Sigil of Bursting vs Sigil of Earth

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Does anybody know whether the +6% condition damage on the sigil of bursting applies to your base condition damage or to your final condition damage (after applying food and nourishment, might, corruption stacks and etc)?

I want to really figure out which one is better on a 50% crit chance full rabid gear necromancer:
Sigil of bursting (+6% condition damage) or sigil of earth (5 sec bleeds on 60% chance on crits, 2 sec cooldown)?

What I want to do on my necro in wvw and pve is to actually get another rabid offhand dagger (for my scepter/dagger set) and put corruption on it. Equip it to get 25 stacks of corruption then switch it out with my other dagger. Now my problem is trying to figure out whether have sigil of earth on my scepter and sigil of bursting on my other dagger or have sigil of bursting on my scepter and sigil of earth on my other dagger. Whichever sigil finds its way to my scepter will see more battle than the one on my dagger. That’s why I want to know if earth is better or bursting.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

(edited by Burjis.3087)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

So to answer the first question, bursting takes into account base condition damage, damage added from all armor/weapons, food, wrench buff, and THEN applies a 1.06 multiplier. It comes out to around 90ish condition damage with full rabid and condition runes.

It does not include the 250 condition damage from stacks in the calculation, as that is added on afterwards.

Not sure I understand the second part of the post. I use both earth and bursting after stacking up to 25 corruption. I use offhand dagger with corruption, and swap to offhand dagger with bursting. Scepter just has earth on it all the time.

Hope that answers it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

Rennoko basically said it anyway, but concerning the second part: Earth equates to more damage than Bursting, so it’s best to put Earth on scepter and have Bursting on your switch dagger.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Thanks for the responses. That’s exactly what I needed to know for both parts.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

I figure this is PvE, so a few notes (all of the stuff ren said is 100% true, just you might wanna keep this in mind):
Bloodlust>Corruption as the stack sigil, if you are able to attack more than 80% of the encounter and use 3 at least once every 18~ seconds (dont remember the exact numbers but it was around double the cooldown).
If you got undead runes, the 6% bonus is 110 in full rabid.
Also ascended weapons are gonna be out next patch so we can add another 10%~ bonus to the amount of cond damage weapons give.
And last but not least, if you got dumbfire and use cpc/cb with transfer for higher poison uptime, that cond damage is gonna help there.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

Doesn’t Superior Sigil of Bursting have +6 condition damage? Or is it a typo on the sigil and the ingame text is missing the “%”?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Doesn’t Superior Sigil of Bursting have +6 condition damage? Or is it a typo on the sigil and the ingame text is missing the “%”?

Typo. It’s been tested to be +6%.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.