Replace Dark Path with Spectral Grasp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Food for thought: Back when Fear was a PBAoE and Life Transfer rooted you, it made sense to get up nice and cozy in the center of the action. Doom is now a 1,200 single target with Life Transfer usable while moving. The only reason Dark Path exists now is so Dagger/Axe Necromancers have a way to gap close and snare.

This does not add any mobility which it seems the devs do not want to give to Necromancers (Dark Path as a ground target blink in dev cycle was pretty op!). This does not take away from the Necromancer’s ability to close distance for their sets with shorter reach.

This does not add a new power to the Necromancer that it previously did not have, it’s not an outrageous change or a complete overhaul.

This does make Death Shroud more interesting and offers the Necromancer more control/positioning tools. Something it really lacks when making comparisons to professions most alike it. Perhaps it can keep the 3 stack bleed Dark Path has or change Life Blast to something akin the Ranger’s shortbow, bleed when flanking. Fun for all Necromancers!

TLDR: Replace Dark Path with a Spectral Grasp

in Necromancer

Posted by: SimVanLee.3421

SimVanLee.3421

This is a great suggestion …. i would like to encourage you to post this in the SUGGESTION Forum as well.

But i guess Dark Path is kind of helpful to get to more targets at once for using life transfer….i still like your idea

Corvin Bloodroot † 80 Sylvari Necro † Kodash
Corvin Caboom † 80 Norn Engineer † Kodash
Corvin Mistwalker † 80 Norn Revenant † Kodash

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shadestrike.4372

Shadestrike.4372

I think it should stay the way it is simply because we already HAVE Spectral Grasp, and Necromancer’s have so few gap closers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SimVanLee.3421

SimVanLee.3421

Maybe it can just be switched.. making Dark Path a Utility Spell. So no spell is lost

Corvin Bloodroot † 80 Sylvari Necro † Kodash
Corvin Caboom † 80 Norn Engineer † Kodash
Corvin Mistwalker † 80 Norn Revenant † Kodash

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

I think it should stay the way it is simply because we already HAVE Spectral Grasp, and Necromancer’s have so few gap closers.

Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough. But the intention is that Spectral Grasp take’s Dark Path’s spot. So it becomes baseline, something like Doom where all Necromancers have access to.

Through this change, the utility skill will be removed as it will then exist on Death Shroud’s bar.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hithlum.7153

Hithlum.7153

Please no. I love my Dark Path where it is now and would hate to trade it for Spectral Grasp. In my mind Dark Path is less situational than Spectral Grasp(which I also love, but I swap it away for other skills all the time).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I actually thought of this same exact idea.

I think it would be better to swap them.

Dark Path is an ability EVERY necro has to use, and only dagger (and MAYBE axe) necro’s would actually want to shoot into melee.

But most of the time if I want to pop dark path for the bleed/chill I want to stay where I’m at like I can with Life Blast.

They could completely swap the abilities. Dark Path becomes Spectral Grasp the way it is + the bleed. And Dark Path becomes a short cd utility that doesn’t have to rely on a projectile and is essentially a Shadow Step (that looks awesome) with some additional extra function like an aoe chill/blind or w/e.