Sig of Vamp-Wont be that good

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Hello,

First let me say I love new skills. I really do. This is not a post to discourage you guys on putting in new skills in. However, this is more of a feedback post to address issues with this skill and the direction you seem to want to go with vamprisim in general. This is also all based on the datamined chat codes, they could have changed it.

First let me give you feedback on the skill itself. First, this skill seems like a fun idea. However in terms of viability and its ability to stand up in the meta; it sacks. The skill itself is for starters a signent. Right now there aren’t too many good sigs that warrant getting the sig reduction/might on usage. Plague for example. It has a CD that is way too long. The rate at which conditions are applied (or spammed now a days) this sig is mostly useless. It takes up a utility slot and can maybe buy you .13 seconds before you got most of the conditions you wanted to disperse. This condition spamming is another main reason why vamp isn’t that good. We need consume conditions. There is a reason why the meta is the meta. With consume, staff, and dagger OH we can manage conditions pretty well and counter the spam. If we deviate from this at all we start to be at a big disadvantage. Sigent of Spite. The power bonus is cool, however its activation bonus and its cooldown is not. Not only is it a long CD, but most of the timer if I’m traiting for power or willing to sacrifice a utility slot for power, I would no way in underworld need to do anything with condition damage. The final thing is that vamprisim just doesn’t heal for a lot. Lets think about regen warriors and healing sig, then eles and their healing sig. The heal they do with these skills and setup are really high, and all they have to do is spam skills and easier things than vampirisim on a necro.

So my main issues with the skill are as follows.

1. We sacrifice a huge condition management that we pratically need, feast on conditions.

2. Signets are not too good except for undeath.

3. No initial heal. Unless I can get a heal when I use the sig, then it is another big disadvantage

4. Vamprisim doesn’t heal that well at all. Even if I go full vampirism and every single vamprisim buff went off at once, I wouldn’t even be close to healing in a good amount against another players DPS. Even if I have regen on.

5. Vampirism doesn’t scale well at all. Vamprisim is a great way to make cleric armor sets actually useful for necromancers. However, the scaling is horrific.

Suggestions:

Decrease cooldown to 10 seconds if you really want people to use this. 4 second up time on activation, 20 second base CD, no initial heal, low vampirism heal. The current CD isn’t worth it compared to what other heal skills provide.
Reduce CD on plague sig to 20 seconds. 60 seconds on that thing is not worth it at all considering that condi spam in this game currently is absurdly high. Throw in the fact that while its up I’m actually sucking in conditions from other players.
You could put a condi removal on a less used item. Focus, axe, or warhorn would be great to have a condi remover.
Increase scalling to healing power to vampirism. Only if healing power scaled well would vampirism be worth doing. Some may suggest just going damage. If I’m going to go damage I have berserker power builds and condi spam builds for damage.

Thats my thoughts at least. From what I’ve read about it and what testing I’ve done with vamprisim already, the build opportunities are weak and slim. This may be popular in MM builds, but thats about as far as it goes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Have you looked at the actual heal?
It seems pretty decent to me, i dont like the fact that it benefits allies when they already get new heals but the passive seems decent though would prefer it, if it was on OUR attack/hit

in Necromancer

Deified.7520

It seems pretty decent to me, i dont like the fact that it benefits allies when they already get new heals but the passive seems decent though would prefer it, if it was on OUR attack/hit

Exactly. It seems like if you were to use this condition specs would rock you so hard, and the meta is very heavy in condis atm. I mean it wotn proc when a condition damage does damage to you. This means someone like a necro or engineer can easily counter you by placing a ton of condis (which isn’t that hard) and then running in circles. I’m going to experiment with a d/d and staff setup with lots of chilling to help prevent kiters and condi management. Aside from that, the heal isn’t too large. When you take into account how much damage people usually dish out and then combine that with AoEs and teamfights, it would seem a lot more viable just going well or consume conditions depending on how much support you want.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Hello,

First let me say I love new skills. I really do. This is not a post to discourage you guys on putting in new skills in. However, this is more of a feedback post to address issues with this skill and the direction you seem to want to go with vamprisim in general. This is also all based on the datamined chat codes, they could have changed it.

First let me give you feedback on the skill itself. First, this skill seems like a fun idea. However in terms of viability and its ability to stand up in the meta; it sacks. The skill itself is for starters a signent. Right now there aren’t too many good sigs that warrant getting the sig reduction/might on usage. Plague for example. It has a CD that is way too long. The rate at which conditions are applied (or spammed now a days) this sig is mostly useless. It takes up a utility slot and can maybe buy you .13 seconds before you got most of the conditions you wanted to disperse. This condition spamming is another main reason why vamp isn’t that good. We need consume conditions. There is a reason why the meta is the meta. With consume, staff, and dagger OH we can manage conditions pretty well and counter the spam. If we deviate from this at all we start to be at a big disadvantage. Sigent of Spite. The power bonus is cool, however its activation bonus and its cooldown is not. Not only is it a long CD, but most of the timer if I’m traiting for power or willing to sacrifice a utility slot for power, I would no way in underworld need to do anything with condition damage. The final thing is that vamprisim just doesn’t heal for a lot. Lets think about regen warriors and healing sig, then eles and their healing sig. The heal they do with these skills and setup are really high, and all they have to do is spam skills and easier things than vampirisim on a necro.

So my main issues with the skill are as follows.

1. We sacrifice a huge condition management that we pratically need, feast on conditions.

2. Signets are not too good except for undeath.

3. No initial heal. Unless I can get a heal when I use the sig, then it is another big disadvantage

4. Vamprisim doesn’t heal that well at all. Even if I go full vampirism and every single vamprisim buff went off at once, I wouldn’t even be close to healing in a good amount against another players DPS. Even if I have regen on.

5. Vampirism doesn’t scale well at all. Vamprisim is a great way to make cleric armor sets actually useful for necromancers. However, the scaling is horrific.

Suggestions:

Decrease cooldown to 10 seconds if you really want people to use this. 4 second up time on activation, 20 second base CD, no initial heal, low vampirism heal. The current CD isn’t worth it compared to what other heal skills provide.
Reduce CD on plague sig to 20 seconds. 60 seconds on that thing is not worth it at all considering that condi spam in this game currently is absurdly high. Throw in the fact that while its up I’m actually sucking in conditions from other players.
You could put a condi removal on a less used item. Focus, axe, or warhorn would be great to have a condi remover.
Increase scalling to healing power to vampirism. Only if healing power scaled well would vampirism be worth doing. Some may suggest just going damage. If I’m going to go damage I have berserker power builds and condi spam builds for damage.

Thats my thoughts at least. From what I’ve read about it and what testing I’ve done with vamprisim already, the build opportunities are weak and slim. This may be popular in MM builds, but thats about as far as it goes.

To your your issuses i think:

1: its true we lose condition management without cc but our other heals also dont have condition management and to be honset with have many good other condition management skills (wop, dagger 4, staff 4), so i think this point isnt not that bad.

2. I disagree with that. Its more that the cd of most signets is too long but the effects are good.

3. its a trade of no intial heal but you can also heal your allies and for pve you will always get a good amount heal of the active (if it doesnt have a icd).

4. that is maybe true, but i always thought the siphon form traits should be a nice bonus but the junk of siphon comes from skills, which we actually lack (we have only dagger 2 and locust (too long cd…)) .

5. I think the scaling of the traits would be ok if the scaling of our active siphons skills would be better (and we would have more of them). I also think balancing our skills is easier than our traits as they effect more skills…

in Necromancer

Deified.7520

I didnt even mention how any type of damage negator is a huge counter to us.

I mean most of our condi cleanse skills require to hit a target (dagger OH, staff, sig). Consume condis is the only one that isn’t. So naturally in a game where people are spamming dodges most of the time or evades, constantly going invisible, blocking, and then CC; anything vamprisim is insanely easy to counter.

Just go into a dueling arena and try doing vampirism builds. Most of the time you get rocked hard. I really don’t thinking people hitting you and healing for a small amount is going to help a lot.

in Necromancer

Deified.7520

To your your issuses i think:

1: its true we lose condition management without cc but our other heals also dont have condition management and to be honset with have many good other condition management skills (wop, dagger 4, staff 4), so i think this point isnt not that bad.

2. I disagree with the signets its more that the cd of most is too long but the effects arre good

3. its a trade of no intial heal but you can also heal your allies and for pve you will always get a good amount heal of the active (if it doesnt have a icd).

4. that is maybe true, but i always thought the siphon form traits should be a nice bonus but the junk of siphon comes from skills, which we actually lack (we have only dagger 2 and locust (too long cd…)) .

5. I think the scaling of the traits would be ok if the scaling of our active siphons skills would be better (and we would have more of them). I also think balancing our skills is easier than our traits as they effect more skills…

1. The thing about our other skills is they offer us a actual big immediate heal. If I wanted to support my team in a fight, It would probably a lot more viable to just go the well heal. The skills you talked about rely on hitting a target. When I’m in dueling people are constant dodging. They dodge the stupidest things(autoattack from dagger for example), however thanks to traits and boons the punishment for wasting a dodge isn’t that large for most classes. If this skill had a 3k heal on usage, then this issue wouldn’t be as large. Another way they can reduce this issue is by reducing the plague sig CD significantly. Like 20 second CD or 25 seconds.

2. The way I look at it is synergy and the CD. Undeath I can understand the CD. Locust, again the heal is not that large compared to a 60 second cd. Plague same story. Its mostly just spite that I hate in terms of effects. Again, I like the power. However, I just dont see using it in any builds because of the condi activation.

3. The problem is that its not that large of a heal. It last for 4 seconds too. I went full cleric just to see how much of a heal I can get on the datamined version, it was only like 450. PvE it will probably be good, but I still think wells would be a lot better in terms of wanting to throw in healing as team support. Plus when you place down a well it can’t be countered unless they CC you out. With the sig all the person has to do is run away, and in this game most classes can do this very easily.

4. I agree with you. I think they either need to do what I said, or do what you said and increase our skills that siphon health.

5. Agree

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

I mean most of our condi cleanse skills require to hit a target (dagger OH, staff, sig). Consume condis is the only one that isn’t. So naturally in a game where people are spamming dodges most of the time or evades, constantly going invisible, blocking, and then CC; anything vamprisim is insanely easy to counter.

Just go into a dueling arena and try doing vampirism builds. Most of the time you get rocked hard. I really don’t thinking people hitting you and healing for a small amount is going to help a lot.

I did. I know that siphon builds suck but i think our active siphon skills should siphon more hp/have better scaling instead of changing our spiphon traits much (maybe making blood thirst a 30 point trait and increase the value would be enough, but balancing that would be difficult). The passiv will help, but if siphon build become viable or not has to be tested first…

And wop and the 10 point death magic trait dont need an opponent…

Edit: signet of spite is also good for non condi builds it gives the opponent cripple, weakness, poison, 5 stacks vulnerability and blinds them ok the bleed is not that good but whatever.

(edited by Muchacho.2390)

in Necromancer

Deified.7520

I did. I know that siphon builds suck but i think our active siphon skills should siphon more hp/have better scaling instead of changing our spiphon traits much (maybe making blood thirst a 30 point trait and increase the value would be enough, but balancing that would be difficult). The passiv will help, but if siphon build become viable or not has to be tested first…

And wop and the 10 point death magic trait dont need an opponent…

Edit: signet of spite is also good for non condi builds it gives the opponent cripple, weakness, poison, 5 stacks vulnerability and blinds them ok the bleed is not that good but whatever.

Ah thats true. Wop is a bit of CD though. Shrouded removal is pretty good, I like it.

I think they’re afraid to do any kind of activation skills though. They probably believe that if they put in default siphoning skills (like the siphon without traits and actually siphon well) then necromancer will be too overpowered. Quite honestly warhorn #5 would be a nice siphon. Focus #4 could also be a siphon or a condi transfer. Dagger #1 would be a nice siphon skill considering you have to get in close. Axe could have a siphon, not sure about balance though. Maybe on its #1.

They could change it up a ton by making a master/grandmaster trait that makes it so you siphon health from foes around you over time if they have frozen on them. Just doing that could give it a great boost because it synergizes with necromancer play a ton.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Their is PLENTY of things they could do with Siphon. However, they wont simply because:

a) They dont care about Necro
b) They are not warriors
c) Would be “too strong” and EVERYONE would complain even if it was balanced.

For Dagger Auto i would like to see:

Strike 1: Poison
Strike 2: 5% Life Force
Strike 3: Life Steal – Say 50% of strike damage

This would mean that Power AND Healing Power would work with it. The more damage you do, the more it heals but with more Healing Power comes more healing…

in Necromancer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Is there any info on how this will scale with healing power? The initial info seems to indicate the passive gives 300 health when we are hit, any ICD? and what is the healing power mod? The active states that we mark the target and anyone that hits that target steals (600?) health.

The passive could be really impressive if it scales with Healing Power well (like well of blood) or if it scales well with Power as other vampiric abilities (well not like other vampiric abilities lol… better)

The active can be used to burst if it steals health at 600 a tick (ICD?) Overall i agree that in the condition meta CC is king but this skill has potential. If my info is correct that is, does anyone have a link to the skill description?

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Knowing Anet -

1) Passive 5 second ICD
2) Active 2 second ICD
3) No scaling on ANYTHING

in Necromancer

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

When i read the description of this skill i immediately thought this is anets way of giving us better party utility in PVE. I dont think its going to see much play in pvp, could be wrong.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

What else what MUST happen – Passives MUST be active when inside transformations ALL of them. Same goes for the Active part.

I wonder how jumping into Lich use the Mark that summons the 5 or so minions jump out and then pop the Mark on them lol

in Necromancer

Deified.7520

Is there any info on how this will scale with healing power? The initial info seems to indicate the passive gives 300 health when we are hit, any ICD? and what is the healing power mod? The active states that we mark the target and anyone that hits that target steals (600?) health.

The passive could be really impressive if it scales with Healing Power well (like well of blood) or if it scales well with Power as other vampiric abilities (well not like other vampiric abilities lol… better)

The active can be used to burst if it steals health at 600 a tick (ICD?) Overall i agree that in the condition meta CC is king but this skill has potential. If my info is correct that is, does anyone have a link to the skill description?

Here is how bad the datamined skill scales (which i hope isn’t the final skill, but it looks like it has a good chanec of being).

Level 80 human. No stats/Traits

Power:916
Healing Power: 0

Skill does the following, it is on a 20second cooldown.

Passive (when its off of CD and a person attacks you): Deals 319 damage to the attack, heals you for 294

Activate (when you use it on someone. It will stay on the person for 5 seconds): Deals 496 damage to the player when someone attacks him and it gives 500 hp to the attacker.

Level 80 human. Cleric Armor/No traits/

Power: 1,560
Healing Power: 923

Skill does the following, it is on a 20second cooldown.

Passive (when its off of CD and a person attacks you): Deals 334 damage to the attack, heals you for 327

Activate (when you use it on someone. It will stay on the person for 5 seconds): Deals 560 damage to the player when someone attacks him and it gives 648 hp to the attacker.

The numbers seem good, but when I think about the damage output of other classes; it doesn’t seem that good. I mean I will be using it when I want to mess around, but on a serious aspect its pretty poor. It may be good on my MM bunker that uses a lot of retaliation.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Personally the base needs to be 300 for the Passive and 600 for the Active and should scale more than it would currently do on the Passive, the active seems “decent” nearly 1,000 Healing power and it heals for an extra 33…

The same goes for the damage, the scaling is just pathetic.

in Necromancer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Wow that’s so bad… If it had better sailing i could see it being fun but like that it is just not worth losing CC (i really hope they don’t nerf CC just to make people use this weaksauce skill)

In PvE I would run this just for the extra dps, a sig on a 20s cooldown that has some good spike dps for 5s “could” be useful. also consider that it works for the whole party so if timed right that extra 400 some odd damage could add up fast. Im thinking golem charge on a wall, Eles FGS charge on a wall… you get the idea.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

The way they seem to be going is to give us 0.004% healing power co-efficient, but allow power to beef up the ‘damage’ of our ‘heals’. This damage also avoids mitigation.

in Necromancer

Deified.7520

The way they seem to be going is to give us 0.004% healing power co-efficient, but allow power to beef up the ‘damage’ of our ‘heals’. This damage also avoids mitigation.

The problem is that we are kind of sacrificing CC which is a very important skill. If this skill would have worked while in deathshrould, it would be way more worth it.

At its current state ill be using it when I want to mess around in PvE or when running some kind of MM bunker/retal stacking build.

The only way I’d consider using it in a serious setting in PvP would be if they reduced the CD of plague atleast to 30. I’d be more happy with 25, or 20; but 30 is perfect. With the condi spam now a days it needs to be done. Just with such a huge weakness to condititions with using a lifesteal spec, it is not worth it. I know i know, classes like mesmers and thieves are weak against conditions too. However these class have mobility or invurnabilities or defensive abilities that fully negate damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Heartlust.6140

Heartlust.6140

The passive is just unusable. Should have been whenever you attack an enemy instead. What is a 300 heal going to do when most damage is 3-8k? Meanwhile warriors heal up to 400/s and mesmers will have a 1k/3s new heal in comparison. The active isn’t even noticeable, our life transfer traited will heal 3-4k aoe AND deal 6-9k AOE DMG (zerk) at the same time, which clearly is a better option if you want group sustain.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Mesmers, Thieves and other classes have plenty of things that make not having much Condition removal. Necro once you are in the fight…you either win or die. You have no escape and you pretty much take the damage, with very little options to mitigate it bar Deathshroud and that wont save you in the end.

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

It seems you were right. That skill is utterly trash. For pvp it will be subpar to cc and in pve if you want group heal wob is still the better choice. The only upside it does damage but lets be frank, you give up too much for that damage and the cd and the cast time are too long. Maybe if the upped the numbers on the passiv, i would take it but as it stands, its a terrible burst and sustain heal and the damage is wasted.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It seems you were right. That skill is utterly trash. For pvp it will be subpar to cc and in pve if you want group heal wob is still the better choice. The only upside it does damage but lets be frank, you give up too much for that damage and the cd and the cast time are too long. Maybe if the upped the numbers on the passiv, i would take it but as it stands, its a terrible burst and sustain heal and the damage is wasted.

You forgot that you get more damage out of a Blood Fiend (if you wanted your heal to deal damage).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

You forgot that you get more damage out of a Blood Fiend (if you wanted your heal to deal damage).

And it also has a shorter cd…

in Necromancer

Posted by: gemnscout.5739

gemnscout.5739

Dang. I was actually excited when I first read about this new vamp skill. Now though, I just feel like….

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Deified.7520

So dulfy probably has a more updated one. Its about the same values I posted in terms of the none stated heal. HOWEVER, it does have a 4,025 initial heal on use.

Another big HOWEVER is this. IT has a ICD of 1 second with the passive heal. So if 5 targets hit you at the same time or within 1 second of the inital hit, it will only heal you ONCE.. The other big HOWEVER is that the active effect you put on somebody gets a very clear marker above their head for 5 seconds and has a stack of 25. So in the 5 seconds that someone gets attacks, they can only get hit 25 times before it goes away.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

So dulfy probably has a more updated one. Its about the same values I posted in terms of the none stated heal. HOWEVER, it does have a 4,025 initial heal on use.

Another big HOWEVER is this. IT has a ICD of 1 second with the passive heal. So if 5 targets hit you at the same time or within 1 second of the inital hit, it will only heal you ONCE.. The other big HOWEVER is that the active effect you put on somebody gets a very clear marker above their head for 5 seconds and has a stack of 25. So in the 5 seconds that someone gets attacks, they can only get hit 25 times before it goes away.

They pretty much went full nerf and turned an average skill into a useless one.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

Blood Fiend can also be killed, and WoB can’t be used underwater and has a limited and static area of effect.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Blood Fiend can also be killed, and WoB can’t be used underwater and has a limited and static area of effect.

When was the last time anyone cared about underwater?

And Blood Fiend only has to stay up for 4 seconds each summon to out-do the signet (for the healing, you use Taste of Death after its second attack, damage it doesn’t matter how it dies). And that’s with a traited signet and untraited Blood Fiend. Even in AoE spam areas, that’s easy to do.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

And Blood Fiend only has to stay up for 4 seconds each summon to out-do the signet (for the healing, you use Taste of Death after its second attack, damage it doesn’t matter how it dies). And that’s with a traited signet and untraited Blood Fiend. Even in AoE spam areas, that’s easy to do.

You don’t have to care about underwater to be forced to fight underwater.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You don’t have to care about underwater to be forced to fight underwater.

Fair enough. In that case, Blood Fiend. More damage, better healing for yourself. There is precious little group healing underwater anyway, so everyone just uses their best self-heals. Even underwater, this skill is terrible.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

A 10 point Blood Magic trait outheals this skill anyway, so if you need underwater healing go for that, it not only heals for more, but it is much more likely to get the full healing off.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

A 10 point Blood Magic trait outheals this skill anyway, so if you need underwater healing go for that, it not only heals for more, but it is much more likely to get the full healing off.

Remember that Life Transfer isn’t on underwater death shroud?

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Shows you how often I play underwater then.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

I really didn’t expect anything having to do with siphons to be all that useful. You know the drill, set your expectations low and never be disappointed.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Necromancer

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

The skill was useless before they even nerfed it,now its not even worth the time it took to even code it.

Gratz you guys dropped the ball again.

in Necromancer

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Making it work while in Deathshroud would be a very good balance for it’s current form, and could finally bring some power builds using shroud to the pvp scene

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vortok.6975

Vortok.6975

Don’t worry the guy Karl don’t even play it correctly he should go in the sparring partner place. It sure lack of something like… every 10sec we lose a condition. Because there’s no way we will trade CC for that signet. It seem they don’t know where to go with the necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I have seen the skill. Not even the devs seem too interested in it and the internal cool down on every single part of this skill puts it down into uselessness. This isn’t a “decent” heal, its a garbage heal. There is no redeeming factor about this heal. 400 healing per second, for your allies on its active, I can do more then that even with the full 5 seconds of that with well of blood or with my elementalist at level 65, not even 80 or traited for that with her heals. Not only that the pitiful damage out put doesn’t make it even remotely viable as bonus damage as the blood fiend does more as well.

Everything about this skills is just bad. They went in a completely different direction then what we needed for support. This skill is worse then the antitoxin spray.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

My post was before they showed how much they have pretty much made unusable. In its current form it is truly pathetic. I dont know what is worse that they had a decent one that needed a bit of tweaking, the fact that they nerfed it into being totally useless or the fact they will release it like this and think its fine…