Revenant Getting What We've Always Wanted?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

No, Glint’s egg is a new dragon, like Gleam (Glint’s child who had hatched before Eye of the North) was. Specifically a dragon who is friendly (or at least, not hostile) to the races of Tyria.

Weird, she doesnt look like a dragon ;-)

Yes it does.
We just don’t know what’s happened to it.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

first, mine is a qq post “they got it and we didnt”

i mean, on one hand its good that there is finally a new class here, with a uniqueish feel to it. kudos to anet for this, they have always had this ability.

then again, wtf. half of the useless traits on necro is what seems like the revenat got, simply revamped and kitten. ill remain not hopeful or despondent, but simply waiting to see what happens.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Drarnor, do you really think a being like Glint who :
- lived for more than 3000 years
- who can foresee the futur
- which is a being of high intelligence and wisdom that reveal things only on the necessary moment
- which have been granted enough power from the god to guard the world
could be fool enough to bet everything, resigning it’s long time duty given to her by the god, on a fight with a small party of human being. And this without a back up plan. Living the world protection to an orphan newborn being without any clue of what to do but with a power strong enough to shake the ancient dragon.
Sorry but I highly doubt it. There is a great difference between glint and rurik. Rurik is a low life span mortal while glint is way more than that.
Beside some LS2 chapter would feel awkward to do with the revenant.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

- which is a being of high intelligence and wisdom that reveal things only on the necessary moment
could be fool enough to bet everything, resigning it’s long time duty given to her by the god, on a fight with a small party of human being. And this without a back up plan. Living the world protection to an orphan newborn being without any clue of what to do but with a power strong enough to shake the ancient dragon.
Sorry but I highly doubt it. There is a great difference between glint and rurik. Rurik is a low life span mortal while glint is way more than that.

Back up plan sure, but all this doesnt mean that she can/does reincarnate herself from her own egg.

No, it would feel pretty cool actually. Even better if they provide some extra dialogue regarding your glint-legend-using revenant.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Because we’ve already seen a set of thief-looking skills on one of the videos, and Shiro is the most “legendary” thief in GW.

Err… actually Vizu is the most Legendary Thief. She backstabbed Shiro.

To be fair, even though she killed Shiro it was his scream that made the Jade Sea turn to Jade. Also there’s Echovald Forest. Long after her death his still had an effect on the world, and still (presumably) does.

you’re making some lore mistakes.
1) she didnt kill him, she disarmed him and made him vulnerable. he was killed by archemorus and saint viktor with his own blades
2) it wasn’t HIS scream/power. it was just unleashed dwayna energy (most likely corrupted by abaddon) that he absorbed from emperor when he assassinated him (the energy was given to the emperor at the Harvest Ceremony and you can see the whole process on gw factions trailer)

in Necromancer

RashanDale.3609

2) it wasn’t HIS scream/power. it was just unleashed dwayna energy (most likely corrupted by abaddon) that he absorbed from emperor when he assassinated him (the energy was given to the emperor at the Harvest Ceremony and you can see the whole process on gw factions trailer)

It definitely was HIS scream. it wasnt the emperor or dwayna screaming, it was Shiro. doesnt matter where he got the power from.

and absorbing the power from the emperor does make it HIS power, at least in my book.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

We know she hid something for us in the Heart of Maguuma, according to Colin at PAX South. We know she thought ahead and gave the Master of Peace one of her eggs.

She had a back-up plan. That is without a doubt. She fully expected to die when Kralkatorrik inevitably awoke, which is why she did those things. The arrival of Destiny’s Edge on the day of his awakening was a bit of surprise to her, which could have resulted in her surviving. It didn’t, though, but her plans were made around the assumption she would die that day.

This does not, in any way, insinuate she is going to be reincarnated. Glint is dead, and we will never speak to her in the future (barring time travel, which we have never seen happen).

It is possible that Gleam and the egg Caithe has become players.

Also, the Gods didn’t grant Glint anything.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Omg, these last posts…

Can’t you guys see what those Revenants are doing to us, the Necro-community? It’s trying to splinter us! Don’t let this happen! Forget about Glint or Shiro! It’s important that we stay focused on our new enemy!

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Omg, these last posts…

Can’t you guys see what those Revenants are doing to us, the Necro-community? It’s trying to splinter us! Don’t let this happen! Forget about Glint or Shiro! It’s important that we stay focused on our new enemy!

You mean the Mallyx Revenants we’ll pop like balloons? :p

Really, I don’t see anything in the reveal that will give Necros trouble against Revenants. Overall poor condition removal and a lack of stunbreakers is pretty harsh to play with.

So, fighting Revenants, I’m not concerned about in the slightest. Justifying your party slot when they could have brought a Revenant is a different story.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

RashanDale.3609

Omg, these last posts…

Really, I don’t see anything in the reveal that will give Necros trouble against Revenants. Overall poor condition removal and a lack of stunbreakers is pretty harsh to play with.

So, fighting Revenants, I’m not concerned about in the slightest. Justifying your party slot when they could have brought a Revenant is a different story.

We’ve still only seen 2 of the legends and 3/5 traitlines. What exactly makes you so sure that there wont be any more condi hate on revenants?

Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Omg, these last posts…

We’ve still only seen 2 of the legends and 3/5 traitlines. What exactly makes you so sure that there wont be any more condi hate on revenants?

Oh, there probably will be. We also haven’t seen a complete traitline yet (only 3 adept majors, 3 master majors when every extant traitline has 6 and 4 respectively). But if there isn’t “condi hate” on the condition manipulation and tanking legends, it’s unlikely there will be a lot at all. Assuming there is a support-style legend, it is the most likely to have it in any decent amount.

If that’s the case, the legend swap is the thing to watch for.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Rejuvenating Assault

We wanted to promote healing through offense rather than as a passive effect.

10+ years of not being able to balance lifesteal.

The last 2 tries to make lifesteal work resulted in terrible Guardian and necromancer heals.

Why is anet still trying to make lifesteal happen? It’s not going to happen. Square peg, round hole.

“Promoting healing through offense” at least is a new way to phrase things.

I would be upset that this is anet again putting fixed necromancer ideas on the Revenant, but we all know that this isn’t going to work. Wait for the revenant staff numbers to come out. Bet you they will be signet of vampirism worthy for both damage and healing.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

What’s bother me is if i want to play rev either i’ll need 2 sets of armor, play hybrid or celestial, it’s not very attractive on this point look very limited.

what the hell are you talking about?

I’m talking about the REVENANT, you know? A Revenant may choose 2 legends that can be condition damage and/or power, you’ll have to have 2 armors/weapons/trinkets to switch between depending where you go(pve, wvw) unless you want to play hybrid that mean celestial or mixed armor like in the video. Understand?

unfortunately, we don’t even know that yet. all we know is that revenant gets a condition manipulation/applier in the form of that demon thing, and a dwarf legend. i imagine this will work in a similar way as elementalist’s attunements; with there being burst attacks on some of the condi legends, and some condition applications on some of the more heavy damage oriented legends.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I’ll be more than a little peeved if they push us out of a group spot by simply doing things better.

However I think they compete more with front line classes for their spot, with the cone abilities and defenses, and are a wierd kind of mutually assured destruction counter to condition classes like condition build necro. Just a superficial take on things mind you.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I’m surprised about the talk in Hidden Arcana:

“(…)Mallyx in particular is so offended at having his immense power borrowed by upstart mortals that using some of those powers will take health from the revenant(…)”

So Revenant will get health sacrafices. That’s something.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’m surprised about the talk in Hidden Arcana:

“(…)Mallyx in particular is so offended at having his immense power borrowed by upstart mortals that using some of those powers will take health from the revenant(…)”

So Revenant will get health sacrafices. That’s something.

In the form of self-conditions. Their elite pulses Torment on themselves, after all.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

I heard condi necro will rekt mallyx revenant. Will they rekt mallyx+ventari combo?

obey me

in Necromancer

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

I just learned Revs get a group consume condition through Purifying Essence on their tablet skill. What in the what? I am terribly confused. Anet understands what players value in group play at the moment. I dearly hope they are aiming to do some serious social engineering through balance and content to change that so that Necros can get a leg up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I heard condi necro will rekt mallyx revenant. Will they rekt mallyx+ventari combo?

From what we’ve seen, certainly. Look at Ventari utility and skill energy costs. It’s heavily oriented around group healing. Personally, I can’t wait to play it, because for me it looks powerful, but with incredible skill cap to play to the best potential.

However, I feel it may lack condition clears. And even healing, because you’ll most likely go Mace/Axe for Mallyx/Ventari combo, Staff has no condition pressure.

For me, it’s similar to WoW healing Monk in couple aspects and I look foward to Ventari Revenant. It has little boons, but ton of raw AoE party healing.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah except ventari legend forces you into a full set of other skills you probably dont want. Honestly now that we have seen more and more rev. Im not really considering the class anything special. Its got a lot of cool stuff and some nice utility. But it seems like its going to be a weak jack of all trades class. Kind of like engi/ele but with a wider range of options and more durable/defensive feel closer to guardian.

in Necromancer

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

From what we’ve seen, certainly. Look at Ventari utility and skill energy costs. It’s heavily oriented around group healing. Personally, I can’t wait to play it, because for me it looks powerful, but with incredible skill cap to play to the best potential.

However, I feel it may lack condition clears. And even healing, because you’ll most likely go Mace/Axe for Mallyx/Ventari combo, Staff has no condition pressure.

For me, it’s similar to WoW healing Monk in couple aspects and I look foward to Ventari Revenant. It has little boons, but ton of raw AoE party healing.

Actually in case of Mallyx+Ventari combo i would go for mace/shield.
http://i.imgur.com/wP1UXvH.jpg

And im not sure what you mean by lack of condi removal and he has quite well condi removal actually. 3 condi removal for 35 energy cost from tablet, 1 condi removal on a swap, another 1 condi removed on a dodge with 10cd. To get 35 energy it takes 6 seconds.

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgYEZAK8A6w~
Thats actually a build i see on Cleric Jalis+Ventari staff. I believe it work well with Mallyx+Ventari and mace/shield as well on a settler/cele amulet

obey me

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

I wondered if necros would react to the heal per condition cleanse. It’s similar to Consume Conditions, but there’s enough gameplay differences that they don’t compare 1:1.

Yeah except ventari legend forces you into a full set of other skills you probably dont want. Honestly now that we have seen more and more rev. Im not really considering the class anything special. Its got a lot of cool stuff and some nice utility. But it seems like its going to be a weak jack of all trades class. Kind of like engi/ele but with a wider range of options and more durable/defensive feel closer to guardian.

Honestly it looks like Revenant will be Jack of Exactly Two Trades. Each legend has a very narrow & deep focus, and they can only choose two.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

I wondered if necros would react to the heal per condition cleanse. It’s similar to Consume Conditions, but there’s enough gameplay differences that they don’t compare 1:1.

Honestly it looks like Revenant will be Jack of Exactly Two Trades. Each legend has a very narrow & deep focus, and they can only choose two.

Its like Ele and Engie had a baby that combined the jack of all trades that was Ele, with the possible limitations of Engie’s toolbox profession.

Edit: however they did mention that the next Legend pairs extremely well with Ventari.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

(edited by Daniel Handler.4816)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

I bet the majority of people that leave their main for Revenant as a main will be Necros.

The condi manipulations is game over for necros that want to spec condi, as if shoutbow was not killing condies in the meta already, Revenant will really end condi necros.

Ahh well at least the class looks cool.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I plan on making a rev, but I am kind of concerned about their lack of weapon swap. It makes perfect sense from a mechanics standpoint, but I’m not fully comfortable having a single weapon set, just because the weapons revealed so far are extremely specialized to their niche. If you use staff, you’ll probably be pigenonholed into a cleric set up, for instance. Hammer, seems to be of limited use as well. Mace/Axe seems to be the most useful set up they’ve shown so far, since I can see it doing well in either a carrion/rabid or celestial set up.

I find the legend swapping mechanic to be very interesting, its just that it seems strange to use a weapon specialized for a specific role when you take 3 specializations in different areas and have two legends which are also really specialized utility bars in themselves. So if you take mace/axe and mallyx, you don’t really stand to gain as much from the second legend, or from traitlines that aren’t corruption or invocation, from what we’ve seen so far anyway.

Plus based on datamining, revenant should get sword/sword and OH shield, and shiro tagachi and glint as other legends. The swords would be its DPS setup for sure, but as to what their elite spec could be, its anyone’s guess really, although a lot of people are thinking Glint for the elite and something like shortbow for the elite spec weapon due to some concept art somewhere.

I do think they will be able to outdo necromancers in some ways with a mallyx set up, but mostly because they seem to have much more access to things like stability and stunbreaks and all around better sustain than necromancer.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

but mostly because they seem to have much more access to things like stability and stunbreaks and all around better sustain than necromancer.

Bingo

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET