Scourge Synergy

Scourge Synergy

in Necromancer

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

There are some really nice synergies with Scourge I have been finding with my theory crafting lately, one I am really excited about is Demonic Lore and the Sigil of Torment, I had been running Earth on my OH Dagger, but I think my Torch will get Torment and for PvE, Demonic Lore will be great for AoE torment and burning. The other one I am liking is Terrifying Descent, Terror, Demonic Lore and Garish Pillar. That looks pretty nice, if you are not using Corruptions that is. Although, if you load up on Corruptions and use Nefarious Favor, it’s pretty great too.

What synergies are you guys excited for?

Scourge Synergy

in Necromancer

Posted by: Murdock.6547

Murdock.6547

dagger torch with sigil of torment and sigil of geomancy or something similar.
perhaps sigil of earth? more likely geomancy.
that way you can swap between scepter and either dagger, torch, or wh. depending?

it sounds fun, though. good on you for seeing that.
I’m a little disappointed in myself for not thinking it first.

I’m personally excited for synergies between corruptions and F2.
Turning condis into boons. With the free concentration from your traits, you gain longer boons and with something like seraphs your boons last even longer.
with blood magic you gain even more healing power for free (so regens heal more), and you gain access to mark of blood on dodge (more regen)

So on other words, a boon spamming, condition cleaning, healer that does okay damage in its own right.

What a circus. Complete with clowns and monkeys that do tricks.

(edited by Murdock.6547)

Scourge Synergy

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaladel.1670

Kaladel.1670

I tried this during the stress test. It was pretty nice. Not really OP, but having another way* to turn those condi into something beneficial was nice.

*Beside condi transfer.

Scourge Synergy

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I tried this during the stress test. It was pretty nice. Not really OP, but having another way* to turn those condi into something beneficial was nice.

*Beside condi transfer.

Condi transfer can be a double edged knife though. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve tried to transfer condi, only for it to miss and I end up dying because of it. More actual removal is a nice addition.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Scourge Synergy

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaladel.1670

Kaladel.1670

*Beside condi transfer.

Condi transfer can be a double edged knife though. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve tried to transfer condi, only for it to miss and I end up dying because of it. More actual removal is a nice addition.

Or your target is dead and there is no one around.

Scourge Synergy

in Necromancer

Posted by: Professor Sprout.1560

Professor Sprout.1560

So on other words, a boon spamming, condition cleaning, healer that does okay damage in its own right.

Was pondering this approach to the scourge today since minmaxing for a single goal isn’t my style of buildcraft. This is as far as I have got.

• Soul Reaping as one traitline with Vital Persistence and Dhuumfire as trait choices. This multiplies lifeforce gain and gives faster cooldowns on F2-F5, plus burn on every shade skill. Fear/conversion/barrier/burn spam across 20 targets is the unique aptitude of the scourge, and these traits strengthen the foundations of that spam.
  • Axe&Torch, Dagger&Warhorn for weapons. The power weapons provide more lifeforce than sceptre&dagger and more useful non-damaging effects (healing, swiftness, vuln and hard CC rather than just more boon corruption and condition clear).
  • Sand Soul + Flame Legion Runes + Sigil of Malice + Sigil of Smouldering + Fire Meat Chili + Ascended Vigilant Helm/Amulet/Earring =15+30+10+20+15+10=100% burning duration. This is a power build, but dhuumfire is too important for us to refrain from not maxing out our burning duration. Of the various ways that I have checked this seems to be the one that preserves as much power performance as possible, and it gives a nice +25% boon duration as well.
  • Scourge traits are Abrasive Gift, Desert Empowerment and Sand Savant (the top row options). These are the support traits, although Sadistic Searing might replace Desert Empowerment if the punishment skills receive a buff.

This is as far as I am settled upon: beyond here I’m still weighing things up, especially when it comes to utilities.