Robert did a great job of selling the changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: CratZ.6270

CratZ.6270

coco nerf still ruining everything for me, If only there was a viable alternative.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

It was almost enough to sell me on self-applied conditions being a positive on skills instead of a drawback. The problem is, it still requires management. While transfer and condition cleanse is much more available to Necromancers than it was before (Plague Signet’s cooldown going to 30s is pretty interesting, Plague Sending has potential) it will always be something that you need to use traits and skills to get.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

It almost sounded like he actually thought destroying Consume Conditions made it a more strategic and fun skill.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rhizo.5089

Rhizo.5089

That guy does not know his own changes. At 2:37 he states that CC is at 25 secs and that with master of corruption trait, necros can cast heal like every 20 secs. He might want to read his own changes. Cast time is now at 25 secs being increased to 30 secs with the 10 stacks of vulnerability and you need the trait to bring it back down to like 23 secs.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

That guy does not know his own changes. At 2:37 he states that CC is at 25 secs and that with master of corruption trait, necros can cast heal like every 20 secs. He might want to read his own changes. Cast time is now at 25 secs being increased to 30 secs with the 10 stacks of vulnerability and you need the trait to bring it back down to like 23 secs.

30 seconds, multiplied by 67% (Since the new Master of Corruption reduces cooldowns by 33%) yields 20 seconds. Not 23.

I mean if you’re going to try and call out a game developer, you could learn basic arithmetic first. Or read through the notes carefully, depending on where your mistake was.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Trait is 33% off, 33% off of 30 is 20 seconds.

Still bad changes.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: CratZ.6270

CratZ.6270

its a 33% reduction so it actually does go down to 20s

in Necromancer

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Look honestly he explained the changes that were made really well.

He didn’t explain the changes that weren’t made though, which are the real problem. Why is well of blood still crap? It’s worth so little that they’re ok with giving you one for free on an adept trait. Why are they ok with consume conditions being the best general use heal even after a change to make it more specialized? The problem isn’t on CC, its on well of blood/signet of vampirism.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in Necromancer

Cecilia.5179

He didn’t explain the changes that weren’t made though, which are the real problem. Why is well of blood still crap? It’s worth so little that they’re ok with giving you one for free on an adept trait. Why are they ok with consume conditions being the best general use heal even after a change to make it more specialized? The problem isn’t on CC, its on well of blood/signet of vampirism.

Actually, the problem is on all of the heal skills. Consume Conditions was our only good heal skill and they brought it down to the level of the other heals that are rather terrible instead of leaving consume conditions alone and bringing the other heal skills up to par. Seriously, with the shape our heals are in, WvW necros might start running something like Prayer to Dwayna

Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Linnael.1069

Actually, the problem is on all of the heal skills. Consume Conditions was our only good heal skill and they brought it down to the level of the other heals that are rather terrible instead of leaving consume conditions alone and bringing the other heal skills up to par. Seriously, with the shape our heals are in, WvW necros might start running something like Prayer to Dwayna

Not a chance, CC being poison-immune beats out dwayna by far. Regarding CC being bad, you might want to consider conditions getting far stronger in the future. It’ll be worse in terms of base numbers compared to live, but the utility of the full cleanse is going to skyrocket compared to live.

in Necromancer

Cecilia.5179

Not a chance, CC being poison-immune beats out dwayna by far. Regarding CC being bad, you might want to consider conditions getting far stronger in the future. It’ll be worse in terms of base numbers compared to live, but the utility of the full cleanse is going to skyrocket compared to live.

I can’t forsee conditions getting better when pewpew ranger can easily run empathic bond and d/d ele can easily run diamond skin.

#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Linnael.1069

I can’t forsee conditions getting better when pewpew ranger can easily run empathic bond and d/d ele can easily run diamond skin.

Empathic bond isn’t nearly as good as people think it is. The ranger running it loses about 20% of his total dps by dumping all his cripples etc. onto the pet.

D/d ele isn’t getting any better access to diamond skin. They’re still either giving up all damage by losing air, or giving up water/arcane and just getting shafted in any other matchup.

This isn’t even getting into the condi changes which are flat buffs across the board.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

The consume condition nerf was such a bad job, while there was no way they would touch shelter for guardians (one of their babies staple heal) SO MUCH BIAS, how do you think this nerf instills fun or counter play? Wtf. You want us to use other heals, the make them worth kitten. You failed selling that as the logic is simply not there. It’s ridiculous. Hey Gee, how about you play Necro more and get away from pen and paper a bit. Gain some experience on that class before you take a staple away and make it worse. Not only does our kittening heal put us and keep us in combat, it makes us kittening weaker, and it gets WORSE if you trait it, for a faster cooldown so I will again stay in combat longer while being weaker and forced to deal with another condition. Heal = potential for vuln plus a random condition like fear? Wtf I fear myself off a cliff? Or into a theifs backstabbing, while I’m vulnerable too? Are you even thinking? Or how about I need to heal to survive but now my heal chilled me and made me vulnerable, so now the least mobile class is kittening weak and can’t run away. How the kitten is weakening this heal a powerful ability that according to you is epitomized in corruptions. You did not mak it more powerful, you nerfed it. CRAP LOGIC

(edited by Gryph.8237)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Oh I still hate the Curses changes. Honestly Its absolutely terrible. And consume condition is just dreadful. As he was talking about Master of corruption I just couldn’t help but think “You can’t be serious?” Everyone is talking about how terrible this trait is. NO ONE is praising it! NO ONE wants to run it!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

The consume condition nerf was such a bad job, while there was no way the would touch shelter for guardians. SO MUCH BIAS, how do you think this i stills fun or counter play? Wtf. You want us to use other heals, the make them worth kitten. You failed selling that as the logic is simply not there. It’s ridiculous.

Thank your for ruining the trust the developers have with players. If you look into the warrior forum

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/josh-what-about-mending-physc-skills/first

they are getting a dev to respond by being polite. You are just spotting random crap into the air hoping that a dev will explain themselves to a player that is frothing at the mouth.

Give it a rest already. You obviously haven’t proven to them CC needs to be fixed. And you behave in an uncivilized matter, so no discussion on it will take place

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

The consume condition nerf was such a bad job, while there was no way the would touch shelter for guardians. SO MUCH BIAS, how do you think this i stills fun or counter play? Wtf. You want us to use other heals, the make them worth kitten. You failed selling that as the logic is simply not there. It’s ridiculous.

Thank your for ruining the trust the developers have with players. If you look into the warrior forum

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/josh-what-about-mending-physc-skills/first

they are getting a dev to respond by being polite. You are just spotting random crap into the air hoping that a dev will explain themselves to a player that is frothing at the mouth.

Give it a rest already. You obviously haven’t proven to them CC needs to be fixed. And you behave in an uncivilized matter, so no discussion on it will take place

Yes master I’ll do what you say master. Whatever. Thanks for the lecture

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Yes master I’ll do what you say master. Whatever. Thanks for the lecture

Isn’t it exhausting being so angry about the class all the time?

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’m actually so upset with most of the changes that I’ve been biting my tongue from saying really awful things…

I’ve put so much money in to this game I could probably own a small share of the company by now. Of course, no one forced me to open my wallet but it’s a bit like buying a shopping mall. It has all these wonderful things, you fall in love with a shoe store, so you keep donating money to that mall just for that one special place you love so much. But every time the mall goes under construction to add a new store your shoe store gets smaller and smaller until they close it.

Necromancer is the one thing that keeps me glued to this game 8+ hours a day. Of course, I’ve put a lot of love in to my Ranger as well but I’m a Necro at heart and I always go back to it even after I take a vacation. These changes though… I just don’t know if I want to stay around any longer. I feel betrayed.

When I started playing, I chose Engineer. Which I eventually dropped for Necromancer and never looked back. After all the buffs they’ve been getting though… I’m starting to wish I’d chosen a different main.

For the record however, I’m sure I could still very much enjoy myself with Necro even post patch. The problem though is that no matter how much fun you have with your favorite profession, if you’re even a little bit competitive… Fun starts to become a benefit to your effectiveness rather than the primary focus… And with I’m sure by now, over 4k hours in WvW and Phoenix rank in PvP… I’m a little more than competitive.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Oh I still hate the Curses changes. Honestly Its absolutely terrible. And consume condition is just dreadful. As he was talking about Master of corruption I just couldn’t help but think “You can’t be serious?” Everyone is talking about how terrible this trait is. NO ONE is praising it! NO ONE wants to run it!

I do, and I am. It looks like a fun trait. With conditions getting better across the board, a corruption/condi transfer build looks like it could be extremely fun.

Or does “NO ONE” just mean you and the posts you prefer to read?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I do, and I am. It looks like a fun trait. With conditions getting better across the board, a corruption/condi transfer build looks like it could be extremely fun.

Or does “NO ONE” just mean you and the posts you prefer to read?

I feel it more refers to practicality and PVP, if I’m honest. Without immediate transfers these doubling-conditions can be VERY problematic, especially taking 10% damage more from all sources for 4 seconds after you felt the need to heal. And even then, a few of our transfers requires that they actually land on the target. Beyond that~ you also are opting out of both Path of Corruption and Terror.

And to top it off, for most players, what really makes the trait terrible is that it is the cause of the baseline destruction. That’s enough to make anyone bitter. A few people might think this very niche trait might be “fun” to play with, at the cost of our only good heal.

Now, I’m not going to rage about it, but it’s certainly easy to understand being upset over…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

They’re answering questions about functions. They’ve done this on the necromancer forums too. This isn’t about how good or bad the skills are.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odeezee.7362

Odeezee.7362

utter kittening crap, we tried the whole polite thing for almost 3 years and we were forgotten, we tried giving constructive feedback and we were ignored, what more do you want us to do? people are just fed up now and we have every right to vent. And as for Robert, he made these changes he can speak for himself. and if he truly believes in what he has done then he has to explain his reasoning and show us how these things hold up in competitive play!

in Necromancer

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

the changes were really good. lots of options for necros. experienced players are loving it for the most part.

in Necromancer

Odeezee.7362

the changes were really good. lots of options for necros. experienced players are loving it for the most part.

haha, i am going to save this comment so i can have you eat it after Tuesday.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

utter kittening crap, we tried the whole polite thing for almost 3 years and we were forgotten, we tried giving constructive feedback and we were ignored, what more do you want us to do? people are just fed up now and we have every right to vent. And as for Robert, he made these changes he can speak for himself. and if he truly believes in what he has done then he has to explain his reasoning and show us how these things hold up in competitive play!

No he doesn’t. There is nothing forcing him to. If he were to explain it would be because he wanted to. If I truly believed in something I do not have to defend it, @see religion, vegetarianism, other stuff.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

No he doesn’t. There is nothing forcing him to. If he were to explain it would be because he wanted to. If I truly believed in something I do not have to defend it, @see religion, vegetarianism, other stuff.

I’m honestly surprised some of the necros here don’t try and go highjack those threads with the dev posts haha. Oh that’d be interesting.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: dood.7526

dood.7526

That would be a very bad way of doing things

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

Some of the changes were good. The Spite changes seem to be mostly solid. Though the Curses changes are really bad. Death looks pretty good. Blood i’m skeptical about. I’m going to say one way or another at the moment. It could be great but its hard to tell at this time. Soul Reaping is mostly great but dhuumfire could have its duration increased to 4 seconds.

in Necromancer

Linnael.1069

Some of the changes were good. The Spite changes seem to be mostly solid. Though the Curses changes are really bad. Death looks pretty good. Blood i’m skeptical about. I’m going to say one way or another at the moment. It could be great but its hard to tell at this time. Soul Reaping is mostly great but dhuumfire could have its duration increased to 4 seconds.

The spec changes are now fine, which is making it harder to get attention because thats what all the dev attention is on right now.

The problem is with our core abilities and mostly with the healing ones, which haven’t been touched in forever and are thus less likely to see attention.

Also, necros have too much to complain about. speedy kits got touched because it was the only nerf and literally every engi could agree on wanting a revert. The necro forum is just a cacophony that’s really intimidating to look into.

in Necromancer

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

Acutually you kind of do. Believing something isn’t a free pass to immunity from good reasoning. Especially when your beliefs affect other people. Besides your entire post is equivocation on the word belief.

These changes are massive and arguably backwards from a players perspective. Radically nerfing skills into the ground, because they may be affected by a new trait that many people won’t even take, is completely backwards. It essentially assumes that everybody will take the trait, which is nonsense by itself. If they trait makes a skill a balanced skill to powerful, then the problem is either;
1. The trait
2. That the trait affects the skill at all

The only rational, reasonable thing to do would be to not have the trait affect the skill.

Anything more than that and an explanation needs to be given for why the skill needed to be changed to be affected by the trait.

The change is especially absurd given that the CC is being made the starter heal for necro. Untraited necros will now have a ridiculously long CD on a skill which is supposed to cleanse conditions, that infacts, causes conditions. The very idea is ludicrous.

If robert wants to make CC useful to people who build around corruptions then he should have had the trait turn CC into a corruption skill, when the trait is slotted. What’s more the idea of CC being a corruption skill in the first place is kitten -backwards. Part of the skill’s interaction with Corruption, is that the the user had to choose between cleansing a condition or weaponising it. This concept worked for everyone.

Why has it been changed? We’ve no idea because it hasn’t been explained. If we had been given some explanation of the thinking behind it, people might not be so irate.

Instead, what we get is
“hey necros, your condition cleanse now causes conditions which will kill cause you to get bursted down and killed easily, because there’s a trait you prolly won’t take. Go fudge yourselves”.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

At first, when I read about the Master of Corruption changes, I thought that it would just give you additional stacks of the same condition.
Is it confirmed that it gives new conditions?
If so, do we have a list?

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in Necromancer

Linnael.1069

At first, when I read about the Master of Corruption changes, I thought that it would just give you additional stacks of the same condition.
Is it confirmed that it gives new conditions?
If so, do we have a list?

Gee mentioned a few hard hitting ones but didn’t mention which they lined up to. Torment, Blind, (Poison I think) and some more. you could check the livestream, they’re in there when he talks about it.

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

The spec changes are now fine, which is making it harder to get attention because thats what all the dev attention is on right now.

The problem is with our core abilities and mostly with the healing ones, which haven’t been touched in forever and are thus less likely to see attention.

Also, necros have too much to complain about. speedy kits got touched because it was the only nerf and literally every engi could agree on wanting a revert. The necro forum is just a cacophony that’s really intimidating to look into.

The Consume condition nerf is the biggest thing. This is the thing that everyone agrees on. Well… Except that ONE guy. So that should at least be addressed.

in Necromancer

Burjis.3087

The Consume condition nerf is the biggest thing. This is the thing that everyone agrees on. Well… Except that ONE guy. So that should at least be addressed.

That kinda depends on how intense the conditions are that you receive if you trait it. In my opinion, 10 stacks of vulnerability is too much, add an additional chill or something on top of that and it could really hurt.

Also, a 4 second duration, even though it seems low on paper, it’s pretty high in practice. If you use it after a fight, it will keep you in combat for an additional 4 seconds which is high for fast paced collapses that you need in PvP.

But then, all the additional condi transfers and removals that we will get with the patch can change the equation. It’s hard to judge it on paper only. We have to play to find out.

in Necromancer

Burjis.3087

Anyway, what’s the ICD on the new Dhuumfire?

And I’m so sad that Death Nova now has a 15 second ICD.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Anyway, what’s the ICD on the new Dhuumfire?

And I’m so sad that Death Nova now has a 15 second ICD.

Dhuumfire no icd, and doesn’t the icd only work on the jagged horror part?

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Burjis.3087

Oh those are good news.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Im really happy with most of the changes. I dont agree with the plague and consume conditions nerfs though. And the BiP change is nice but i feel the uptime versus cooldown makes it far too weak (might from blasts lasts 20 seconds so running bone minions would be far superior assuming group has fire fields). And there are a few other minor things like more blast finishers, spinal shivers cast time and projectile block on WoD/CPC.

But overall im pretty happy.

Also another big thing. I find it very hard to believe anyone will run master of corruption now. Its only cooldown reduction for extra negative effects. Corruption skills arent strong enough to even justify their base self harm conditions. This trait should reduce cooldown and double effectiveness. Or corruption skills should have no self harm conditions as base. But this trait adds them to the skills while also doing slightly more than cooldown reduction.

I get that the extra conditions can be strong with transfers. But we have to build around those and we dont enough easy access transfers to justify such extreme negatives. Wasting your heal or transfer just avoid self weakness is definitely not a strength to the skill. These conditions restrict the way you build when you run corruptions and they hurt your midplay choice by forcing you to cleanse in a lot of situations.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

they are getting a dev to respond by being polite.

Of course warriors are polite. High armor, high HP, 400 passive healing, 6 stunbreakers, insta-activation shouts and stances, utility such as condi immunity, long stability, damage immunity, unblockable attacks. Good condition removal, high damage scaling, high condition duration/stacks on skills, mobility skills and some of the best traits in the game.

Of course they are polite. They are the most favoured.

in Necromancer

Posted by: splatticus.1278

splatticus.1278

The Warriors in their class forum seem sort of oblivious to the rest of the classes. There’s quite a bit of “OMG Anet why you nerf us to the ground” and “OMG we need this super powerful trait as baseline or we’ll suck” threads going on there. Like, can we have Close to Death made baseline please? It’s very important for many builds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Some of the changes look ok, but i dislike how certain traits are in the same tier. Like spectral mastery and vital persistance for ex. bugs me cause I often ran both. CC nerf isn’t kool cause its not op to begin with(it never healed for that much without condi on you, it has a ez to interrupt cast time and alrdy longer recharge than many other meta heals ). On a positive note, that new blood bond trait that casts vampiric signet looks like it will be fun for pve and we get more damage mods in spite.

in Necromancer

Odeezee.7362

NO! he only explained the changes really well as if they were in a vacuum, which they are not! explaining them in the context of other professions is what’s required here and he should kittening know that by now. that’s the issue with him as our dev, he tries to find little cool niche things for the profession, but have such low positive impact on our place in the game at large, hence why we NEVER improve to a point of competitiveness.

Tuesday is going to look something like this:
Necromancers = trying to find a gem in the crap dirt that we have to choose from.
All other professions = trying to figure out which of their fine gems to use.

in Necromancer

Cecilia.5179

I would blow a fuse if the nerfs that they threw onto us are all still there by Tuesday. I remember that they tried to nerf Elemental Attunement once by putting it next to Renewing Stamina, and it was moved back because of complaints, and recently, They tried to nerf Elemental Attunement again by putting it next to Evasive Arcana, and they made it a minor trait because of all the complaints, making every ele super happy.

#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

I don’t know who is more out of touch with reality. You or Anet….

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Koalachan.3451

Koalachan.3451

Unless change is a value, it cannot be changed overnight.

Maybe the next patch after the next patch things will be better

in Necromancer

Cecilia.5179

Unless change is a value, it cannot be changed overnight.

Maybe the next patch after the next patch things will be better

The next balance patch won’t be until HoT, so that would leave us as trash until elite specializations come.

#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

The Warriors in their class forum seem sort of oblivious to the rest of the classes. There’s quite a bit of “OMG Anet why you nerf us to the ground” and “OMG we need this super powerful trait as baseline or we’ll suck” threads going on there. Like, can we have Close to Death made baseline please? It’s very important for many builds.

No surprise. One of the easiest and most brain dead of classes out there. Wouldn’t doubt for one second the majority of Anet roll or ‘main’ one. We can see some problems of that popping up as a result.

We know Anet doesn’t play Thief. Sorta looking like we can add Necro to that list. When devs state things like X was changed because a lot of the player base was asking for it when literally NO ONE, ZERO, 0, ZIP, NADA actually were. Well… it shows how far their craniums are up their kittens.

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

No, they are getting responses cause it is kittening warrior, and not Necromancer. Seriously, they even went the extra mile gathering feed-back on changing tomes on Guardians when DH was revealed, but did WE get any chance to say anything about the CC and Plagueform changes, or were even warned it advance? No, of course we weren’t, cause the 99% of the devs can’T be assed to even think about the fact that Necros exist.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

No, they are getting responses cause it is kittening warrior, and not Necromancer. Seriously, they even went the extra mile gathering feed-back on changing tomes on Guardians when DH was revealed, but did WE get any chance to say anything about the CC and Plagueform changes, or were even warned it advance? No, of course we weren’t, cause the 99% of the devs can’T be assed to even think about the fact that Necros exist.

You’re comparing the specialization reveal with these trait changes. Did you miss all of the threads from The Gates Assassin? They clearly took suggestions.

in Necromancer

Odeezee.7362

You’re comparing the specialization reveal with these trait changes. Did you miss all of the threads from The Gates Assassin? They clearly took suggestions.

dude, no. re-read what he wrote.