. I main elementalist and even i admit that tempest is AIDS too. C’mon guys, own up. Every match has like 4 necromamcers because they are the easiest profession to play besides guardian. They are the only proffession with 2 meta builds. I am gobsmacked people genuinely believe reaper isn’t even the slightest bit overpowered.

Imb4 “but reaper takes skill to master and teefs and no mobility or ranged. Also all i can run is power qq”- too kittening bad. Crazy concept: reaper can have downsides and still be a critically overpowered noob magnet. All you can run is deathly chill or corruptomancer? Aww poor baby. Guess what warrior can run? Away from ranked.

+1

<—Reaper main

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

Lol I never said it wasn’t due for a nerf. I know reaper is too strong in the condi department and that, to me is more so, but not entirely, due to the state of condi in general atm. Chill damage is fine, it’s the upkeep and application of it that’s unbelievably out of hand. I was against all the added corruption because it doesn’t solve the boon spamming problem properly and it just makes condi stronger and pushed towards more. The answer to all the free boons tossed around is to tone them down, not buff corruption/stripping options. Power Nec is not a bad option as a build, but in the current meta it is, and that’s an issue. Condi reaper, super tank scrapper, hyper support tempest, rev as a whole (the class is a mess on both ends of the OP and worthless scale) are all in dire need of addressing and toning down.

Here’s my idea of what needs to happen to each of those professions:

—> I’d like Reaper to have a higher skill cap. Make the shouts stronger, but affect less targets and have longer CD. Buff corruptions, but give them longer CD more drawbacks (self poison, self bleed, like in GW1). Allow for skill chaining (more things like- if target foe is chilled, then inflect stacks of torment). Make reaper AA hit less people. Buff core necromancer damage output (if they did this, i might pick mine up again). The profession itself takes like no skill to play at the moment (really)

—> Scrapper just needs CC checked imo. Nerfing Thunderclap and gyro explosion daze thing would be a huge quality of life bonus for all spvpers. Slick shoes needs a huge nerf. Scrapper has survivability that needs toned down too, but all i think is that numbers need to be tweaked.

—> Elementalist needs auramancer to be run into the ground. I’m guessing the overloads did so much AoE damage that anet decided to make all the tempest traits support. If they just got rid of the “heal on aura” trait, “regen on aura” trait, replaced it with attunement specific abilities (auras grant stability while attuned to earth, lightning strike-on-hit when air, increased ferocity while fire, and heal water) would encourage more build diversity and cut the healing by a lot. Or just replacing it with stability and quickness (ICD). TL;DR tempest traits need an overhaul.